Is CashCard a joke?

City Cat

Dominant
Society
BAHQc
City Cat nexa Anastasia
Fellow entropians...i have a question adressed to those who really got some money outta this game. If i would like to take out is cashcard a rapid and comfortable method to do it?

Has anyone ever used it? if u dont wanna comment public i`m opened to pm`s

Thanks in advance for all your shared info

Cash cards actually don't work for 2 years now.
MA only promises to return it back in future.

ahhh... the cashcard... well, you see, Entropia is dynamic...

The cashcard is somehow related with the atrox egg...

Seems 2 me that the ONLY time the EU cashcard exists is when MA representatives lies about its existans in all kind of media. To me this looks as a piece of MAs strategy with false marketing of EU to get new players hooked, once in the game after u maybe even bought a cashcard in the TT u will realize u r screwed. So far the cashcard is just existing in Mr Wellter and Ugglas imagination. The reason 4 this ? Oh well your last name dont have 2 be Einstein 2 realize that MA does EVERYTHING in their power 2 keep our peds as LONG as possible in their game. They have NO intrest whatsoever 2 give us the cashcards 2 make it simple 4 US.:mad:
So the answer 2 your question is sadly a BIG HUGE YES. It IS a joke! a joke on US.

Hey there! Cash cards havent been in use for about 2 years - People who had previously bought them before MA stopped their usage have a 1 week withdrawal timezone-like a fast track to make up for the fact they cannot withdraw from an ATM anymore.

No one knows when MA will bring them back, but they keep saying they are working on it...

Hope this helps!

Frankenberry-NBK Legion

I didnot have it.. but i really want it.. and i think that MA stated that the problem is on bank side... so they are trying to find the solution.. i wish the best

thanks everyone...so if i wanna takeout 140k ped...i get a big LOL back from MA. This means by bank will be the same problem?

thanks everyone...so if i wanna takeout 140k ped...i get a big LOL back from MA. This means by bank will be the same problem?

No, but prepare for a 90+ days waiting game

Did you own a cashcard before they stoped working?And if you did,did you have the limit increased?
If so then you might be lucky and wait a few weeks.Or if i recal corectly,the maximum limit of the cashcard was 30k PEDs a mounths.So you might have to wait a bit longer.

Yeah, what the hell?

I bought one awhile ago, hoping it would be re-released soon. I waited about half a year, then I'm all "Jesus blegh, I'll just cancel it and buy it when it finally IS RELEASED."

Seriously though...

Entropia Universe Cash Card Update
14 Feb 2008

MindArk apologize for the delay in delivery of the new Entropia Universe Cash Card.

Implementation of the new Cash Card is ongoing; however unforeseen technical complications have delayed its launch. Both MindArk and the Cash Card provider are doing everything possible to expedite this process. We are confident our efforts will result in a secure, inexpensive and enduring service for Entropia participants.

In the mean time, Cash Card holders will continue to be prioritized in the Withdrawals queue.

Once again, MindArk are working to make the service available as soon as possible.

Edit: I just noticed something... "Mindark are working to..."

"Mindark ARE working..."

Shouldn't it be "is?" I know they're a company, but thats just it. They are a single company. >_> I'm not an expert in grammar or anything. Could someone please tell me I am wrong, so I can get this off my chest? xD

Edit, Edit: lulz!

The MINDARKS ARE WORKING!

THE MINDARKS IS WORKING!

The mindarks is working!

Mindark is Wayne King , hence too busy to sort out cash card

Pity, this'd be an excellent marketing tool if it actually worked, not to mention convenient for us ...

come on
one cashcard thread in plus ...
they worked once upon a time ago ...
but now they don't ..
and in the future they will ...

well it's not like easy that return a lost item sold in TT
mindark told before, the bank involved in was not trusty enough so we have to wait
and it's normal, who would be want to be paid by a banana republic bank ?

Last edited:
cash card joke? Maybe to them (MA) on us.

To the people that would like to have it, very serious.

Last I heard as to why it isn't available is because Mastercard decided they didn't want any part of it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/333751/how_some_online_gamers_make_real_money.html?page=2&cat=19

Now why they can't just do a reverse charge and put back on a credit card that is registered is beyond me (not really, that would mean people have access to their in game money, meaning MA would not have fat pockets anymore).

In every aspect MA acts in regards to players having access to their money (cash card, and 90 days to process withdrawl) says they really don't want people to have ready access to their money.

This is the main reason I am very leary about putting any significant deposit (investment) in game. Never telling when I would be able to pull proceeds from that investment, if at all ( this is based on MAs track record both in regards to withdrawls, being honest about them, and recently the way they willing to change rules (EULA-contract between them and us)retroactively. Who knows when they may decide to change them for their own benefit next time. They created a precedent of doing this and the people accepted it giving them (MA) leverage if they decide to do it again.

cash card joke? Maybe to them (MA) on us.
[...]
Now why they can't just do a reverse charge and put back on a credit card that is registered is beyond me (not really, that would mean people have access to their in game money, meaning MA would not have fat pockets anymore).

[...]

sorry but it's not the same, cashcard is not your master card

mindark has to find a reliable company to edit and handle them ..

sorry but it's not the same, cashcard is not your master card

it is the same, Mastercard was the company behind the cash card allowing it to be used at atms.
In 2006, Swedish multiplayer online game maker of Entropia Universe planned to introduce a real world ATM card into their game, allowing players to withdraw real cash from their game's virtual bank account. In 2007, Mastercard told the game company that they would no longer support the game's ATM Project
taken from the link I provided.

