PC: Imp 2870 - price today and in June?

Many good replies in here - thanks.

A few short comments, before I will go to bed:

* Yes, I know it's a risk to invest in a virtual gun that I might not will profit on.

* I do not have the perfect skill for it, perhaps never will get them either. This doesn't concern me at all, since I both will skill up with the gun and it's way more eco than the guns I hunt with today (don't ask, please :ahh:)

* The price drop is clearly individual for each item. I will not pay 80k for this gun in June, that's for sure.

* I am a bit lucky that this gun doesn't have a good range, so it would be more attractive for the upcoming LG event. Other items sure will get more popular than this gun, with the event in mind.

Well first off, I am an owner of one of these fine guns, so think what you will about that, I will try to be as honest as I can. You can fast-forward to the bottom for the price-check.

For anyone who is buying, you have to think that the i2870 is a long-term gun, you will have to use it a long time to benefit from it(With skills or no skills). In regards to skills, I was not so skilled when I bought it either(I was about 50). With scopes (Which are cheap as dirt atm) and a 106 amp, don't expect to consistently break even until about ~60 hit and dmg while hunting mobs that drop decent markup. It is a long term gun because you will have to use it a lot to get to the point where you have eco that outpaces the sib guns to get your money's worth(Unless you chip, which I could have chipped in like 30 levels worth with the money I'd have saved had I bought today :laugh:, but it was far cheaper to skill than to chip for me, if you want to go that route.) And then you actually have to use the gun while you have that advantage in eco for a long time.

Skilling up was not too bad. In the 40's I think you would get maybe 2 levels a week hunting about 4 hours(Non stop shooting) a day? In the 50's it would perhaps be 1.5 to 1 levels (towards the high 50's) a week hunting the same pace? Keep in mind that the skill events don't seem to have an end in sight either. When those come around, grab some caffeine, the energy drink of your choice and shoot from evening until the sun shines and then until evening again. I think I went from 54 to 63 in the triple skill event and I had finals during those weeks(Those weeks sucked. But I tried to get everything I could out of the event. If you really had some time maybe you could get to commando or real close)

The gun is a good gun, practically speaking, there's no other gun out there with more eco and dps other than the mod-merc(Of course there is ancient imk2 or mod mk2 but if you are being practical...). You shouldn't have trouble killing anything that you can get two hits in before having to fap(Although you shouldn't be fighting like that, heh.) The way it is now, for a lot of the mobs, it is like hunting mobs pre-regen. You'll have fun with the dps if you're used to something like the korss, but the DPS is really just a novelty the first few weeks, unless you try switch to something weaker that is(Then you'll miss it).

Also if you're looking to upgrade, the way I see it, it's a good gun to invest in, because no matter which way the market for the mod-merc goes, the i2870 will follow it. If prices continue to drop, it's not such a bad thing IMO because you can upgrade to the mod-merc for much cheaper other-wise. And if it goes upwards, you're richer, and you will get more for your I2870 when you decide to upgrade.

About the market, In retrospect I think I bought at the wrong time. I bought at a time last summer when everyone was looking to buy the gun(There were like 5 buying threads back then). Right now, everyone seems to want to sell the gun in this financial crisis. From an investors point of view, it may be a smart time to buy right now. With all of the sellers, I would think you could get a pretty good deal maybe as low as 70k at the moment(Sell when there are a lot of buyers, buy when there are a lot of sellers. Damn how I wish I had waited).

If you are serious about hunting it is a good value. Even with the way I hunt, which is in spurts I think it's a decent value, whatever I lost in depreciation, I've made up in skills at this point(If you value skills that is, if all of a sudden you find yourself thinking about chipping out in a year and you're not in it long-term, it can bite you in the butt if the value goes down more. Ask yourself if you're really a gamer. A lot of people who have been selling recently, they haven't been very active as of late.)

Really it is all about whether you are really serious about using the gun. If you think you can put in 4 hours a day for the next year, and you enjoy hunting, it's a great value. That's not easy to do IMO, especially when you first buy it, you might love the dps, but at lower skills, when your losing peds, it can be demoralizing. PEDs won't exactly be pouring in after 60 either, at that point you'll be on average breaking even weekly(Expect 1k dips and spikes, from my experience from 60-65 on CP). You will likely be breaking even most of the time, and hoping for the big one to bring you in some true profit after that point.

