Is there a way?

Shew is really out in the blue.

I did read all posts in this thread and everyone tryed to tell there honest opinion, when Shew didn't get the support he thought he would get he gets angry. Very childish in my point of view. I understand how you feel when you roam the same spot for hours and then someone comes in there, but hey, it's not your ground. Maybe the best would be if you did by an estate and a private crafting machine. Then you could stay in your private little universe without having to meet anyone.

I understand if you gets angry when someone drags a mob train on you, but how often those that happen? Try to see the world and people around you with a smile on your lips, try for once to read the sentencs you see in your chat window whit a bit of humor.

My two pennies worth (after a week ingame).

Of the people I have met most have been kind and helpful. One or two have been rude (read having different standards to me and do things differently) and only one has been bad. Like life, smile at the people and most will smile back. Ingnore those that don't.

My main occupation now is sweating. Occasionally a player will come charging into the area where I am and disrupts my flow and aggravates the mobs. I either move a little aside or go elsewhere. There is loads to see and, anyway that player will proably be moving onto a new area soon.

Am I hostile now?

yeah, you're kind of going down that path. anyway, relax. you'll feel better.

to address your point, I do understand your frustration. I prefer to have nobody around when I'm working. other people tend to disrupt my concentration and most people's playing style interferes with mine.

that said, it doesn't mean I mind people entering my radar. most people, will keep their distance naturally. as it has been pointed out, I really wouldn't worry about it until they've entered the inner radar ring. when someone does that, I usually just stop what I'm doing (or finish it, as approprate) and look to see who it is. as to me it's reflex, I almost always scan them.

some people are just curious and want to see what you might be doing. sometimes, you'll have a short conversation. sometimes, the person is an idiot and wants something from you and might retaliate when denied. it is just how it is.

if I understand you correctly, when a green dot enters your radar, you issue the following warning:

"plz don't come closer as not to agro area, thx."

if it was me who entered your radar and you made such a request in that manner whilst gathering sweat, I would think the following (no offense intended, this is just how it would look to me):

your inability to spell properly would make me believe you were rather young. (use of "plz", "thx"). although, this is a bias of mine, it is still the way I think.

your use of the pseudo-word "agro" as a verb (when you mean aggravate - also "agro" would have two "g"s being supposedly derived from "aggressive"), would re-enforce my concept of you being young and part of some MMORPG subculture where all the kwel ppl wrt n k0d3z.

having you worry about my presence, at a distance, whilst you are engaged in sweat gathering would indicate to me that you were inexperienced but thought you knew more that you did. having poor statstics would add to this assessment.

so, my biases combined with your behaviour would cause me to conclude you were possibly one of the aggressive, oboxious, wannabes who plague the lands. basically, I'd think you were the person you are complaining about.

personally, I wouldn't do anything to disturb you. I would likely scan you, though. if you were in a field of animals and I was interested in some of them, I would approach. likewise, if you were on my mining vector.

if you persisted in your warnings, I would likely just ignore them. I might ask you to relax and go back to your sweating. if you became more aggressive, I would ignore you, prepare for the worst, and continue what I was doing. if you were civil, we could have a little chat for a while and then I'd be on my way.

In my initial post, I put "I usually go way out from cities to get away from people so I can sweat without having mobs agro all of the time. If someone comes on radar and starts to approach I simply ask "plz do not come closer as not to agro area, thx." For the most part people are considerate and go around, as do I when I come across others."

Or as I put in another reponse, "Like I said, if someone comes on radar and continues to approach, I ask "plz don't come closer as not to agro area, thx.""

Let me translate.
IF SOMEONE CONTINUES TO COME TOWARDS ME
PERSON CLOSES THE GAP BETWEEN THEM MOVING ME, AND ME STATIONARY
THEM IN MOTION, ME NOT

It doesn't matter how many posts a person has done, how long they've been around this particular game, an idiot is an idiot no matter what.

