• Total voters

~ thebuzz ~

Stalker
Banned
Society
cK Shadows
Tom thebuzz Christensen
Marriage Alter in EU
I would like MindArk to add something in the game - like an Marriage Alter, with priest and everything, so I can get formally wedlocked to my fiancée in game as we also will be IRL.

We will be married IRL the 27th of June 2009, and would also like our "virtual selfs" to be married as we are in real life.
How this could be done, would be to add a place, maybe like memorial island, where people could book a time - like event planing (copy some of the code from there), and find an real romantic environment.

I don't really know how this should be done, but of course it should be kind of like in real life (as I know it), it would be something with rings being shifted, 2 witnesses, and a document that you are married to this and this person.

When marriage completes, you get an ATH or HOF look alike public statement,
Mizz Kwanie Loca accepted Tom thebuzz Christensen hand, and they are now both joined in holy materiomony in EU. Congratulations!!!
And over your head where it normally says Name, Soc > U would have 2 rings merged together also flying next to name - so U are "owned" :)

ringe.gif

These are our rings, bought in Side, Turkey

This is my simple, but yet huge request for MindArk - as I live two different lifes... IRL and IN GAME.. I would like to be "married" both places...

Please

Last edited:
sweet idea ...hope it turns out to be true and MA do implement it :0

"mister XXX YYY ZZZ is the first colonist to discover that marriage isn't that much fun as being single"
... joking :)

But sweet idea :thumbup:

allready married but i would love to attend to a virtual marriage.

I think that its an awesome idea. Especially after how Compusmurf proposed to Softhart during the end of summer party.

For Hire >> Divorce Lawyer @ Boxes :silly2:

would be neat... and there already is a wedding ring ingame, just the one though ..

Would divorce appear in global channel too?

"owned" :nutkick:

It will be a nice "to have" and it will be a nice subject for some magazines :D

"owned" :nutkick:

It will be a nice "to have" and it will be a nice subject for some magazines :D

And my fiancée and me would be happy to be the first to be REALLY ingame married - and be the public rabbits that MA want to promote their ingame new invention on :laugh:

Wedding singer for hire@boxes...
Could also act as wedding crasher

For the virtual world part Go for the mmo tsk tsk :D

Great idea, should be here allready.

Pathetic....
Nothing else to add.

Sil$

Pathetic....
Nothing else to add.

Sil$

off topic:yes you are
On topic: I have seen the marriage option in another MMORPG i used to play , there all you had to do was to contact the GM`s plan the event.Give invitations to whom ever you wanted to invite and at the planned time all the guests were teleported in a special area.You had priests and rings and all kind of stuff like in rl.
I dont see any reason why they woulnd put that here too.
But instead of writing it on the forum you may want to open a support case and ask :).GL

if there already is proposal emotion in EU,
Then marriage should be here too ... :scratch2:

sweet idea ...hope it turns out to be true and MA do implement it :0

I don't hope so.

Each time MA fulfill our wishes it turns out bad for us.

MA is like Elisabeth Hurley in Bedazzled, if they implement something like that, i'm sure you have pay decay higher than you paid for your RL marriage. Like a special marriage tax, or a MA priest necessary for 20k PED / hour, or decay because you have to put your ring off when attaching gloves...

Therefore I don't tell any wishes anymore.

if there already is proposal emotion in EU,
Then marriage should be here too ... :scratch2:

Yep, but there's no "OHH YES BURT!!! *tears*" emote.

Wedding ring got looted long ago.

The wedding fee will be 5000 PED. (I hope)

great idea :)

great idea :)

its a fucking game for real... go have ur internetz marriages to runescape

Doesn't bother me either way really but who am i to step on someone else's dreams?

Yep i'll give it the thumbs up if it makes someone happy.

And congratz etc Tom. Hope you have many happy years ahead of you.

I reckon it would be pretty cool to "attend".

What if you wanna divorce again? :D Will MA withdraw like 1k peds from your PED card for lawyers etc? :deal:

BTW: If you can have a marriage, you should also have shared estates (between both partners), beds where you can actualy lie down in and of course have sex. :inbed: + :whip: > :kos: > :baby:
(Sex should work without being married too. :D )

It's not a bad idea, but nothing I would really need. With all those female avatars being guys in RL this makes me shudder actualy. :eek: :scared:

I'm sure it can be done, after all NeverDie had a wedding ceremony in game ;)

There are already tuxedos, gowns, the emote to propose and a wedding ring... Perhaps MA had this idea in mind, just another unfinished project like "The Egg"

I totally support this idea, being a newly wed myself. Having a ceremony in game would have allowed our soc mates and anyone else who would have liked to witness that occasion and even take part. For many people, the friends we make in EU are like a second family.

The Accepting of " Do you take this avitar to be your Virtual Husband/Wife"? , could be as easy as clicking YES/ Accept like you would in a team invite. Both parties accept and the HoF swirlies appear with a global message in the all chat(as already suggested).

ConGratz on your engagement, you've got my support! :hug:

why dont you use the thorifoid temple? I mean we are the aliens in EU and its time to "assimilate" with the native habbits (and hobbits) :D

Great idea, we can have engagements at 1/2 price, and we know they'll be alot of those; Crush at 1/4 price, which you can initiate on anyone, male or female, and if they don't accept your crush, then you get stalker status, and MA take away 10k peds and put you in a prison.

Next Vu, Mistress update, so you really can live two lives in your second life (ehh I mean... well you know what I mean).

Being married decays, in that every day u love them a little less, eventually everything you say appears in the partners screen, with opposite meaning. Then a divorce can be initiated, where you loose all items and only the tt value is returned and split 1/2's.

Great idea, but I'll wait for the pre-nup update ;)

how many wives could I have? :p

Good idea though !

very nice idea buzz!it very nice to merry my girlfriend in game too!
but if it costs so much as in rl no ty!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Marriage is an outdated mode that nobody takes seriously anymore.

I suggest that you and this hussy of an avvy just share an apartment together. That way, if you get irritated with each other, you can just leave...no commitment.

I would also highly suggest keeping seperate ped accounts. If she wants to buy curtains, and get her hair done, she can do it with her own peds....not your hunting peds.

I would also get a pre-nup signed, specifying that any HOFs go to you.

Just our luck... MA will impliment pregnancy before marriage... then you are up a creek.

"Are you divergent too, friend?"

yeah it's a wonderful idea :)

Be careful what you wish for. Depending on where you live, she may be entitled to half of your HOF's and ATH's if you divorce....;)

Back