What I meant by doing a reverse charge is something different than even needing a cash card.

It is an option that they could EASILY implement now. They charge cards for deposits, and they can reverse charge to the card for withdrawls. But that would make it TOO easy for people to get their money.

it is the same, Mastercard is the company behind the card allowing it to be used at atms.

What I meant by doing a reverse change is something different than even needing a cash card.

It is an option that they could EASILY implement now. They can charge cards, and they can reverse charge to the card. But that would make it TOO easy for people to get their money.

ok i have a visa premier and i like it more than mastercard, more reliable and more secure ..

and i like the chip ..

What I meant by doing a reverse charge is something different than even needing a cash card.

Yep I agree, as far as i understand many online gambling sites already use this method for withdrawals. Not having the cashcard doesn't really bother me, but leaving them for purchase in the trade terminal is just plain wrong IMO when they are not functional and with no re-introduction coming in the near future.
It would be nice for someone from MA to comment on the present situation with this, I did table a question for the latest Q & A session - but it seemed to be overlooked as a viable question.:rolleyes:

Yep I agree, as far as i understand many online gambling sites already use this method for withdrawals. Not having the cashcard doesn't really bother me, but leaving them for purchase in the trade terminal is just plain wrong IMO when they are not functional and with no re-introduction coming in the near future.
It would be nice for someone from MA to comment on the present situation with this, I did table a question for the latest Q & A session - but it seemed to be overlooked as a viable question.:rolleyes:

and i don't agree

i need a reliable company behind this cashcard and that's all (and witha chip please)

Last edited:
and i don't agree

i need a reliable company behind this cashcard and that's all (and witha chip please)

But why have a cashcard when it's possible already to have payments directed to your current card registered with EU?:scratch2:
That is if Ma were to impliment it of course.

and i don't agree

It would be reliable. It would be your own card that is used (your visa card that you mentioned).

Just like going to a mall and buying something. If you return it, the mall would just put the money back on the card that you used to purchase the item.

By using reverse charge to a card that a member registered with MA to make deposits, the security is already built in by the bank owning the card.

As mentioned, many gambling sites use this method since it's already in place and easy to give members access to their money.

MAs avoidance of this EASY method only causes me to question their motives in regard to giving members access to their money.

But why have a cashcard when it's possible already to have payments directed to your current card registered with EU?:scratch2:
That is if Ma were to impliment it of course.

It would be reliable. It would be your own card that is used (your visa card that you mentioned).
Just like going to a mall and buying something. If you return it, the mall would just put the money back on the card that you used to purchase the item.
By using reverse charge to a card that a member registered with MA to make deposits, the security is already built in by the bank owning the card.
As mentioned, many gambling sites use this method since it's already in place and easy to give members access to their money.
MAs avoidance of this EASY method only causes me to question their motives in regard to giving members access to their money.

please i don't live in disneyworld
i prefer another card to have payment from entropia

please i don't live in disneyworld

ok :scratch2:

What was mentioned isn't fantasy, what is more fantasy is MA's cashcard. Seems no reputable company, mastercard or visa, want anthing to do with the cash card project.

Question is why is MA making it so difficult when there is no need, apart from their own greed, to keep down the road of their own card.

Their interest certainly isn't their customers since the means are in place with the global visa and mastercard systems and current cards already held by people to give people access to their money. But this route wouldn't give them access to usage fees, monthly card fees, or any other fees they have dreamed up.

We'll just keep watching MA tout their cash card at the conventions knowing full well it's all just talk, and not real.

I'm quite sure many more people would loosen up their wallets if they knew they would have easier and quicker access to their money.

perhaps the insurance ?

Yes I used it you could only take out 3000 USD$ a day or week one of the two.. after you increased your limit.

I remember one day going around raiding all the atm machines in town xD cause they each had a 100-300$ limit :D
We had a giant stack of twenty's to deposit in the bank and the bank clerk didn't even care lol.. fun day
It was when I partially sold out.

It also worked brilliantly, but with it gone its not bad ma still holds true to the expediant withdrawl if you were a cashcard owner

only having to way 2weeks to a month isn't bad.

It is currently a joke since it used to work but so long has passed since. And will continue to be until they get it working again. It almost seems as if the process of expiditing withdrawls for people that had them is just another perk for "those that came first" akin to having shadow armor etc. I dunno. More sour grapes.

perhaps the insurance ?

What insurance?

I would rather have my visa card than their cash card. I look at the company behind the card and that has everything to do with whether they are trustworthy or not.

Obviously there was something fishy(my speculation) about the cash card and the way MA wanted it implemented otherwise Mastercard corporation wouldn't have backed out the way they did.

Only MA and Mastercard corp know for sure the exact reasons why their deal fell through leaving us without working cash cards, and since nothing positive has happened since, it would seem no other major bank corporation wants to get behind the project as well. They could do a lot to build some trust in the project, 1. by being honest about it, 2. giving a deadline that they are working towards to having it functional.

As the alternative, if MA would do a reverse charge to a registered credit card/debit card (which ever you may use to deposit), you have all the protections(insurance) associated with that card. If you don't trust that level of security, then why even bother using your current credit card?

I would love to invest, I've watched several hangers come and go that I would have liked to acquire, but I want some major assurances, beyond their word because as of late their word doesn't mean much to me, that my investment is safe and is accessible.

A 90 day wait is not accessible, although I can see why they do it, 3 months of interest can be significant, then they profit 1.5% on top of that for the withdrawl, creative money making there.

edited because I had my mucking words all fuddled up and everything was bass ackwards.

Back