FYI: Mining Enhancer breaks on 1st drop

Mikass

Marauder
Masak Mikass Keer
Yes, it broke on first drop. Got a range enhancer level 1 and it broke on 1st drop. Payed over 40ped for it. I know intervals are random but never thought it could be 1 to X interval. Bad bad MA.:argue:

i feel sorry for you man, and i have said that as long as they decay randomly i will never use them. :rolleyes:

Did you craft it yourself? What amp? If you don't craft them yourself, how can you know they are not used yet...

Did you craft it yourself? What amp? If you don't craft them yourself, how can you know they are not used yet...

Unamped. Not crafted it myself but bought directly from Auktuma, one of the most respected crafters ingame that only crafts and doesn`t do anything else(mine or hunt or other activities).

Unamped. Not crafted it myself but bought directly from Auktuma, one of the most respected crafters ingame that only crafts and doesn`t do anything else(mine or hunt or other activities).

Pretty sure I saw some mining globals from him. (even though tracker missed them) + this looks like mining to me
Kestutis MADsterLT Timinskas 54,356 PED

But that would all be theory on how enhancers work, whether it's truly random.

Maybe you killed a kitten or something.

Yeah, and stop blaming the system. If you pay 4k%+ for something worth TT, remember MA didn't force you to buy it.

Pretty sure I saw some mining globals from him. (even though tracker missed them) + this looks like mining to me
Kestutis MADsterLT Timinskas 54,356 PED

Wtf u talking about?:scratch2: I said Auktuma not kestutis whatever.

Yeah, and stop using the system.

corrected for you.

what does it matter if someone has used the item 5 or 500 times before, if you buy somthing and dont know how many uses you'll get thats a pretty major flaw in a supposedly skill based game. or plain old random.

actually you're quite right, MA doesnt force us, so we should learn the lesson on enhancers and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

if the enhancer consumption is truly random, it does not matter if the crafter used it for 1k uses. for you, the item is exactly as if it were in mint condition. you still have the same chance to consume the item at every use. you simply had bad luck.

i agree, thou, that MA should clarify how things work, at least the very basic principles. otherwise, they are risking that the tier system will never be accepted massively by the players. at least, they should clarify:

- whether or not the consumption is truly random (i.e. items don't keep state, and they are consumed within a given probability)

- what is this probability, and if it is the same or not, for all enhancer types

the second clarification probably could be interesting if they don't disclose it, and it is for us to figure out, but in that case, they should balance things so enhancers had a proper price to experiment with stacks with a big enough size to create statistical results of any value.

I pretty clear that each enhancer have some % chance to break with each use, thats why it can break at the first drop, so not so strange. But not fun when it happen. But the enhancers is meant to be consumed in bigger packs, not one by one.

corrected for you.

what does it matter if someone has used the item 5 or 500 times before, if you buy somthing and dont know how many uses you'll get thats a pretty major flaw in a supposedly skill based game. or plain old random.

actually you're quite right, MA doesnt force us, so we should learn the lesson on enhancers and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

well, the depth increase enhancers can be of good use in my opinion.

I pretty clear that each enhancer have some % chance to break with each use, thats why it can break at the first drop, so not so strange. But not fun when it happen. But the enhancers is meant to be consumed in bigger packs, not one by one.

Exactly. That's why you can stack them on the item, unlike amps.

Exactly. That's why you can stack them on the item, unlike amps.

Exactly but now my point. Go thru my first post and you`ll see.

My point is random interval should be different, such as say 100-1000 not 1-1000 or whatever. Most of these sell at at over 4$. You can basically burn one with zero benefit and bye bye 4$/click. Really retarded.

I bought some of these for the sake of testing mostly. I think system is good overall but should be tweaked as this is really turning off people. How many players do you think can afford say 40-50 ehancers/slot at 45ped/each?

I have been helping get those things tested and they seem to mostly last around 130 ish clicks but a lot more testing needed. like on the accuracy enhancers I have seen one last 130 shots and one last 5151 shots

What was the TT of the enhancer?

Their not for me :dunno: SOC m8 bought some for his weapon accuracy and damage. Both broke on the 1st mob!!!! Fuc*&^ :censored:! He was upset to say the least...I will be avoiding this system until they cost as low as ammo if not lower...

Nice system MA!!!

