Item-upgrade paths for a select few weapon amplifiers

If they would follow that thinking they would left out 204 also...
Best option was to do 105, 106 and 204 + BLP ;)

Including the already superiour blp amps would be utterly stupid.

Just now, ingame:
Billy TheJackal Monstein has found a rare item (Modified Fi/Ra/Co Cause Blueprint (L)) with a value of 19 PEC! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.
Billy TheJackal Monstein is the first colonist to discover Modified Fi/Ra/Co Cause Blueprint (L)! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

At first it looks like a downgrade to me.

But if it has more DMG, then the amp does more % of the total weapon+amp damage on the same gun, so it is possible that in cases very close to ideal (amp doing 1/3 of the total dmg) the lower amp eco will not necessarily mean lower total eco.

Waiting for all detailed data.

Generally true, but in this case (for Angel), it's for an AIMK2, which is more eco than the A-series amps. Amping imk2s reduces eco. :eyecrazy:

Anyway, he obviously felt it was worth a small loss in economy for the greater damage.

Generally true, but in this case (for Angel), it's for an AIMK2, which is more eco than the A-series amps. Amping imk2s reduces eco. :eyecrazy:

Anyway, he obviously felt it was worth a small loss in economy for the greater damage.

I guess that assumes you only have one amp.

If it were me and I had those resources, I think it would make sense to have the upgraded damage one for events, and a regular one for eco, or the upgraded eco option, whatever that is.

This assumes you have more than one amp of course, and I'd wager that's the case for him.

A106 gives 60 A100 parts not 50 btw.

The parts are the same as the full TT of the amps by what i've seen
Looking forward to see what the eco specs on the new amps are

A106 gives 60 A100 parts not 50 btw.

The parts are the same as the full TT of the amps by what i've seen
Looking forward to see what the eco specs on the new amps are

Ditto .............

the only idea behind that is to remove all a105 and a204 amps and a handfull ueber gamers with again a ueber gear thats all.

A106 missing ? bug , MA did forget , or it is on purpose ? someone did send support case ?

Probably they are still in the loot table.

I think I remember a few being looted from very big robots after the other A10X stop being looted.

So maybe MA hasn't decided yet what to do with them.

Adjusted Fi/Ra/Co Evil Blueprint (L) Nguyen NLNFOREVER Nhung Fri, 21 Jun 2013 05:32:03

BTW the adj A105 has already been created. Stats are as follows:
Damage: 17 (vs 16 for A105)
Decay: 2.476 (vs. 2.470 reported for A105... maybe that should be rechecked)
Ammo: 121
Max tt: 92 (vs 45 for A105, so again we have an amp that lasts at least twice as long as its base model)
DPP: 4.612 (vs 4.611 for A105)

So the adjusted option, as expected, maintains economy while slightly increasing damage.

Thanks to hijacker for adding data to entropedia.

ETA: seems like a pretty huge waste to consume several smaller amps to convert the A105 into an A105/A106 hybrid. I guess in the long term we'll see a dynamic balance in pricing between A105 and A106 based on the cost of the smaller amps to use as raw materials.

The improved A105 is most likely very similar to the A106...

Last edited:
Max tt: 92 (vs 45 for A105, so again we have an amp that lasts at least twice as long as its base model)

So the adjusted option, as expected, maintains economy while slightly increasing damage.

ETA: seems like a pretty huge waste to consume several smaller amps to convert the A105 into an A105/A106 hybrid. I guess in the long term we'll see a dynamic balance in pricing between A105 and A106 based on the cost of the smaller amps to use as raw materials.

Thanks for sharing ... find me Hijacker to +Uber rep him :)

a waste ?
for the cost of the crystal + some lowlevel 103ampparts + 1 105 amp you gte basically 2 105 amps
the increased tt is huge value in my opinion

a waste ?
for the cost of the crystal + some lowlevel 103ampparts + 1 105 amp you gte basically 2 105 amps
the increased tt is huge value in my opinion

I mean it's a waste to eat up several amps to get a slightly improved A105 (at least in terms of damage) compared to buying an A106 instead, hence my comment on the balance that will be reached, but i agree completely with the increased tt part and that has to be factored in. That's why i keep emphasizing the increased tt: a lot of users of A105+ amps keep two so they can do longer hunts, and that will not be necessary with upgraded amps. That makes the overall impact on availability of these amps much less than it would otherwise be, because even if two are used to take both the upgrade steps, one now fills the role of two.

Rechecked with shopkeeper by the right half of my brain: 0.02470 decay on a105

I mean it's a waste to eat up several amps to get a slightly improved A105 (at least in terms of damage) compared to buying an A106 instead, hence my comment on the balance that will be reached, but i agree completely with the increased tt part and that has to be factored in. That's why i keep emphasizing the increased tt: a lot of users of A105+ amps keep two so they can do longer hunts, and that will not be necessary with upgraded amps. That makes the overall impact on availability of these amps much less than it would otherwise be, because even if two are used to take both the upgrade steps, one now fills the role of two.

for the adjusted amp you just need 2 old 103 amps + 1 105 amp...yet you get 2 105 amps back

and if you take the 2 steps to go to improved amp you still only need 1 original 105 amp...or im misreading the message

Soon the game will be 90% (L). They'll do "upgrades" on everything UL oldschool. Stop dropping materials to craft the crafted ones and the looted ones are pretty much all but finished dropping anyway. Before you know it there will be a handful of Imp/Mod Maddox IV, EP-54, EP40, Justifier MK-3, etc, etc, etc. and buying an UL weapon in it's original state will be damn near impossible.

