News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

I think I would rather them replicate the hills and just use them more creatively. Like certain mobs can scale hills more quickly than others, certain mobs are smarter than other when it comes to finding a quicker path up the hill, etc.
That might be a cookies thing, they sometimes let you see so much then require an account.

worth a look, mind blowing!
While this video like all other UE5-videos posted in the forum truly do look amazing, just be warned that this isn't what we'll get with EU. Not because someone at MA fails to do that, but simply because it requires a decent lot of resources on the PC/laptop/... that many simply don't have (there are plenty of posts from users arguing about not meeting the possible new system requirements).

And I doubt that MA is going to choose eye-candy over players (AKA deposits).

I just hope they find a way to avoid running through and getting stuck in trees, mobs flying into and under ground, mobs finding their ways around obstacles, have one overall design of the UI (auction is 15+ years old), ... Basically the game-play should be/feel better.

While this video like all other UE5-videos posted in the forum truly do look amazing, just be warned that this isn't what we'll get with EU. Not because someone at MA fails to do that, but simply because it requires a decent lot of resources on the PC/laptop/... that many simply don't have (there are plenty of posts from users arguing about not meeting the possible new system requirements).

And I doubt that MA is going to choose eye-candy over players (AKA deposits).

I just hope they find a way to avoid running through and getting stuck in trees, mobs flying into and under ground, mobs finding their ways around obstacles, have one overall design of the UI (auction is 15+ years old), ... Basically the game-play should be/feel better.
This isnt what we will get for another 5+ years, not just entropia. Everything in that video is just still and not interacting with anything besides lighting. Right now no gpu can live-render everything in that plus the live lighting changes and 1000x more map brush and prefabs. It still is insanely cool though.

Interesting thing about UE5 that isnt to do with how it looks, acts or can do gameplay wise.

atm the only game that does have UE5 running is Fortnite, and its had it for a while now. I play with some other oldies friends its enjoyable enough, but yesterday the last season ended and it had a nice event, fair enough.

What I didnt know at the time and learned today, is that the "waiting screen" created, has music that is like a low chill lofi beat. Created Procedurally in Unreal Engine 5.

I've looked into and tried UE5 myself, and i have friends who activly use and used UE4 and now UE5. I really hope epic doesnt dwindle away the almost limitless possibilities that the engine has.

Last image was a month ago, moar please!!!

And let's see some structures!

One more picture is coming up on Friday, then it will be a little break before we share something new, mostly due to the summer vacation period here in Sweden :)

One more picture is coming up on Friday, then it will be a little break before we share something new, mostly due to the summer vacation period here in Sweden :)

One of, if not THE main hope I have with UE5 re-release of Entropia is this:

BRING BACK PORT ATLANTIS!

With the re-release of Entropia in CryEngine, I think MA got a little too ambitious with Port Atlantis and so the community moved main trade hub to Twin Peaks as the most convenient place to trade. Reasons?

Port Atlantis became much too cumbersome to navigate; newbies got lost there, too many levels and too many buildings obstructing the view and disorienting people. Trying to figure out where someone is exactly over there, especially since there is 3 TPs there, is too confusing, trying to help a newb find you, is even worse... So Twin Peaks became the best place to trade; very easy, one central TP, you can see everybody there while standing near the TP. Service center right there with all the terminals, bank, mall, etc... 2nd best place to meet in game became the best place, just like that.

How to bring back PA? A little bit of re-design is in order but here are some of the main points I think:

- Move the main TP to the ground, give more space around it, Mall entrance should be visible/accessible from main PA TP. (I like the outdoor levels concept, it's clean, can add some televators near the tp to make it easier to get to where you're going though)

- Introduce PA apartments. How can you have such a big city but no residential there? Those buildings should have apartments in them and players should be able to use them.

- Remove the damn no fly box, what the heck is that for?? There's really no point to it and makes getting back to PA tp complicated and annoying. Please allow people to fly to and from PA tp without having to avoid a no fly box.

