MONETA BANK -Twin temp. closed

Sonne

Old Alpha
Sonja Sonne 1st
Hi all !

just wanted to let you know that the Moneta Bank in Twin actually seems to be closed because of missing Maintenance Fee.

Hopefully the Owner reads it and checks it out.
No idea who is Owner.

Just want to post this ;)

regards

Sonne

Ps: I allready wrote a PM to Moneta Banker via Forum.

Last edited:
that must be a bit of a worry if someone has a loan expiring soon and wants to pay it off. i wonder if this possibility is covered in the system?

Where is that popcorn smilie...

EDIT: Thanks Acronoid =)

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Maybe the fee is to high ?

could be the affects of the world-wide credit crunch? seems to be affecting a lot of banks lately.

maybe Moneta has links to the sub prime mortgage markets in the US?

wtf :eek:

I always stated that bank won't be economical...

:popcorn: --> : popcorn : if you where asking :D

There should be a system in place that you can repay your loan whenever bank maintenance fee is payed or not.

Otherwise a bank could be used for getting items very cheap.... Not paying the fee for over 1 month would acquire all items that are lend out. :eek:

first bank who bites the dust? :cry:

buying bank deed 10 ped @ TP #D

but i haven't thought that 5 pawn shops, cough, errr, banks
could be profitable all at once

even considering that out of our totally active 600 000 accounts the small % who needs a pawn sho, err, bank, could fill maybe 5 at once

wonder whats gonna happen :popcorn:

Otherwise a bank could be used for getting items very cheap.... Not paying the fee for over 1 month would acquire all items that are lend out. :eek:

If this possibility exists, and the owner sees the deals are not going ideal and at the same time has 2times more capital in colaterals than he invested in bank loan + no reputation to loose, Id consider it as a possibility.

I dont see in pawnshops business so I dont know for sure this situation can occure. (more peds in colateral than invested in bank licence and at the same time business not going too well)

Anyway, if there is a posibility to get players items by not paying the fee (bank closed>u cant repay your debts>item lost) I will need a popcorn too :D

first bank who bites the dust? :cry:

buying bank deed 10 ped @ TP #D

but i haven't thought that 5 pawn shops, cough, errr, banks
could be profitable all at once

even considering that out of our totally active 600 000 accounts the small % who needs a pawn sho, err, bank, could fill maybe 5 at once

wonder whats gonna happen :popcorn:
So 2 pawn shops gone, 3 left to go?

1st being Wirecard Bank. I'm not sure if it was ever started its businies.
2nd being the Moneta Bank i guess.

How about bets on the next pawn shop to close?
5 PED on Anshe Bank Entropia. Anyone betting on another bank?

P.S. Why i am not suprised that it's the russian bank who was the first of the 4 remaining/running banks?

Last edited:
1st being Wirecard Bank. I'm not sure if it was ever started its businies.

The Wirecard Estate Terminal still has MindArk registered as the owner, so the building has never been accessed by the true owner.

somebody pass the popcorn.

- ; )

its not the first time that bank is closed since it 'opened'

It is the SECOND time they neglect to pay the maintenance fee. The first time was 2 months ago if I remember correctly.
I think it is ridiculous for the BANKS to have maintenance fees anyway! It should have been included in the purchase price of the license (talk about nickel-and-dime). Is 300 ped per month per bank really going to break Mindark's bank?!? :laugh:
And don't start saying MA can't do it... the Chinese building at New Oxford doesn't have a maintenance fee, nor do the RDI offices in the RDI building at Port Atlantis.

I suggest someone who actually has an item pawned with the establishment in question raise a support case.

Should the Maintenance-Fee go unpaid, and a borrower default on the loan due to the bank being "closed," resulting in the bank repossessing many items, I would call that an exploit.

I think it would help if the "official MA line" was openly posted, here or on their own site, regarding what happens to unpaid loans that expire when a bank is closed due to an unpaid Maintenance-Fee.

Not knowing what happens does not inspire confidence in the banking system.

Should I ever use a bank, i will make sure I check the fee is paid up far enough in advance to cover my loan period.

