MA you screwed the pooch on Beacons!

Soon we will see at huge ATH beacon to make people rush back and lose more peds trying.

It’s so shameful to see what once was a great experience in Entropia to see beacons become a waste of time and ped.

And so it always was.

Beacons were never a good investment of ped, but the idea was that they bound people together in fun.

TBH, take the ped out of the equation and you will enjoy the game, beacons or no.

Seems to me, people forget that the game is about having a laugh, anything else is sure to sour the whole.

Beacons were never a good investment of ped, but the idea was that they bound people together in fun.

It still is a way to bind people together, but the problem is that the loot is insanely low now... not just "a smaller loss" like it used to be.

yep you fucked up with the loots on beacons MA...

but, fun aspect is huge if you don't care about throwing peds away :)

the problem is that the loot is insanely low now... not just "a smaller loss" like it used to be.

And my point still stands that if you see the ped in the fun, the fun is lost.

That said, I understand your point, where the returns are just plain stupid in relation to what they could be and should be. But this is a deeper issue.

This two guys have some really valid points.

Second that, remove the revive.
Let beacons be a challange, especially the big ones, where no team has gone in without a resurect chip (after warants failed one that horrible!)

And adjust the loot situation, beside the thrill a beacon should be rewarding with rar stuff that got some markup on it, and not only 102% robot trash :)

I 3rd that :yup:

This two guys have some really valid points.

Second that, remove the revive.
Let beacons be a challange, especially the big ones, where no team has gone in without a resurect chip (after warants failed one that horrible!)

And adjust the loot situation, beside the thrill a beacon should be rewarding with rar stuff that got some markup on it, and not only 102% robot trash :)

...and I'll 4th it!

don't know about alot of people but i usually broke even on a beacon run in the old beacons.
boxes usualy had between 2-10 ped in them average was 5 ped.
whats coming from the boxes on average now?

Well how many of the old ones were profitable anyway? Like 1/10 ... Or I just have shit luck

Beacons were often close to break even, sometimes a small loss, sometimes a little profit, rarely one with big hofs or valuable items.

From the sound of the reports about the new beacons, I won't step foot in one.

MA seems very greedy lately. That will kill the game if they don't change their approach.

I think that MA greed became to increase in May-June, don't know why though

I mean from June I kepp on loosing peds, bad overall return...something changed for sure, I am only thinking if I should continue because I'm not a rich person and this game is starting to because outrageous expensive

I also started mining in the hopes that the return will be better, but they didn't

I mean imagine 1 lvl5 run cost 320 ped return 100 ped or lvl 7 run cost 171 return 26 that is the thing that makes you go crazy, especially when those we're your last peds in game

Really I think that the game should become more balanced, less loosing before winning, not everyone afford to loose 5K usd until the system gives something back

Oh, forgot to say, I had an 8K in May wich I withdraw 750 USD, maybe this is it but still since then I have deposited 2K USD

Made the withdrawal just to check the time need for MA to process ( 3 months)...learned my lesson:)

hey i got info to you!!!!!!

Kin said a mini patch will come in about a week and one part of it is better loot in beacons:yay::yay::yay:

no amps, not worth it.

I mean imagine 1 lvl5 run cost 320 ped return 100 ped or lvl 7 run cost 171 return 26 that is the thing that makes you go crazy, especially when those we're your last peds in game

Really I think that the game should become more balanced, less loosing before winning, not everyone afford to loose 5K usd until the system gives something back

Oh, forgot to say, I had an 8K in May wich I withdraw 750 USD, maybe this is it but still since then I have deposited 2K USD

Made the withdrawal just to check the time need for MA to process ( 3 months)...learned my lesson:)

First: Think small. If you buy amps and hope you geta global, the global sometimes doesnt break you even. That's pure gambling. But what is not in the universe of mindark? :)

Second: Try unamped mining. The finds will be smaller, but after all you lose less (only decay and bombs) and might even come with some small profit that make you buy new bombs and repair (allthough the finder decays very very low usually).

And very important, try to sell to people if you have ore/enmatter with low %, then you avoid the auction fee, which is usually ~50pec or something on smaller amounts which you give to MA and get nothing in return!
Also sell ore as they are (don't refine them, let others pay for that). Sell to folks that buy in Twins or PA, try to build a network too, find crafters etc.

