LA Extension due to VU 10.0

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
I seem to recall somewhere that MA/FPC said that we'd have extended ownership due to taxes not being up and running for ~1-2 months after VU 10.0. I can't seem to find where I saw that in a thread, on the client, or on entropiagateway (if someone could help me it would be great). Does anyone else remember reading this?

Even after the taxes were put back in, there were many other bugs/issues including no way to fertilize, floating terminals, no teleport chips, and no event system.

MA/FPC have recently announced no Land Grab in the near future. That's fine and dandy but don't forget your promise to extend our ownership. Communicating whether or not you will do that would be nice as well. I'm currently trying to decide whether to refill the fertilizer for our LA's. If I don't soon and they extend it, we'll lose a lot readjusting mob settings. If I add it and they don't extend it, we'll lose that fertilizer.

Hanne or Marco, a comment please?

*Sent to both via PM on forum as well*

Sidenote:
Not having LG means a shitload of totally dead LA's. This is a very doesn't seem like the best way to try to bring in new players when new planets come. Why make so many great and exciting mobs but have dead spawns of them? I don't care if my society ends up getting tax from these LA's but at least form some other way to keep the spawns up after they are no longer owned.

Last edited:
Like I already commented on the other thread: I'll investigate the possibility. :)

Empty LA's shouldnt be an option
and yes i am a miner

The taxes is another story
We played in the last LG that knowing it was 9 months
so longer getting longer taxes seems unfair but
MA should landgrabs run after each other to prevent that in the first place
We will see what they come up to fix that

nooooooo, i want untaxed empty LA's to mine :D

Like I already commented on the other thread: I'll investigate the possibility. :)

How about investigating the possibility of leaving it alone so miners get a chance at the land without huge amounts of mobs?

(Sorry Star, I've turned to the dark side :))

How about investigating the possibility of leaving it alone so miners get a chance at the land without huge amounts of mobs?

(Sorry Star, I've turned to the dark side :))

Miners still have PvP3 and PvP4 - that is all a miner needs :wtg:

i am a miner and do very well without pvp3 and pvp4 (and cnd for that matter)

but i think MA shouldnt let a time between landgrabs the lands without managment
maybe due to the engine upgrade this time ok
but they have done it many times in the past before

Oh no!, another one that want more taxes!

Maybe they had second thoughts about it; since the last LG brought in such a massive decay bills. :p ;)
Well, anyway, I haven't read it; but is isn't my primary concern anyway. Keep those merps low; I might want to mine that land anytime soon.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to refill the fertilizer for our LA's. If I don't soon and they extend it, we'll lose a lot readjusting mob settings. If I add it and they don't extend it, we'll lose that fertilizer.

Hanne or Marco, a comment please?

While you have maintained your land areas (which is nice), most other land owners had waited for the lease to end, so they are pretty empty by now and have the lowest maturity.

To prolong the lease for *those* land areas for a month or two would be pretty pointless, the net result would be taxed areas without the advantage (the spawn). If MA decides to prolong the land area lease, they should (imho) reset the spawns (levers) - for free - to the values they had at end of vu 9.

Are you really concerned about empty la's?

you're ex mining LA was always empty...:silly2:
I smell greed since the new players aren't gonna hunt spiders, falx etc ;)

The assumption I believe was that we wouldnt get taxes in the period we had no control over our LAs, which is why ownership would have been extended. As we did get taxes, like all LA owners, during this time (no matter how pathetic) I am unsure how this would continue without being discriminant.

Empty LA's shouldnt be an option
and yes i am a miner

The taxes is another story
We played in the last LG that knowing it was 9 months
so longer getting longer taxes seems unfair but
MA should landgrabs run after each other to prevent that in the first place
We will see what they come up to fix that

Yeah it would be interesting if they ran one after the other, so societies could up the maturity or what have you right before LG. Nothing like a face full of falx stalker to ruin the party.

The LG land owners could folow the society that last year put some fertilizer befor the LG ended as a Ty for the hunters that camp there.

this could be an option or?

maybe some other player would give that fertilizer to have they hunting land longer :)

Can anyone remember 2006?
Seems to me when I joined that summer, my first TP runs across Amethera brought me through many dangerous landareas. Not long after, many of those landareas were suddenly free of danger and easy to traverse. (I obviously had little understanding of land ownership back then.)
Seems to me it took a hell of a long time before there was another landgrab.

Is history repeating?

I personaly dont think land areas ownership shoud be extented. I dont care that much if the spawns get sustained or not.
I prefere really a quicky follow up of every landgrab. It was supposed to be a 6 month returning event, and I think it should stay like that.

Even if it does not provide the epic battles and decay revenues MA/FPC was expecting, it brings alot of drama and dynamics in the community... :D

Well they should get extended for the time period that they weren't functional directly after VU10.0. I don't feel they should get extended after that extra period has passed but MA should find a way to keep the mobs in game at least.

As Imm said, surely you only missed out on taxes for a few days so if the period is to be extended it should be for a few days only.

MA should find a way to keep the mobs in game at least.

Says the guy who destroyed the Thorio DNA :D

as long i could keep my merps a bit...

but merps without tax wouldnt be bad either :D

so my vote, just have MA/FPC keep the spawns :silly2:

Even if it does not provide the epic battles and decay revenues MA/FPC was expecting, it brings alot of drama and dynamics in the community... :D

So true. So true.

As Imm said, surely you only missed out on taxes for a few days so if the period is to be extended it should be for a few days only.

Says the guy who destroyed the Thorio DNA :D

The totally unhunted thorio dna.... ;)

I meant keep the mobs that people actually hunt in game.

You mean the previous promise from one of your coworkers is now only a possibility? ;) Wish I could find that thread....someone will.

Thorios are fun, especially the small ones.

I hope MA some day start to, one way or the other, return DNAs that are removed from land areas (either let them drop as parts, or drops the complete DNA sample).

You mean the mobs that you and your friends actually hunt in game :)

I guess the problem was that in vu 9, the few remaining torios was considered a pain* for the miners.

As for *big* thorios (the top marurity) I guess few ones hunt them because there isn't any cheap armor out there with good impact protection, and thorios aren't known for dropping any useful items (except an "old" club once in a year).

If you *can* kill a (small) thorio (not too hard) they're fun to meet occasionally though. But a pure miner (without weapon) might have a hard time with them around because of the aggro range.

There also was a land area with mid-maturity max density ones, but imho for most hunters that's not so good either, again because of their aggro range (fapping cost of 5 thorio raiders banging on you can be considerable).

For people with repairable armor with good impact protection (like angel and shadow) they're probably way easier.

As for *big* thorios (the top marurity) I guess few ones hunt them because there isn't any cheap armor out there with good impact protection, and thorios aren't known for dropping any useful items (except an "old" club once in a year).

Thunderbird (L) users would disagree. And you could apply the same arguments to Falxangius.

or the mob that was giving 1% of the tax of any other land...meaning the land that only YOU seemed to be hunting.

or the mob that was giving 1% of the tax of any other land...meaning the land that only YOU seemed to be hunting.

Nah I wasn't hunting there :D

How much would it cost to fully fertilize the merp spawn? And how long would it last?

It's very sad to see them diminishing already--there's no comparable skilling ground in EU :(

Back