My Current Experiences

StatikNode

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Chris Statik Andrews
Well, where to begin? Ah, yes! Introductions. :)

I'm StatikNode, and my avatar is now shortened to just Statik. I began playing a month ago, seeing that this was supposed to be a great experience, and that CryEngine is just amazing. Unlike many other noobs, I didn't join to make money, since I can provide myself income in other ways. I joined since this game is reputed to have an amazing "culture." And since I'm quite chatty, this seemed oh-so-perfect.

My first steps into EU began ~5 weeks ago. I started off wandering the areas, getting a feeling for the world. I got killed by a Sakubama, outran an Atrox, and chased a Gibnib into the water. I had no clue what the heck I was doing. Wandering to the north of Port Atlantis, I came across Nus Lull, by the river, and ran farther north to Billy's Spaceship. Approaching a rather large robot, I equipped my trusty VSK, and attempted to sweat it. Instead, I pissed it off, and it shot me. Haha

Rather annoyed with my experiences, I teleported back to PA, and began sweating Eraxosaurs, which weren't exactly a smart choice at the time. After many deaths and revivals, I had leveled up my skills quite a bit, and this helped me out a lot. It took me a little over a week to amass 1K of sweat, which is now rather long for me. Disappointed and impatient with my attempts to sell it, I decided to explore a bit, finding a better place to sell it. I started my trek eastboung, to Twin Peaks. It took me the better part of 3 hours to get there, but the time paid was rewarded with many map markers and TP's. Advertising my sweat was unsuccessful at first, since I was marketing at a 6PED price, which seemed fair for the time I had paid. Eventually, I lowered it down to 5, then 4.5, then all the way TO 4PED!

Being somewhat ignorant at the time, I sold it, and decided to buy myself the TT pistol (whatever it's called.) Going out hunting, I managed to kill 3-4 Exarosaurs, before my ammo supply was exhausted. Back to sweating again. But since I wanted help, in not always dying, I joined some teams. Eventually, some spammer invited me to join some society with a French name, and I did, but I didn't find help there. I left, and joined TKoC (amazing soc, guys :) ) and I got help very soon after. After sweating some more, and selling some more, for a higher price this time, I ran outside and hunted. I got fairly decent returns this time, allowing me to skill for a short time longer. This continued on, until I followed some team north, to Swamp Camp, and I began to get amazing sweats there. I could amass 1K in a few hours, and then this profit helped me out a lot. I would hunt, and try out mining (which failed miserably) in attempts to skill, and maybe get lucky.

Finally, I got a free set of armor (Bodyguard) but noticed its' fairly low protection, and decided to sell it. I took my returns, went mining and hunting, and got some satisfying mining drops. But then again, exhausting my supplies, I sold my equipment, and played the market, making some money on the new Blazar Fragments. Now, I've earned more money, and am going to deposit within the next few days.

With ups and downs, new things I've seen, and a kind atmosphere, (other than atroxes) I'm satisfied. I feel very optimistic, since I've had a good laugh with today's Argo Party at Twin Peaks, and with other events going on. I wish to one day join you higher level players, and create great new experiences in the Entropia Universe :D

Actually, I pinned it between a tree when it was chasing me hehehe

Well.. you lived! :laugh:

Lovely story, I wish you luck and keep enjoying those first few months, those memories are the best :thumbup:

Im not saying the rest isnt, it is!

1st year is special :D

welcome and enjoy the discovery phase ;)

My Brother,
I will help you with that discovery phase. Lets do some TP's soon.

:wtg::yay::wtg:

keep up the good work static:yay:

Welcome to Calypso
:guide:
You sound like the good spirited adventurer type we need

Merry
:xmas:

Hi!

Welcome to EF and EU!

Nice story, it reminded me alot. If you keep up the good attitude I forsee you a bright future :) :tower:

Welcome to calypso and EF ;)

Was fun to read about ur experience :laugh:

Good luck & Marry X-mas :xwink:

Hi and welcome :)

Advertising my sweat was unsuccessful at first, since I was marketing at a 6PED price, which seemed fair for the time I had paid. Eventually, I lowered it down to 5, then 4.5, then all the way TO 4PED!

It doesn't necessarily mean that your price is too high if no one wants to buy it.
It may simply mean that there is no one around who needs it at the time.

ps. In my experience standing and shouting selling sweat on the street is the worst possible way.

I must thank all of you very much for your kind responses.
And may I wish you a merry Christmas, and good luck in your travels. :)

Nice to read about your experiences. You seem to have already discovered the most important thing in Entropia: a good society. If you find a good group of people to play with then you will enjoy the game far morethan if you have to do everything on your own. Good luck with your playing.

Welcome in.

Firstly I want to just say Merry Christmas! Or other seasonal holiday of your choice.

I hate to be the downer in this thread, especially to a fellow noobie, but this just really is a pet peeve of mine.

You say you can provide yourself with other forms of income, right? How much do you make.... say 3$ an hour?

Then instead of spending the next 3 and a half hours that you would sweating, why not spend it to earn the 10$ needed for your first deposit? Then in about the same amount of time you would have made the equivalent of 20k sweat, more than enough to buy yourself a decent weapon and ammo to last for at least a full week of gameplay!

I know it's your choice, and that there exists some strange taboo against this, but seriously, you spend hours upon hours sweating when at minimum wage just 2 hours of work will increase your fun many fold?

Again, sorry for that and welcome in!

Welcome in.

Firstly I want to just say Merry Christmas! Or other seasonal holiday of your choice.

I hate to be the downer in this thread, especially to a fellow noobie, but this just really is a pet peeve of mine.

You say you can provide yourself with other forms of income, right? How much do you make.... say 3$ an hour?