There are so many small things that can help you come home with a small profit on a mining run, amping the fiinder is none of them ;) That's just my expirience ofc, but worth a try, isn't it? :)

Good luck.

I'd really be interested in, if they can be looted already.

Well lets say the loot of boxes is rly calculated from the amount of PEDs you hammer into the drones (makes the most sense i guess, so MA wont make minus: Also they were allready thinking about creating sthg like that for the Sand King event, so it wouldnt be a wonder if they did that here now.) . From what i saw in videos, 10 people shooting at one bot, 2 hit and kill it (1 hit down to 10% next hit Overkill 60 damage -> great loot loss if it were a normal mob), 8 shots lost. If this is a standard situation, its no wonder loot is that bad then. Try to get your ppl into voice and make a coordinated run with targets so this doesnt happen. Or rly make an Opalo run to reduce Overkill + Shots fired into the air and see what happens.

Btw from the comment before, it doesnt matter if a 100+ damage weapon is cheaper then a 45+ damage weapon, eco isnt really that important, what is important is that every bit of damage goes into the Mob, not over it. Look at Mikemoos threads some time ago, or those of many others who tested the system before to get an idea of how it rly works. (example if i shoot a puny with M2100 i will get less loot then shooting a puny with m2100 with some rly expensive Overamping on it, it's the cost that makes up loot in the end minus overkill)

Edit : maybe try to leave the explosive barrels too

Last edited:
Mad Mike, I know what you are saying and I am mining with amps just to have stacks that I can sell on auction ( better MU than traders)

but on that specific lvl7 run I was like 30 NRFs and then only 2 claims of VIII...WTF?

Also on other ocasions with lvl5 I gen a row of 30 NRF, I mean really, is that supposed to be funny?:)
Also with no amps there is not the same fun and If I make 300 dropd with no amp it will tahe 3 hours just to get some stack that I can put on auction

If you only sell to trades youl will go broke, on auction you get better deals

Anyway, the point is that high level mining/hunting should not be so expensive in returns ( you should not loose that much before you get even) but then MA would not make that much money:)

I would made a comparison between MA and some traders in game

there is one trader that always beats the auction order and that guy alsways has customers and there are other thatr have low MU on ores and they only get the stupid ones that sell without judging

I think MA is like the others that have low MU, small profit but steadily is better that high profit from times to times

The real problem here is that these game is very addictive and many players loose to much money before they think of quitting, I am one of them and MA take benefit in this

I really don't agree with the current loot sistem, big hof/ATH to who ever gets that lucky shot and huge losses on the other players

but on that specific lvl7 run I was like 30 NRFs and then only 2 claims of VIII...WTF?

Also on other ocasions with lvl5 I gen a row of 30 NRF, I mean really, is that supposed to be funny?:)
Not too hard to go one lvl 7 amp without any claims... (on Calypso, at FOMA several amps), also not too hard to have V as biggest claim on 5 * lvl 7 amp runs.
Yes, it's very, very funny.

Sell to folks that buy in Twins or PA

Those "folks" will ripoff you much more efficiently than AH fees, which is, btw, going not to the MA - but back to system.

advice from Kim last night at twins, after offering some beacons via quiz.

"don't use these beacons until next week mini patch"

Let me explain a bit more about the “Challenge”, “Team Work”, and “Excitement” that these new beacons lack.

1) The number of loot boxes is now fixed at 8 (from my experiences). What is lost is the random changes between beacons.

2) The loot box locations are now fixed (from my experiences). What is lost is the random changes of locations.

3) The new beacon layout is fixed. What is lost is the random floors (order) that changed between beacons. There was even an extra floor to be rotated in the floor designs.

4) Revive has been added, no more need for people to fap, to help keep your team alive at the end to have a better chance of looting all boxes.

5) The layout is cramped. Gone are the large area’s where people can spread out and search for mobs, loot box locations, finding lost players and such. There is now just a hallway and door everyone must pile through.

I can think of more but you get my point? The lack of these “Dynamics” takes away a lot of strategy, team work, and excitement.

After thinking the beacons through I have to agree with all above. Old beacons nailed it and if I would be a programmer I would just recreate old one with some extra bonus things.

