Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Hi, I noticed something while checking the stats of the new cars:

picture.php
picture.php

The Valkyrie MK2 has 60ish more hp, but it is slower then the mk1 ?
This sucks, I want faster cars :p

picture.php
picture.php

Horsepower doesn't always equate to more speed. It could be geared in such a way to allow more torque at lower RPM, making the Valk MkII a virtual mountain goat.

All supposition until Calypso Road, Track, and Trail gets their hands on one and publishes a review. :)

Reactions: RR1
Horsepower doesn't always equate to more speed. It could be geared in such a way to allow more torque at lower RPM, making the Valk MkII a virtual mountain goat.

All supposition until Calypso Road, Track, and Trail gets their hands on one and publishes a review. :)

Geared for rock climbing!!! :yay:

get a MKI and a MKII and find a steep hill and see which goes up it better.. in theroy the MKII should.

Mk2's have much higher SI, so better for PVP use.

The grip and weight are unchanged, so it may not help with climbing, but more armor and more horsepower = similar speed, which is logical.

What is not logical is that spawned weight does not change with increased protection, and yet the speed is still effected.

:beerchug:

Miles

The grip and weight are unchanged, so it may not help with climbing, but more armor and more horsepower = similar speed, which is logical.

What is not logical is that spawned weight does not change with increased protection, and yet the speed is still effected.

Miles

Logic Schmogic.

Me want vroom vroom go fast! weeeeeeee!

Where's the negative weight vehicles, i.e. flying machines?!?!!! ;)

Miles

yup, I absolutely agree to a certain extend:
more armoring = more weight, unless it is made of a newer technology, in which case same weight would go faster...

Yeah thats FIRST thing I looked at with new car I want ZOOM not PUT PUT

-.-

I noticed this first time I saw MkII. It makes no sense.
Arguments about more armor don't hold up as more armor should have more weight.
Arguments about climbing ability or torque don't hold up as the "wheel grip" number hasn't changed.

Please find me examples of RL vehicles where the weight, horsepower, torque, blah blah don't fit relatively simple calculations that make sense.

And I am calling copyright/trademark/whateverotherbs if the excuse is aerodynamics.

I think "wheel grip" has to do more with the tire tread than the torque coming out of the drivetrain, but that's picking nits. :)

Who knows? Maybe they changed the differential from a 3.22 to a 3.08? ;-)

Problem is, max speed is listed in the stats. ;)

spawned weight does not change with increased protection, and yet the speed is still effected.

more armoring = more weight, unless it is made of a newer technology, in which case same weight would go faster...

more armor should have more weight

Um, Goblin weighs 18.4, Jag weighs 2.1

No one ever had a problem with stronger armors weighing more or less, so why is it such an issue w/ cars? :scratch2:

Yeah, sucks the V2s aren't faster. Perhaps the V3s will be. Maybe not. We'll find out.

No one ever had a problem with stronger armors weighing more or less, so why is it such an issue w/ cars? :scratch2:

Yeah, sucks the V2s aren't faster. Perhaps the V3s will be. Maybe not. We'll find out.

I knew that and posted anyway... wanted to emphasize the point.
Anybody out there that's even remotely some kind of gear head will agree that the stats (weight, HP, top speed) don't make sense, or we are not being given all the information (!!!).

Problem is, max speed is listed in the stats. ;)

I don't have a problem with stronger yet lighter armor - I just question why the same HP and the same Weight results in a slower speed.

As for faster, well, I crave a fast car as much as anyone, but the idea that I won't have to keep chasing higher Mk Valks to go faster is also a good thing - anyone can get a cheap car to go racing :D

Maybe we will have more pure racing vehicles - with less off-road ability - in the future - but my only problem with Valk Mk 2 is the illogical nature of the stats.

Miles

As some others have said, I suppose (or hope) that the new MK2 has a way better mountain climbing .. skill...

While the stats would indicate that the Valkyrie Mk2 is slower, I have personally field tested the Mk2 vs the Mk1 @ the oil rig and @ Amkuul Island.

What the real in world results are: Go ahead and try and catch me in a Valkyrie mk1 with me in a Valkyrie Mk2 and I will get away. :D

I have yet to have had my car blown up from any runs inside of PVP 3 or 4. The only time it has been blown up was for a test held @ Amkuul Island by a willing Colonist whom I saw blowing up his car at the outpost.:eyecrazy:

I asked him if he would mind doing a comparison to see how much tt value was lost after blowing it up, he did me one better and blew them both up at the same time to see the time to kill. The Mk2 lasted 2x as long and took about half the tt value decay vs the Mk1 :wtg:

So for practical use these cars are head and shoulders better than the Mk1. Pvpers will like them as they last longer and do not have the speed handycap that the stats would indicate. Miners will like them as it takes more than two shots to kill so you can get away with your ores and enmatters. Racers will like them for the better off road capabilities and less decay from wandering mobs.

These cars ARE an improvement just hard to see till you try it out.

While the stats would indicate that the Valkyrie Mk2 is slower, I have personally field tested the Mk2 vs the Mk1 @ the oil rig and @ Amkuul Island.

What the real in world results are: Go ahead and try and catch me in a Valkyrie mk1 with me in a Valkyrie Mk2 and I will get away. :D

I have yet to have had my car blown up from any runs inside of PVP 3 or 4. The only time it has been blown up was for a test held @ Amkuul Island by a willing Colonist whom I saw blowing up his car at the outpost.:eyecrazy:

I asked him if he would mind doing a comparison to see how much tt value was lost after blowing it up, he did me one better and blew them both up at the same time to see the time to kill. The Mk2 lasted 2x as long and took about half the tt value decay vs the Mk1 :wtg:

So for practical use these cars are head and shoulders better than the Mk1. Pvpers will like them as they last longer and do not have the speed handycap that the stats would indicate. Miners will like them as it takes more than two shots to kill so you can get away with your ores and enmatters. Racers will like them for the better off road capabilities and less decay from wandering mobs.

These cars ARE an improvement just hard to see till you try it out.

Very interesting. I wonder if we will see the Info panel updated? Perhaps some of the stats are listed incorrectly. Personally, I'd love to try one.

Miles

Like Zederic said, the mark 2's are faster. I've been at the rig alot lately, and the mark 2 will Chase down a mark one every time. same goes for escaping. I think it has to do with the power.... on flat land and up grades its faster cus it can actually hit its top speed, but down hill I'm not sure if the mark ones are faster.

And yes, they climb hills faster, especially in reverse.

Hey I had a chance to test out a Mk2 car on some mountain trails and HOLY does it ever do hills better than the Mk1 O.O where the Mk1 would stall out the Mk2 rips right up there.

OK - I've gotta have one now.

Miles

Back