FYI: Mining Enhancer breaks on 1st drop

Yes, it broke on first drop. Got a range enhancer level 1 and it broke on 1st drop. Payed over 40ped for it. I know intervals are random but never thought it could be 1 to X interval. Bad bad MA.:argue:

Can you let us know the mining setup you were using? It seems it's not "intervals" to break, but random chance each use to break. Other enhancers seem to be .1% or less each use, but between you and Ace, these look possible much worse. Sorry for your terrible luck :(

A bit of FYI for peeps

Tried two enhancers on mining

1st broke after 2 bombs
2nd broke after 1 bomb

Time for me to leave the enhancers for other players now

Wishing you all the best

Ace

Can you tell us what enhancers they were, and what your mining setup was? Were both same enhancer, or different enhancers used at the same time? Your bad luck is of such amazing degree (pretty much 1/1million) that it really leads me to think there is a bug with mining enhancers (or that you just posted this for trolling purposes.)

Still a noob, but at this point enhancers aren't looking so great... They are way too expensive to break so soon.

I suspect they made it random in order to reduce server load. With random the database only needs to be updated once every xxx click, with fixed consumption it would need to be updated every click. Imagine the load of a tier 10 item full with enhancers.

Can you let us know the mining setup you were using? It seems it's not "intervals" to break, but random chance each use to break. Other enhancers seem to be .1% or less each use, but between you and Ace, these look possible much worse. Sorry for your terrible luck :(

Can you tell us what enhancers they were, and what your mining setup was? Were both same enhancer, or different enhancers used at the same time? Your bad luck is of such amazing degree (pretty much 1/1million) that it really leads me to think there is a bug with mining enhancers (or that you just posted this for trolling purposes.)

No problem, i didnt give a complete picture earlier on, but it was my bed time ;)

I used vrx2 101 amp, first enhancer was a level 1 mining depth, then no enhancers for approx 700 bombs, 2nd enhancer was a level 2 depth

Rgds

Ace

No problem, i didnt give a complete picture earlier on, but it was my bed time ;)

I used vrx2 101 amp, first enhancer was a level 1 mining depth, then no enhancers for approx 700 bombs, 2nd enhancer was a level 2 depth

Rgds

Ace

Sorry for your just unbelievable back luck with breaking enhancers :(

Depending on your search depth, though, it looks like perhaps you caught a break with them dying so quick: Enhancers not working

Oh, and be sure to submit a support case--with how bad these things are working right now, they might be willing to give you the enhancers back.

Here's a question for all of you people saying you won't use enhancers because they break randomly....

its an interesting question. but really, mob and weapon damage is not random, its determinable within a range. with tears we have no idea what the range is. no one would hunt a mob that did 1-100 damage or use a weapon that was 1-100, other than maybe a few PvPers might find the benefit and dont care for eco.

Wouldn't surprise me if mining enhancers have a higher probability to break too.

Since they have higher probability to tear up. (both my finders with TIR 50-something got to 0.9 in a bit over 100 drops)

its an interesting question. but really, mob and weapon damage is not random, its determinable within a range. with tears we have no idea what the range is.

This is true, now knowing the upper range makes it difficult at this point to make a sensible judgement on the usefulness of the enhancers. We will know more eventually though.

no one would hunt a mob that did 1-100 damage or use a weapon that was 1-100, other than maybe a few PvPers might find the benefit and dont care for eco.

I don't see why, as long as the figures were such that it was worthwhile on average. Clearly a weapon that does 1-100 would be much worse than one that did 50-100 if the decay/ammo were the same on both, but a 1-100 weapon with lower decay could actually work out better than the 50-100 one.

And mobs that do 1-100 damage isn't too different from what is possible now, given the right combination of mob and armour. Plenty of people hunt Hogglo despite getting hits from 1-80 or something similar.

its an interesting question. but really, mob and weapon damage is not random, its determinable within a range. with tears we have no idea what the range is. no one would hunt a mob that did 1-100 damage or use a weapon that was 1-100, other than maybe a few PvPers might find the benefit and dont care for eco.