- If you intend for PA to never be a noob starting point, then re-think mobs around there; no need for noob level mobs if it's no longer a noob area. I know that the Icarus mission chains do send people up to PA eventually. So yes I think there is a good reason for those mobs and I'm sure a lot of thought went into it, but it seems to me that the role of PA has changed over time, in an uncertain way. The role of PA may need to be better defined.

- Add some NPC token vendors there, not too far from main TP. (maybe there are already some there and I just don't know where they are, things are just too spread out over there)

And in doing this, it may become necessary for you to have a new look at Twin Peaks and have ITS role better defined. It could be as simple as: PA is intended as the main city/trade hub for players from level 5 to level 30, and Twin Peaks is intended as the main city/trade hub for players level 35 to level 80, etc... Or maybe it's a bit more complex than that.

Thanks for reading

Cheers,
Legends

PS: I really hope the new malls will have the vertical display bars removed (red arrow is pointing to it in the below picture), they just obstruct the view and in my opinion, they do not add any styling or anything, just no value to having them. It would be much better if you just hung the light fixture from the ceiling instead (see red lines in the below picture). But of course this is just a minor pet peeve in comparison with the above.

index.php

One of, if not THE main hope I have with UE5 re-release of Entropia is this:

BRING BACK PORT ATLANTIS!

With the re-release of Entropia in CryEngine, I think MA got a little too ambitious with Port Atlantis and so the community moved main trade hub to Twin Peaks as the most convenient place to trade. Reasons?

Port Atlantis became much too cumbersome to navigate; newbies got lost there, too many levels and too many buildings obstructing the view and disorienting people. Trying to figure out where someone is exactly over there, especially since there is 3 TPs there, is too confusing, trying to help a newb find you, is even worse... So Twin Peaks became the best place to trade; very easy, one central TP, you can see everybody there while standing near the TP. Service center right there with all the terminals, bank, mall, etc... 2nd best place to meet in game became the best place, just like that.

How to bring back PA? A little bit of re-design is in order but here are some of the main points I think:

- Move the main TP to the ground, give more space around it, Mall entrance should be visible/accessible from main PA TP. (I like the outdoor levels concept, it's clean, can add some televators near the tp to make it easier to get to where you're going though)

- Introduce PA apartments. How can you have such a big city but no residential there? Those buildings should have apartments in them and players should be able to use them.

- Remove the damn no fly box, what the heck is that for?? There's really no point to it and makes getting back to PA tp complicated and annoying. Please allow people to fly to and from PA tp without having to avoid a no fly box.

- If you intend for PA to never be a noob starting point, then re-think mobs around there; no need for noob level mobs if it's no longer a noob area. I know that the Icarus mission chains do send people up to PA eventually. So yes I think there is a good reason for those mobs and I'm sure a lot of thought went into it, but it seems to me that the role of PA has changed over time, in an uncertain way. The role of PA may need to be better defined.

- Add some NPC token vendors there, not too far from main TP. (maybe there are already some there and I just don't know where they are, things are just too spread out over there)

And in doing this, it may become necessary for you to have a new look at Twin Peaks and have ITS role better defined. It could be as simple as: PA is intended as the main city/trade hub for players from level 5 to level 30, and Twin Peaks is intended as the main city/trade hub for players level 35 to level 80, etc... Or maybe it's a bit more complex than that.

Thanks for reading

Cheers,
Legends

PS: I really hope the new malls will have the vertical display bars removed (red arrow is pointing to it in the below picture), they just obstruct the view and in my opinion, they do not add any styling or anything, just no value to having them. It would be much better if you just hung the light fixture from the ceiling instead (see red lines in the below picture). But of course this is just a minor pet peeve in comparison with the above.

index.php
Great post!!!! Totally agree with your post!!! This small thing will help get more playeres into the game etc. I miss the days when new players arrived on the ship and could meet other players easy get a mentor and go hunt easy, etc. This really started out new players like the story line, migrating to Calypso!!!