Have you ever considered that some of those "idiots" might not understand English? Many people in Entropia only know enough English to be able to use the game interface, so if they saw "plz do not come closer as not to agro area, thx." they would just ignore it as some writing that they can't understand.

If you still feel that they are idiots for not knowing English, then I would suggest that you should perhaps repeat your instruction in their language instead. ;)

It doesn't matter how many posts a person has done, how long they've been around this particular game, an idiot is an idiot no matter what.

This is very telling indeed. Especially when an idiot has some sense of entitlement.

Just like in real life :scratch2:

Let me reiterate for the last time.

I do not issue the request at the mere showing of a dot on my radar. I have said many times in this very thread, that if they continue to approach, as in are coming directly at me, not staying out of their inner circle range, which would agro (AGGRO for you anal types) what I’m working towards them, and any mob train that may be following them towards me.

I also mentioned in this very thread that there are 300 plus mobs in any direction of where I am so for hunters, to zone in on where another person may be is just inconsiderate.

For me to assume than any one spot is solely mine is inaccurate. I go far from civilization to limit encounters with people for a reason, to just sit back, chill and do the grind of sweating without having to fend off masses of mobs. One thing I do is, I do respect others when they are working an area. Maybe it’s just that I’m more considerate than others perhaps.

I’m sorry that I may not use all the terms accepted by the Entropian Universe Scholar’s Consortium (EUSC), and reduce myself to using plz for please, thx for thank you in the interest of getting a message across faster in less space. I’ll try to refrain from using simple accepted abbreviations of real world words. I wasn’t aware that there are people out there that will go out of their way just to instigate a confrontation just because someone uses words that aren’t to their liking or literary level of standards. By the way (BTW) it is instigating approaching to see what another person does just as if I were to stand in front of you calling you every nasty name in the book spitting on you and anything else to just see what you would do. And someone said I was obsessive? WOW!

In regards to the language barrier and someone perhaps not knowing what I’m saying, this I am well aware of. I’m not able to cover all languages that are currently in game, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, and I’m sure many others that I haven’t seen.

If people would read in-depth prior to getting all worked up before responding (yes I too do this at times when frustrated), they would see what I was addressing is the people bent on ruining the fun of others. Not about the people that may just be oblivious to what I’m saying or what is going on. From what I’ve seen by responses to this thread there are the very types of people in this forum that are bent on pissing others off, just because someone asks for some variance, just because they don’t like the words they uses, and some, that’s just the way they get their rocks off. And it is that which is unsettling.

I don’t know maybe because it’s a game we should just cast off all restraints and just raise as much hell as we can to other people. It is just a game after all and people should just chill out. Who cares if they are trying to relax in their own little area and are not up to fending of mobs (by the way what is the EUSC literary term for this?). I misjudged and figured that since a RCE that just maybe the crowd would be a bit more mature and considerate than other mmorpgs.

This is very telling indeed. Especially when an idiot has some sense of entitlement.

Which one would that be, the one that's a idiot for asking, or the idiot that doesn't give a shit about showing any consideration for others?

I'm just an idiot for asking for the same consideration I show others.

Golden rule used to be do unto others as you'ed like them to do unto you.

Now, do to others before they can do it to you.

Well I'm still old school in that respect.

Here's an idea. Next time a green dot comes onto your radar, instead of shouting out your warning (which, however you intend it, comes off as pretty aggressive), try saying this instead:

"Hello"

I guarantee you will win more friends and your EU life will be enriched.

I don’t know maybe because it’s a game we should just cast off all restraints and just raise as much hell as we can to other people. It is just a game after all and people should just chill out. Who cares if they are trying to relax in their own little area and are not up to fending of mobs (by the way what is the EUSC literary term for this?). I misjudged and figured that since a RCE that just maybe the crowd would be a bit more mature and considerate than other mmorpgs.

Since you seem so keen on insulting others by stating that they aren't reading your posts, let me reiterate something for you. You are not entitled to your "own little area." People have said this before, but I suppose it hasn't set in with you yet.