They tested the upgrade system with 5B/6A plates.... 2 plates that were WAY under leveled as it was. System worked. Now they've eaten up all the A102,103,104's on the market. They'll replace those with (L) I'm sure (and at the same eco I'm guessing).

MA don't want UL in game at all. BUT..... they also don't just want to jack everyone's UL gear..... so how do they get rid of MOST of the UL gear WITHOUT simply TAKING it from the players???? EASY.... let the players get rid of it themselves! Here's an upgrade formula guys.... you'll have to destroy XX amps to get it done. We'll reward you with a better and higher TT amp. *Swirlies* Gratz player! Enjoy your new sick amp and THANK YOU for forcing 6 more noobs to play (L)!

Menace

Now they've eaten up all the A102,103,104's on the market.

only those people were already looking to sell. there are ridiculous numbers in storage.

at least this is sensible, structured way to go about it. we dont *have* to break up stuff for the components, and it culls vasts swathes of TT fodder if they did go down this path with weapons.

Improved A105
18 dmg

184 tt -- wow, so you'll never run out of amp in a hunt...

"Good" durability
143 ammo
Means eco is between 7.407 - 4.592
Not too surprising...

ETA: decay reported to be 2.473, for an eco of 4.612 (same as adjusted A105).

This makes owning the imp A105 almost exactly equivalent to 3x A106s.

Last edited:
Improved A105
18 dmg

184 tt -- wow, so you'll never run out of amp in a hunt...

"Good" durability
143 ammo
Means eco is between 7.407 - 4.592
Not too surprising...

Updated Entropedia with stats , but we need a decay test, and minimum TT to complete it :wise:

Updated Entropedia with stats , but we need a decay test, and minimum TT to complete it :wise:

Minimum tt is 3% as always. From the history on entropedia it wasn't you that added all the info, unless you made up the decay figure? Strange.

Anyway I'm a bit disappointed that the imp A105 is just a super-long lasting A106 but that's in essence what it is. What MA has basically done is made more high-end amps available to players without dropping them in loot... this makes sense considering the "maturing" of the player base in skills and the ever-increasing dps of weapons and hp of mobs.

It also parallels the dropping of adj/imp BLP amps...

Minimum tt is 3% as always. From the history on entropedia it wasn't you that added all the info, unless you made up the decay figure? Strange.

Anyway I'm a bit disappointed that the imp A105 is just a super-long lasting A106 but that's in essence what it is. What MA has basically done is made more high-end amps available to players without dropping them in loot... this makes sense considering the "maturing" of the player base in skills and the ever-increasing dps of weapons and hp of mobs.

It also parallels the dropping of adj/imp BLP amps...

I added the info from your post and now i checked , some other managed faster than i did ,you are right :)

Good point ... now someone having few A105s with Imp or Adj version can sell the regular and keep hunting longer ... i don't know if is better or not but surely the dusty A101-A104 are having a new use. :rolleyes:

What's better to do, imp A105 or Hypercharged A105?

I got 3 A105 so I could make one of each, if I got the crystals, of :)

What's better to do, imp A105 or Hypercharged A105?

I got 3 A105 so I could make one of each, if I got the crystals, of :)

Until we know the actual decay of the overcharged A204, it's hard to make any kind of judgment on that.

Right now we know what happens to A105 when it's taken on the adj/imp path, and can by analogy suppose an A204 becomes a somewhat more eco A204 SGA that direction. What we don't have is any idea of the overall dpp effect of overcharged/hypercharged pathway.

Hypercharged A105

Damage: 21 (+5, 1 more than ordinary A204) Interesting... hypercharging A105 adds almost as much damage as it does for A204...
tt: 184
ammo: 228
Durability: "Good": dpp 4.40 to 6.40 worst case it's still a pretty eco amp...

So far it seems the hypercharging option is quite a bit better deal than the adjusted. (That suggests MA values dpp relatively highly vs. dps, it seems.) It would be nice to get an exact decay test on one of these though.

Last edited:
noooooo.jpg

(Have fun melting down those laser amps that no longer loot)

Unless they're doing this for a limited time, then amps will start dropping again??? who knows..only time will tell......The best thing to do is to wait and see if the amps start dropping again, if so..Then mod your amp :) If not im sticking to all my Axxx stock amps.

Unless they're doing this for a limited time, then amps will start dropping again??? who knows..only time will tell......The best thing to do is to wait and see if the amps start dropping again, if so..Then mod your amp :) If not im sticking to all my Axxx stock amps.

Don't let me talk you into it, why? I'm back to using laser and forgot how annoying it is with such low TT on them. 1 Dante and I could shoot 1000 ped ammo that's max from TT.

Using laser I must run 2 a106s and only get through roughly 800 ped ammo. 1 new a105 or 204 fixes this.

2x a106 is roughly 5-5.5k
1x (new) a105 similar DPS and eco to 106 and lasts much longer!

I'll modify every amp I can get my hands on.

Arkon

Last edited:
Any decay tests on the new A204 amps or the two A105 amps not decay tested yet?

~Danimal

Back