Merry Mayhem Winners List

I simply thing ma/fpc can still improve upon it.

Of course, but how to balance it so it's not biased towards people who already own the best equipment. FPC still want people to spend a lot.

Melee only ? :D

Gratz to my friend lorfat! woot! :yay:

Oh, and einstein, too bad, that was close.. and what about that guy in cat 1 that finished in 4th? he still had 2 hours left!

c to the mother f**ckin K to the mother f**kin s....

You are Badass and we love u..

x

Last edited:
Gratz to the winners :yay:

and to the runnerups, better luck next time :better:

S V :tiphat:

Is anyone listed in the top 10 who did it solo?
I did !! :)

No one to tag, damage, nor fap. Did it 100% Solo, using regular gear, keeping the usual chat in soc, responding do several PM's from friends, chatting with everyone who addressed me on the hunting field during the event, making the usual stoppage by the auction to put some of the loot for sale, etc, etc. Ofc, always with an eye on the clock :p

The result was:
Cat 4
Mob: Chomper
Armor: Ghost
Fap: Ek-2350 (and occasionally the Sk-80 / 120)

Total cost : 100 US Dollars (even though I got only 1 global during my first 10 hours in the event)
Prize: Mayhem Helmet

Would like to add a special word to my friends in game:
I had several friends offering to help me, which I always appreciate, but as I've explained to you, I wanted to do the Merry Mayhem just like I've always done it. And that is Solo ! In any case, I Thank you guys!!! You know who you are :)

looking at category 1 winners i now know why I couldn't find more than 3-4 mobs...luckily i gave up soloing this real fast and went for bibo stalkers :)
gratz to all the winners !

Gratz everyone :)

gratz to all !!

and special gratz to Kydde.. was a pleasure to help a lil.

in cat 4 it looked like there were only 6 teams i assume place 7 to 10 are solo.

Gratz to all 39 other winners. ;)

5 more merry mayhems to go to complete my set.

Cheers
Siam

in cat 4 it looked like there were only 6 teams i assume place 7 to 10 are solo.

Gratz to all 39 other winners. ;)

5 more merry mayhems to go to complete my set.

Cheers
Siam

9th Place was also with support.
And yes, only 5 years to complete my set too :yay:

Gratz to all winners :)

Category 3
Name - Points - Time - Prize

1. Doug Blond Wana - 89,120 - 29h52m - Mayhem Helmet + Land Area

We pwnt thoz stupad hobbats! :yay::wtg::tux::beerchug:

---

And more cK family...

3. Andova andie the Wise - 49,329 - 29h48m - Mayhem Helmet + Full set of Martial Armor, SGA Edition

7. Chipi Chipiron Chipinota - 12,135 - 28h3m - Mayhem Helmet

Category 4
Name - Points - Time - Prize

4. Scott DoctorH Joel - 22,285 - 29h36m - Mayhem Helmet

:yay::wtg:

and gratz Dessa :D

9. Dessa Dessa Dj - 888 - 23h11m - Mayhem Helmet

and MA must have worked overtime on a Friday. :eek::holyshit::jawdrop:

weee

weee

W2S, a very young soc, got placed with Samanta Samanta Green

Of course, but how to balance it so it's not biased towards people who already own the best equipment. FPC still want people to spend a lot.

Melee only ? :D

Limited gear only as I'd suggested.

Thnx

I did not add anything in quote I only removed less important text

No problem, you guys earned a victory. Saying it was Art of War winning would be inaccurate as there were many other helpers was my main point. We also had helpers, it was the nature of this year's Mayhem. Personally I didn't even find it monetarily worth it for 1st or 2nd based upon the number of people needed to place there. Look at 3rd place and you'll see that we could have just coasted to 2nd without much effort.

Second place was where we knew we would get within the first 3 hours to be honest. I'd said this all PRIOR to the contest also so I'd hope that all would know this isn't a whining post about placing 2nd (which isn't anything to be upset about anyway). Second is just fine, we did profit a bit but not really worth the time based upon the number of hours and the time of year Mayhem falls upon. I'd much rather have been hunting for SGA and trying to loot some of the final SGA items during that time. Since my society mates have helped me in the past 2 Mayhems, I tried to give back my help for someone else to win this year. With the Crystal Palace auction I couldn't be the main gunner anyway.

I'm proud of M2S and all our helpers for a job well done. I'm equally proud to see that AoW rose to Mayhem to defeat us. It proves there is still some competition out there - even if I'm not fond of the rules, they followed them and succeeded. I don't consider anyone who participated in this contest a "loser" just because they didn't get 1st, 2nd, or 10th place. I just feel that a long term solution to how this contest can remain competitive for those who don't have big socities needs to be figured out by MA/FPC. It is a difficult task but one I'm sure they can solve eventually (maybe during the next 5 mayhems). :)

Thanks to the non-M2S helpers & W2S helpers: Addz, Amara, Atami, chelle, CycoKick, Elena, heehaw, HuntingN8, JC, Kazanori, Lisa, Lootersilver, Marmac, Max Power, Moogle, Nox, Ozi, Rick Ninja, Ruchnik, Sammy2004, Skullseige, unaGriph, Urso, and anyone else I've left out. You guys did a great job and it was a pleasure to work with you.

