Question: Other planets killing Calypsos economy?

I hope to god that gun has the wrong stats in the Item Description because as it stands it has more DPS than any other weapon in game other than the Prototype Launcher XXX,Marcos gun,The Terminator and the Mod Enblade-10 and all that with less than 4pec worth of ammo per shot.

And? Any reason to think this gun is somehow different to the Prototype guns on Calypso? As it comes from easily controllable limited blueprints, availability is very easily controlled. This is les unbalancing that the UL plasma guns from Harbingers. A super high dps, low level gun that is crafted from ultra-rare limited BP is about as unbalancing as the UL club Sheryo received.

Has it occured to people there will be a second golden age or something on RT in a couple of years when they open a new continent or something? And that then rare and precious stuff will drop? ANd the same for all other planets? And did people cheer or complain when VREX SGA blueprint dropped?

And? Any reason to think this gun is somehow different to the Prototype guns on Calypso? As it comes from easily controllable limited blueprints, availability is very easily controlled. This is les unbalancing that the UL plasma guns from Harbingers. A super high dps, low level gun that is crafted from ultra-rare limited BP is about as unbalancing as the UL club Sheryo received.

Any reason to think its not?
This is the part we will have to wait and see about.

If theres 20 produced per year like the prototypes then fair enough but we don't know that yet do we.

i know none of you probably want to be reminded of this but.....

MA has stated in the past repeatedly that all items in game have no more value then their tt value, any mu you invest in is a complete risk as an item is only worth its tt value. this includes skills on a skill chip.

the reason? they control the loot and at any given time they can decide "hey lets make mod faps loot like rain" hey lets remove the ul coloring tool from the tt, hey lets sell apartments but make their deeds value tt of 0.00.

who knows maybe ma made the scanners drop because science skills are going to have a major use now? who knows.

Im the only one thinking its a good thing ??

My guess is: Mindark want us to play and they released feature for this.

Over the time, Mindark dropped items here and here but some players collected them all, made cartel and price manipulation. That was ok for years.

Now there is a lot of old players out (or not) of the game with huge storage full of goodies. MA want them to put it on the market, that all.

So, from my window, this is a good thing and GG to RC.

Note, past tense: "released".

They dropped a whole bunch of scanners within a few hour and they stopped dropping as fast as they started, meaning, those of us who didn't get the chance just saw the end of the buss disappearing over the horizon. It reminds of end of SGA, where same player basically got the rest of the items the day after SGA officially ended, from different mobs. Or the graphic card where same person got 3 of them. Or the person who had two FAP-69 SGA in same loot window at end of his run.

As for the (L) gun: That is not as devastating. As someone mentioned before, it's like the prototype weapons that also required like level 3 and did 400 dmg (but only lasted 5 shots or so). Alternatively, an (L) version of imk2.

Also, those 90% of us or so who usually hunts on calypso or other planets wasn't even in the draw for the scanners.

What is World of Firepower and why is it comming..... sounds naughty if you ask me... but you didn't, so I shup.

I don't want to clutter this thread too much with it, but you can read more about it here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?242-WoF-2011
It's basically a hunting competition between nations (like Sweden, USA, Benelux, ...,) alternatively neutral teams like Team Eudoria. It's a spinoff of the old hunting event "Festival of firepower" (hunting with plasma rifles and other silly but "big" weapons).

Last edited:
Any reason to think its not?
This is the part we will have to wait and see about.

If theres 20 produced per year like the prototypes then fair enough but we don't know that yet do we.

I have no real proof, but look at the auction history of "JUELZ MIC-Killa SG-2 (L)" ? JUELZ-s series are the Rocktropia special guns.

Im the only one thinking its a good thing ??

Over the time, Mindark dropped items here and here but some players collected them all, made cartel and price manipulation. That was ok for years.

Now there is a lot of old players out (or not) of the game with huge storage full of goodies. MA want them to put it on the market, that all.