As I see it new beacons are nothing special. All good things are gone, you just run and shoot. Yes right there are some barrels which does splash damage (I can live without it). There are some so called "traps" (I can live without it). Don't get me wrong those things are kinda ok but if they were added to all the points which I quoted. Alone it is nothing what would bring me there. I guess people expected - myself for sure - that beacons will blow our mind. Especially that you said not one time that with CE2 you got more tools in hands. Well in my opinion the magic of old beacons is gone. This is certainly not something I would expect. Said all things above I hope there is still some place to improve it and you will make it as awesome as it was before. Especially that it was one of the greatest if not the greatest system out there.

advice from Kim last night at twins, after offering some beacons via quiz.

"don't use these beacons until next week mini patch"

I was going to post the same advice, but see I've been beaten to it.
I will state it again though for all those complaining....

Wait until the mini patch to use the beacons (as per Kim Welter).

Remove Shared Loot....

First: Think small. If you buy amps and hope you geta global, the global sometimes doesnt break you even. That's pure gambling. But what is not in the universe of mindark? :)

Second: Try unamped mining. The finds will be smaller, but after all you lose less (only decay and bombs) and might even come with some small profit that make you buy new bombs and repair (allthough the finder decays very very low usually).

And very important, try to sell to people if you have ore/enmatter with low %, then you avoid the auction fee, which is usually ~50pec or something on smaller amounts which you give to MA and get nothing in return!
Also sell ore as they are (don't refine them, let others pay for that). Sell to folks that buy in Twins or PA, try to build a network too, find crafters etc.

There are so many small things that can help you come home with a small profit on a mining run, amping the fiinder is none of them ;) That's just my expirience ofc, but worth a try, isn't it? :)

Good luck.

Question - you usually give out part of your salary to random ppl on the streets in the RL?
Not commenting rest of your post.

to op: I think beacon loots have nothing to do with greed. They were just poor tested

Last edited:
Wait until the mini patch to use the beacons (as per Kim Welter).

So... where does it say that on the client loader?
(You know, for all those folks who don't read forums...)

If Kim and MA actually gave a shit, they'd disable beacons until they worked properly. :wise:

some of the replies I see here, give me the assumption that people are expecting the old system. The old system was balanced and fined tuned over a long time giving mu returns that covered or close to the insane mu of beacons. When spending MU on a item never expect it to just give that same MU back. Using beacons when they first come out to me are like buying a gun at 200% and looting only eye oil.

And a few of the people here are the ones that feel the need to do everything first, leaving them whining when the slightest thing is not to there precise expectations. The game evolves and changes send support tickets, be patient, and maybe try walking out of your house its nice out there sometimes ;).

some of the replies I see here, give me the assumption that people are expecting the old system. The old system was balanced and fined tuned over a long time giving mu returns that covered or close to the insane mu of beacons. When spending MU on a item never expect it to just give that same MU back. Using beacons when they first come out to me are like buying a gun at 200% and looting only eye oil.

And a few of the people here are the ones that feel the need to do everything first, leaving them whining when the slightest thing is not to there precise expectations. The game evolves and changes send support tickets, be patient, and maybe try walking out of your house its nice out there sometimes ;).

I don't think there is a better place than this forum for a constrictive criticism. Also what I have posted has nothing to do with return. My thoughts were only about experience and fun during a beacon. Is it a first stage of this new system? Yes fine I agree but hey this is the place where you should write what you expect and what it should look like (at least until the voting system comes out). So yes I can repeat one more time new system lacks almost everything what it used to be greatest in it, at least in this stage and right now. Crossing fingers they will actually hear us out and improve it.

You should try testing new systems before implementing it to your costumers, and time after time letting us be the one who takes the damage of a flawed system.

I have no Idea how you can have a way of getting around consumers rights when it comes to these cases, what Im saying is that every time you implement a system that isnt coded correctly it cost us money (in 90% of these cases).

Please enlight me if I am way out wandering here??

P.S. Try to be more polite to us, I know there are some people in here that push to hard with the wrong words etc.
But you are still the contact and face outwards for Mindark to us.

Thanks

/Nixon

Please give some info Kim.

Thanks

Back