I don't want to direct this next part at the threadstarter. I wonder who MA will favor in this situation. Would it be the newcomer sweating or will it be the hunter or miner causing decay (income for MA)? This is not a rhetorical question by the way. I really want to know.

Last edited:
The cost of sweating, on OJ and without focusing is non existant, and gives you skills and free peds. If you die, no real harm done, concerning your ped card.
The other guy aggroed will have decay on his armor and fap... He will laugh a bit, then realize he wasted a few peds while perhaps you gained a few evade points for free....
:kos:

When i used to sweat (ok, i still do it once in a while), i didn't mind to die once in a while as the revival terminal wasn't that far (unlike you did.. remember this is a game with a huge social interaction). When someone brought a huge mob train, that was usually a fun moment, and of course people died, but it was fun to see how we reacted as a group, and how many of us would survive and sweat after the onslaught.

If you tried to get away from the more populated centers to just chillout and relax, then i'm sorry to tell you, but it didn't work!

When I sweat I go to a area far from PA close to feffs and where there are easily over 300 mobs in any direction. I sweat there for the simple fact that I know new people to the game would not survive long so I don't have to worry about their newbieness to cause mob trains.

I know the area you are talking about, and have spent a lot of time hunting there when I get stressed due to the easy mobs and the density (target rich environment). I can tell you're new, as you seem to think newbies cause trains. This is incorrect thinking, as newbies can't outrun mobs long enough to form a train. You must learn to adapt. It took me all of 1 time getting run over by a train there to realize that there really is nothing better than to hijack that train and try to turn it into a nice global.. right in front of the person driving it. So either be willing and able to handle anything the area can throw at you, accept the situation for what it is and carry on, or stay in an area closer to a tp. This is what it is, and there may be many legit reasons for a train to come your way, the first one off the top of my head is, someone on autorun skilling evade that got up to run to the fridge or bathroom.. etc.. etc. This is just as much their game to them as it is yours to you, and nobody has to obey your rules as long as they're obeying MA's rules.

My suggestion to you if you really want to just be alone and work the mobs is find another spot as there really is no such thing in EU as "your own little area". That is a relatively high traffic area actually, due to tp runs to Phoenix and Zychion.

Here's an idea. Next time a green dot comes onto your radar, instead of shouting out your warning (which, however you intend it, comes off as pretty aggressive), try saying this instead:

"Hello"

I guarantee you will win more friends and your EU life will be enriched.

Words for the wise :).

shew,

in your original post you said:

I have reported abusive players [...]

then ask:

[...]is there a way of killing a disrespectful, inconsiderate, hell bent on ruining the fun of others, type of person other than agroing everything in site [...]

which is pretty much, in itself, abuse.

the "disrespectful inconsiderate" you then infer as:

If someone comes on radar and starts to approach

this is why some people are upset with you. as I mentioned, in my post, I wouldn't bother with you unless you lay in my mining vector or there was a specific creature I was after near by. the point I was trying to make, as well as others, is by doing what you are doing and adopting attitude you appear to others to be the very thing you yourself despise.

swearing at people in this forum doesn't help much, either.

By the way (BTW) it is instigating approaching to see what another person does just as if I were to stand in front of you calling you every nasty name in the book spitting on you and anything else to just see what you would do

you are kidding me right? walking up toward someone to look at them is the same swearing at them and spitting on them to you? that's a very perverse view of interpersonal relationships and their protocols.

incidentally, I'll often walk up to someone to see what they're doing and people often do it to me. note that this doesn't mean stand in their face or interfere with what they're doing. usually, it might mean as close at 15 metres or so.

now, frequently, we'll have a polite and civil conversation. sometimes, one of us will learn something important. strange how that works.

as with many things, approach is important. this is some good advice that's worth repeating:

try saying this instead:

"Hello"

oh yeah, and since you asked:

[...]mobs[...]

the term you're looking for is creature or animal - whichever is more appropriate in the given situtation.

when I first started playing this game (it is the only game of this type I've ever played), I had no idea what people wher talking about when they were saying mob this and mob that. a mob, to me, is something very specific. I asked a technical person I knew and they told me that MOb (note the spelling) was an acronym for "mobile object" and is a computer animation programming term refering to any container of polygons which is not static (which is to say moves) upon the graphics canvas. in this context, MObs within EU are more than just the animals and other creatures. they are the player avatars, the moving branches on the trees, the clouds moving across the sky, or anything else which is not expressed as a fixed position set of polygons.