So, from my window, this is a good thing and GG to RC.

I would think..YES You are the only one.

They dropped a whole bunch of scanners within a few hour and they stopped dropping as fast as they started, meaning, those of us who didn't get the chance just saw the end of the buss disappearing over the horizon. It reminds of end of SGA, where same player basically got the rest of the items the day after SGA officially ended, from different mobs. Or the graphic card where same person got 3 of them. Or the person who had two FAP-69 SGA in same loot window at end of his run.

It has pretty much always been so unfortunately and I see very little change. You need to be in at the right time, at the right place and know what maturity of which mob to hunt to have any chance.

Also, I don't think the droping was "fixed" - I think N number was scheduled to drop from some mob, and those droped and that was it.

Also, I don't think the droping was "fixed" - I think N number was scheduled to drop from some mob, and those droped and that was it.
If this was true which it very well could be, then wtf drop them within a few hours or a day!? they should have dropped more rarely over a longer period of time if you ask me, but for now I think it was some freak bug sadly. (unless ND knew about it as the rumors regarding his bank tells us)

If this was true which it very well could be, then wtf drop them within a few hours or a day!? they should have dropped more rarely over a longer period of time if you ask me, but for now I think it was some freak bug sadly. (unless ND knew about it as the rumors regarding his bank tells us)

Rumors are just that, rumors. We don't even have a credible source for the rumor, never mind having actual proof the markup in bank was changed before the looting information was public. Instead of a rumor, we really have a accusation masquerading as rumor.

To judge the drop rate we would need to know how many of these dropped and how many kills on average were needed for a drop. You know, a lot of Calypso high levels showing up and ganging up on a mob can seriously skew kill rates and hence how often something drops.

Apparently MA does not control the item stats, or how do you explain such a gun?
(maybe check the eco on that thingie)

I don't care who fucked this up, MA or ND - the negative impact on Calypso is obvious.

Here is your answer (coming from a Planet Partner):

"To answer your question, yes, we have a free hand with all the stats in [...], be it weapon, fap or mob stats. MindArk indeed plays a part, but only in the final process, which is to make sure all the stats we present are balanced before putting the item in-game."

Happier now? I didn't think so :D; anyway, I'm VERY curious to what's going to happen in the future with items like this.

Well to me the whole point (and this is what nobody seems to be saying) is that they put certain rare items on RT loot just because they were rare, and wanted to attract people there. Do you really think that it is an accident that it happened to be an ES500? Paladin thighs? These are rare items and MA knows it. They presumably placed them there specifically to get people to go there to hunt.

Now what bothers me the most about it is that the whole idea of having separate planets is so that each planet partner can go out and advertise and attract their own players. The idea was never supposed to be to leach players from calypso to go to RT. If that happens, the player base spreads too thin as each new planet is introduced.

And when they drop rare Calypso items on RT, it changes the MV on Calypso. The end problem is that not only do they devalue the items, but they loose faith with the community. What's next? A mod fap for Christmas for every player? An LA for each? What investment is safe right now?

Sure, it's very easy to say that it is a video game and that any investment in here is high risk. That is understood. But the idea that MA will devalue rare or semi-rare items purposely, to attract short term activity on a different planet acts to hurt themselves very, very badly in the long run. It's really hard to adequately express how badly this hurts them. It is not a matter of "an investment going down in value". It is a matter of faith in the RCE platform in general.

my two pec
-fish

http://www.neverdie.com/neverdie-studios/4273-planet-partner-avatars-prohibited.html

Society NEVERDIE
Join Date Dec 2005
Location United States
Posts 746
Points 1,010,397
Level 100 Achievements:

Planet Partner Avatars - "PROHIBITED"
It has been brought to my attention that the Planet Partner Agreement strictly Prohibits Planet Owners or planet Partner Employees from Playing Entropia universe with private Avatars...

IF Mindark Choose to make public the specifics of this agreement, then that is up to them.

