Question: Other planets killing Calypsos economy?

wizzszz

Marauder
Banned
Society
Jurai Blood
Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
Seriously, wtf is this shit?

As if it wasn't enought to devalue all our skills by 3x skill bonus events - now other planet partners (well, one particular actually - you know who i mean) are killing the economy of calypso... if there ever was a balancing manager, he must've been fired a while ago.

SEE, how do you feel when you pay 6M$ for a planet and then you have to sit and watch how another planet partner kills your investment?

If you have no clue what i'm talking about, check out these:

Noob gun, SIB level 3 (!) - 74 shots/min @ 90 dmg

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?207419-Impressed-upset-and-a-extremely-baffled-by-this

Rare scanners and FAP-90 dropping like candy

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?207391-InvestaFoe-ES500

Rare lootable PvP only resource can be found with noob finders outside of PvP

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?205436-Blood-Moss-and-Next-Island-What-it-means-for-FPC

And somehow it feels like it has only just begun... :mad:

/Edit:

Some more of that crap:
Pyrite drops from mobs on other planets. It can only be mined in lootable PvP on Calypso.

Last edited:
...and Im sitting on a drillship in Singapore QQing that I cant take part in this bonanza :(

I hope to god that gun has the wrong stats in the Item Description because as it stands it has more DPS than any other weapon in game other than the Prototype Launcher XXX,Marcos gun,The Terminator and the Mod Enblade-10 and all that with less than 4pec worth of ammo per shot.

Lets not forget that apparently the stats of weapons and frequency of item drops are all supposed to be up to MA's balancing manager so if anyone has crapped on Calypso's economy it is 100% MA's fault.

Some interesting shenanigans going on in EU atm. Subscribing.

It feels like my entire storage just dropped to TT+0...

I predict a riot! And panic sales...

Anyone has a stock price link for me? I wanna lean back and watch MA shares drop in realtime...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry wizz.... but this isn't the "Planet partner's" doing.... this is MA's doing. they control the drop rate of everything. Maybe it's a bug?

Menace

more questions... doubt there will be answers.

Sorry wizz.... but this isn't the "Planet partner's" doing.... this is MA's doing. they control the drop rate of everything. Maybe it's a bug?

Menace

Apparently MA does not control the item stats, or how do you explain such a gun?
(maybe check the eco on that thingie)

I don't care who fucked this up, MA or ND - the negative impact on Calypso is obvious.

has anyone of you ever used a Bamff shotgun? This is a Bamff Style Weapon, its L and its all you all who never got hold of a MM or IMK2 or Foeripper ever wished for. Godmode for 10 Minutes, no high output, so i bet it will give crap loots and it will have a MU of 10k% if not 100k%. When i went on a more than 1 hour lasting hunt on Faucervix or Daikiba, i had to buy the auction completely empty of Bamff, 1 single hunter using a Bamff on Calypso grinding style, can make the MU on this gun double in 2 days hunting.

This gun is kinda like the Anti Materia Rifles, you better have a shitload of luck using it, or you will waste a huge ammount of ped on it.

Subscribed for reading tomorrow... :cool:

has anyone of you ever used a Bamff shotgun? This is a Bamff Style Weapon, its L and its all you all who never got hold of a MM or IMK2 or Foeripper ever wished for. Godmode for 10 Minutes, no high output, so i bet it will give crap loots and it will have a MU of 10k% if not 100k%. When i went on a more than 1 hour lasting hunt on Faucervix or Daikiba, i had to buy the auction completely empty of Bamff, 1 single hunter using a Bamff on Calypso grinding style, can make the MU on this gun double in 2 days hunting.

This gun is kinda like the Anti Materia Rifles, you better have a shitload of luck using it, or you will waste a huge ammount of ped on it.
time to stockpile for landgrab! ;)

If this is right, and with good durability = 1 to 2.49 PEC decay
If I use 2.49 then this gun would sell at around 750% (390 PED for a full one)
You get 2025 shots out of it, and with a Dante get 104 DPS!

dont like the facts i read now... hope will not generate panic!!!!!!!!!!

im thinking to run!! should i?

I suggest you, MA, gives lots of peds to the OP and write rules and plan how system have to function according to the money you'll give him

Apparently MA does not control the item stats, or how do you explain such a gun?
(maybe check the eco on that thingie)

I don't care who fucked this up, MA or ND - the negative impact on Calypso is obvious.

how so?

some gain.... some lose... so what? You been around for longtime, i wanna know why you are so ataken back.

As some have already mentioned...people complain and complain and complain about loot sucking, etc...and then something happens which could actually help the players, and the complaining is just the same.

I for one see some excitement in occurrences which could lead to EU having more replay value.

As some have already mentioned...people complain and complain and complain about loot sucking, etc...and then something happens which could actually help the players, and the complaining is just the same.

I for one see some excitement in occurrences which could lead to EU having more replay value.

It's not about the loot sucking or being good with this. Investments people have made are in jeopardy of becoming worthless over night.

Having overall general loot being better, and having ridiculous amounts of items drop that were rare are two totally different issues.

I would agree, but beware.

Replay value, I've not heard that before.. but I will use it in the future if you don't mind. Currently EU has a negitive replay value. Quite contrary to the original design, as I understood it.

It's not about the loot sucking or being good with this. Investments people have made are in jeopardy of becoming worthless over night.

Having overall general loot being better, and having ridiculous amounts of items drop that were rare are two totally different issues.

People?

We is all avatars!

About the weapon - we have skildek pulverizer, manuri series now... Ok, all of them have huge decay, but this will probably sell for very high % and will be used for pk and its not like 100 of them have already been made...

think twice before investing that's all i can put into this subject

Just some random points - imho
  • One day, people whine that rare items never drop, the next day they cry when they do.
  • If you consider losses from "investments" made in a game where you don't have any control over the rules too high, you should have never "invested". It's a game.
  • I see the planets dropping the same items as competition = good, as should raise quality. Now the question is - should the competition be regulated? IMHO thats the task of MA.

Last edited:
think twice before investing that's all i can put into this subject

Investment.... Universe... investment..... Universe
Universe... video game.... Universe...... video game
Investment... Video Game... Investment... Video Game.

do i have to say ....... Get it?

Do people complain to those who run the NYSE when a stock they invested in crashes? I think not. Of course that isn't a perfect comparison since the NYSE has no control over the companies that have stock in it, but the point is that investments always carry risk.

Your "investments" should follow the same rule as the PED you spend on hunting/mining/crafting: don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

Seriously, wtf is this shit?

Well, sweat was mineable on Next Island some month ago, and not a word from MA about it.

(Well Hanne said it was a bug, but Support dept. didn't, and pepople who got the mined sweat got to keep it as far as I know.)

I don't mind nice items being dropped, but if it was a Rocktropia enginneere dthing, it could at least have been Rocktropia branded, and loots given out over a longer period so more people would have had a chance to loot it. Now I got a feeling there are a few lucky people who got 2+ each, and a few happy resellers who'll have the opportunity to stock up their supplies (yes - price have gone down, but it it was a freak drop, like the sweat, I doubt it will be looted soon again).

Last edited:
Well, sweat was mineable on Next Island some month ago, and not a word from MA about it.

(Well Hanne said it was a bug, but Support dept. didn't, and pepople who got the mined sweat got to keep it as far as I know.)

What is World of Firepower and why is it comming..... sounds naughty if you ask me... but you didn't, so I shup.

Back