Golden rule used to be do unto others as you'ed like them to do unto you.
Yes, do unto others as you'd like them to do unto you
NOT "Do unto others as you insist they do unto you"
Sure it would be nice if they acceeded to your request but hey, it's not the end of the world if their fun isn't your fun :wtg:
Chill ;)

in this context, MObs within EU are more than just the animals and other creatures. they are the player avatars, the moving branches on the trees, the clouds moving across the sky, or anything else which is not expressed as a fixed position set of polygons.

Though to most of the rest of us a mob is just a name for the computer controlled creatures and bots that you can sweat, hunt or fight with. :D

" do unto others as I insist as they do to me?"

Gee I didn't know asking was insisting.

Ok it's all my bad, I think I have a good grasp on the people that have a voice as to what the rules are of this game.

Means, when someone wants to be just left alone, is trying to train an animal, do whatever, doesn't matter if they ask or not, this is as much my world as it is theirs and I can just do what I want. After all to summize what many are ragging on me for is just wanting some space and ASKING NICELY for it. That is not insisting.

Others have compared this to real life, well I too do. And I take the way I am in life as far as treating people fairly in to the game as well.

The way many have responded, it would be in life if you were in a public park and just wanted to be alone, you had no right to tell people that wanted to keep coming up to you to just leave you alone. Am I correct in that assumption? It's a stretch, but in line with that way of thinking.

Hey fine, I'll stop asking, I'll stop being concerned with pulling trains by other people, heck that'll save me time when i'm out running. A straight line is always quicker.

I have no hard feelings, I'll just not be concerned with offending anyone in game ever again since it's apparent to even consider asking people is actually more of an offense.

out-

I have just finished reading this post and must state that there is some very good advice in here.

Shrew, I am amazed that you ask people to leave your area! I have never even thought of doing this because I the way I figure it, this game is everyones game and we all have equal rights. It seems to me that while you say that you ASK them to leave, you actually EXPECT them to leave. If you ask something of someone, you have to be prepared for whatever outcome of what you have asked them. Just because you ask something of someone, doesn't mean that they have to do it.

In my experience, I have found that most people in this game are polite and friendly and are willing to work in with each other. As others have said, try being friendly.

It sounds like you don't want to see this situation from another point of view. Let go of the bitterness and get on with life! Life is way too short to waste on all your aggression. Try thinking happy thoughts for a change.:)

Shew, you said this in your very first post.

Apart from getting them to admit they like to screw with people, and get a screen shot of them doing so, not much else can be done.

The problem came about when you were asking us (EF community) for ways to exact vengeance on them. The thread then snowballed from the very first reply. It now seems like you're implying that everyone and their mother are doing what they can to make your in game life hell. You even implicated some of the players here just because they have a different point of view.

So to answer your original question I refer you back to your first post.

Apart from getting them to admit they like to screw with people, and get a screen shot of them doing so, not much else can be done.

" do unto others as I insist as they do to me?"

Gee I didn't know asking was insisting.

Ok it's all my bad, I think I have a good grasp on the people that have a voice as to what the rules are of this game.

Means, when someone wants to be just left alone, is trying to train an animal, do whatever, doesn't matter if they ask or not, this is as much my world as it is theirs and I can just do what I want. After all to summize what many are ragging on me for is just wanting some space and ASKING NICELY for it. That is not insisting.

Others have compared this to real life, well I too do. And I take the way I am in life as far as treating people fairly in to the game as well.

