MA/FPC and social networks?

Einstein

Elite
Society
GD
Hiiiii,
Doesn't it get time that MA get's involved a little bit and starts using social networks as a kind of promotional tool for this game/platform?
Global or hof feeds to Facebook or Twitter could be one of the possibilities, but I'm sure there are many many more.

Why is MA waiting so long to jump on the social network wagon, it's a great tool?

Hiiiii,
Doesn't it get time that MA get's involved a little bit and starts using social networks as a kind of promotional tool for this game/platform?
Global or hof feeds to Facebook or Twitter could be one of the possibilities, but I'm sure there are many many more.

Why is MA waiting so long to jump on the social network wagon, it's a great tool?

I totally agree here, was just reading about another MMO that just implemented feeds to facebook. Millions of people on facebook, I think there is huge potential with feeds that update your facebook profile, maybe with a clickable link that sends you to the EU homepage or something.

MAYBE banners, but defo not chat feed

A couple of years ago it did look like they were going to try some sort of social networking approach with EU. It was roughly about the same time they implemented some of the features people dubbed 'Barbietropia'. It seemed more like a desperate jump on the bandwagon (well it did to me) as social networking was becoming the next big thing at the time.

From the current approach Marco has taken with FPC I'd say it has been very much on forgotten about.

This is something Hanne may be interested in getting up and running.

Planet Cyrene allready have their social group on facebook. So it's a possibility.

should be like the playstation network trophies with globals and hofs. Players should be able to set whether or not you want globals/HoFs or both (and obviously ATHs)

Should have the icon of what was globaled on: If it was a hunting global it would have the picture of the mob, if it was a mining global it would have the picture of the resource found, and crafting would have the object which was globalled on.

Great idea!

Why should MA make something when we usually makes it for them... :)

Seriously? I hate facbook and twitter and all these other so called social networks, I'd rather have MA advertise through gaming sites, newspapers and go down the "normal" routes and don't create silly applications for this, that and the other.

Seriously? I hate facbook and twitter and all these other so called social networks, I'd rather have MA advertise through gaming sites, newspapers and go down the "normal" routes and don't create silly applications for this, that and the other.

Maybe you hate facebook, but millions and millions of others don't. And I think it might really be a great marketing tool!

Yeah... someone is REALLY going to follow the MA twitterfeed when it does nothing but blurt out hofs and globals all the time.

Twitterspam is reason #1 to unfollow people.

Hell, even if MA/FPC would tweet one usefull thing a day, it would be lost in all the spam.

Why do you think the option to disable the global-chat is so popular?

MA would not survive something like that...
IF MA make something to display hof in FB , you can be sure in 1 week there is 50 000 new player, and i guess MA server collapse...and even if they dont , you can again be sure that 3 day latter , you have 48 000 of those 50 000 that will make group "MA thief" or "EU DA BS" and will complain way more loudly than you ever imagine...It will result that EU will have a very bad reputation over the whole world in 1 week...

there is no such thing as bad publicity. even a group that sais how bad EU is will make ppl curious to check it out. especially if it's free ;-p

but concerning the servers- yes that could be the problem ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah... someone is REALLY going to follow the MA twitterfeed when it does nothing but blurt out hofs and globals all the time.

Twitterspam is reason #1 to unfollow people.

Hell, even if MA/FPC would tweet one usefull thing a day, it would be lost in all the spam.

Why do you think the option to disable the global-chat is so popular?

I dont say MA should spam twitter or facebook with all hofs etc.

But maybe a screen ingame with a list of the achievements you made that day and then an option to select some and publish them automaticly on your fb or twitter account.

Games on facebook are incredibly popular, and they use this method all the time.

Back