Info: Location For Fruit, Stones, And, Dung Project

kosmos

Marauder
Society
Omnia
KosmosZ Zeas Aer
After writing my guide and getting alot of pms about where to find stuff,I wanted to do a project related to the guide. Because of time restraints and personal interests I have put off the project till now. I want to help people find some of these things a bit easier. I also hope to give people something to do other than sweat continuously or stand around all day ;)

I am going to try to have a location stamp for each find or say where it is at. If anyone has any questions just ask I will be happy to help if I can. Another goal of this project is to see if general areas produce finds consistently. In my opinion they do, but I would like some public proof of this if it is the case. :) Also feel free to participate if you wish to. Thanks for reading the thread.

Kosmos. (ps. don't forget to visit my other guides =) )

January 10th 2009

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

January 11th 2009

November 29th 2008

December 18th 2008

Last edited:
those first two are amazing virtually same spot on diff days.

+rep for sharing

those first two are amazing virtually same spot on diff days.

+rep for sharing

oh the first 2 pics are the same area same day. I was hoping that would show how close things spawn to each other. i have more random pics i can dig out but most i can't really tell you the location or date of unfortunately. LoL I am shocked anyone is even interested in the first 5 minutes of my tiny little project to pass time :laugh:

Good to see you working on your project finally, I'm always interested in your theories and I'm just as interested in seeing the results of this project :)

or stand around all day ;)

And yes, I caught that ;)

Tuesday Night / Wednesday Morning

3 more fruit finds, I did a test walk for Kos found 5 fruit piles in less then an hour was pretty nice. I may try some fruit walk mining when loots slow.

This is an interesting project, but what it needs is a map that everybody can pin...I like your idea of seeing if the same areas produce above average returns so do we get a handy map to stick needles in? :D

I will post my results when I find them

(Just one thought though, how likely is it that people will simply take your spot that you regularly walk if you tell them about it? lol)

This is an interesting project, but what it needs is a map that everybody can pin...I like your idea of seeing if the same areas produce above average returns so do we get a handy map to stick needles in? :D

I will post my results when I find them

(Just one thought though, how likely is it that people will simply take your spot that you regularly walk if you tell them about it? lol)

If someone wants to put the time in to pin locations they can be my guest :D

I am just posting cords and locations to put the idea out there how this really works.

I am not putting effort into walking. I hunt or mine bam I find something, and I will post it. :D

This is a great project!

Definately subscribing, and +REP to all who posted screenies too :)

Man you gals sure are finding a lot of fruit..... what the heck. And a lot of other crap too.....
I'm lucky if I get a piece of poo once a month....

I have a *.pem-file for NeoMap in which i store my fruit, dung and stone findings. Don't know if i can upload this here. If you want this file, give me an advice on where to upload it, and i'll post a link here.

Its only for Eudoria, as NeoMap can't handle maps for Amethera. Or at least, i couldn't get NeoMap to work with a Amethera map.

Late Wednesday Find

I have a *.pem-file for NeoMap in which i store my fruit, dung and stone findings. Don't know if i can upload this here. If you want this file, give me an advice on where to upload it, and i'll post a link here.

Its only for Eudoria, as NeoMap can't handle maps for Amethera. Or at least, i couldn't get NeoMap to work with a Amethera map.

just upload to gallery and there should be a link that will provide you with a click able thumbnail. the file formats allowed are standard like jpg, but i am not sure about the rest. try this guide if you need help.

If that file format won't convert over to something that can be uploaded just take screenshots with something like fraps if you want to participate. Thanks for the help

Jaas Do you play in 1st or 3rd person? Try working in 3rd you might find more. I hope the project helps you if your seeking to find more goodies on the ground :silly2:

kosmos

went looking for some more free junk, more stones then fruit today and one pile of poo

Well, not really an Ingame screenshot, but i think it will help anyway ;)

The green circles show where i found some stones, dung or fruits.