The way many have responded, it would be in life if you were in a public park and just wanted to be alone, you had no right to tell people that wanted to keep coming up to you to just leave you alone. Am I correct in that assumption? It's a stretch, but in line with that way of thinking.

Hey fine, I'll stop asking, I'll stop being concerned with pulling trains by other people, heck that'll save me time when i'm out running. A straight line is always quicker.

I have no hard feelings, I'll just not be concerned with offending anyone in game ever again since it's apparent to even consider asking people is actually more of an offense.

out-

Congratulations, you have acquired a new skill; Dummy Grenadier!

t

here is another take on it based on my experiences.

regardless of my desire to be run over by monsters it happens. mostly if i see someone on my radar (outside of the inner ring) i don't even blink. if they begin to approach with a train of monsters i move aside. if they approach without a monsters trailing and it seems they are intent on coming closer i stop what i am doing and observe them. more than likely they are just passing through. i might say 'hi' i might not, but mostly i let them pass.

here is an example something it think you might understand. a few months into my EU career, i was up hunting cornucauduas north of fort argus as many other newer players tend to do. i was able to kill one or two at a time and enjoying it. now i am aware of the traffic this area brings so i was staying away from people. i spied a nice looking monster, shot it once, then was hit by a mob train chasing a guy. he ran rigth into me and got them all to attack me. i killed all of them and didn't get any loot from all 5. he went on to kill that 1st monster i shot once and got a 750 ped global. when i called him a jerk for doing what he did, he replied he (finally) he was unable to understand, he was french. so my rage was useless, and i went about my business elsewhere.

another time recently i was at the swamp camp sweating when some yahoos ran a few (several) mobs at me, that i ended up killing and then making a small train to take them out. now that is worthwhile revenge :)

edit- from another thread on a different topic, but the statement applies.

I got a look 1st hand at Chainsawwwwwws mentality when i was out hunting one day.

She ran mobs at me for quite awhile i asked her to stop and the reply i got was "This is my place and your killing MY mobs,go away or i will keep doing it" or words similar.

Sad but true,you have to have an arsehole or 2 in EU to be able to appreciate the nice people. :laugh:

SO with that in mind, like i said earlier, saying nothing and letting them pass will probally result in fewer altercations. the ones that you do end up with would be the inevitable ones. i know it sucks, but you will have to deal with griefing from time to time. but wanting to exact revenge is bad if not worse than the original griefing.

also, and this sucks as well, some people LOVE to bother sweaters. period. they may veiw what you do draining on the game, a waste of resources, an excuse to mess with a 'noob', etc. just like some people in real life can not go a day without messing with people in what they might consider a lower end job, some people feel the need to screw with sweaters.

Last edited:
well im have to agree with others

you can always expect others to just do what you 'tell' them.

with an attitude like..'STAY AWAY!!11!!!' i would probably very likely totally ignore you (depends on my mood too) :p

im hunting daikibas atm so i see in my one spot quite some people sweaters and newbies with opalos :p

my best bet is adapt,find your own way ..thats probably the best advice

reporting people for harassment will probably just lead to your support case hanging on the MA refrigerator for a daily laugh :D

Reactions: dj.
@EarlVonKippler

Good post! You at least are able to comprehend what is being said and have similar experiences. That is why I've tried to just get way out in the middle of no where to find good sweating with less likelihood of issues.

@ others,

I'm not claiming the area is mine, or even insisting as some have said that the mere point of asking implies.

Let me ask you a question. When you ask someone to please hand you the milk or bread, do you not expect them to do it? As some put it in this thread the mere fact of asking is insisting. Remember that next time you ask a family member or friend for something. That is absolutely rediculous.

As part of a civil society, we all expect people to do something when we ask as long as it's not unrealistic. The difference between a civil society and one of anarchy is whether or not we show some respect and consideration for those around us. How a person acts is part of his character, and that character is who he/she may be in real life, or a game.

