Kevin Rudolf Video Competition

May have been asked before but where exactly do we get the music from to put to our videos?

Download it from a dodgy website somewhere only to get a $100,000 law suit from the RIAA, or will you refund the cash if we have to buy it as an mp3?

What about HD music video? Will that be available?

interesting comp ...subscribing

ANY prizes for 2nd and 3rd place ?! c'mon MA :( last time you gave some items for 2nd and 3rd best movie ... (main prize was terminator...)

ANY prizes for 2nd and 3rd place ?! c'mon MA :( last time you gave some items for 2nd and 3rd best movie ... (main prize was terminator...)

that only adds to the excitment...

that only adds to the excitment...
no

it means: sorry, considering only guys like jamhot,dub etc are pro movie makers here, I have no chances at all, so why should I try ? (no prize for 2nd and 3rd place...)

no

it means: sorry, considering only guys like jamhot,dub etc are pro movie makers here, I have no chances at all, so why should I try ? (no prize for 2nd and 3rd place...)

You would be surprised how easy it is to make/direct a decent movie in the format their expecting, I mean the amount that anyone can do is very limited in the case of making movies for this game.

As for using video editing programs, just sit down with one and tinker for a bit, you'd get the basics down right away - and really that's all you need.

Unless you go up against someone like Bam who'll probably be pulling out animation lol - bastard.

no

hmm, we all have different ideas etc. i believe MA will judge more on content, as they have said if they like it it can be re-made.

no

Its actually much easier than you think, in fact the hardest part is capturing ingame video, editing it is actually quite easy.

Windows Movie maker does a fine job and is user friendly.

Its actually much easier than you think, in fact the hardest part is capturing ingame video, editing it is actually quite easy.

Windows Movie maker does a fine job and is user friendly.

yeah i think so... getting that in game video will be hard, i would think Xfire is the best i have atm

if your really worried about editing... get your content then down load a full 30 day trail or what ever that product is offering lol. to do the editing.

Last edited:
Never mind. EDITED

Last edited:
So, if i get it all right i CAN use a bit from the official video ? There's not much there but maybe, if i can i would use something ;)

No your quite right Safara i think it's just video and a very short one at that.

David! Come on, put the track on the ftp for everyone!

Hmmm, maybe we got to buy it? :scratch2:

Hopefully someone from MA will let us know in this thread.

Jamhot

I love to participate in this mavelous comp. However, due to lack of resources, kinda hard for me. In order to have an attractive movie, we also need some 'gears' on our character, angel set or even shadow, nice gun will be essential resources in order to make an attractive movie :mad:. I'll try.

This is amazing! This whole week has been amazing! I am overexcited :yay:

Now I just wished I could video edit :scratch2:

No your quite right Safara i think it's just video and a very short one at that.

Jamhot

rip the track from youtube ;)

Nice comp,

GL all who enter.

lol gonna copy/paste one of those videos on the MA website for my intro... gonna take 4 hours

Oohhh...something fun finally!! Definitely more info needed in regards to rules about use of images, current footage, logos, etc.. I'll definitely try to put a few ideas together :)

Good luck to everyone who enters! :yay:

Amazon has the song in mp3 format for .79 cents

Jamhot

*Cough*Torrent*Cough* :silly2:

But yeah please let us know whether or not your going to host the song up on the FTP server MA :)

~Tracer

rip the track from youtube ;)
Since it's used for MA who has the license for this goal I believe it's fully legal.
Or do we need to have a hardcpy of the song when we upload the video? :D

Two questions:

Does this mean that we are legally allowed to download this song to use it in the videos?

Don't want to read in the newspaper that an entire community has been banned from a MMORPG due to piracy :S

Are we only supposed to post them on youtube with this title tag or are we supposed to mail Mindark about it or post the videos on this forum too?

I passed on the last competition but this one seems... pretty worth going for! :cool:

Count me in for this!

OMG!!

count me in!!

I already working on a story board :yay:

now to buy a better videocard!

any idea what wil be the criteria used by the judges?

I have to agree, want to know more about the rules and other stuff.
It could be good to know.

gl to all the other that are joining :cool:

*subcribing*

/Spikey

Thats just nuts. Way to big of a price for a little movie competition. I bet you guys want one hell of a good movie but dont want to employ anyone for the work LOL. :laugh:
..or really pay to some professional IRL moviemakers:D

Drip.........drip.........drip..........:tongue4:

Storyline working...
I have my writing team all set.
Editing software ready.
Video Capture set.
MA, can we get the song for download please?

Open casting call.
PM me if you want to be in my video. Avatars of all levels, noob sweat gatherer through high mid to low uber range (if you are higher than that you can dress down if necessary I assume).

Back