Honestly - And I'm saying this as winner of cat2.

This years MM was total crap - I really feel Einstein pain on this one, I know what my losses were, and it was very close to 30k peds, and I had a 6k pedder and a 1500pedder... So I can't imagin how sad this must make Einstein feel, even if he only lost 20k ped...

I really think Teaming should be disalowed next year.
Good post

Firstly a big gratz to all the winners.

We never came in the top 10 however we fought near and around were Einstein was during the whole MM and I too was surprised that he was not higher. Einsteins team looked very impressive from our view. It makes one realise the effort the 3 top teams put in to win.

Roughly calculating at 5 points per kill thats approximately 607 kills p/hr for team 1 and Einstein team 2 approx 442 and hour.

The lowest team 10 therefore would have averaged 243 an hr.

From my rough calculations I had expected our kills to be around the lower figure. Cant wait till the final scores came out to see what we actually scored.

We had a five man team, (Thank you Guys) most of the time while no Hoffs had many globals so costs where down to around 15k. Still a substancial amount to lose in 5 days :)

The winners deserve all the accolade they get. It was hard work out there and every spot was a hard fought battle.

Gratz again to all.

Jung

Last edited:
Gratz to all winners and everyone who took part.

Let's hope next year FPC improve the event.

We must be able to monitor and enforce the rules stipulated. If we just add such a rule in text it would be obeyed by 99% of the participants, but 1% would test and abuse it, ruining the event for everyone. FPC is requesting additional monitoring tools for future events though.
The rules are as-is and will not change for this year's Merry Mayhem. It will most certainly change when the next Mayhem event comes along though.

Grats to the winners of shemozzle mayhem 2009 :)

Let us hope FPC (inc MA) can manage some quality development work and investment to allow a fair and balanced mayhem for 2010+.

2010 marks a new year and decade, maybe we can leave the joke FPC (inc MA) has made of such historically personal competitive events buried in 2009.

Link > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/175235-dreamly-mayhem.html

. Holds Breath. < Most likely to suffocate in the process of waiting for FPC/MA to do something right without looking for a way to excuse the fuckup by saying it was intended after the fact. :rolleyes:

It is a shame the confidence of so many has been shattered in place of so few in events in 2009.

Last edited:
You forgot many others who helped I think. ;) I do not recall that many people in your society. I long for the day that this is a single or limited amount of people per team event. Picking up more people means more chance to "win" but a lesser prize (assuming you guys are fairly rewarding your helpers :p ). Grats on the win for your society & your numerous helpers. I suppose after your costs for helpers, the Land Area will break down when split to a similar value as the Eon will when split with less people. This was most of the logic we used when deciding whether to pursue more helpers. Ultimately, we decided to keep it to a 12 man team with medics for most of the event. Perhaps we should have gone for more people but trying for the win would have been more for bragging rights this year rather than for financial gain.

I don't fault you for using the rules as they were to find the best way to win. The win is a feat of stamina and skill but still hinges upon numbers which i find deminishes the strategy (but that is just my opinion). I am not trying to take anything away from what your group did to win - it was well done and I appreciate that you also had skill. I simply thing ma/fpc can still improve upon it.

funny that u asume we had so many helpers when 13-15 a session was aow and maybe 5-7 helpers where as u had a blob of 40 green dots at some point with maybe 10 of em from m2s + 10 of em fapping u probly had more people in the long run but quantiy does not beat quality

o and dont get me started on ure bs tactics for slowing us down

not saying we dident have more some sessions but u make it sound like we had 20 helpers

ps helpers will be named and thanked later i am bad with names and have to ask for em :p

Last edited:
weee

W2S, a very young soc, got placed with Samanta Samanta Green

And:

2 UafUaf BauBau HaulesBaules - 96,591 - 29h54m - Mayhem Helmet + Full set of Boar Armor, SGA Edition in Category 1 ;)

Big grats Dessa :D and all winners

Gratz to the winnners and gz to the rest for getting lower prices on uberarmor.:yay::yay::yay:

/Arwen

gratz the question is will anyone profit with there prizes?

Farglorn Snowflake Llwellyn - 2,160 - 4h.58m - Mayhem Helmet :confused:

Congratulations to you all :wtg:

Shocked..

I wasn't even competing. Chasing loot but that's about it. I did the same as fellow Dark Knight Lorfat ;) I chatted with soc mates, chatted in PMs, even just stood logged in staring at auction quite a few times! I did it solo which I'm proud of..even if it's dead 10 in Cat 3..no help, no fapper, no taggers. I must've been at the wrong spawn though or something because I never saw any of those big teams lol

Congrats to all the winners and a special shout out to my cK/cKs pals ;) You guys rock!

it be really cool to have the list updated with soc/team names. I dont think the whole team thing was sooo bad really. I'd like to see a team event be made more official though.

This have been almost as exciting as watching Tour de France or weight lifting ind the old days, where one recored after another got beat, and all knew they was juicing.

Ok ok i know it was allowed to have a team with one looter, but pffff :rolleyes:

Anyway gratz to the winners and even more so to those in top 10 that soloed

GZ to all winers...looks like SFC MM was disqualified :) from cat2

Back