Question: Is this an exploit: Running away from dry mobs to get them off radar so that you can come back and sweat them again.

What do you think?

• No, this is not an exploit.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Probably not an exploit, I wouldn't worry about getting in trouble.

Votes: 26 13.4%
  • Might be an exploit, I wouldn't do it.

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Yes, it's an exploit for sure.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I don't know, don't care or just want EFD

Votes: 36 18.6%

• Total voters
Status

CyberPunk

Stalker
William Cyber Punk
Upon replying to https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/sweating/157286-very-good-sweater.html, I mentioned how you can run from a mob until it is off your radar then come back to it to find that it has a full amount of sweat again.

I didn't view this as an exploit, it seemed to me the developers designed the game to work this way. There's a few reasons why I don't think this is an exploit:
  1. If you run away from a mob, until it's off radar, you've legitamitly lost agro
  2. It's the same as just running away from it to lose agro, then selecting a different mob.
  3. If it was left dry then the next person who came across it would get the "dry" message, that doesn't seem right.
  4. Sweat is product of living creatures, since the creatures aren't dead, they can make more sweat even if at one time they had none.
  5. Up until today I hadn't heard anyone refer to this as an exploit.

I"m not bothering support about this as I am quite sure it's not an exploit, if anyone wants to trouble them though, please share their response.

The first one.. I'm a newbie I can't kill a mob, so I need that after a while they will be recharged.. to change mob is not so easy because they are faster than me..

I think the mob "resets" to a default state when it's off the radar for everyone (except for health).

Doubt you can call it an exploit.

Nope, I can't think of any reason to consider it an exploit. It takes less time to move to the nearest mob that isn't dry, I don't see any reason to try to sweat like this - just seems like wasted effort to me.

Upon replying to https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/sweating/157286-very-good-sweater.html, I mentioned how you can run from a mob until it is off your radar then come back to it to find that it has a full amount of sweat again.

I didn't view this as an exploit, it seemed to me the developers designed the game to work this way. There's a few reasons why I don't think this is an exploit:
  1. If you run away from a mob, until it's off radar, you've legitamitly lost agro
  2. It's the same as just running away from it to lose agro, then selecting a different mob.
  3. If it was left dry then the next person who came across it would get the "dry" message, that doesn't seem right.
  4. Sweat is product of living creatures, since the creatures aren't dead, they can make more sweat even if at one time they had none.
  5. Up until today I hadn't heard anyone refer to this as an exploit.

I"m not bothering support about this as I am quite sure it's not an exploit, if anyone wants to trouble them though, please share their response.

It used to be like this ages ago..
then there was a sweat farm stuffed with animals, you sweat like 3 tries orso and then ran of to come back again =) It's not n exploid it's called, working for your peds

A long time ago I noticed that mobs regain a pull back after a while just like health points but slower. Way slower. No idea what mob it was but back in the days I had written down how many pulls I can get from one mob maturity. Let's say it was a Daiki Young which I think allows two pulls. One day I got three out of one... :scratch2: It was probably like a pull on the first try without aggroing it, then some chatting (i.e. time passed), then continue sweating. It were three pulls of the same mob as I used to keep the loot window open for one mob. And I can count to three ;).

I didn't use one of the run away or dying techniques. It just happened.

I can't say if that's still the case but that's what I experienced, dunno, like two years ago or something.

And on the other hand I don't get the sense in running away and back to make the mob fully wet again. I mean if I dry a mob, run away and somebody else starts sweating it, wouldn't that mean that it's wet again, too? :scratch2: Now if I'd run back to the mob would I be able to sweat while the other avi still couldn't???

Now to me, that would be a bug.

omg, the exploit police again... :rolleyes:

And FYI: It can't be an exploit - it prevents you from trying to sweat a mob only to find it has been dried out by someone else already long ago.

There is no difference in "running to find a new mob" and "running there and back again"

it's not an exploit as far as I can tell...

I'd say it's not an exploit, and if it is... well.. just about every "feature" in the game can be considered an exploit depending on who you are talking to. L weapons are an exploit to old school weapon holders. Unlimited L weapons are an exploit to those that have L weapons. L armor is an exploit to normal unlimited armor holders. Trading at the TPs is an exploit to shop owners. Shops are an exploit to the auction sellers... everything in the game is an exploit to those that first played it when it first came out before a lot of new "features" came in to existence... and the biggest epxloit of all is the great community that we have were we can openly talk about this stuff here on entropiaforum, lol. ;)

As long as you follow the games rules it's not an exploit, and this is clearly following the rules. So until MA says it's an exploit or patch it no exploit.

Seems most of us are on the same page about this.

I was getting flamed in the other thread for bringing this tactic up, guess I can just ignore him, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Seems most of us are on the same page about this.

I was getting flamed in the other thread for bringing this tactic up, guess I can just ignore him, we're all entitled to our opinions.

