Opinions on Rocktropia & New VU

StatikNode

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Chris Statik Andrews
Since I'm seeing a lot of stuff about RockTropia and the new VU, I was wondering what everyone's opinion on it is.

Personally, I like it. New mobs, and an interesting landscape makes for a rather special experience at first. However, I don't like the 40PED fee to go visit it after all. Even if it supports hangar owners, I think it's a little high.

Also, I hope to own some real-estate there soon, since this is what I've been gathering my PED's for. :wtg:

Opinions, everyone?

meh

Obie fo showbie

The new mobs look awesome. I can't wait to get on and kill some :D

However, I don't like the 40 PED fee to travel there. But even more than that, I don't like the segregated storage and auction. I think once MA gets these other planet partners up and running, it will be very annoying to manage 10, 11, 12, etc separate storage units.

Just my thought so far...I haven't even been able to get in it. I'll have more later :D

-Piano

My opinion

I cant afford to go and see what is there, and in my opinion I should have Free travel to Rocktropia because I am Rockchick and it was made for me :silly2:

I'm seeing its 40 ped to go there once, I kinda hoped it would be free the first few weeks. ill let other people go there first and figure it all out, do some reading then later maybe visit.

My opinion in a word: underwhelmed

In more words....I was hoping for something more.

I imagined a 'universe' of games where you would pick your poison when you want to log in and just play where you want to play. The avatar would be consistent the skills would be consistent but your game play could change to fit your mood based on which planet you logged into.

What we get....is another land area. That has a 40 ped fee to get to and leave.

Really disappointed.

I was quite enthusiastic about EUs future, but now....heh....

I thought space travel would cost much more , like few hundred peds but then again I was expecting Rocktropia to be cheaper than other planets. Have reasons to believe they are going to be poorest in terms of marketing so low prices for tickets is good for them. Would be interesting to see how this develops.

The planet looks and feels better than what I was expecting. Graphics look nice, good optimization and pretty cool mobs. Guns look cool but wtf`s that whip sound on shotgun; borrowed from Calypso? :scratch2::laugh:

I'm seeing its 40 ped to go there once, I kinda hoped it would be free the first few weeks. ill let other people go there first and figure it all out, do some reading then later maybe visit.

40 PED to go there, 40 PED to get back.

New mobs... new landscape... IMO it wasn't worth it. I traveled there, shot some mobs, lost ~ 200 PED or so in a few hours.

Idk didn't seem worth it right now to go there. Maybe in the future.

That pretty much sums it up for me too.

Seeing the new mobs from the screenshots on here they sorta look unfinished and not very detailed and our avatars seem out of place... Not tempting enough to waste 40 ped on a new la. (maybe also because I am not a young guy drooling over big boobs, wanting to slaughter dragons. :scratch2: :laugh:)

sucks ass, its cheesy and expensive.
And they released it way too early.

Nice little planet there.

Just my thoughts.
It will not be getting me support.

My opinion in a word: underwhelmed

In more words....I was hoping for something more.

Sums up what me and my housemate said after talking to people in game who had travelled there.For Example I would have thought the tt stuff at least would look different there even if having same stats as calypso stuff.

I hope all goes well with Rocktropia, but i did expect more new stuff tbh. I guess it will come over time, but at the moment nothing that really makes me want to fork out 80 ped round trip for. :)

I am a calypsian by nature though :).

I imagined a 'universe' of games where you would pick your poison when you want to log in and just play where you want to play. The avatar would be consistent the skills would be consistent but your game play could change to fit your mood based on which planet you logged into.

Well, MA/FPC has already said several times that you log in where you last logged off, and travel between planets for a fee, so that is what I expected :dunno:

Good looking mobs, but little disappointed that they did not come with some more new loot.
40 ped, way to much in my opinion. Makes it hard to play on both planets at the same time :(
I hope it will be much cheaper in the future to travel between the planets.
But a nice add on anyway :)

40ped one way is bit too steep if you ask me :mad:

Anything more then free is overpriced, no matter what the location in the game is.

Basically, your taking $4 US Dollars out of your pocket and giving it to someone else, just so you can click on a TP, that would normally be free, in order to change your avatars location in the game to another location to interact with content that works just like all the other content you are used to seeing, except now this content has new skins and labels, but it does basically the same thing you've been doing for years now.

How would you feel if you had to pay $4 USD to go from Cape Corinth to Fort Fury? Different location, different mobs, no charge. Four Dollars? lol. And rofl at all the lolnerd talk about interplanetary trade fees and travel costs etc. You know already, this sci fi game, set in the future, already has teleports and they have already worked out how to do it for free, at least for the last five years that I am aware of.

