OMG ! What %inflation does EU have ?

Redster

Prowler
Society
NBK Army
Mac Red Longhair
I was just reading a pricecheck thread . It is so hard to imagine how prices have jumped since I started 3 years ago. Angel armor, Tiger armor, Jaguar armor and a hangar and of course the infamous ML35. All items that I have owned and had to sell even with a very nice profit but nothing compared to their current value ! Other items like TIC shops do not seem to have changed much in value, perhaps decreased a little with the Mall implentation . And I know that this is a game, dont depo more then you can afford but... sometimes life does throw a curveball and it is easier/cheaper to sell and withdraw then take a loan and go into debt.

My question to all of you previous owners :) What 1 previously owned item in hindsight would you have held onto ? What 1 previously owned item, its current value wants you to kick yourself in the ass for selling ? I know the game is dynamic and that prices are so dependent on what is willing to be paid, it is hard to judge the real value. I still miss #1 Corinth hangar and wish I had never sold, even though I got back triple what I paid in just 2 years and it also paid for the wifes surgery which to me was very helpful. How about you ? Any 1 item that just gets your goat :)

Well, I have the oposite.

Bought a pair of urban nomad black boots for +1600 at the time they were going for this, and the price was rising.

I wish I had not, as now they are +500, and not rising. I wish I had held off, and then I could have bought for 1/3rd the price i paid.

(Not everything goes up)

As for the rest, I have stopped selling stuff when I no longer use it. If I bought a shirt I don;t wear for tt+20 and now it's TT+120 I an not selling, as the price couuld crash, and I would only be 20 peds out of pocket.

IF I ever sell out (no intention of) then it will probably be tt+1600. That's the time to sell, when you are not coming back.

mine.

ML 35, some chips, my shop. All would be worth tons more than what I paid for them. :( Oh well, life goes on and it was for a good cause.

nothing owend that big to mention,,but thank god, beacuse i would be kicking my self if i sold befor the prices got to what they are now xD

It depends on the item, really.

However, I'm sure the inflation on some items would make even the people in Zimbabwe say "DAMN!"

How does 150%pcm grab you? :D

All a point of view , have more to kick my ass for buying something ;)

like 5B plates at +500 now +100
OF105 at +530 now +90
MF105 at +430 now +230
omegaton sports +110 now +20 and so on.

If you only look at such i cannot see any inflational tendence :eek:

Thats always the greatest part if I tell people about entropia ^^ :silly2:

as a newb I got some shirt from a friend that was worth about 40-50PED back then and a few 100s now :rolleyes: can't remember which one though :D

(too bad I sold it on auction for 45PED or something ;) lol)

Only really good item I ever looted was an Adj Stark back in 2005.

I sold it for +3k, the money went towards a full Nemesis (M), MKIII, OF105, MF105. I've sold some of those items on since, but not for any profit, at the time they cost about just about all of that 3k from the Stark.

Current price of an Adj Stark now? ~15k

Current price of the rest of that stuff? ~4k

:banghead:

when i looted my arr8000m from a berycled young, i was happy with the 300 peds i got for it.

when i looted my powerfull heal chip from a berycled young, i was happy with the 1000 peds i got for it

When i Looted a viking helmet from a feffoid i was happy to get 500 peds for it

when i bought my shopping booth for 3000 peds and later sold it for 4000 peds i was really happy.

If I hadn't done all that I could have sweated a lot and missed out on all the fun I had in between.. And yes that stuff is worth a lot more and yes I should have kept on to all of it.

OF105 at +530 now +90
MF105 at +430 now +230

Aint that the truth brutha

5b and of/mf105's i paid that much for.... but despite the price falling. it was a good investment at the time.

STILL tho.. i wish it would go UP instead of down lol.

ah regrets, well cant tell the future just play your way and dont think back to much (although all those laser amps i tted pfew :D )

Anyway who can tell what happens when the higher level L weapons (book3) are beeing produced more, will current foeripper, mm owners etc etc smack their heads?
In my eyes thats all in the risk on investing in such items.

Not really a high value item but I sold a justifier mkII and the next week MA implemented the amp nerf on opalo users :( at which point I had to buy another at the same time everyone else did.

Not all prices have risen though, I bought 6A plates at +75 and now they're much lower.

I know people who regret selling their vigi set only a couple of months ago who now regret it.

We wouldn't have high inflation if MA didn't want it.

I had a ton of A103 laser amps that I looted from Argonaunts, but their markup wasn't much then.

Now they are tt+100 peds (some around there)

Nothing Uber but that would still made a bit difference today.

Mod-Fap before 5000 ped now 420.000 ped Do i need to say more.:D

if you look closly you will note that the inflation is tied to non-crafted hunting equipment. nearly everything else is steady, fluctuates, or has deflation. only notable exception really is land.

if you look closly you will note that the inflation is tied to non-crafted hunting equipment. nearly everything else is steady, fluctuates, or has deflation. only notable exception really is land.

So if it so now we know who to blame for the inflations.:)

OF105 at +530 now +90
MF105 at +430 now +230

Those are crafted stuff, thats kinda expected..

It depends on the item, really.

However, I'm sure the inflation on some items would make even the people in Zimbabwe say "DAMN!"

I wonder what Zimbabwe has to do with it :scratch2:

You people do know hte meaning of inflation? Just because rarer items get more expensive it's no inflation. TT food remains TT food (i.e. Jester), some items los in value (i.e. the lower unL SIB Weapons) and some remain the same (i.e. MKII after going down to +20 it's at the usual +45 price now). So there clearly is nothing like inflation.

1$=10 peds, 5 years ago, as well as now. Don't see any inflation there :silly2:

Some time ago I had to sell some stuff I had to keep me in game, didn't have cash to depo and I was broke. I sold A105 for something like +75ped..... It was a price for them back then...

But I am not so angry about it. Yes, I'd have to pay way more now but as a miner I am happy with A104 I got just before prices came up :laugh:
I also got a vigi set paying what I considered insane price of +200 for a helmet (rest parts were from +10 to +50). And I got myself plasma rifle for something like +150....

This is inflation. Nothing else. People are willing to pay more because there is more people who get more ped and number of items stays more or less the same.

What 1 previously owned item in hindsight would you have held onto?

I looted a Medium tp chip a long time ago, got a decent price for it but a lot less than it'd go for today.

Some stuff I bought around that time have gone up in price a lot though so its not something I dwell on tbh.

I wonder what Zimbabwe has to do with it :scratch2:

In case you haven't noticed, Mugabe and Zimbabwe's economy have been all over the news the last two years...

Their inflation rate, last time I checked = 185,000 %.

This is inflation. Nothing else. People are willing to pay more because there is more people who get more ped and number of items stays more or less the same.

Inflation is money losing its value not SOME items increasing in value. If it was inflation, every item needs to get more exepnsive (i.e. MKII, those +10 PED ME items etc). Yes, we have inflation in rl but even if there wasn't any some things like rare stamps would still increase in value.

dumbest thing was probably to tt white tt clothes the day before hadesheim tailorers got closed down. well i just bought those white clothes from tt that day to try and didnt like them :)

still, i dont wish to not have sold any item i did in the past and which is worth more now. the peds i got that time made me keep playing and buy other useful stuff or whatever i spent it for.

all my broken tt colorizers before they stoped putting them in the tt omg tell me thats not markup over night 3ped to 100 ped in 1 day

Bought ML-ME for 2 or 3 K long ago...
Sold it for ~13k I think...

Should have kept it ofc ;)

Based on the primary goods in EU (ammo and bombs) we only have deflation due to IRL inflation :eek:. With the dollar going down this effect is amplified for euros.

Back