I would have no serious issues using those kind of weapons or hunt those kind of mobs. I do agree though that there should be a bit more info on those enhancers. But it has always been MA's policy not to say anything about anything. In the beginning we also didnt know armor decay, damage range and hit rate of weapons or damage range and damage type of mobs. It all had to be figured out by testing. And currently some of those things are still not fully understood.

I'm pretty sure, as the cost of materials are high at the moment, there will be no practical use for Enhancers.. other than PVP.

I imagine across a stack of 100 Enhancers, the amount of uses would be pretty even for everyone. I dont think the system is made to have 1 used at a time :)

Once prices on components/ores/enmaters come down, we will see the true value this system holds !

I wouldnt hunt a mob that radomly did dmg between 1 and 1000, would you? or fire a gun that randomly break? Naw, make the enhancers L and with a fixed tt value that decay like everything else ingame.

You mean amplifiers, right? We already have those.
In this case we are talking about supadupa brand new ENHANCERS. Since the introduction and for the next months to come this system mostly enhances MA/FPCs income.

Indeed because we are labrats, indeed because new technology/systems within EU always are expensive in their early days.
Eventually things will be balanced out and lots of people will be using the Enhancer system at fair rates and with a better understanding of the system.

So no need to change them to something that we already have. Also no need to complain that one has lost 40 ped on 1 Enhancer. It's all part of the introduction phase of new stuff in EU. As long as MA/FPC doesn't hire a couple of dozen test-monkey and starts delivering finished products/systems, it will all come down on our shoulders and pockets :laugh:

In this case we are talking about supadupa brand new ENHANCERS. Since the introduction and for the next months to come this system mostly enhances MA/FPCs income.

Indeed because we are labrats, indeed because new technology/systems within EU always are expensive in their early days.
Eventually things will be balanced out and lots of people will be using the Enhancer system at fair rates and with a better understanding of the system.

Mmm...ok.. but, whether you buy it at TT price or MU 50k%, MA profit just the same ammount, so what has the early expensiveness got to do with MA's profit?

So no need to change them to something that we already have. Also no need to complain that one has lost 40 ped on 1 Enhancer. It's all part of the introduction phase of new stuff in EU. As long as MA/FPC doesn't hire a couple of dozen test-monkey and starts delivering finished products/systems, it will all come down on our shoulders and pockets :laugh:

Sure we have amplifers for dmg, however we dont have for mining tools/melee ect or for range on weapons, skillmods on melee/mining tools ;)

However, I still wont use the enhancers when the random range is so wide as to 1-1000+ uses. But u guys feel free to test it, let me know when they are safe to use and u can calculate eco on em :laugh:

On higher end stuff, 1pec a click for 10% bonuses is amazing.

It would be, if it were true.

The tests I've seen reported say the bonus is around 0.5%

Mmm...ok.. but, whether you buy it at TT price or MU 50k%, MA profit just the same ammount, so what has the early expensiveness got to do with MA's profit?

It has to do with cycling ped through the economy. Let's say you have your hunting gear fully repaired and ammo bought, there is still 40 ped on your card. MA/FPC won't get 1 pec from it since you don't use it.
But if you buy an Enhancer from these last 40 ped, then that means the ped get transfered to some other avatar.

Then MA/FPC can get income from 2 sources:
1. Your enhancer that eventually will brake and it's tt-value immediately goes to MA/FPC.
2. The other avatar will probably undertake new actions with the 40 ped that he/she got from you. Making income from decay/losing with crafting as well.

This effect on the economy and MA/FPCs income ofcourse is much higher then shearly selling the Enhancer for (a little above) tt. Let's 50 pec transferred from one avatar to another don't make much difference.

Then there is a 3rd reason:
There are quite some people that like to play and experiment without minding cost to much. These people deposit to get the new stuff. There is a higher deposit needed for buying a few Enhancers at 40 ped then there is for buying them at 50 pec.
As soon as the deposit is in game it starts generating decay and other income for MA/FPC.

If high Market Values wouldn't make any difference to MA/FPCs income, then all the über gear wouldn't be so expensive. It's so expensive to make people that want the stuff deposit large sums. As soon as the money is ingame, MA/FPC will start taking their share from it.