It's hardly fair to say I was flaming you. You brought it up as part of the discussion and I gave you my opinion.

The point is not so much that running off radar and back is an exploit, but that there is a particular way to use the same technique (that I don't want to reveal here) which does give an advantage and which I would certainly consider an exploit (and which hasn't been fixed to my knowledge).

I realise I'm being rather vague about what I've said here and in the other thread, but that's because I don't wish to publicise the (real) exploit.

It's hardly fair to say I was flaming you. You brought it up as part of the discussion and I gave you my opinion.

The point is not so much that running off radar and back is an exploit, but that there is a particular way to use the same technique (that I don't want to reveal here) which does give an advantage and which I would certainly consider an exploit (and which hasn't been fixed to my knowledge).

I realise I'm being rather vague about what I've said here and in the other thread, but that's because I don't wish to publicise the (real) exploit.

I wasn't aware of that, in which case I'm now sorry I even brought it up.

What I considered to be flaming:
They are both exploits, and I'm rather shocked to find out that you use the radar exploit after all the stuff you've said about the guys at the server border. I consider that massively hypocritical.

I didn't even say I was using it, all I did was bring it up.

I don't wish to make an enemy of you, just calling it how I see it.

well shurely it sweated because of the running after you.

it's crule to the mob to keep tunting it liek that imo but i wouldent see it as an exploit , it's not like the server limit bug.

I didn't even say I was using it, all I did was bring it up.

I don't wish to make an enemy of you, just calling it how I see it.

Well I guess you took it the wrong way, I didn't mean any offence. I was just surprised and disappointed to hear that you would do it, which you don't, so I am no longer surprised and disappointed :D

Good, glad we're seeing eye to eye now :)

Being called extremely hipocritical, for something I wasn't doing and also didn't see a problem with doing, offended the hell outta me :laugh:

I'm not offended now though, simple misunderstanding :yay:

I don't think it is... because I mean, there are always mobs to be sweated, but sometimes you've found a nice spot with only a few mobs that aren't really attacking you, so you don't want to move, but when they are all dry... what do you do...
Run away and come back... it's the logical thing to do :D

hahah lol you shouldnt have told them Cyberpunk lol

Now all the server border exploiters are going to abuse report you lol

huhuhuh maybe it is a form of exploit, but not punishble yet I think .. someday it will be ....

Why you do not a support case and ask MA? then you be sure what is it;)

I can't believe there are so many members of the sweat police. Who cares. It's free anyway ffs.

Well I guess you took it the wrong way, I didn't mean any offence. I was just surprised and disappointed to hear that you would do it, which you don't, so I am no longer surprised and disappointed :D

Good, glad we're seeing eye to eye now :)

I'm not offended now though, simple misunderstanding :yay:

Now why can't all problems be sorted out like this?
Nice to see some adult behaviour here :)

Edit: wtf?? the dictionary can't spell 'behaviour' properly.

Not an exploit.

Relogging to resweat the mob may be quicker though if the mob is not very slow or very powerful.

But that will increase decay on our golden security card :)))))))))))))))))))))))

lololoolol

hmm or maybe it is still eco ?

Does not make sweating sense to run 400 m (200 x 2) just to get a wet mob, unless ofc its the ONLY mob around! ;)

I dont think its an exploit. The mob regenerated sweat chasing the offending sweater and just could not catch him.

I think the Thorio should be a highly sweated mob as they often stand over yer dead body with a huge Whew! as tho their fat asses are to far outta shape to be doing such exercise. Once they run outta stamina I think they should be sweatable for a short time as they are dripping with sweat. Sorta like a bonus for being able to out run them.

I dont think its an exploit. The mob regenerated sweat chasing the offending sweater and just could not catch him.

I think the Thorio should be a highly sweated mob as they often stand over yer dead body with a huge Whew! as tho their fat asses are to far outta shape to be doing such exercise. Once they run outta stamina I think they should be sweatable for a short time as they are dripping with sweat. Sorta like a bonus for being able to out run them.

I think you'll find they actually sneeze :laugh:

One of the funniest moments ingame was where i got mobbed by a pack of thorio. After I died, they stood over my corpse and all sneezed

LOL do u still sweat :scratch2:

jokes ;) apart from all the skills ill never get & just would rather watch grass grow plus its worth nothing now which is still alot more less then the nothing it was worth when i 1st started playing

But hey if oleg spills the beans on this exploit we all might do it again lol:wtg:

Best thing to do is to ask support first, I did that about a similar scenario,
and the answer I got was, as long as we don't use a software we are on
the safe side... ;)

And this is different from normal sweating how? :scratch2:
well except then in normal sweating you go to the next mob if one runs dry, which involves less running ofc
And how would one do this with mobs that aggro a bit? (or their any other)

Status
Back