I will be avoiding this system until they cost as low as ammo if not lower...

yah, i think the Randomness basicly kills any hope for a meaningful markup on these items in the long run.. sure they have amarkup now but all new tech does

My point is random interval should be different, such as say 100-1000 not 1-1000 or whatever. Most of these sell at at over 4$. You can basically burn one with zero benefit and bye bye 4$/click. Really retarded.

?

yep $4 per enhanser is retarded. :laugh:

Exactly but now my point. Go thru my first post and you`ll see.

You didn´t get it?

If there is fixed %chance (around 1-2%) that an enhancer breaks, that means it could break at first drop.
It also could work 1000 or more drops, if you are lucky ;)

Bad luck for you, but stop whinning :cool:

My point is random interval should be different, such as say 100-1000 not 1-1000 or whatever.

But that would require the item to have it's number of uses saved some where. So every enhancer would be an unique item. AFAIK no stackable items work that way. What you are asking is a combination of L-item and stackable. It would work as an L item for the first 100 uses and then sudenly turn in to an item that has a random chanse of breaking on each use. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

As others have pointed out, the enhancers are meant to be used in stacks. Having many of them and useing them over a longer period of time will even out the extrems.

Is it vastly overpriced and expensive at the moment? Hell yeah! But that's no reason to get upset over some bad luck on a gamble you choose to take. Just stay of the enhancers til the price hits a level you are comfortable with.

None said that 4k% is a good price. Maybe you are just a victim of a crafters need to profit?

I have been helping get those things tested and they seem to mostly last around 130 ish clicks but a lot more testing needed. like on the accuracy enhancers I have seen one last 130 shots and one last 5151 shots

130 is modal average? i thought it was nearer 1k. when looking at the economy recently, it looked bad for them at 1k uses with high markups. if its 130 sort of range thats basically 1pec a click even at tt prices and they will never be economic.

130 is modal average? i thought it was nearer 1k. when looking at the economy recently, it looked bad for them at 1k uses with high markups. if its 130 sort of range thats basically 1pec a click even at tt prices and they will never be economic.

On higher end stuff, 1pec a click for 10% bonuses is amazing. Anyway, so far, from my testing I can see clearly that mining finders tier up faster than guns/faps. I also think there is a difference between guns and faps too. It may be that all items have their own rules for tiering up.

This leads me to believe that the enhancers will most likely have a different "average" breaking point dependant on what type they are. E.g. I think Weapon attack enhancers must last a bit longer than mining depth enhancers, due to the fact that you click a lot more times a second with a gun than an ore finder, and it seems silly having them break every 5 minutes, but it seems silly having finder enhancers last days.

ouch! :(

will never use em until they remove the randomness :laugh:

A bit of FYI for peeps

Tried two enhancers on mining

1st broke after 2 bombs
2nd broke after 1 bomb

Time for me to leave the enhancers for other players now

Wishing you all the best

Ace

it's not the randomness that is bad, its' the darn markup on them, they cost way to much to make to be of any use to anyone. Make them cheaper and break the same way and voila ppl will use a buttload of them.

Here's a question for all of you people saying you won't use enhancers because they break randomly.

Do you only hunt mobs that hit at a constant damage rate, and use weapons that deal a constant damage rate?

Here's a question for all of you people saying you won't use enhancers because they break randomly.

Do you only hunt mobs that hit at a constant damage rate, and use weapons that deal a constant damage rate?

That's true, the big problem here is not randomness of break but the markup of items, all in entropia is random, loot is random, damage you take and deliver is random and so on...

MA is still testing this tier system so they keep the components, needed to produce enhancer in mass, expensive. Blazar fragments for example need to be drooped like Lyst, at first was only 1 drop/mob, now I got over 10/mob, once tier system is fully tested, by MA, probably they will adjust drop rate up to 100/mob and we'll have enhancers under 200%.

Till then we are just lab rats :rolleyes:

another question for the anti-random-consumption faction :silly2:

- guess MA makes the enhancers to last exactly 100 uses

- guess MA makes public that 1 enhancer disappear with a probability of 1 in 145 (which means that the probability of 1 enhancer lasting less than 100 uses is the same as the probability of lasting more than 100 uses, i.e., exactly 50%)

both models, on the long term, are pretty similar, in my opinion. the only difference is certainty vs. uncertainty.

In everything 100,000 people there is a dumbass :p
With so many people there are in the world, there are others who will try to rip off the dumbass to make profit.

I am just saying.

I wouldnt hunt a mob that radomly did dmg between 1 and 1000, would you? or fire a gun that randomly break? Naw, make the enhancers L and with a fixed tt value that decay like everything else ingame.

Back