In general though What that means as far as I understand it regarding ROCKtropia and NEVERDIE Studios is that all of our Private Avatars must cease to engage in all End User Game Play activities, excluding perhaps logging in to manage pre-exisiting assets, until such time that employment is terminated.

All Official (Non Private) NDS or ROCktropia Avatars will be subject to Severe restrictions. (Management, Demo, Guide, Test, Roleplay Avatars, etc)

Further Clarification will be provided here if appropriate or necessary.

1) It is Possible to Create an Official Avatar for NEVERDIE or other NDS Employees to be used to enter the World and Chat with the community www.Neverdie.com

Why wasn't the bank sold off after this little "revelation" came out?!?... Yes, it's a "pre-exisiting asset," but in theory, aren't those pre-existing assets suppossed to be sold off ASAP?... Oh yes, forgot that Hanne already defined ASAP, lol...

Is Force still playing? He's still recruiting in the forums...

Last edited:
pretty please don't write "other planets" ... :rolleyes: because we don't know yet.
For NDS planets YES of course! :mad:

come on guys, didn't receive enough neg rep and comments trying to down my morale... hehehe life is beautiful isn't it?

I think Neverdie studios is feeling threatened from SEE taking over Calypso and the various new planets which are going to come online, so he is doing anything he can to get people to move to one of his planets. Any publicity is good publicity. Irregardless of why these items are dropping, I'm sure many are thinking I'm going there while there is a chance of hitting it big. Maybe SEE should take note and do something to change our minds, because I'm thinking its time to pack my Avatars bags if all the good stuff is dropping on another planet.

This Avatar's planet loyalty is for sale to the highest bidder...

Last edited:
I think Neverdie studios is feeling threatened from SEE taking over Calypso and the various new planets which are going to come online, so he is doing anything he can to get people to move to one of his planets. Any publicity is good publicity. Irregardless of why these items are dropping, I'm sure many are thinking I'm going there while there is a chance of hitting it big. Maybe SEE should take note and do something to change our minds, because I'm thinking its time to pack my Avatars bags if all the good stuff is dropping on another planet.

If that's what is happening then MA's plan for planet partners has failed, as new planets are supposed to foster their own player base from new players not steal them from existing planets.

i dont think other planets will kill calypso economy very soon. ND moves like a snail..not becouse he want..but becouse is hard..and for the moment there is no other competitor. So..for at least 6 months or one year...i doubt something will be change. ND..need tones of events(specialy big ones) to move important number of players from calypso. He need high value items to drop...no juices and L sticks..and phones:p..etc etc etc..no ofence but that is a sad true for the moment...need mining events...crafting events...new high value bp's..etc etc. I think is quite hard to make all these..and imposible to make them faster...and he need old players to help..and profesional marketing ..traders..crafters....miners..hunters to come.....etc etc. Every litle thing have to be covered. These things take time. So..in the next 12 months..is hard to make a difference....at least if ND..will make fast and smart moves.:wise:

Well to me the whole point (and this is what nobody seems to be saying) is that they put certain rare items on RT loot just because they were rare, and wanted to attract people there. Do you really think that it is an accident that it happened to be an ES500? Paladin thighs? These are rare items and MA knows it. They presumably placed them there specifically to get people to go there to hunt.

As far as Paladin thighs goes - not just the thigh guards but other paladin and hunter parts looted too. It is also a total disgrace these have not been looting. I very much hope these also got reassigned to some mob on Calypso too and will now be dropping.

I don't mind a good scanner dropping alot, but why ES500 on RT and not on Calypso? Why is MA helping ND to get players from Calypso?

Do you really think that it is an accident that it happened to be an ES500? Paladin thighs? These are rare items and MA knows it. They presumably placed them there specifically to get people to go there to hunt.

yes, I do. I think the incompetent staff at NDS made an error in their content update submission. they were likely looking to link in something more banal like some rocktroptia "albums" or other such nonsense and keyed the code incorrectly. then, I'd figure, the apathetic monkeys at MA accepted the upload without checking to see if was actually sound (this is different for what actually will work). likely, they had "assurances" from NDS that "everything was tested".

ah... the circle of life. it's often so sad that the rest of us live within it.