I do agree with the rest that pre-CryEngine Port Atlantis was perfect as it was. Everything a new player could need was just a few steps away.
Lets be honest , nobody likes the modern PA , nobody goes to the modern swamp camp and i am pretty sure people could live just fine without the Icarus if they were not forced to spawn there. The whole area to the north is deserted , it stands nowhere near the old Red forest. Maybe its just nostalgia , but i have to admit , the old darkish and dangerous feel entropia had was alot more immersive and realy felt like you are a colonist in a new world full of danger. I never liked sandy beach resort Calypso has became after CryEngine update. Nobody held your hand through no "hazard course" , you were on your own from day 0 to explore this world as you like. Its an adventure after all. Today there is no adventure , just some boring "fetch" missions and than you just cruise the world in the safety of your vehicle. No need to make friends or make connections , bond with society to be able to travel the world in fun teleport runs that were always something nice for you to remember one day. Players are more independent today and dont need to interact with the community , i find that sad.

As much as vehicles are a convenient way to travel , they break the element of "survival" and adventure. There is absolutely no need to make Calypso as large as it is now just to have a purpose to implement vehicles , running , teleport chips and teleporters are enough , specially if you consider the speeds at which people run today. Just need to cut out the large useless distances that take alot of server space for no reason.
I understand that it cannot be reverted today , but at least flying vehicles should be used for space travel only imo.

I do agree with the rest that pre-CryEngine Port Atlantis was perfect as it was. Everything a new player could need was just a few steps away.
Lets be honest , nobody likes the modern PA , nobody goes to the modern swamp camp and i am pretty sure people could live just fine without the Icarus if they were not forced to spawn there. The whole area to the north is deserted , it stands nowhere near the old Red forest. Maybe its just nostalgia , but i have to admit , the old darkish and dangerous feel entropia had was alot more immersive and realy felt like you are a colonist in a new world full of danger. I never liked sandy beach resort Calypso has became after CryEngine update. Nobody held your hand through no "hazard course" , you were on your own from day 0 to explore this world as you like. Its an adventure after all. Today there is no adventure , just some boring "fetch" missions and than you just cruise the world in the safety of your vehicle. No need to make friends or make connections , bond with society to be able to travel the world in fun teleport runs that were always something nice for you to remember one day. Players are more independent today and dont need to interact with the community , i find that sad.

As much as vehicles are a convenient way to travel , they break the element of "survival" and adventure. There is absolutely no need to make Calypso as large as it is now just to have a purpose to implement vehicles , running , teleport chips and teleporters are enough , specially if you consider the speeds at which people run today. Just need to cut out the large useless distances that take alot of server space for no reason.
I understand that it cannot be reverted today , but at least flying vehicles should be used for space travel only imo.
Actually, making it time consuming to travel over larger distances would create interesting MU opportunities as well as feeling more adventurous. Two mechanisms could make this happen: 1) cooldown on TP. 2) Dividing up (at least) Caly and Ark in time zones. Crossing a time zone would lead to a 30 minute cooldown period (OR an optional "cut-the-waiting- cost" of 1 PED per minute waiting time remaining). Instead of waiting for the timer cooldown, there'd be an option to "take the tunnels", a huge network of underground tunnels and caves recently found on Caly/Ark. In practice these would be an instance in which you went from timezone A to timezone B, but at the cost of killing a bunch of cave lurking beasts in the process. All tunnels start at level 1, but if you clear that level, you could choose to use level 1 or the next level next time you cross a time zone (there could be an endless amount of levels). Of course there must be some "first time clearing" award, as well as different lenght (and mob types) of the different levels to keep things interesting and make people push for next level. (And MA could sell tunnel deeds lol).

