Looks like Eps won't be coming to LandGrab

Eps

Old Alpha
Society
BlackAngels HQ
Epsilon "Eps" Vaz
After waiting 2 years since the last Landgrab... my Laptop gets stolen.

I was not going to be at home in London for the next 8 days, those of you who know me personally will know I travel around a lot since I'm a pilot.

I had to go to Brussels for training, but this time I decided to go by train (Eurostar from London). Well, boy did I regret that decision. Since the Eurostar station isn't near the airport I had to get a connection in Brussels South.

So, while waiting for the train a man comes up to me pointing at his ticket asking something about it, I said I didn't know, and he walked off. A few seconds later a lady standing next to me said "erm... was that your bag...".
I looked down and someone had come from behind while the other man was distracting me and swiped my flight case. I immediately ran after the guys but I lost them in the busy train station.

I am absolutely seething, the Police man who took down my details was like "happens about 30 times a day...lol". I was astonished that they do not have CCTV.

In my bag was my Laptop, EU Gold Card and Reader, Pilot Logbook (which for those of you who are involved in aviation, know that this is completely IRRIPLACEABLE), training manuals for Boeing 737 which now I am going to have to fork out a substantial amount to get replaced.

Lucky for me my Laptop was insured. But, for the time it takes for a new GC to get sent to my home address, and for me to get a new Laptop... sorry BAHQ, I got pk'd irl pvp4 and cannot revive for some weeks :rolleyes:.

Enjoy the LandGrab!

Eps

Damn.
That sucks!

Hope you get it all figured out soon!!
Maybe you'll find those guys and make them wish they had a RL fap ;)

:(

Really sorry to hear that! PuKKin Scum of humanity.

I hope everything gets sorted quickly and as smoothly as possible!

You will be sorely missed in WoF aswell.

:(

Oh man, that's awful! Sorry for your loss.

I'm really sorry to hear this eps, and wow your gonna be missed in wof m8!

Have you contacted MA yet btw - if they got your gc they could log you in , as unlikely as it is theyve ever heard of eu, you never know!!

Thieves like that should be delt with SaudiArabian style.:mad:

I hope you recoup fast. :hug:

That sucks truely. I hope you get a new GC sooner than you expect.

damn eps that sucks :\ but afaik there are security camera's inside the stations, there was a murder a year or so ago which was in a brussels station which got taped by security cams

(sorry offtopic)
Today, some 80,000 people participated in a silent march in Brussels to commemorate 17 year old Joe Van Holsbeeck, who was knifed on 12 April because he refused to hand over his MP3 player to two North African youths. The murder happened during the evening rush hour in a crowded Brussels central station. The murderers were filmed by security cameras, but it took a full week before the authorities released the footage. The assassins are still at large.

I'm sorry to hear it man. Did you remember to notify MA? You could have your account cleaned out, theoretically, if the thieves knew what the GC was for? (remote chance, but still...)

I do hope it works out so you can still participate. Gl.

You lost your Pilots Logbook?!?!?!!!!!! :eek: :( :( :(

Mine will never get lost!!! These things are like the holly passport for a pilot :silly2: Though I think yours was a bit more filled than mine ;)

Sorry to hear, and I hope things turn out for the better... Never know, it might be dropped in a mail box or something and find its way back to you ;)

Hope the Log Book comes back dude, if they're intelligent enough not to just knock you on the head for it maybe they can be better men and send you what they don't need.

Hurrikane

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune Eps, I do hope that you at least recover your Pilot's Log Book.

Dammit, this sucks.

Sorry Eps :(

Wow thats horrible I sorry your loss for sure that one.

Maybe some soc needs to win land grab bad and they target all traveling ubers

>O.O<

heheh ^.^

Welcome to Brussel

Hi Eps,

Just want to say " Welcome to Brussel".
Visit Brussel and his hospitality :(

Sorry to hear that, if need help i'm yours.
If you want do the Lg, we go to my office and you use my professional computer.

Often the thief put in a garbage what can't resell.
meaby look for your Pilot Logbook.
If need help, call me and we go see around the station.

Cu

Last edited:
dam esp you just got trikt by the most old trik in the bok at stations

it hapens in my home town her to evry day and i wod think more in 30 times a day

hapens a lot

sory to you ther take the flyt next time

Dude this sucks. :(

Maybe we'll get lucky with MA's usualy timeliness on events and you'll be back in time.

Are you screwed on your training with the logbook gone?

Shit to hear Eps.

I'm sure you're well organised enough to realise this, but i'd suggest calling MA immediately and getting them to lock your account, unless you're very sure you password is secure.

Damn, I feel for you mate, hope this gets sorted out somehow.
I'm in a similar situation, only that my notebook wasnt stolen, but broke in December. I have sent it back to the company at the beginning of this year, they told me it will take 15 work days max to repair, but every time I call them now, they are still "waiting for spare parts" :(

Ouch... really sorry to hear that m8 :/ Having important, personal stuff stolen is about as bad as it gets...

Hope it sorts itself, and like others said seems the most important (and only thing that cant be replaced?) was the logbook so really hope you get that one back..
No way of "having a new one made" or? (dont know anything about piloting but would guess other pilots during time got their stuff stolen as well, so if its essential its gotta be replaceable?...)

I would try to maybe work something out with MA as well regarding LG? Call them and explain the situation, if they mail the card tomorrow it should be able to reach most parts of europe early next week, might be in time depending on when next stage(s) of LG are set for?

Hi Eps,

Sorry to hear that, if need help i'm yours.
If you want do the Lg, we go to my office and you use my professional computer.

Thats a really kind offer :)

Unfortunately, they took his gold-card/reader too :(

Thank you all for your kind words.

Thankfully the airline I am training with have offered to replace any missing manuals at no cost to me! I will pick them up tomorrow, but I have no bag now :rolleyes:.

Lucky for me the Civil Aviation Authorities have a complete set of my logbook photocopies. It's now basically a case of getting hold of them and writing out everything again line by line (omg this will take days) in a new Logbook. I am now going to keep two Logbooks and one will not leave my house hehe. Unfortunately my Pilot medical was also in my bag, but that should not be complicated to replace. Very, very lucky that my actual Pilot licence was not in there, I had to mail it somewhere the day before... or else that would have been gone too!

Well, to be honest I think this is a good thing... it means I will study more and not be using up my time online (I have a big exam coming up on Thursday)! Also the Laptop I had was a Dell XPS, so the insurance will surely make sure I can work with CryEngine :D.

So all in all, it seems things will turn out for the better!

Eps

Man, this really sux. Make sure you call MA and tell them about your situation, so they place your account at safe (I don't know if a simple support case is enough).

Good to hear Eps, gl in your exams! :)

Last edited:
This suck. Hope you get it all sorted Eps.

Good Luck for Thursday, you wont need it though. :)

Will

You should have stayed in Greece, what the heck and you moved in London? It is raining every day here.
Sorry for your loss,hope justice will prevail one day and you''ll be able to throw them off your plane:D.
So if my ''maths'' work correctly we should be expecting two more scammers joining EU?

Sorry to hear of this at first mate but glad things are starting to look brighter already.

Big GL on your exams bud! Sure you'll do fine :D:D

That's a real tough break but at least the log and other stuff you need for your job are replaceable, it seems.

Crikey that sucks but glad to hear things are looking much brighter than they were!

Keep smiling :)

Oh my fucking god

So sorry to hear that :(

Fuck thiefs

Hope we can see u soon and that ma will make it faster for you !!!

Back