That was a long post eh, now that I'm looking at the title, your original question is what the price is now and what it will be in June... Right now I would say 70-75k could likely net you one, based on previous sales. But recently a lot of the guns that were for sale for like 3 months have finally sold though, so I think there could be a chance that the price will be turning sooner rather than later. As for June... that's a few months away... If you're not going to use the gun right away, I would wait until June. It's always a gamble though. My honest opinion as a owner, is that I don't perceive that much demand right now. Bottom line I think ~65k in June.(More than likely the price will be still around what it is now, since that's how it's been since like January I think.), that's just me spewing out numbers based on perception though. If you'll put the gun to use right away, regardless of which way the gun goes, it's a good buy. So if you really plan to use the gun, it's a good buy IMO, as an investment, more than likely I think it's going to hover around this price for awhile. Well, I hope that helps you in making your decision :). The value is worth it IMO, but you may be able to get it cheaper down the road. It's pretty low right now though, there might be more downside to waiting than upside. I'm going around in circles now. I will just say I think it's a good value at the current price, and I will be keeping it unless the price spikes up again because I do think it's worth it. The market is too crazy to predict, everything is cheap right now compared to a year ago, but things still seem to be getting cheaper... though I would say most of the depreciation seems to be slowing a lot lately.

Last edited:
Oh my, long post! Nice. I'll read it (again) later, saw that you added some text.

Many thanks for your exhaustive reply - very appreciated. +rep for that one!

I see that I need to clarify some things, to fill a potential gap.

Today or in June. I have decided that I will buy an Imp 2870. But not today. I don’t have PED for it. Most probably I will purchase the gun around early June, or in late May. That’s why I wanted a price check for “today” and in early June.

Skills and eco hunting. No matter if I will chip in skills or not, I am sure that the Imp 2870 will be way more eco hunting with than the guns I have used until now. A good friend of mine has teach me a lot in the “eco” terms, which I have started to learn by now. Unfortunately, I learned it the hard way :) Although it’s great fun, it’s ridiculous to use a fast and powerful non-eco gun to hunt with when you don’t have skill for it (non gun mentioned, non gun forgotten, so to speak). However, I will considerate chipping in a bit of skills too, yes. But I prefer gear before skills, and I am pretty satisfied with my skill level today (~40).

Upgrading. I will be satisfied with the Imp 2870, as in terms of not thinking of upgrading to Mod Merc. As I am really satisfied with my Adj Fap, and I do not consider upgrading it to an Imp Fap. Of course I cannot tell how the long-term future looks like, but within the next three years I can’t see a Mod Merc or an Imp Fap in my virtual hands. Just as you said, being practical (realistic).

The loot. I’m aware that the loot will not get better just because I have a good gun. However, I will be able to take down more, and perhaps bigger, mobs. That gives me an advantage in events. The eco gives me advantage in the daily hunting. I like to challenge my avatar VS big mobs. I know I can take an Atrox Prowler by myself today, with a bit of luck (no crits) and no annoying “The item is currently busy and cannot be accessed at the moment” messages. I will for sure try to kill one or five nasty Prowlers with the Imp 2870 too. Although I shouldn't be fighting like that, heh :D

Being a serious hunter. Since I don’t craft anything (and never did), and rarely using my OreFinder, I would definitely call myself a serious hunter. I’ve visited CP rarely, because I cannot survive alone up there. Not today, at least. Sure I can take a bigger Aurli by myself, but they never come one and one. My armor seems to be magnetified (is that really a word?) and appeals the Aurlis to gather around me. I guess you know what I am talking about? ;) When I am at CND, all I do is either hunting or chatting with all the nice people there.

Price check (estimation). Of course I am aware that it’s your estimation what the price will be for an Imp 2870 in early June. All estimations (and guesses) are welcome. As it seems, IMO, the price will remain ~70k, since it’s not that far away. It would be different if I was supposed to buy it in late December. I’ve chatted with an anonymous avatar who bought the gun for >100k.

Again, many thanks for your reply. +rep it is!

Nothing... will be the same story then the big china was going to start play. Nothing did happen whit price off stuff.
Many hope that price will go up when CE comes becouse more people are going to start to play. Will take 1-2 years before there will that amount off new people start looking for guns like this.

i2780 ~65k

Price on item will drop more to the summer, will be alot more people whitout jobs by then that own this kinda toys that needs to sellout... :(

can not make it that way, people do have money tho without working, Many more people deposit in summer, I allways noticed price goes up in summer, I think that is because people play all holiday / vacation and deposit big time there,. besides some rich people never takes day off and works 365 days a year,.

Yes, indeed, there are a lack of cash among the player base. Or at least the big player base holds the money. It would be interesting to see how many players who have sold (uber) gear and withdrawn the money into real cash. I am about to do the opposite - invest/risk a lot of money to get some nice gears at fair prices. The Adj Fap was the first I got, later comes the Imp 2870.

