FYI: Only 260 vehicles!

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Emma stopped at Eos, said they had given out 260 vehicles. Come back Friday :)

Did she say friday or later this week?

it's not 260, just 260 finished ones they had. There will be plenty more with all the crafted ones too.

rather different meaning of the word "plentiful" to the one i find in the OED.

the planetpartners golt some promo cars from MA. FPC said plentiful maybe they get molre who knows.

at Rocktropia i heard you need to dol a quiz. So its up to planetpartners how they give them.

260 cars are a lot btw.

I think they should have anounced this number before the PR event.
This could have reduced the whining about not getting one.

Great, we do have a prove now that there are at least 260 active players.

only 260 vehicles? ohhh shut up...

That does seem like a very low number considering the amount I've seen driving around :scratch2:

They will likely be tt food by the end of the week if crafters get crafting! :)

has this been a second hand out?

260, is plentiful against the number to active members. so thats really great.

hahah only 260 , wasnt it 1000? It is a miracle some peole can get through with this.

Wel at least Emma is honest, and told exactly how many she gave away and when she comes back.

Not like marco and frank who say oh wasnt perfect bla bla bla, and you have to do something to get something. oh brighter future BS crap, like we will really believe them.

lol 260? rofl.. plentiful? hahaha plentifull would be like 2k cars at a minimum!! But i guess that would give the active players like 2 cars each atleast lol

I have one & it works well :yay:

Sorry, just want to be happy for once I got lucky ;)

260 is enough. Think of the impact on the climate!

:laugh:

260 sure is "plentiful" with over 800,000 "registered" accounts.

Total fucking fail!

LOL

that 800k accounts makes me laugh

was actually fairly interesting at the newbie arrival zone lately

we had over 50 (!) "newbies" who immediately knew how to turn, toggle run on and found the exit of the NAZ after 3 seconds being online :p

after guiding for months, that is very very unlikely for one newbie already, but 50? :D
the real funny coincidence is that FPC announced like "not more than 1 vehicle per ava" the day before

so, to make my point
out of those 800 000 accounts, i would bet at least half are multiple accounts of single people, 400 000 left

then you have an average quitting rate of ~80%->80 000 players who "stayed" for awhile, during how many years of EU/PE, so who knows how many of those quit

then with VU10 several got "locked out" with not being able to run it, others quit after several functions werent there yet
so i doubt we come over 10-20 000 players atm

and 200something cars is pretty decent for that imo

just imagine it had been 5000

then you had whiners "but my TP chip V is worth nothing new, MA stole my money!" and whatnot :p
not to mention a bad effect on the sweat market due to that
etcetc

Great, we do have a prove now that there are at least 260 active players.

Hmmmm perhaps not even that :D We know there are folks with 2, 3 or even more accounts....... :eek:

No more free Beer, you will have to earn it from now on :mad: ;) I said plenty damnit.....that means 3 OK! or was i gonna do this in phases, im grrr im confused. Shut up you all, just shut up .. hehehe

this is 260 for the people on Calypso, probably 260 for RockTropia as well...

260 is plenty imo for the active number of people on Calypso who should get/deserve a car for free.

depends how to look at 'active' members of the community i guess, some one who posts loads on the forum is a very active part of EU and should get a car. whereas some one who sits at the crafting box, or auto clicks sweat all day with out chatting or adding a huge imput, are they active members of the community that warrant a free car? im not sure.

certainly they pay for it lol.

In terms of active accounts going by the forum, seams like an average of maybe 1000 people lol.

260 is a very good number to give out. But it looked as if only 20 or so were given out during the first stage on the event, so well done for having another give out.

I think that 800k accounts is more than 1mill now.. but were still the same active playerbase :p

the planetpartners golt some promo cars from MA. FPC said plentiful maybe they get molre who knows.

at Rocktropia i heard you need to dol a quiz. So its up to planetpartners how they give them.

260 cars are a lot btw.

260 cars vs 10,000 people logging in at a time to get them?

IRL theres a car for every 6 people which equates to 16.66 of the world's population owning a car. In MEDCs many people own two or more cars and the opposite in LEDCs.

Now do the math. 260 cars out of 10,000 players online in one go (and probably about double that over the period of a day or two days in active players) is equal to 2.6% of the active population getting a car from Emma. Lets say Simon had about the same number of cars. That means 5.2% per 10,000 players and back down to 2.6% ownership per 20,000 players.

Tell me now how 2.6% is a plentiful amount? And how can 260 cars be a plentiful amount? There were more than 200 people at a single time crowding Emma for a car.

really 260.. then Marco stated wrong in this statement -----

Monday the 21st was a very hectic day, to say the least. Entropia Universe update 11.2 was released, featuring vehicles. With it came a gift package of 200 cars that FPC was to distribute among the participants. The conditions were to get the cars out on the release day, during EU/USA time zones. Every time Emma or Simon showed up chaos erupted. I think I know how the iPhone stores felt on release day. At times, the number of simultaneous users online was over 50% of average figures – something we didn’t expect, and it added to the chaos. The cars were delivered in small batches in both settlements and in the wilderness to keep the stock as long as possible, before the reps moved to the next location. The stock was depleted just before 3AM Tuesday Swedish time.

In retrospect, the usage of the word “plentiful” was a mistake and shouldn’t have been used. The reason it was used was due FPC being excited that we this time actually had gifts, with TT values, that we could give out. And in that sense 200 cars was plentiful, compared to how often we have had given out freebies like this in the past. We were eager and excited and missed how the wording could be perceived, thus creating mismatched expectations. The lesson learned is that the next time the actual number of items available will be shown beforehand.

In closing, I would like to send my regards to MindArk who has created a really fun and thrilling system, which adds a new layer to the Entropia Universe, and in doing so, to Planet Calypso. It will be very interesting to see how the vehicles are going to be used in various events and in future landgrabs.

/Marco

Originally Posted by Luckycharm
Did she say friday or later this week?
Does it really matter which Friday?

Anyway, it'll probably be on a Saturday when the servers are down.

Replied to the wrong post or what? How u mean which friday? :glasses:

I was there and recall her say later this week (can be today or tomorrow, may mean explicitly not after this week as no more hand-outs even). I may have remembered wrong, didn't take a screenie but here it's implied nothing will be handed out anymore till friday... and I don't think that's what she said.

don't be noobs and compare IRL cars with EU ones. You don't go in a city to a girl called emma so she can give you a new BMW.
We already have "car factories" so if u want one, buy it

260? Plentiful? Enough to go around? Restricted to 1 per avatar? What the? Just how many active players are there? Why wasn't it expected that there would be lots of people interested? There has CLEARLY been interest in this forum in cars since the BPs started to drop. If FPC were excited, why didn't they think the players would be? While I hear what Marco is saying and truly hope there was a lesson learnt here as he says there was, I'm honestly surprised that at this stage of the Entropia Universe's development, such a thing comes as a surprise to the people running the flagship planet.

260 is enough. Think of the impact on the climate!

That's a good point! Then comes a carbon tax lol, which just like IRL, doesn't actually do anything to reduce carbon emissions!

Back