Is Marco still working for Ma/fpc/sds/wtf?

Status

helena

Elite
Society
Crimson devils
Helene Helena Fra
havent heard a single word from our legendary marco since january !!

Where is he??????????????

Well by the looks of things.... Employment involving Planet Calypso is "Dynamic". You know that sinking feeling you get when you dump 30 PED into killing a mob and get the "No Loot" message? I'm guessing he's rec'd his "No Loot" message.

Menace

pretty ingenuous way to replace your entire development team.. props to MA.

pretty ingenuous way to replace your entire development team.. props to MA.

Didn't you get the memo? SEE decided to stop working with MA and on Calypso and then dumped its team. No known involvement from MA.

Didn't you get the memo? SEE decided to stop working with MA and on Calypso and then dumped its team. No known involvement from MA.

Some of the responses to querys say that SEE made the pull-out decision in March. On March 31 they put out the Guiness Book record sale announcement. That really doesn't leave much March for them to have made the decision to vacate the universe in.

To quote that cartoon bulldog, "It just don't add up!"

So much BS, wrong turns, canceled stuff and forgotten things inside this Universe.

For sure, no other "game" can keep up with PE/EU regarding such "news&stories".

BAH! What a shame!

Some of the responses to querys say that SEE made the pull-out decision in March. On March 31 they put out the Guiness Book record sale announcement. That really doesn't leave much March for them to have made the decision to vacate the universe in.

To quote that cartoon bulldog, "It just don't add up!"

Its not the only thing about that Guiness record that doesn't add up. After all, they did not actually pay MA 6 million, they paid just one.

Marco has been around forever.. I wouldn't worry (if you are worried). FPC was a wholly owned subsidiary of MA. Marco was the President of it. If SDS has backed out of buying FPC then FPC is back to being a wholly owned subsidiary of MA. Why would that mean Marco is suddenly gone?

Marco has been around forever.. I wouldn't worry (if you are worried). FPC was a wholly owned subsidiary of MA. Marco was the President of it. If SDS has backed out of buying FPC then FPC is back to being a wholly owned subsidiary of MA. Why would that mean Marco is suddenly gone?

People are still allowed to have dreams, no? ;)

Because Kim another MA employee said he was heading up "FPC" and no one from SDS crew got offered a new contract with MA..

I would seriously like some confirmation on it too tho!

actually did anyone heard something from marco this last 6 months?

no

so... What the fuck is happening?

Reactions: das
actually did anyone heard something from marco this last 6 months?

Wait! Shhhhhhhh...... I think I heard something...... :scratch:

marco.gif

Also, where did Hanne go? Is Kim our only information source now?

Drama and gossip
Gossip and conspiracy
Conspiracy and money
Money and drama​

For many years I've read EntropiaForum. There have been many threads about players feeling wrongdoed. Tales of drama in Project Entropia are a plenty. A few I've experienced partly myself. It will be too long to sum it all up, but just to name a few. Scamming and duplicating of high end items like Shadow. Getting stabbed in the back by former socmates. Bothunting with a Fap-bot that hasn't maxed your Modified FAP. Treason during a LandGrab. Leaving the game because of the next mayor fuck-up from MindArk. Getting a PK HoF because worth 1000s of PEDs when PvP-4 had been open for a few hours. Splitting a society in half or merging two together. And so on, and so on.

And all the while there have been complains about MindArk. They are not telling enough. Don't communicate with us, the (paying) players. They are greating a gap between the company and the community and it's growing ever wider.

Now, MindArk, First Planet Calypso Company, SEE a NEVERDIE and more have created the best drama story in the history of Project Entropia. With it, making the huge and solid bridge to span the gap between them and us.
It has it all that we, the players, have created for ourselves over the years. People being sold out to the next company. A mayor split up. People being left in the dark and gutter.

You love it
You hate it
You cry about it
You laugh about it
You see the black hole
You see the bright star​

:whistle::makelove::whistle:

About Marco...gone hopefully, In my case, not missed...

Hanne..welcome back to game....if u like...
(Wouldn't be surpriced if u find something better to do)

Because Kim another MA employee said he was heading up "FPC" and no one from SDS crew got offered a new contract with MA..

I would seriously like some confirmation on it too tho!

It's also possible that the purchase from MA only included the Planet Calypso systems while employees were hired away into the new company, leaving the "old" fpc an empty org chart that MA deactivated. If the deal went belly up, MA could take the gaming system back, and the old employees would be left behind on the SDS doorstep.

Of course, it' all speculation. *shrug*

Marco was one of the key initiators (back in beta) and had many big dreams for EU, I'm pretty sure this is one of the most important things in his career- Like him or not, he pushed to see the vision and kept things dynamic. You could hear it in his voice how dedicated he was and while we may not have agreed with everything that has transpired, I have to say thank you Marco for continuing to keep pushing the project :) We have come along way from "can you have Tommie or Crystal reboot THE DB server" every 10 minutes, its still not 1005 stable but its matured a great deal (a lot due to Marco pushing). Obviously, nobody likes the low returns but I still enjoy the game when I have time to play...
I seriously doubt he is gone, this is really his baby!

Marco was one of the key initiators (back in beta) and had many big dreams for EU, I'm pretty sure this is one of the most important things in his career- Like him or not, he pushed to see the vision and kept things dynamic. You could hear it in his voice how dedicated he was and while we may not have agreed with everything that has transpired, I have to say thank you Marco for continuing to keep pushing the project :) We have come along way from "can you have Tommie or Crystal reboot THE DB server" every 10 minutes, its still not 1005 stable but its matured a great deal (a lot due to Marco pushing). Obviously, nobody likes the low returns but I still enjoy the game when I have time to play...
I seriously doubt he is gone, this is really his baby!

An odd twist of fate. From working on a MMO to heading the development of a MMO (FPC) to overseeing several MMO (SDS) to being out of a job. Well, maybe out of a job.

If there is a bright side I'd say not having to develop Planet Michael is it. At least it would be for me.

I read many posts about whether Marco is gone or stayed within Mindark. About people from SDS that were fired, I do not quite understand. A company is formed to improve the economy and profit for them. . But we've only seen decreased of players since the implementation of CryEngine 2. (FPC or SDS) Then, if Mindark decide to make changes, including no longer having Hanne, Pioneer or even Marco, they will have their reasons.

I hope Mindark can implement creative and new ideas (not only new graphics), that allow to revive the game and to increase the number of active customers. The decision about what staff is needed for that; depends only from Mindark and not from any of us.

Last edited:
What happened to that "Ask Marco" webpage? That was hilarious.

with NDA Marco may not be able to comeback as i think ALL of the FPC/SDS crew are screwed that they can't even work with ANYONE doing anything Entropia Universe Related.

Marco has some other projects going though i think.

What i find interessing is , over the time , the insane number of strange bad compagny MA managed to make business with...It seems , as soon as MA make a contract with a compagny , things will go fubar...
Does MA have a black eye and make compagnie go fubar , or does MA just manage to sign with desepered ready to close drama compagnie....

I am wondering...

havent heard a single word from our legendary marco since january !!

Where is he??????????????

xD looking for his Ferrari ?

It wasent SDS that bought FPC it was SEE virtual worlds and they changed name on FPC to SDS and thats how MA has nothing to do with the former FPC employees, if MA want they could probably offer jobs to those they want to work for them or maybe MA has realised that they have as many employees that this "game" can pay for right now.

Status
Back