300ped a month, give me a break MA. Why even add the fee, it's more trouble paying it then it's worth. Why not a one time fee of 5000ped instead.:confused:
much less hassle. btw, at the prices it went,you'd expect no fee at all, unless 30$ is the price is cost to run it on the server and it's accounted for that way in MA's bussiness plan. That would be it prolly

It is the SECOND time they neglect to pay the maintenance fee. The first time was 2 months ago if I remember correctly.
I think it is ridiculous for the BANKS to have maintenance fees anyway! It should have been included in the purchase price of the license (talk about nickel-and-dime). Is 300 ped per month per bank really going to break Mindark's bank?!? :laugh:
And don't start saying MA can't do it... the Chinese building at New Oxford doesn't have a maintenance fee, nor do the RDI offices in the RDI building at Port Atlantis.

300ped a month, give me a break MA. Why even add the fee, it's more trouble paying it then it's worth. Why not a one time fee of 5000ped instead.:confused:
much less hassle. btw, at the prices it went,you'd expect no fee at all, unless 30$ is the price is cost to run it on the server and it's accounted for that way in MA's bussiness plan. That would be it prolly

Banks also have nice big shops in them with lots of item drops available if they didn't have a maintenance fee it would be kinda crazy..

the TP Bank Moneta Bank is up and runing fee paid to 23/4/2008

It is important to remeber the consept of a bank.

When they go under everyone loses (execpt the ones at the top of the food chain). Most likely your dept will be forfit to MA. In some cases someone else may come in and by it out. There are many possibilities involved but one thing I would emagine is MA got theres up front.

Its no different than an article that was posted about resell and trade and the mindset involved about being had or not.

If you want to play the game there are risks (credit is credit and carries a big penalty if something goes wrong) and banking is one of the worlds most costly risks there is, thats true in rl and seems to be built into the EU enviroment as well. When they fail why should there be imunity in the game if you going to take part in it. Be as wise as a seprent .......etc.

You dont have to use a risk generating entity if you so choose not to

Krossteck

the TP Bank Moneta Bank is up and runing fee paid to 23/4/2008

lol,
I guess we might expect the same thing to happen again in one month. But seriously, what kinda banking is that? sure trust us with your valuable item that we will pawn for u at 1/4 of the actual price and they cant even pay their maintenance fee?? :rolleyes:

hm got no pm back til now from the owner ....

Good thing that I dont have use for :p

guys it was a bank holiday weekend afterall :rolleyes:

Here is what really happened:

Bank owner had no ped on his card, so he pawned the bank estate deed, but sadly he didnt eceived big enough loan for it to cover the maintance fee :laugh: To earn for fee he/she sweated a few days and now Bank is opened again. Now he/she sweats 23 hours per day to pay back the loan and to earn for next months fee :laugh:

And now seriously - what did bank owners expected? That all ubers will run to their pawn shops and leave full supremacy sets and other uber gear just to get a few ped that will be enough for 1 or 2 hunts??? Sounds like a joke to me... I think no reasonable player will use banks to get loan for pretty common items - risk is so high here and loot so "dynamic", thats it's better to sell the item and get more ped for it - if you profit thanks to that ped you can always buy that item again and if you lose, then at least more ped allows a bit longer fun and more skill gains. I know I'll never use banks in game - it's even cheaper to get a loan irl and depo here ;)

Funny reading this thread while a banner ad for the bank is displayed.

If I owned a bank, I would keep my maintenance fee paid for at least two months in advance to give my customers assurance that it would always be open at the time their payment is due.

Honestly, being russian and living in Moscow, I never heard about such payment system as Moneta. The last news on their site is dated november 2007. They don't even have real address, only post office box. There ain't even phone numbers on the site and the only possible contact method is a webform in the Support section.

The phone number used for registering "moneta.ru" domain is +1 309 2152794 - it's Illinois, USA (if the number is real).

lol lol and thrice lol :)

so has anyone actualy lost a item due to this?

Remember that MA has guaranteed these banks.
That was the whole point of the banking system.
So your stuff should be safe.

Perhaps the first test of this theory.

Back