I don't think it unrealistic to ask someone in game not to bring mobs that may be after them, or to disrupt a mob I may be working, espescially as big as the in game world is and wide spread the mobs are. I could care less if they are on the scope, and I have had hunters say no prob and just work and kill all around me keeping agro distance between us (that is askilled player that is able to do that, and a great person to say the least). If this is wrong perhaps I need to remember that next time I'm fishing, that I have no right to think that another boater cannot come right up to my boat, neglecting my fishing lines, just because it's a public lake. Remember this game is a real cash economy. It cost me real money to kill off mobs (many with no loot) that others knowingly (yes some are innocent) train on me. It is that fact that this game is a real cash economy that I do feel I have a right to expect some personal space, knowing that I too must show some leeway to others, just as in out hunting, it's common courtesy not to shoot what another may already be shooting.

Now to be at the oil rig and to ask others not to come in your little space is absurd. That is a pvp and free for all area. A person has to expect going in areas like that, that is part of the atmosphere just like going to the beach or pool, you're going to get wet.

I admit the asking of a way to deal with the types of people (John Lock Stock- yes some say no names, but I have heard others having issues with this person) besides the mob train. Having a deterrent would have him or others liket hat think twice before constantly seeking a person out for the sole purpose of getting their fun at the expense of others. That is what I was looking for, not to go out abusing others, as I'm sure some would do if that were possible, but then comes in the ability of MAD mutual assured destruction. Some say that doens't work, but here in the states where there are open carry laws for firearms, they have the lowest crime rates around. This is as because people with intent to try and do something illegal such as hold up a store or bank, well lets just say they will be surely out gunned and therefore choose those areas with less risk.

lol, i never tried selling sweat in RL ;)

wow....
hunny- you're really missing out
theres nothing better then to pass away a sunday evening by sitting on your sofa, and trying to concentrate and meditate on your cat, seeing the trace of a greenish glow comming from your hands, the cat giving you two bottles of sweat, then shortly thereafter infliction 12.6 points of damage.

My point, CONSIDERATION! Which it seems is not part of your vocabulary.

Thank you, and you know me do you?
One word for you then is Tolerence, I refrain from using upper case unlike you. :rolleyes:

yes it is an online universe and it is pretty damn evident that you think you own it. I at least ASK, and DO NOT ASSUME for the area.

It is evident that I own it?
On what evidence do you presume this?
Do you at this point, even think about what you are typing? :scratch2:

People like you are pretty damn arrogant to rip on someone that at least is asking people to keep some distance.

I rip on people, do I?
Again, on what basis do you assume this, and I can promise you, you are wrong.

Unlike you I just DON'T STORM IN LIKE THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME!

Unlike me?
K, who worships me? Really you guys, I had no idea! :laugh:

Pretty evident of the masses of this forum. Yes some good ones, but what I see the most vocal are the radical self absorbed dip shits!

Sorry? I am the most ‘vocal’?
You assume this? So assume I am a dipshit.
Oh dear, you truly are an idiot, based on this nonsense post. :eek:
Your neg rep to me also contained swearing and insults,
and you start your O.P with saying you are a father, shame on you. :(

1)You either have issues, BIG ones.
2)are a nut case..
3)OR you are just having a laugh here, role playing at enflaming people.

All 3 meaning the same lol :laugh:

Well I stopped reading the topic due to an overuse of CAPS. You don't need to yell to make your point clear.
- You don't want people around you when sweating.
- You do want some "superpower" when people irritate you

Simply this comes down at a restriction of the basic autorun (stop when green dot on radar) & the free universe (avas can go and stand wherever they want). Also restrict free speech as ppl might get healthbombed otherwise (=fapped?^^).

You are way overreacting about this, if you want open corners there are more then plently and you will have to live with the fact that not every1 will obey to your requests. Even your beloved children.

Am I hostile now?

Yes.
To make things simple to you:

If people get into your radar they are no where near to get your mobs aggro (the few mobs that could get aggro would kill an uber without armor in less than 10 seconds).

So nobody will understand your request and will assume that you are doing something strange and therefore will get curious and get near.

