Ready, Steady, Go!

Actually "jeep" as he spelled it is a common noun, not the name of a brand.

Yep another proof of stupidness ... sorry folks, don't be that careless! You may think it's not that important ... you are wrong.

@Marco: Will we get Mercedes or Jeep?

EDIT ... or maybe Toyota only ... :laugh:

I have been away about a week and have yet to long onto EU yet but this news has made me think about taking Monday off of work. I have so much comp time to burn that I know I can call off for the day and have no issues other than not getting work done and then I remember.

When I stayed off work for several other events over the last 4.5 years and almost every single one was disspapointing.

This is a little different I think but I am not sure if I want to stay home or not. I have a day to decide yet I guess.

This is a little different I think but I am not sure if I want to stay home or not. I have a day to decide yet I guess.

I get the feeling that these first ones are meant only as teaser and show only the most basic elements available and as they'll all be (L) and we've no details on how long they'll last, i.e. decay rate or what causes it, I'm not that worried about missing out.

I just hope we're not getting the 4x4's and quads from Crysis and getting something a bit more scifi.

Personally I'd only be really happy if I could have my own Tachikoma.

During test we had a scene where a car was speeding to get away from an Atrox Stalker - it was very much like the scene from the movie Jurrasic Park when the T-Rex pursues the jeep. =) So most cars can outrun most mobs.

Vehicle combat is geared towards PvP and mounted weapons cannot be used to hunt mobs.

[YOUTUBE]vEbeHX-T2uM[/YOUTUBE]

I hope the turrets surrounding popular towns can keep up, that being the case. :)

[YOUTUBE]vEbeHX-T2uM[/YOUTUBE]

I hope the turrets surrounding popular towns can keep up, that being the case. :)

rolf....pe does not have that kind of action ;p

Hey Marco, think you could give 'dis out for 17 PED?

Flashy vehicle for sale

Given this is a sci-fi game, I think it'd fit in better than Kostabi did. :)

So, when do we get the Beer shipment?

And when does the Calypso Law Enforcement get off their backsides?

:D

hehe we need more news MA :yay:

Well thats made the lootable pvp areas a lot more dangerous :laugh: seeing a green dot on radar its not long range weaponry we've got to worry about now we've little or no chance to get away as they'll be able to close the gap faster than ever to use the vehicle weaponry. Or are the weapons only good against other vehicles?

AOA mob trains in PA anyone :D you tell people that hide under the ground at the rig they're using an exploit to clear it with mob trains and then you give them a perfect toy to do it with instead :laugh: no where will be safe.

That was exactly wat I was thinking when Marco said he cud "outrun an Atrox Stalker" using one of these "jeep" cars...:rolleyes::scratch2::wtg:. Also after MA said that this new patch wud eradicate the underground glitch to grab mobs to the rig...U give us a car that can do it for us with more convinience without the risk of getting banned? Gr8t move Marco/MA/FPC....u must b feeling pretty :cool: by now, pretty ironik really..NOT TO MENTION RIG IS STILL BROKEN!!

Last edited:
So, tell me, in ur first post u say each car will be unique, then you say all cars will be of the same type... Hmmm, i dont understand *sry im stupid*

i just got back from work and saw that and was whondering the exact same thing.:eyecrazy:

and more questions, what happens if i hit a mob? hit a tree? go into deep water? hit a av out of pvp, hit an av in pvp, hit a rock, is it possible to roll it?, what happens if i roll it?

Last edited:
i just got back from work and saw that and was whondering the exact same thing.:eyecrazy:

The same look/style.

Unique in that each avatar will own their own.

Keys or some other thing that attaches it to the avatar's belongings.

Smog in Twins

earn peds & ferry the noobs past the argos, TP taxi service !

As soon as the update goes through, there is likely to be a crash with everybody rushing to get a free car! So everyone gets the same model or is it based on how much you have deposited? Gonna have to rush home from work!

NOT TO MENTION RIG IS STILL BROKEN!!

Rig always "brake" before a big update ( or atleast this behaviour started a few months ago ) , i assume they turn it off for some reason , maybe to start the new update with less possible problem sources.

cheers

ermik

psst... FPC it might be nice to give away these as the freebie gifts in the next holiday that rolls around (I realize you are not in the USA, but 4th of July is just around the corner). ;)

Hmm..a car can be very useful in pvp3-4.No chance to tp away especially if some1 can fire from the car as well. :cool:

I hope we get whole new continent for that pvp cars.
Still dont understand why we get weichles L for gift and "plenty"
Is idea so bad that we need to get them for free to get used on them?

I hope we get whole new continent for that pvp cars.
Still dont understand why we get weichles L for gift and "plenty"
Is idea so bad that we need to get them for free to get used on them?

I think it's for a stress test.

They want all the vehicles they give away to be used right away at the same time so they can measure the real time effects on the server.

"Coming with the next update (tentatively on June 21st) vehicles will make their arrival at ROCKtropia. Starting on Monday your ROCKtropian Crew will be wandering around and handing out some FREE vehicles to our die-hard ROCKtropians.

You might just be one of the lucky ROCKtropians to get a new ride – FREE!"

"Coming with the next update (tentatively on June 21st) vehicles will make their arrival at ROCKtropia. Starting on Monday your ROCKtropian Crew will be wandering around and handing out some FREE vehicles to our die-hard ROCKtropians.

You might just be one of the lucky ROCKtropians to get a new ride – FREE!"

So Calypso gets humvees. Will the starter vehicle be the same, or the same thing so many Rock bands start with: The Beat Up Van! LOL

earn peds & ferry the noobs past the argos, TP taxi service !

Ahhh Oh My Gosh! I got one better Britanicus...Mobile Storage Vehicle! 4 hire @ ur service :D. If cars have trunk space like a certain weight or amount of unique stackables maybe 200. Then anyone with an UL car could do this as a service. With a Limited car it might not help as their would always be an MU & the hunters could always buy them cheaply & ask a friend to drive it :(. Gd thinking thou Britanicus +rep I'll be sure to be either a customer or ur Nemesis :laugh::wtg:.

Last edited:
I just got a vision of people parking their cars, going off for a hunt and coming back trying to find it. They all look alike, my little remote to make it beep so I know which one is mine was not included. :eek:

I am 90% sure they wont be L,none of the part has L sign.
But who knows.

Ahh,and what would happen with the used up cars?or i just simply leave it somewhere with 4% condition,and if 10000 ppl do the same EU will stop,server go down.

I am 90% sure they wont be L,none of the part has L sign.
But who knows.

Ahh,and what would happen with the used up cars?or i just simply leave it somewhere with 4% condition,and if 10000 ppl do the same EU will stop,server go down.
The freebies will be (L) - Marc has told us that.

I believe there is an 80% chance that this event is going to be a disaster with lots of "bugginess" coming from these new vehicles that will need to be resolved with many many updates in the future.. Please do prove me wrong MA :)

I can only hope they will fix the update bugs before WoF Final match this Saturday

Bah, sucks that my PC definitely won't be here by tomorrow. Well, everyone enjoy their Scooty Puff Jr.

Back