I say grats to Yerman for selling it at 87k for six weeks ago. Also grats to the unknown buyer, who have bought a really nice and eco hunting gun - altho the price was a bit too high IMHO.

It's still about 8 weeks until I can buy me an Imp 2870, so it's too early to speculate what price I will pay... but 87k? No, that's way to high.

Kinda wrong about peds tied up in the ubers / big players,. A LOT of peds is stuck in noobs that do not play or even log in, some persons people have bought sweat of for ages (Talking about multiple accounts that have sold sweat, Different persons all over the world) , their accounts not used and there is peds stuck in their avatars,. OUR PEDS

can not make it that way, people do have money tho without working, Many more people deposit in summer, I allways noticed price goes up in summer, I think that is because people play all holiday / vacation and deposit big time there,. besides some rich people never takes day off and works 365 days a year,.

sorry but you notice MORE money in summer? that is not what I've noticed in my many years here.... WINTER is when the deposits start happening that is if people still have IRL job home etc. :rolleyes:

summer prices drop, people sell out todo IRL things, holiday outside stuff, prices NEVER go up in summer is for selling low buying low always has been... winder its cold people say inside and then consider buying items , show me stats to prove otherwise please

and as for all the peds being held by the sweat hording noobs...get that pipe away for that mouth long enuf to at least let it get cold lol

Last edited:
there is some around for sell at around 70k...
I think abomb didnt sell his , and will put in ingame auction...

as for fair price well , if you have skill to max it , then it worth the 50k or even 70...
but hell , if you dont have the skill , you better buy an UL what ever you maxout straight away.
You will do way better with HL8 than imp 2870...

Thanks for the new replies.

The economy will sure be better with HL8 than Imp 2870. But I want firepower that I can take advantage of in the future. Not sure if I ever will reach lvl 100 to max it, but I will hopefully reach a lvl where I am satisfied with a Imp 2870. Too bad there is no HL11 out there, that one have worked quite fine for me.

The economy will sure be better with HL8 than Imp 2870. But I want firepower that I can take advantage of in the future. Not sure if I ever will reach lvl 100 to max it, but I will hopefully reach a lvl where I am satisfied with a Imp 2870. Too bad there is no HL11 out there, that one have worked quite fine for me.

stormer looted an ul hl11 year ago orso,dunno if he still has it or if he is selling,but you can always ask :)

bait got it off auction for tt+80k

i wonder what is price of HL 11 ...

Tzepu has one for sale in his shop at twin peaks mall. Its up at +73k.

Hope it helps :)

Thx again for many good answers.

So there are a looted HL11 out there? Cool. Can't be many of them tho. I've seen the stats at Entropedia, but never seen it in game or here at EF.

Thanks Sunny, i've seen the thread, but A-bomb seems to want a fast(er) deal. I am quite slow :) It's not 100% that I will buy an Imp 2870 yet, but it looks like it so far (not June yet).

Medea: Is it a HL11 (UL) or an Imp2870 that Tzepu has in shop? :rolleyes: Dunno the price of the HL11, wouldn't be supriced if it's up at +73k.

Would be good if you all specify the actual name of the item (abbr, or abbreviation, is ofc OK), instead of "one", "a", "an", and so on ;) Thx.

Oh, Im so sorry.. I refered to the price check only so I meant the imp2870...should have made it clear tho :D

from PEAuction:
Lost formating I know but still usable...

Auctions with at least one bid:
Date Qty TT Value Bid Amount # Bids TT+
November 25th 2008 11:21 PM 1 1329.20 PED 70506.00 PED 52 +69176.80 PED
April 11th 2008 09:48 PM 1 1342.74 PED 76343.00 PED 1 +75000.26 PED
October 16th 2007 05:18 PM 1 236.85 PED 50237.00 PED 1 +50000.15 PED
August 08th 2007 11:52 AM 1 1350.00 PED 46350.00 PED 1 +45000.00 PED

Auctions without bids:
Date Qty TT Value Bid Start TT+

April 05th 2009 12:16 PM 1 1016.95 PED 75517.00 PED +74500.05 PED
March 02nd 2008 06:10 PM 1 1350.00 PED 68350.00 PED +67000.00 PED
March 02nd 2008 04:00 PM 1 1350.00 PED 74696.00 PED +73346.00 PED
February 10th 2008 10:53 PM 1 1350.00 PED 71350.00 PED +70000.00 PED
July 22nd 2007 01:48 PM 1 239.10 PED 50239.00 PED +49999.90 PED
July 17th 2007 05:02 PM 1 1349.56 PED 61350.00 PED +60000.44 PED
July 15th 2007 12:46 PM 1 239.10 PED 60240.00 PED +60000.90 PED
July 08th 2007 10:05 AM 1 239.10 PED 70240.00 PED +70000.90 PED
July 07th 2007 12:20 PM 1 1349.56 PED 61350.00 PED +60000.44 PED

PEAuctioon does not record Buyout Auctions so some prices of sold Items are missing. Not sold Items should be complete.

