Oil Price Increases 10% Due to Reseller

GolGotha

Old Alpha
Society
Desperate House Men
Metrale GolGotha Litago
Okay, I wasn't gonna do anything, but this is ridiculous. There are two avatars that are raising regular Oil prices, buying out all prices under 130%, etc. Their names are: <removed names>. I will post the screenshots at the end of this thread. We all know oil was steadily at 115-118%. It has been that way for a while now. It has its ups and downs but not by 10-20%. I'm telling you guys, DON'T BUY OIL FOR THIS PRICE. Other's will try to jump on the bandwagon to get some more ped, but it's not right. It's an artificial market price rise. Screenshots (changed to hide names):

You can check if you'd like. There are probably 10-15 bids like this by these two alone raising the prices to 130-140%. Is there something that can be done?

Last edited:
Price Police hard at work :yay: :yay:

OMG is that another 101 Exploit :wtg:

You shouldn't name them you know :eek:

If anyone needs oil, and think the price is ok, I dont see any reason why not to buy. I know I would.

Have you seen the two guys, you hang out here for being resellers, relisting the items at auction or trying to sell them anywhere else?

For now it just looks like someone need some oil. Pilot is the name on one of them the person might well just be stocking up.

Have you seen the two guys, you hang out here for being resellers, relisting the items at auction or trying to sell them anywhere else?

For now it just looks like someone need some oil. Pilot is the name on one of them the person might well just be stocking up.

So Pilots buy oil way over the market so they do not need to worry where to spend all their peds? makes sense

So Pilots buy oil way over the market so they do not need to worry where to spend all their peds? makes sense

As long as I haven't seen any of them actually reselling the oil I'd not hang them out for being resellers. It's not any of us business what these guys pay for oil - only at the moment where they actually resell it, which they haven't done.

Looks like it's time for me to sell all my oil on auction. :wtg:

er, i dont like manipulative resellers, but you've posted nothing to show that is what these people are doing. According to the screenshots, they are simply buying at a high price.

Id like to see someone try to corner the Oil market, would need a very very deep pocket.

How many days price will be increase ?

I have discovered the enormous price of oil :eek:
May be this guys need huge quantity of oil.
May be they are resellers and want to win some money by this way. But oil is a very common enmatter. So I think it will be difficult for them to keep such high prices if they are only two to buy oil and stock it ;)

In an other case, if price grow up again, they are very clever.:laugh:

I -thought- the price of oil had increased of late. I assumed that it was because of pilots needing the stuff to take 500,000 people to CND for the New Year's Party.

/em didn't go to CND for New Year's, but was there around Christmas

500 000 ?

lol 500 000 is a huge estimation no ? :)
But you're right when you say that pilots did many travels during the week. May be it's one of the reason, may be the main. We will see in the future days :)
And don't forget to learn that for next year :cool:

I have discovered the enormous price of oil :eek:
May be this guys need huge quantity of oil.
May be they are resellers and want to win some money by this way. But oil is a very common enmatter. So I think it will be difficult for them to keep such high prices if they are only two to buy oil and stock it ;)

In an other case, if price grow up again, they are very clever.:laugh:

Actually, I'm intrigued... I just checked out the auctions and noticed that YOU are now the top bidder on a lot of these oil auctions. Trying to prove a point to these guys or something?

Also, I was wondering if this appears to be artificial price inflation, or are they actually in that desperate need of oil? Is anybody putting up oil auctions with buyouts of 130%+ and getting those prices? My understanding is that the price tracking sites (peauction, etc...) wouldn't register those buyouts when calculating current prices. Oog... that didn't come out quite right, but I think most of you are bright enough to understand where I'm running with that thought.:scratch2:

:)

Yes I bid on oil because I'm trader too. If a stuff 's price grow up, I 'm trying to buy it before it reaches the top. Then I will sell it :)

And please don't say I'm a stupid reseller , a dung or a shit as some players who don't understand the rules of the game.
By the way, I'm crafter too. I make dampers, if oil reaches 180% tomorrow, I prefer stock a little for me::cool:

Okay, I wasn't gonna do anything, but this is ridiculous. There are two avatars that are raising regular Oil prices, buying out all prices under 130%, etc. Their names are: <removed names>. I will post the screenshots at the end of this thread. We all know oil was steadily at 115-118%. It has been that way for a while now. It has its ups and downs but not by 10-20%. I'm telling you guys, DON'T BUY OIL FOR THIS PRICE. Other's will try to jump on the bandwagon to get some more ped, but it's not right. It's an artificial market price rise. Screenshots:

<removed screen shots>

You can check if you'd like. There are probably 10-15 bids like this by these two alone raising the prices to 130-140%. Is there something that can be done?

sorry, fail to understand where the problem is ?? EU is in many aspects the same as real life and if stocks are cheap enough I buy those as well (and sell them again if they look profitable) ...

ILW

Last edited by a moderator:
hes just smart ;)buys up thousands and thousands of ped of oil for 110% lists all the oil for 130 and makes 20%... if you had the ped u would do it too dont lie:cool:

hes just smart ;)buys up thousands and thousands of ped of oil for 110% lists all the oil for 130 and makes 20%... if you had the ped u would do it too dont lie:cool:

That's the thing, dude. He's NOT buying up thousands and thousands of ped of oil for 110%. He's buying it for 130% - 160%. Therein lies the insanity.:scratch2:

This is total BS imo. What way is this profitable to a reseller?

Yer, manipulate the market by bidding high on stuff! the world is mine! Oh wait, Im broke.

I buy things over the market price all the time. mostly because I cant be arsed to wait for the auctions to end or something.

they r pilots... oil at that amount difference in ped is like 10-20 ped... they make that on 1 round trip to CND... the longer they r out of business because of not having oil the longer they will go w/o profit so they get desperate.... especially when ND is running large contests... the pilots could make alot of ped but when they dont have the oil they cant go thus the prices

Well they are re-listing the oil for ~200%... so much for pilots.
I would say now is a time to sell to them, cant belive they can keep the prices up unless they have very deep pockets.
Or maybe get some mining gear and go dig up some oil :D

So pilots buy 15 PED Oil stacks for way over the market?Well that is new to me

Make people think oil is going to be a commodity that will become more expensive, by posting this story in forums......then buy as much as you can and ride the wave when others decide to stock up? "Don't buy it at this price!!" he cries....hoping everyone will, and knowing he already is. :laugh:

Not a bad strategy at all ;) . Good luck.

How can anyone artificially inflate the price of anything on an artificial market in an artificial universe controled by a computer programmer employed by MA anyway? Unlike real life we can all go out and mine our own easily enough, so no-one can really corner the market.

I think the prices are high purely because no-one will sell over the holiday period when there are less people online to bid at auction....so only the few who need PEDs have oil to sell....supply is low there fore demand for that is higher. Less common items have not been selling well and some nice bargains out there over Xmas if you looked carefully...maybe still a few now? ;)

t

Oil is so common I can't see how they could really effect any manipulation. As for <removed name> i've seen her crafting at component terminal at Oxford so she is not BS you when she says she crafts. I see her more as a trader than reseller. But who could begrudge a component crafter the right to make up some loss from crafting. If I had the time I would do it.

EDIT: Guess I'll 103 my finder later and hit my oil field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the ppl in the chat window, I'd guess u were in CND when u took the screenies (maybe wrong). If so, sometimes its much better to buy at that sort of price than to pay the extortionate transport cost of ores and ens from down below if yr crafting up top. People do pay over the odds in places like CND auctions but its their choice to craft there and at times they also get very good (low) prices from the miners by buying in the Control Room so I guess it evens its self out.

I see no problems with what these guys have done.

Jack Scudd Samuels

This all very simple to understand, someone made an order for oil at 150% in auc. SO THE ONES THAT SPOTTED THAT ORDER JUST BOGHT ALL THE OIL THEY COULD GET THEIR HANDS ON FOR LESS THAN 150% AND RELISTED IT WITH A BO AT 150%.

THUS MAKING A FEW BUCKS WITHOUT ANY WORK ;)

Please keep in mind that we can't name names. Thank You! :)

Cheers for those guys, it was about time us enmatter miners got a fair price for the time we put in.

Cheers for those guys, it was about time us enmatter miners got a fair price for the time we put in.

Just find rare enmatters then :p

Back