News: Miss Calypso 2010 Winners

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
misschead.jpg

The two winners of the 6th annual Miss Calypso contest are true to themselves and their portrayed persona.

- Have faith in yourself, do what feels right to you. Don't let your friends tell you shouldn't wear a certain outfit. You have to do it your way. I had lots of opinions from friends saying certain outfits I chose weren't winning material, but I think it's best to do it the way you want. In real life I do select styles that have me being bold and standing out. So my in-game style does reflect the real me. However, I am more role-playing here as I talk about being EU's vampire princess.

That is the tip that this year’s winner, freelancer Kara RavenJade Summerwind, gives those who want to enter next year. She doesn’t just wear clothes. She wears a statement, and she believes it is that personal touch that has driven her to the top of the Calypso Fashion scene.

agentpinkmid.jpg

- You know I just stayed true to myself, and kept with the styles I always liked to define me. I almost didn't enter because masks are not back yet, and I didn't feel like I would be unique without my vampire face mask. So I just chose clothing styles that reflected how I see myself in this game. A Goth Vampire.

Contrasts
The dark mistress’ velvet walk was not the only style represented at the top. In strong contrast was the color-happy AgentPink, ending at a respectable second place. AgentPink stayed true to her name, and dark colors did not seem to fit into her schedule. Instead, she was a splash of fresh pink on the New Oxford catwalk, which was decorated with Miss Calypso 2010 banners for the occasion.

entropia-2009-11-22-22-11-18-29.jpg

After having been indoors a few years in the New Oxford Deer which disappeared with VU 10.0, the scene is once again outside in the daylight, like it was in the very beginning at the old Nymphtown catwalk. The day and night cycles are also new, and event-manager Singular was happy to announce that the event would take place under a shining sun.
The Miss Calypso contest is the longest running annual event, and many of its contestants are returning beauties. The competition is tough. RavenJade was a first-timer.

- When Singular called me up on stage as a winner, I thought he was joking. All the girls here looked so amazing; I really didn't think I had much of a chance. I can be shy at times so doing this was a big step for me, putting myself out there in a competition to be judged. So I was just happy that I went through with it.

midsectionmissc.jpg

Unique gown
She won a Unique Evening gown in a dark green color, and AgentPink received a wand. Both got diplomas to prove them as rightful winners of Miss Calypso and the titles that come with it. As soon as the lag lifted a little after the event ended, RavenJade quickly changed from her black and pink dress to her new unique dark green evening gown.

- It’s very beautiful. I'm very impressed by it and FPC's generosity.

This year was special in several ways. Following the competition was also a team of researchers from Florida State University and the Stockholm School of Economics. The intent is to study virtual buying habits, using a survey available here. It was also the first Miss Calypso since the CryEngine2 was implemented.

For the more masculine fashion-addicts out there, He-Man is set to December. Sign up here.

misscbottom.jpg

Last edited:
The dress:

More misc pictures from the event:

:woot: Grats to the winners this year.

Nice one RJ
Saucy :D

Awesome! Congrats RJ! :yay:

:yay: sweet grts winners :yay:more so Jenn ;)

Congrats RJ. You deserve it! :yay:

hey can ask who was the judge? :confused:

The dress:

More misc pictures from the event:

I love the snaps :) but gosh that winners dress sucks grtz Jade wear it with pride :laugh: ya lucky bugga :wtg:

Big gratz to you both :yay:

gz to all the winner's :)

:yay: Big Gratz to Raven and Pink!! Well done girls!!

Awesome night! Congratulations Raven, ....and Pink! :yay:

All the best

Jamhot

Gratz Raven! real nice look:)

Gratz to Raven Jade and Agent pink :D
But i also like to say that all other that participated did a awesome performance to :)
I know for sure i didnt like to be the judge there hehe ;)

Well done ones again Singular :)

both of you were my favorites for the day so I'm very happy to see that you both won. Despite the lag, it was a lot of fun. Congratulations to everyone, though, because everyone looked amazing.

It was a really enjoyable lookout from the spectator ranks.

I teamed up with a mate IRL and we watched the show together on his TV drinking beer and showing worst vulgar behaviour :silly2:

Gratz to the winners, well deserved, however too bad that only one (or in this case two) could win since there was real a lot of secks on the stage

:yay::yay: Big gratz to you RavenJade :yay::yay:

and to you AgentPink

It was awesome to look at all the outfits,
but i am quite yealous now actually. :)

I'm really really REALLY mad that I missed it... :mad: I couldn't make it and I am still kicking myself.

BIG gratz to the two winners!

RavenJade, I heart you. :eek:

very nice :) :yay: viva la winnerss :yay::yay:

Congratz to all the winners! :)

So RJ won? But she did not get a wand, Instead a dress? That sucks :rolleyes:

AgentPink Also won??? But she did get a wand?

IM confused here :scratch2:

Gratz to the winners :yay: was a great event only hope my FPS will be a bit higher with the next event :scratch2:

gj on the article, I like it ;) and big gz to all the girls who participated :yay:

Gratz to RavenJade and AgentPink you both deserved it :D I also want to thank the judges for taking the their time to help with the event.:wtg: It must have been a very hard for them to pick a winner with so many great looking girls and outfits. and last Thanks everyone that came out to watch. This was my first fashion show and becuase of everyone cheering and the excitement I had a great time. I will be Definitely doing this again next year :yay:

Last edited:
Awesome event ones again! Gratz to winners and ty Skam for the report!

Big big Gratz to RavenJade and AgentPink ! Well deserved! :)

Many grats to the winners :)

Just sad i missed it :(

Big gratz RJ :yay: Miss calypso FTW!! :wtg:

Back