Only at 60 range the ammount of type of mobs increases, and I trully doubt that anybody uses mobs that get aggro on less than 60 range for sweat gathering on a regular basis.

So if you don't want people to get near don't say anything, if they say hi, say hi back.

Be polite to their chat and if by any chance their action is disturbing your activities if they are nice they will show you alternatives.

If you can't I have all the right to doubt your matureness and probably you will be judge as just one more spoiled teen.

I can only imagine one valid reason to be sweat gathering alone and how the presence of another person may disturb that strategy;
I have collected over 2000 Sweats of 1 single mob and nobody really disturb me in that process that took me many hours, several people during that time near me and in no circunstance I saw a reason to get upset with their actions.
I even one time asked a disciple to join me to see if he prefered my method.

The truth is in his opinion it was easier and more fun to collect the sweats from the ambulimax (I personally don't like it).

To finilize, read the thread from the start and assume that your posts weren't written by you but instead by someone that just joined a game that is hard to understand but that you've mastered and that the replies were written by people that you were used to read balanced opinions on their posts to which you usually agree.

If you can't understand that you have been very aggressive I assure you that EU and its forums will be a very interesting experience if you still have the ability to change your opinions when faced with better arguments,
(because it may show how to become a better person)
if not then I don't believe that you can find here either sucess nor satisfaction (unless you take pleasure on hurting others).

I haven't met too many assholes. Only one 2 weeks ago that tried to scam me. He was actually nice at first, but after he realized he wont fool with me he just wrote: Fuck You :)

But he was the only one I guess :rolleyes:

That is why I've tried to just get way out in the middle of no where to find good sweating with less likelihood of issues.

If you are on Eudoria continent, then you are unlikely to be in the middle of nowhere. Almost every part of the continent is heavily trafficked, especially the areas close to Port Atlantis. If you really want to be isolated, the vast expanse of Amethera can offer you a much quieter time.

Let me ask you a question. When you ask someone to please hand you the milk or bread, do you not expect them to do it? As some put it in this thread the mere fact of asking is insisting. Remember that next time you ask a family member or friend for something. That is absolutely rediculous.

That is a bit of a poor analogy. What you are asking people to do equates more to standing in the middle of a road and asking all other travelers to go down a side road to get past you. Some people are willing to do that and even do that automatically, but for those that don't for whatever reason, you have repeatedly called them "idiots."

As part of a civil society, we all expect people to do something when we ask as long as it's not unrealistic. The difference between a civil society and one of anarchy is whether or not we show some respect and consideration for those around us. How a person acts is part of his character, and that character is who he/she may be in real life, or a game.

Respect is good, as most people have agreed on this thread. What seems to be the contention is whether your attitude of disrespecting others as "idiots" and wanting the ability to exact vengeance upon them really fits with your own attitude of desiring respect. Respecting others in turn encourages others to respect you.

There are indeed some people with bad attitudes, I myself have been gunned down in a PvP area while I was minding my own business and running through the wilderness of Amethera. Having your personal game style interrupted can be irritating, but it is a fact of the Entropia life; you can either accept that some people will annoy you sometimes or you can wallow in insatiable anger.

I don't think it unrealistic to ask someone in game not to bring mobs that may be after them, or to disrupt a mob I may be working, espescially as big as the in game world is and wide spread the mobs are.

It is indeed bad form to intentionally drag a mob train down on somebody else. But again, this is sometimes a question of whether the action was intentional or not. If someone is on autorun they may not even realise that they are leading a mob train.

As for disrupting a mob this is purely a question of how the AI works. You cannot forbid someone from entering aggro-range of the mob you are dealing with, especially if the person is too far away to see what type of mob it is. Different mobs and maturities have varying aggro ranges, and will likely be affected by the other avatar long before they are close enough to see the mob clearly. The only way to avoid your mob being influenced by another avatar is to find a lonely outpost on Eudoria or Amethera and use that as your base of operations.