Actually, making it time consuming to travel over larger distances would create interesting MU opportunities as well as feeling more adventurous. Two mechanisms could make this happen: 1) cooldown on TP. 2) Dividing up (at least) Caly and Ark in time zones. Crossing a time zone would lead to a 30 minute cooldown period (OR an optional "cut-the-waiting- cost" of 1 PED per minute waiting time remaining). Instead of waiting for the timer cooldown, there'd be an option to "take the tunnels", a huge network of underground tunnels and caves recently found on Caly/Ark. In practice these would be an instance in which you went from timezone A to timezone B, but at the cost of killing a bunch of cave lurking beasts in the process. All tunnels start at level 1, but if you clear that level, you could choose to use level 1 or the next level next time you cross a time zone (there could be an endless amount of levels). Of course there must be some "first time clearing" award, as well as different lenght (and mob types) of the different levels to keep things interesting and make people push for next level. (And MA could sell tunnel deeds lol).
You are over complicating.
There is enough time waste in Entropia as it is.
I would not like to go through no underground rollercoaster just to get to where i want to be.
My point was that a lot of areas in Entropia are meaningless and vehicles take away a large portion of adventure , at least at the beginning.
Those meaningless areas are made just to make vehicles seem meaningful. Dont get me started on the mob trains and mobile shelters.

In regards to bringing back tp runs. I think that new players should have a license to fly or drive a vehicle. And if someone tries to drive them they need a player tries to drive them the player who doesn't have a lisence can't enter said vehicle. Part of the lisence is the tp runs. Once you have a tp amount you can get your lisence to drive. Easy fix

Any new stuff to show? Been dornam for a long while now without updates :)

🔜

It's November now. So far from Summer ...

Last Instagram post was on August... Not even Halloween Mayhem did deserve a simple post announcing the event or telling the event duration.

Give me access to that IG account and i m sure I would make a much better job!

Consistency that's what you lacking over there. Also it looks very much unprofessional to go dormant like that.

Last Instagram post was on August... Not even Halloween Mayhem did deserve a simple post announcing the event or telling the event duration.

Give me access to that IG account and i m sure I would make a much better job!

Consistency that's what you lacking over there. Also it looks very much unprofessional to go dormant like that.
Didn't they say we would get a Fall update about progress?

Jokes aside, we were informed that the part of MA's dev team that was working on UE5 got back to working on the next anniversary event so we should not expect much information about UE5, unfortunately. They could, however, share with us some of the existing stuff and especially the stuff showed during a certain LAN party... I mean that stuff belongs more on this instagram account rather than into a party where people had to pay a player to join. It's pretty awesome they shared some sneak peaks to LAN party first, ofc, but that info should also have become publicly available on official channels, in my opinion.

Jokes aside, we were informed that the part of MA's dev team that was working on UE5 got back to working on the next anniversary event so we should not expect much information about UE5, unfortunately. They could, however, share with us some of the existing stuff and especially the stuff showed during a certain LAN party... I mean that stuff belongs more on this instagram account rather than into a party where people had to pay a player to join. It's pretty awesome they shared some sneak peaks to LAN party first, ofc, but that info should also have become publicly available on official channels, in my opinion.
Dennis said in one of the threads that they will do an autumn blog post about the creatures so sometime this month it should happen

Edit:

Last edited:
Not much time left before autumn is done and dusted :D

According to public news article from Realestate Sweden, Mindark are moving into a brand new office at Brick Studios by the end of this year. Often a fun but time consuming process that most likely already takes, and will take, its share of focus in various degree from many in the staff. Meanwhile, while they also plan for their 20th celebration, I will expect nothing else then that some things will be down prioritized, for example communication about UE5 development or other none vital processes.

According to public news article from Realestate Sweden, Mindark are moving into a brand new office at Brick Studios by the end of this year. Often a fun but time consuming process that most likely already takes, and will take, its share of focus in various degree from many in the staff. Meanwhile, while they also plan for their 20th celebration, I will expect nothing else then that some things will be down prioritized, for example communication about UE5 development or other none vital processes.
They can deprioritize everything they want but they shouldn’t deprioritize communication.
Even if the news is small it’s better than nothing.

They can tell us this personally though on the forums.

They have 65 staff now, there should be fairly regular ue5 posts I really don't understand why the IG for ue5 has been dead for ages, makes the game look so dead. Also while I'm having a whinge wasn't there meant to be desk models?

Boorum desk model wen?

Back