Kevin Rudolf?

PeteHines

Prowler
Society
Circle of Lootius
Pete Pete Hines
Rocktropia has been out for a little while now and I find it strange that Kevin Rudolf is missing? I am sure I read at one point that the "zombie area" on Rocktropia was supposed to be called "Kevin"s Wasteland" but I have spent a fair bit of time running around the town and find only references to ND.
Anyone know what happened here? :scratch2:

a lot of stuff is "still to come" on Rocktropia, so maybe Kevin´s Wasteland will follow with one of the next updates

well "B.A.M.F" (shotguns) is Kevin Rudolfs company or something according to info...? :silly2:

Maybe that Kevin lad hit puberty, and now has a girlfriend.

Always a confusing time for kids growing up.

No wonder he has forgotten about this computer game for a bit.

yea where are the kevin rudolf dragon and the let it rock axes :confused:

Maybe that Kevin lad hit puberty, and now has a girlfriend.

Always a confusing time for kids growing up.

No wonder he has forgotten about this computer game for a bit.

hehe......................

Who is Kevin Rudolf ?

2008 - Kevin Rudolf's single 'Let It Rock' reaches number 5 in the UK.

2009 - Kevin Rudolf's single 'Welcome to the World' reaches number 77 in the UK.

2010 - Kevin Rudolf's single 'I Made It' fails to chart in the UK.

A similar picture elsewhere, although for some reason 'I Made It' has been big hit in Australia.

He's rapidly disappearing from the music industry, so it's not surprising that he's disappeared from Rocktropia too.

When Kevin's Wasteland was first announced, I questioned the wisdom of linking up with barely established artists who might be forgotten within a year, and this is why.

To ad up to the above:
1. Who is Kevin Rudolph?
2. Why should he be in the Entropia Universe?
3. Who is Kevin Rudolph?
4. Who is NEVERDIE?
5. Why would Rocktropia become big because it's established by NEVERDIE?

I could go on like this for a few more minutes. But hey, why bother?

To ad up to the above:
1. Who is Kevin Rudolph?
2. Why should he be in the Entropia Universe?
3. Who is Kevin Rudolph?
4. Who is NEVERDIE?
5. Why would Rocktropia become big because it's established by NEVERDIE?

I could go on like this for a few more minutes. But hey, why bother?

Reactions: Mac
When Kevin's Wasteland was first announced, I questioned the wisdom of linking up with barely established artists who might be forgotten within a year, and this is why.

I'd like to see a "Wasteland" in ROCKtropia with mobs named after some of Rock's one-hit-wonders... here is a sample from the 80's:

Japanese Geisha Vampires, with music courtesy of "The Vapors":

[YOUTUBE]gEmJ-VWPDM4[/YOUTUBE]

S&M Slave Traders, with music courtesy of "Devo":

[YOUTUBE]IIEVqFB4WUo[/YOUTUBE]

Evil Mad Scientists, with music courtesy of "Thomas Dolby":

[YOUTUBE]V83JR2IoI8k[/YOUTUBE]

Radioactive Biohazard Boogeymen, with music courtesy of "The Firm":

[YOUTUBE]di3CLFj6_Ag[/YOUTUBE]

I think you get the idea, a little creativity could go a long way. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
I'd like to see a "Wasteland" in ROCKtropia with mobs named after some of Rock's one-hit-wonders...

That's quite a good idea :D

I don't know if I'd call all of those you mentioned one-hit wonders though, Devo in particular had a much more significant impact than that.

I nominate Arthur Brown for inclusion, he would fit in nicely I think, and I would love to loot a Fire Helmet :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]NOErZuzZpS8[/YOUTUBE]

vehicles?

What's that? There's going to be vehicles in game soon? I got dibs on the Yellow Submarine!

The opportunities are endless:

The Renee and Renata Dragons

The Joe Dolce Zombie

The Brat Zombie

The Aneka Vampire Chick

The Strawberry Switchblade Vixens

The Fuzzbox Werewolves

The Sigue Sigue Sputnik Security.....

The Pop Idol/X Factor/Big Brother current media whore Dragon even:)

Hurrikane

2008 - Kevin Rudolf's single 'Let It Rock' reaches number 5 in the UK.

2009 - Kevin Rudolf's single 'Welcome to the World' reaches number 77 in the UK.

2010 - Kevin Rudolf's single 'I Made It' fails to chart in the UK.

A similar picture elsewhere, although for some reason 'I Made It' has been big hit in Australia.

He's rapidly disappearing from the music industry, so it's not surprising that he's disappeared from Rocktropia too.

Well, i think it's hard to get well established artists involved in Rocktropia before ND can show them the planet online and an established playerbase. I think it's a bit impressive that he have managed to get him and Motörhead on the planet even if he maybe have payed them for it.

Often times artist's these days come in a pretty package, but a shallow box.

Name a dragon after me...I did a one hit! Does that count? :kos: :laugh:

lol

I'm sure ND would make a deal with you for your own Vanity mob.

There are plenty of egoist in PE that would gladly pay him any amount of money to have a mob named after their avatar.

He can add that to the income he gets from people paying him $4 dollars to click his tp and then he will surely be the most richest avatar in the history of online gaming :laugh:

Well, i think it's hard to get well established artists involved in Rocktropia before ND can show them the planet online and an established playerbase. I think it's a bit impressive that he have managed to get him and Motörhead on the planet even if he maybe have payed them for it.

Yes I think you're right there. I don't know the nature of the deal with Motorhead of course but I suspect it's not purely a licensing deal. While Lemmy/Motorhead may not have much real involvement, they must have been interested in the concept for this to have got off the ground.

Possibly in the future if Rocktropia expands with other artists, it might become more of a straight licensing deal, i.e. ND pays the appropriate people what they want and then gets on with it.

I contrast I believe the SEE planet will be totally based on licensing from the start, since that's what SEE do in their non-virtual business and they already have well established relationships with the movie studios who own all the rights. Therefore they'd be more likely to open up with some well-known tie-ins.

I nominate Arthur Brown for inclusion, he would fit in nicely I think, and I would love to loot a Fire Helmet :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]NOErZuzZpS8[/YOUTUBE]

LOL @ 2:24, he was so busy dancing he forgot to lip sync. :wtg:

Hi,

Who is Kevin Rudolf ?
wasn't it such a producer made one-hit-wonder sampling someone elses work some time ago? Never heard of him beyond the EU marketing, maybe his producer lost interest of him ...

Interesting btw:
[...] here is a sample from the 80's: [...]
Whow, all but the RBB (at the end) tunes are blocked for me (Germany) - the music industry seems to be hard at work to take care that I wouldn't spent any money for their products - eeeeeeek, I might pre-hear a song and actually buy the CD then if it'd suit me! ...

Have fun!

<removed by author>

Last edited:
What's that? There's going to be vehicles in game soon? I got dibs on the Yellow Submarine!

If underwater mining goes with it I'm all for the idea :) Would be cool to get into yellow sub and go mining :D And plz add the portable black hole as well - kinda personal link to the storage :laugh:
(if you don't know what the portable black hole is watch Yellow Submarine film)

If it doesn't link with underwater mining, yellow submarine won't fit. See, the Beatles are too well known and they were not a one hit wonder :dunno:

But another mob on RockTropia could be "Boomtown Rat" Young, Mature, Old etc. Would match with the wolves...
I wonder how many ppl can still remember this band :laugh:

who? {too short}

(Yes I know who he is, I made a Let it rock video once, huge waste of time :rolleyes: can't stand the song now ;))

Back