I could care less if they are on the scope, and I have had hunters say no prob and just work and kill all around me keeping agro distance between us (that is askilled player that is able to do that, and a great person to say the least).

It is good when you can come to an amicable arrangement, but again from your repeated posts, you have said that you assume that anyone who doesn't accede to your requests is an idiot. This may not have been your intended meaning, but that is how your posts are being read by the majority of people here. (Before you throw out another comment that people should read your posts more carefully, you may want to consider the idea that if 99% of readers interpret a message the wrong way, then perhaps the message needs to be rewritten and not reread).

If this is wrong perhaps I need to remember that next time I'm fishing, that I have no right to think that another boater cannot come right up to my boat, neglecting my fishing lines, just because it's a public lake. Remember this game is a real cash economy. It cost me real money to kill off mobs (many with no loot) that others knowingly (yes some are innocent) train on me. It is that fact that this game is a real cash economy that I do feel I have a right to expect some personal space, knowing that I too must show some leeway to others, just as in out hunting, it's common courtesy not to shoot what another may already be shooting.

Again, it is good that you acknowledge that some leeway is required from yourself in playing Entropia. Your previous posts have mostly focussed on how others should be considerate of your situation, so some consideration of why others are running close to you may be required also.

Now to be at the oil rig and to ask others not to come in your little space is absurd. That is a pvp and free for all area. A person has to expect going in areas like that, that is part of the atmosphere just like going to the beach or pool, you're going to get wet.

Actually, that philosophy extends to the whole of Entropia. The whole game is a free for all area. There are some common courtesies that most people follow, but if you are going to play in a MMO swimming pool then you are going to get wet there also.

I admit the asking of a way to deal with the types of people (John Lock Stock- yes some say no names, but I have heard others having issues with this person) besides the mob train. Having a deterrent would have him or others liket hat think twice before constantly seeking a person out for the sole purpose of getting their fun at the expense of others. That is what I was looking for, not to go out abusing others, as I'm sure some would do if that were possible, but then comes in the ability of MAD mutual assured destruction.

The concept of mutually assured destruction would only work if everyone was equal, the ability to dish out punishment was equal, and no one gained enjoyment from dishing out punishment. Sadly while real world analogies are all well and good, this is a virtual universe/online game where real world consequences are much more remote. If someone wants to kill you in real life then they must consider the potential that they will lose and die or be punished with imprisonment. In Entropia death is an ephemeral concept. One bit of fun, a short retaliation and the perpetrator is back among the living within less than a minute.

Also, any method of vengeance attacks introduced into Entropia will have some element of real cash cost to them. Therefore you will find that most people who use these cool new attacks will be the existing PvP players and all you will have done is extend their PvP playground.

Some say that doens't work, but here in the states where there are open carry laws for firearms, they have the lowest crime rates around. This is as because people with intent to try and do something illegal such as hold up a store or bank, well lets just say they will be surely out gunned and therefore choose those areas with less risk.

The two paragraphs above should answer this point. I am not going to respond to it here because it skirts a little too close to Forum Rule # 16.

You lost me the minute you started with name calling and caps...that's rude in itself.

You seem to have got on the wrong side of nearly everyone posting here, who may have been sympathetic and/or helpful now too.

We all have situations like yours happen from time to time, we shrug it off, or if serious enough leave the area or exact some revenge. Mostly the former as the latter is pointless.

I think you should invite these folk on the Jeremy Kyle Show and sort if out there. I await the show entitled "I want my sweaty Dakiba back!" with interest.

t

yes it is an online universe and it is pretty damn evident that you think you own it.

It is evident that I own it?

Headeline News
GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN--(Marketwire - September 18, 2007) - Entropia Universe, the leading virtual worlds platform for interactive entertainment, community building and e-commerce using a real cash economy, boasts the Most Valuable Virtual Items and Real Estate of all the virtual worlds. The new 2008 Guinness World Records book features the universe bought for $ zillion USD by famous gamer dj as "The Most Expensive Virtual Object."

I knew it! :yay:

Back