You buy items with the understanding that with this being an RCE the prices can change without warning, as new items get looted.

You cant just expect Rocktropia and Next Island to not drop items, just for the sake of Calypso's economy!

The ES500... How many people who are bitching about this actually have an ES500? Face it, an old school scanner dropping doesn't effect you one little bit!

I thought everyone missed having items in loot? Well, now there are items in loot! Happy? Of course you aren't, you are never happy, nor will you ever be!

I don't mind a good scanner dropping alot, but why ES500 on RT and not on Calypso? Why is MA helping ND to get players from Calypso?

exactly this. it makes little sence to the average player (living in complete ignorance of MA's plans and roadmap) and surely cant really even be in RT/NI interest to support them. they must be encouraged to pull in new players, not transfer existing ones.

You cant just expect Rocktropia and Next Island to not drop items, just for the sake of Calypso's economy!

we should expect new items in new planets, old items on Calypso. people have hunted, camped mobs for years in the vein hope of a nice drop. should we now just abandon these old mobs and go to the new planets? Its moving the goal posts on a whim.

MA controls loot completly they've said so to maintain balance in the universe so blame them. Seriously If ND controled loot i would have looted 10 mod faps and mod mercs by now.

we should expect new items in new planets, old items on Calypso. people have hunted, camped mobs for years in the vein hope of a nice drop. should we now just abandon these old mobs and go to the new planets? Its moving the goal posts on a whim.

I was referring more the the Juelz Ultra gun. ND has every right to create it for his planet, regardless of what it might do to another planets economy...

You buy items with the understanding that with this being an RCE the prices can change without warning, as new items get looted.

The ES500... How many people who are bitching about this actually have an ES500? Face it, an old school scanner dropping doesn't effect you one little bit!

I thought everyone missed having items in loot? Well, now there are items in loot! Happy? Of course you aren't, you are never happy, nor will you ever be!

For me its not so much having the ES500 drop but more of Neverdie leaking sensitive information. Maybe MA does control how many of an item is dropped but I do believe Neverdie knows what mobs drop specific items. That is the bullshit part that one guy basically looted all the scanners or atleast a majority of them.

In an interview ND said, he would never use inside information... and we have seen this when he changed the bank immediately...

A little story about the Universe. Where we were, where we are and where we go. As man travels trough time he takes with him what he has from the old world. As such, these old world items are used untill such time as that man figures out how to use the new materials on his new world. Once he does, his world changes......the beginning is here, the new world is here :)

why yesterday has been the 1st day since rt exists that armor parts dropped?
and why so few people seems concerned that new players have to pay auction fee to get pixie or other low protection armor?
How many people talking loud began to play eu started depositing a lot to shoot daikiba?

What is unbalanced? uber loot? new players access to the game? whinnings ?

rocktropians are happy, i can tell you.

yes, I do. I think the incompetent staff at NDS made an error in their content update submission. they were likely looking to link in something more banal like some rocktroptia "albums" or other such nonsense and keyed the code incorrectly.

Every item type should have a unique identifier with a planet code. The ES500 was an early item in PE (compared to now), if it had a low code then one of the new RT items could have been given the same identifier but when MA were building the item loot tables they accidentally put the wrong planet code in.

Rather than a NDS problem it could be purely down to MA and a sloppy content integration.

As for ND changing the bank, he could have been warned by MA that there was possibility that certain high MU items on his planet were likely to drop that shouldn't and that it would take a while to fix, especially if it were out of hours. Should the other bank owners have been warned?

If enough had dropped it could have radically changed the value of the items and lost any of the bank owners thousands of $ (if they had that much in their bank tellers which I doubt)

Last edited:
Back