Auction doesn't mean a lot on higher end items.
Most are trades on the street and through networks.

And those on auctions are mostly not 'seen' by interested people because they are discussing through PM, FL, ...

Anyway, I owned this gun and I loved it.
From a price point of view I know the history very well ...

When I bought it (about 2 years ago), I paid TT+73K
Just a few weeks before one was sold on auction at TT+75K
The next summer one on the auction went for TT+45K
I sold mine for TT+80K last year (Q2 I think)
Price went up to TT+100 - 120 about 2-4 weeks later after my sales
Price dopped again now to tt+70-80, the price I initially bought it for.

Very unstable price for this one I'd say

+60 > +75 > +73 > +45 > + 80 > +100 > +120 > +100 > +80 > + 70 > ?

Hope this helps,

Atami

PS : It is a good weapon

My i2870 sold for +73k, so if he managed to buy one for +65k jsut the other day id say he got very very lucky :)

very very lucky

Or person payz for yourz is too much. Most guns lost 50% of value so 73k is more than i'd pay for surz. Dont think I'd pay 60k wit recession getting worse and worse.

Or person payz for yourz is too much. Most guns lost 50% of value so 73k is more than i'd pay for surz. Dont think I'd pay 60k wit recession getting worse and worse.

If this was true, id like you to point me in the direction of the 150k modmercs or 100k imk2s :D.

Anywho, i dont agree at all. The recession isnt getting worse and worse in Europe, its starting to pick up over here so i think item prices are gonna swing right on back in a near future. And i dont think +73k is too much at all, i think its a very fair price compared to what youd have to pay to get something similar to it... which is more than twice, closer to tripple the amount.

If this was true, id like you to point me in the direction of the 150k modmercs or 100k imk2s .

They would if honest auctions with bidz were made. +73k for gun you need lvl 80 on to start seeing signicant improvement isnt so hot, hl14 beats it for most playerz. Gun is too weak for future of game imo. And economy isn't improveing for joe blow in streetz, job forcasts for most countries North America or Europe is bad for coming year.

Age of excess is over, wont return for long long time.

They would if honest auctions with bidz were made. +73k for gun you need lvl 80 on to start seeing signicant improvement isnt so hot, hl14 beats it for most playerz. Gun is too weak for future of game imo. And economy isn't improveing for joe blow in streetz, job forcasts for most countries North America or Europe is bad for coming year.

Age of excess is over, wont return for long long time.

So check it ait, diz hez gun ai iz been the illest of them ill azz gunz ait? Zee it dont needz more dan them bout 65 levelz ait, cuz itz gotz dat hi ecoz n all ait? Man ims tellin ya yall dun needz none of them 80z levelz yo, cuz dez gunz dun roll like that.

PEACE!

Zee it dont needz more dan them bout 65 levelz ait,

For signicant improvement, lvl 80 ya need. 65 is same eco as L. Natural skill from 65 to 80 is a long time.

For signicant improvement, lvl 80 ya need. 65 is same eco as L. Natural skill from 65 to 80 is a long time.

What were your results using a 4.3+ eco ul gun with over lvl70 hit skills?

recession getting better in europe my arse :rolleyes:

read the news / read the internet read the paper watch your friends loosing jobs and houses then tell me vitual guns didnt drop a shite load ;)

recession getting better in europe my arse :rolleyes:

read the news / read the internet read the paper watch your friends loosing jobs and houses then tell me vitual guns didnt drop a shite load ;)

Thats because we are still fighting the aftermath, so what you describe is indeed true. But the recession is getting better for sure, there are lots of signs of it... most of them i see from my office.

And im not saying prices didnt drop, they crashed for sure.

Thats because we are still fighting the aftermath, so what you describe is indeed true. But the recession is getting better for sure, there are lots of signs of it... most of them i see from my office.

And im not saying prices didnt drop, they crashed for sure.

Dude, it gets worse everyday. Helsingborg is not better then rest off sweden!

Back