Then instead of spending the next 3 and a half hours that you would sweating, why not spend it to earn the 10$ needed for your first deposit? Then in about the same amount of time you would have made the equivalent of 20k sweat, more than enough to buy yourself a decent weapon and ammo to last for at least a full week of gameplay!

I know it's your choice, and that there exists some strange taboo against this, but seriously, you spend hours upon hours sweating when at minimum wage just 2 hours of work will increase your fun many fold?

It can be quite important to just spend time playing the hard way and gain as much free skilling as possible, I have said many times newcomers...

"personaly, if i could start over again i'd sweat for at least a month before depositing"... for the most part EU ain't a game to be rushed :)

Welcome in.

What i think he means is that he does not See EU/PC as a way to make money and get rich by playing on a computer. reather that he has a real life job and so this is as a bit of fun rather than what some ppl think a way to get rich (That can happen of course if you have a lot of time of course and study the market).

I am just glad to see some one who has enjoyed their first few weeks and after the normal what i like to call headless chicken start. has found that they are enjoying themselves and has found their group with who they play with.

Nice OP from the TS + Rep

It can be quite important to just spend time playing the hard way and gain as much free skilling as possible, I have said many times newcomers...

"personaly, if i could start over again i'd sweat for at least a month before depositing"... for the most part EU ain't a game to be rushed :)

Why is it important to gain skills slower and have less fun?

I mean the only skill you get from sweating that you do not get from hunting is... well sweating, and there is virtually no good reason I can think of why anyone would want to raise their sweating skill above their hunting skills? (seriously, if I offered you a magic pill that will raise your sweating skill by 1 level, or your laser pistol skill by 1 level, which would you choose?)

In fact, you gain skills from hunting faster because you don't die from every mob if your soloing meaning you spend less time looking at a teleportation screen and more time gaining skills.

If you instead choose to sweat in a group, then mobs often will not be attacking you meaning your gaining no bonuses to evasion or anything of the sort.

I didn't do the math behind it, but I am pretty sure that if you spend 2 hours working for a deposit, and 8 hours playing the game, you will already have more skills than someone who just spends 10 hours playing the game...

AND you will have a cool weapon, armor, and the bonuses to skill gain apply to you from that point onward as well!

I'm sorry but saying "I would rather spend a month sweating if I joined fresh" is equivalent to someone saying "If I could start working at mcdonalds again, I think I would spend a month walking around looking for loose change full time before I man the cash register" ... there is no reason a rational sane person would do it.

What i think he means is that he does not See EU/PC as a way to make money and get rich by playing on a computer. reather that he has a real life job and so this is as a bit of fun rather than what some ppl think a way to get rich (That can happen of course if you have a lot of time of course and study the market).

I am just glad to see some one who has enjoyed their first few weeks and after the normal what i like to call headless chicken start. has found that they are enjoying themselves and has found their group with who they play with.

Nice OP from the TS + Rep

Oh yes, I did not misunderstand his point and I am glad that he realizes this game is not a money making scheme (quite the opposite really ;) )

And it is good that he is enjoying the game, he has a right to play this game any way he likes and I won't do or try to do anything to physically stop him...

but I still don't see why someone would choose sweating over hunting when A) hunting gives better skills, B) Both cost exactly the same, and C) Hunting is more fun.

Though I guess it may be in part C, some people may find sweating more enjoyable than hunting and may end up choosing sweating as a career even after they deposit?

but I still don't see why someone would choose sweating over hunting when A) hunting gives better skills, B) Both cost exactly the same, and C) Hunting is more fun.

Sweating is free and can fund hunting yes. but hunting in a way is not free as you have to buy the Weapon and the ammo (if Not Melee) then you have repair costs etc. Where as sweating is free from the start and stays free. in a way the only thing in the game where you can make pure profit from MA (If you TT your 1k of Sweat). yes i know that would be a complete and total waste fo time and effort for the sake of 1 PEC.

Ok think we are drifting from the topic of this thread, and that is the TS has come to PC and has enjoyed it and is likely to stay.

Just wish we had a few more ppl like this join in the great adventure that we have here

I mean the only skill you get from sweating that you do not get from hunting is... well sweating,

Courage and Concentration is gained from sweating too ya know ;)

Concentration being one of the harder skills to acquire in eu, at least in my humble opinion. i shouldn't say harder but one of the skills that isn't cheap to acquire.........

kosmos

Courage and Concentration is gained from sweating too ya know ;)

Concentration being one of the harder skills to acquire in eu, at least in my humble opinion. i shouldn't say harder but one of the skills that isn't cheap to acquire.........

kosmos

You still acquire it faster if you buy armor, so even if you do sweating professionally, it still makes no sense without a deposit.

Welcome on board.
Good to see that you have an ability to think, many new players lack it and are not able to learn unless someone helps them. You seem to have what it needs to know what you are doing. Gratz.

You still acquire it faster if you buy armor, so even if you do sweating professionally, it still makes no sense without a deposit.

not to sound argumentative but please show me how to get concentration from my armor :laugh:

to be honest i agree with you faster to depo yeah this is true.

there are some things learned other than the button smashing while gathering sweat.

player to player interactions and trading are important in this game. not just grabbing a gun and blasting away.

what you do with your loot albeit sweat, hunting/mining loot, etc is very important in eu. And why you even bother to get it. Not just putting in a depo to play.

Just my opinion. Also some people do enjoy the activity so why not let them do it.

Oh and sorry OP. Welcome to the game glad your liking it so far.

Kosmos

Very Nice read Statik :)

One of the few "Newcomer Experience" threads that i have read that had a nice positive tone to it :)

It was a nice change and im glad that The Knights of Calypso could help contribute to that :)

See ya ingame bro :)

Back