Well, not really an Ingame screenshot, but i think it will help anyway ;)

The green circles show where i found some stones, dung or fruits.

Now that is a perfect way to do it, I would've made the dots a lot smaller, but if hundreds of people post fruit locations like this on ONE central map by copying from the last post and adding their own, then reposting we could see a very real project starting to spring up showing everything.

Of course I would much rather prefer different colours for stones and fruit, especially the higher values as it will start to show if something such as rutol clumps together and where the most likely place to find it is.

Now that is a perfect way to do it, I would've made the dots a lot smaller, but if hundreds of people post fruit locations like this on ONE central map by copying from the last post and adding their own, then reposting we could see a very real project starting to spring up showing everything.

Of course I would much rather prefer different colours for stones and fruit, especially the higher values as it will start to show if something such as rutol clumps together and where the most likely place to find it is.

Thanks for the input. I can replace the circles with dots and give them different colors for stones, fruits and dung. Showing different values doesn't matter that much, i think, as they're randomly spawned. And it would be a bit harder to realize with this tool^^

Next Post will be an updated Version of the Map. Stay tuned ;)

Nice project :yay:
I'll try to remember when I find some fruit, dung or stones.

P.S. is Rutol still worth that much?

OK, here is the updated Map. I think the new dots are a bit small, but i hope you will find them^^

green dots are fruits, pink dots are stones, blue dots are dung.

If you find something on Eudoria, you can tell me the coords and the type of your find and i may add it to the map... depends on how much stuff i have to do myself ;)

oh the first 2 pics are the same area same day. I was hoping that would show how close things spawn to each other. i have more random pics i can dig out but most i can't really tell you the location or date of unfortunately. LoL I am shocked anyone is even interested in the first 5 minutes of my tiny little project to pass time :laugh:

Last week I double clicked to pick up some stones (forget which kind) and two separate finds popped into the loot window.

My socmate said that happened to her twice at least.

The find was at the beacon location just south across the river from Ithaca island. Maybe somebody with that beacon can give the coords.

I think i have neomap somewhere in my downloads.. forgot all about it. it's actually quite a handy tool..

Sticky!!!!

I really think that information like this should be a sticky . . . all three of your threads should be . . . or maybe collect them into one thread when you reach a definitive conclusion.

it helps out the new colonists . . . well, it helps everyone who is interested!!

and it is very interesting!!!

jewels

;>

I really think that information like this should be a sticky . . . all three of your threads should be . . . or maybe collect them into one thread when you reach a definitive conclusion.

it helps out the new colonists . . . well, it helps everyone who is interested!!

and it is very interesting!!!

jewels

;>

There is one more coming in the fruit/stone/dung series. I am too lazy and addicted to games to type it up but stay tuned lol :silly2:

I am honestly shocked anyone cares. This project is for the people that can't/won't depo or want some extra peds in their pocket. Just showing that this isn't something that is hard to do. Heck I think many miss this stuff cause their in 3rd person alot or they don't know what it looks like. I hope it has helped a few people ;)

I went looking at the place Kosmos told us about in the first post and I found some Bombardo around there to. Forgot the map in the first screenshot so I placed a dot on the map to show you where it is.

some I just found at that place S of New Oxford

Last edited:
Heck I think many miss this stuff cause their in 3rd person alot or they don't know what it looks like.
I always play in 3rd person and go "hunt" for this when I´m poor, so I think 3rd person should be the best view as I often see stones or fruit behind me when I "hunt"...

(ofc you cant be zoomed out completely, but about 1/3 are good I think)

I always play in 3rd person and go "hunt" for this when I´m poor, so I think 3rd person should be the best view as I often see stones or fruit behind me when I "hunt"...

(ofc you cant be zoomed out completely, but about 1/3 are good I think)

oops i meant first person lol sorry thanks for pointing that out. yes 3rd person zoomed out works well :D

Past 2 days

Friday Morning. Forgot time/date stamp oops.

Thrusday

Back