I took my spaceship to CND once when it was rolled out to look around, and once to fly a couple friends up who couldn't find a ride because of the Hanger Fail travel concept. I never went back because of the cost to travel ( content change fee) , no centralized storage, and auction fees. It was a stupid concept then, and its still stupid now.

I think its early days yet and it has the potential to become something quite interesting with ND managing it....

However, atm, it seems to be just a clone of Calypso - with a few new mobs added into the mix?

One issue that I found interesting was that most of the mobs seemed aimed at the experienced entropia player NOT the new niche of Rock Music fans who haven't played before..

1 - Too expensive to travel.
2 - Seeing global messages from over there ruins my experience for Calypso (at the moment, may change)

In my opinion, the way they implements these new plants is going to be the end of EU. Player base will spread out.. not increase ... which means individual companies will get less cash flow ... and as a result will have less of a budget to invest in new content ... which will result in less players ..

Just my thought .. I can't read the future .. If would be able to do that I would be very rich indeed lol ..

I think youre all lucky to get away with a 40 ped fee -when we fly there you'll b paying fee + profit /decay & oil dont moan till u fly hehe:)

I think youre all lucky to get away with a 40 ped fee -when we fly there you'll b paying fee + profit /decay & oil dont moan till u fly hehe:)

Didn't they say you could fly or TP, but from what I've seen of it so far, I wouldn't expect to get any more than that from people to go there :D

If there was no teleport fee i would have gone there, looked around, spent some peds, then went back to calypso.

With the fee, well all the future planets already lost my business.

I feel the same way about CND and CP, HOWEVER they are not the game itself, they are select areas in the game, and i can tolerate it even if i dont agree with it.

One could argue that so are the new planets....and ya technically you are right, however i think it goes against the idea they have been marketing for years. I know im not alone in this opinion; id wager to guess im in the majority on this one, but who knows for sure.

They should have fostered interplanetary economies by the transport of goods not people. Fee on the goods from planet to planet, that i could live with. I might even desire it because it opens up another opportunity.

That is, when and if they ever get them working again. I guess they will in time. I hope your not going to be disappointed, but your not getting any ped from me to fly anywhere. :laugh:

they need something better than lyst and oils to get me motivated to going there :)

It doesnt appear quite as polished at Calypso.

It's basically the same old thing with a different theme.

I was under whelmed on first impressions.

I really hope the other planet partners try and innovate something new and not make a rehash.

Last edited:
It doesnt appear quite as polished at Calypso.

It's basically the same old thing with a different theme.

I was under whelmed on first impressions.

I really hope the other planet players try and innovate something new and not make a rehash.

That's the problem with hype. It gives people unrealistic expectations.

Idea, and mob names seem rather.. juvenile?

:scratch2: Real tough rocking man can grow up ?! :eek:

..well at least something I can look forward to...when I hit 90 :D

Will surely take a look there once I get home. 40 PEDs for a trip there does sound reasonable, scares off the "jumpers" and keeps those that go on planet for a longer while.
People tend to want everything for free, but someone has to pay the bills.
New planet is like CND or CP and the hangar owners will surely not fly for free either.

If there was no teleport fee i would have gone there, looked around, spent some peds, then went back to calypso.

With the fee, well all the future planets already lost my business.

I feel the same way about CND and CP, HOWEVER they are not the game itself, they are select areas in the game, and i can tolerate it even if i dont agree with it.

One could argue that so are the new planets....and ya technically you are right, however i think it goes against the idea they have been marketing for years. I know im not alone in this opinion; id wager to guess im in the majority on this one, but who knows for sure.

They should have fostered interplanetary economies by the transport of goods not people. Fee on the goods from planet to planet, that i could live with. I might even desire it because it opens up another opportunity.

MA gets your money no matter what. They don't care what planet you are on.

New planets are supposed to attract their own new players.

The fees will help maintain populations on their respective planets otherwise all players would flock from one planet to the next leaving some planets barren and other planets profiting making it hard for them to predict future income.

As it is, I've seen more people on Rocktopia than I've seen in Calypso for ages already so FPC is the one taking the hit in loss of revenue. The fee helps stabilize fleeing colonists to what they think will be better worlds.

Is it worth 4 bucks to you? No. Then stfu and don't go.

My opinion

I cant afford to go and see what is there, and in my opinion I should have Free travel to Rocktropia because I am Rockchick and it was made for me :silly2:
i agree .
i payed 50 ped fom cnd! 10 ped more than calipso!WHY? Then lost my loot on rocktopia in a flipin lotable pvp zone that didnt tell me it was lootable or indeed pvp!!! watch out for that,unless it was my client playing up u get NOWARNING!!!

Back