What Kemp said.
I would also add other benefits as well; when MA is using numbers to show investors, the press etc. how much money is in the game, and how well they're doing, do you think they say "There are xx million $ in the game; but we in fact benefit from only x%, since that's the TT value of things"? I don't think so; they benefit from ALL PED in the game, one way or another (which is OK by the way).

To get back to the topic, I have two things to say:
1. The way Enhancers work right now, no one will use them on an "industrial" scale. No one will go hunting/mining and buy they them like ammo/probes/bombs.
2. Random, is not really that random when is controlled by someone, directly or indirectly.

Yes, it broke on first drop. Got a range enhancer level 1 and it broke on 1st drop. Payed over 40ped for it. I know intervals are random but never thought it could be 1 to X interval. Bad bad MA.:argue:

This is very bad I feel for you but please tell us all the info around this event.

Ex: What finder, Tier rates on finder, TT value on finder etc etc. all info from the moment you attached it.

Hope we can get some info out of this.

GL out there feel for ya.

On the other hand, at a low markup a lot more people would use the enhancers. So I think that a low markup would benefit MA a lot more in terms of money cycling.

On the other hand, at a low markup a lot more people would use the enhancers. So I think that a low markup would benefit MA a lot more in terms of money cycling.

And exactly that they will have in the future. First cash much from the little people that try, then cash even more for a large amount of players that actually use.

And exactly that they will have in the future. First cash much from the little people that try, then cash even more for a large amount of players that actually use.

They're probably still balancing the system as we speak. I don't think it will be a total rip off. I tiered my karma killer and use the accuracy enhancers i crafted myself with my own materials. I could have gotten peds for the markup but i really like to try this system.

I get around 1K shots per enhancer at 40 pec tt. This would make the economy around 0.04 pec per shot extra for 2% more crits. I think if you take the tt value, it will be more eco to use enhancers. This has to be tested more accurately though. But with some balancing/tweakinf from MA this could be a good system :)

I really look forward to tiering my armor sets (starting with my gremlin)

After reading the reasons why people are annoyed at MA for high MU on the enhancers. I have to say: You are all totallly paranoid and deluded.

Whitte is the only one with sense. MA would make more if the values were at TT. ATM crafters are profitting hugely from them, miners are profitting quite nicely from them, and hunters are also profitting at lower lvls from blazars.

= more ped on most peoples card.

The only losers in this cycle are the dipshits buying them at 40ped per enhancer. These dipshits are generally the type of player who has tons of ped to burn and does it ANYWAY. Or are you telling me that a $15 a month opallo hunter will buy enhancers at $4 a pop, JUST because they exist? And if they do, that is tottally MA's fault?

No.

Also, the reasoning behind what your saying is just. SO. Flawed.

"If people have fully repaired armor and 40ped on card, the 40 ped isn't used.." or whatever.

Why are you even assuming that reparing your armor gives money to MA, when you could easily then TT your armor and take it back? It is the same as having it on your card! It's just another version of having it ingame. As far as I see, MA can only make money from you using your items. When your enhancers are consumed, armor actually decays, ammo in burned etc. Not when you click OK on a Trade terminal or repair terminal, or especially, an Auction Buyout button.

The reason Uber items have extreme MU is not because MA want people to deposit huge sums, but because, despite all your paranoid bickering, EU is a game, and some items are BETTER than others. Also, even from a basic business point of few, items like MODFAP cycle too little PED per use compared to other items with good healing stats. Same with MM and other 'uber items'. They are rare primarily because they are cheap for the using player on a TT level, and because they give another layer to the game.

Who knows, maybe there is other causes for getting lots of money into the game, like the CP auction etc, but I don't know. In most cases, the guy who sells uber gear won't cycle the PED earns, he will withdraw it. Same with the people who failed to get CP, yes some may invest in other things like shops etc, but most will just withdraw it. Not many people like to sit on thousands of $ in-game.

Just think about yourself for one second. If you looted and sold a Modfap for 200k ped, would you cycle the 200k ped, or would you withdraw the $20k usd, or at least half of it!

Reactions: Ast
Back