FYI: One mans meh is another mans wooh!

exsolvo

Prowler
Society
The Unit
Exsolvus Exo Nex
Hello forum!

In the interest of the variable populous of both Calypso and EF, I'm hereby submitting this informational (FYI) thread in which I hope to get a few to change their mindset.

I've seen alot of "spoofing" threads full of sarcasm, whining from some, aimed at others, just because their sense of an accomplishment differs.

So, in the interest of the topic I'm placing this theoretical question which I will myself answer:

Why is it that YOUR view of an accomplishment should be any more valid than anothers?

Think about this for a moment...

just because you perhaps regard unlocking KILL STRIKE an achievement, looting an all time high, or some other, basically "unachievable" stuff as the only real accomplishments...

Why would you want to enforce that miserable viewpoint on others?

To remove all sense of fun and enjoyment from the majority of the population?

To get people in dispair and leave?

I would say those two are the only two major effects of the campaigns against smaller achievements.

Again, think about it, if someone feels he achieved something wonderfull and out of the ordinary when getting that ~60 ped global, and posts it.

Who are YOU to remove the joy for this person?

I would say, let people differ, let people retain their sense of accomplishment, and just dont read their threads if they somehow offend your point of view.

Now yes, this is rather contradictory for me as infact, the full point of this thread is that i'm offended by the people that whine about "lesser" achievements, irony noted.

Exo's Entropian Success Guidelines
1. Realize this is a large place, with very different individuals inside it.
2. Spread joy and happiness instead of flame and dismay.
3. Do to others, as you wish others to do to you.

Thats all for now

peace.

very good point, this has been bothering me too, + rep

very true, the community needs to be more friendly towards eachother

think its called "jealousy"

Unless its being done excessively, if you dont consider a thread an achievement, dont hit the blue gratz button and hit the back button on your browser instead.

There are forum users here who have played for 7 days and some for 7 years. :)

i agree we all value our achievements differently. some have a ridiculously high bar set for what is an achievement here sometimes.

kosmos

Very true Exo, I agree with everything you wrote.

It is one of the reasons I think Imperious is one of the nicest guys on the forums.

Just to show an example of someone that adds to the joy of even the newest players with the smallest of accomplishments.

narfi

Definitly one of the best posts i've seen in years.

This is so true.

I, for example, take joy in every global, or medium loot i take, and just for one reason, it's more time i play with one deposit, or it means i can get that better rifle sooner :)

If i take pleasure in such small things, why shouldn't others take pleasure in what ever they like.

Play for fun, not for stress

That was realy deep. I think i know felings from both sides and after thinking about i agree 100%. It is so easy to forget about what u said....unfortunately

Exsolvo is so right, while I don't play much and some of the smaller achievements I don't really congrats these days, I would never tell anyone that their achievements was not worthy to be posted; only a really disrespectable person would step on some ones joy by doing so.

But yet we see so many people doing this on EF, in my time of playing EU I had some really nice achievements in game from ATH, to numerous uber HOFs and looting some really nice uber stuff (Eon, Shadow, Sentinel to name just a few).

If you don’t want to congrats some one that is your right, but to – rep or post something negative really shows every one who you are (not in a good way).

Regards

Reactions: jod
I agree. 99% of the time I gratz people in their achievement threads. I never make threads about it, but every time I get a new rank in agility (46 now lol) it's like a massive achievement, and it becomes even more so with each progressive rank (cause everyone knows they get harder and harder).

Globals are little bits of divine intervention that I always appreciate. :) There are a lot of little achievements that I'm proud of and if someone wants to make it public and share their joy with others then by all means they should!

Great thread! :D

Unlocked a new skill? Found a rare item? Big collection of something? Post it here to get fame.

The way it's worded the Achievement forum looks like it should only be for "big" things. My big achievements are not necessarily ATH class, but they are big to me. I don't consider a 70 ped global a big achievement anymore, even though I stil love them, but there are many for whom this is huge.

If something is a big deal to you then... Woot!!! for you. Post away. I'll likely gratz you because if you posted it then it likely means something to you.

Glad to see this thread here.

ps... as a side note, I'd kinda like to see a seperate forum for what I guess could be called super-ubers. something like 10k+ped loots and the like.

If it's not something that will impress the real ubers then STFU and keep it to yourself. Nobody cares.

If it's not something that will impress the real ubers then STFU and keep it to yourself. Nobody cares.

I hope this is sarcasm. Why do we have to impress the ubers? Why can't we share our meager accomplishments with those that are the same skill level?

If you think it is an achivement, post it. Who gives a fuck what others think, if they don't think it's an achievement they won't gratz you.

Saying that I do get kind of pissed off when people post like 5 achievement threads a day for globals and stuff like that Humbill douche used to.

An achievent should be ANYtHING which doesn't happen everyday or every week for that matter and makes you feel you have reached a milestone of some description. Like you said, those milestones will change a lot depending on the player.

I hope this is sarcasm. Why do we have to impress the ubers? Why can't we share our meager accomplishments with those that are the same skill level?

That surely was sarcasm, lookin at Nobatbbi's achievements. Btw two fruits at the same time really is impressive! Also funny how my name always is seen in his hoflist screenshots along his own name :D

Good to read a true on the dot post for once.

Each to their own I say

*Searches for Marco, Spanks Marco, HoF me baby when i return*

One of the things that has always bugged me about the 'hall of fame' is that peeps post their achievements/unlocks - Something they have worked hard to achieve and they get a few Gratz. But peeps that 'Get lucky' by hitting a big loot get a lot more 'Gratz' and 'well done' s.

Why is it better to get lucky than work hard for something? :dunno:

Back