Recent Changes to Team Settings

Cant you just devote more system resources to the loot system so that there is no loot lag?

So , if you think its lack of system ressource that make the lag , your idea , take ressource from somewhere to reduce lag at loot , will create lag a the said somwhere place.
So , the question is , what process would you agrea to make lagy ?
Domage to mobs , switch weapon , mouvement , mining , crafting , auction ?

der add more resources?

Maybe thats what they are doing and why it is taking a month to get it implimented.

i understand this as a "Damage determines" option.
so is equal distribution ever coming back?

granted i'm ok with having the leader take all in a 2 or 3 person loot with my closest peeps but what about when doing a hunt with those you dont know well? *i.e. noobs by pheonix rallying to slaughter the nearest corn prov....

equal is best when you don't know who you are hunting with.
you know....like it used to be lol

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda comes to mind.

Great point, didn't spot that one. Hope it's just an omission on Marco's side and he forgot to mention it.

The equal setting is vital.

First of all Marco, very nice that you are listening to the community and acting accordingly.

Since it will be some time before it's implemented, could you give us a little more detailed description of all the rules available in VU8.8?
Maybe we can give feedback before it's actually implemented and prevent all the negativity like with the current changes.

this has always been the case, if you looted GSI (ESI) in team one person got it and you would split the money after it sold, you can't change it, same with other items with big tt values, and they didn't increase the frequency of these items, did they? they only replaced peds/pecs with oils

anyway i love that you guys listened to us ^^ (i too had sent a SC)
I just hope you didn't forget the equal option cause you only mention the "damage determines" option :eek:

yes, i understand that, but the esi (or any item with a condition bar for that matter) was always looted on top of some peds, so at least all the team got somthing. as i understand it, now, there is still a strong possiblilty of looting only an esi, so the other person still gets nothing. if i am wrong, thats cool, but if not, its not much of a fix imo if the ratio between stackable's:normal items has been changed..

Very thanks for the update and the anounced VU. But i would like to get back the "Even" teamrules.

I do sometimes lead a sweat team, means helping some noobs out and give them some fun and protection while sweating the first few days. They learn on that way also how to act properly in team and the chat functions. On this sweat teams i did usualy set the team on even, means i shoot alone the dry mobs and everybody gets a few pecs or sometimes a ped :) They do really appreciate that ha ha.

So, i only got now the posibilities to random or queue. Booth of them have a big potential that a single ava gets several times in row the "bigger" loots, like 2-3 peds and some other gets always a loot of a few pecs. Of course, its a gamble but since im trying to help and increase the fun for the starters i would welcome the "even" rule.

yes, i understand that, but the esi (or any item with a condition bar for that matter) was always looted on top of some peds, so at least all the team got somthing. as i understand it, now, there is still a strong possiblilty of looting only an esi, so the other person still gets nothing. if i am wrong, thats cool, but if not, its not much of a fix imo if the ratio between stackable's:normal items has been changed..

There is only one way to fully solve this problem: No items in teamhunts. I dont think people want that. In case of an esi (or other (L) items), it might be possible to split the item itself. But that can also turn out bad (for example, a korss worth 5 ped)

First of all thank you MA for listening.

But...and this is a big BUT, I feel dissapointed in MA that they could not foresee the decrease in the fun factor. I really wonder how u decide in changes???

Developer A: Current loot system is a heavy burden on performance we should change it in next VU.

Developer B: You are certainly right we should get rid of "Damage determines loot" .

Developer A: My dear B u are a genius that would increase the system performance tenfold.

Developer B: Yes I know do you think we should ask an EU addict b4 we make such a change.

Developer A: Naaa, as I said you are a genious B , what possible implications such a change would have on gameplay?

Developer B: Non I reckon, as you said I am a genious.

It should be compulsory for MA employees to spend at least an hour per week ingame ...

Since it will be some time before it's implemented, could you give us a little more detailed description of all the rules available in VU8.8?
Maybe we can give feedback before it's actually implemented and prevent all the negativity like with the current changes.

Im with you EyeContact in this one :)

It should be compulsory for MA employees to spend at least an hour per week ingame ...

Make it 5h week :laugh:

MA should pay part of their salary in peds that they are not allowed to withdraw ;)

Loot lag and Equal team

Please bring back the equal division of loot.

and about the lootlag... I can deal with it. (Just as long as every time it happens, I get something good out of it...)

:)

Good move. Thanks. :thumbup:

Any chance of something to be done regarding the ammo so we can keep the looted stuff seperate to what we went out with?

We need this to be fixed quickly.

So one thing that MA could do is to make all ammo go to a storage box, the teamleader have it in the inventory, easy to split ammo after the hunt is over.

Or MA can make all shooting weapon loadable with the ammo, just put 100K ammo to the weapon like you put on amps and scopes.....

My two pecs..
Rapido

interesting idea rapido.
equip your ammo to your gun like an amp

almost like loading a magazine into your weapon...
would add a sense of realism.
and if you run out of ammo mid fight...reload lol

make it like it is now with no limit of ammo, but make it so that any ammo not equipped to the gun is not automatically used.

WOOT!!

We speak, MA listens. :)

next time just realize it's ok to say "oh damn, we didn't think about how this change would affect that" instead of making up silly lies about efficiency and stuff. ;)

Please bring back the equal division of loot.

and about the lootlag... I can deal with it. (Just as long as every time it happens, I get something good out of it...)

:)

yea wouldn't not having to display the icon's reduce lag also. Loot screen is cool and all but i think WoW has it that it shows loot in text and if you click the text then the items info loads up. That would be sweet.

... text and if you click the text then the items info loads up. ...

Not only there, but in some other clients for other online computer run entertainment systems...

yea wouldn't not having to display the icon's reduce lag also. Loot screen is cool and all but i think WoW has it that it shows loot in text and if you click the text then the items info loads up. That would be sweet.

The display of icons is done on the client side so any lag produced by this is client only. Ma's big concern is server latency, if the servers are always busy trying to calculate percentages and loots - thats bad mmmkay!

Perhaps MA can look into having the client perform auto stacking of ammo :)

We need this to be fixed quickly.

So one thing that MA could do is to make all ammo go to a storage box, the teamleader have it in the inventory, easy to split ammo after the hunt is over.

Or MA can make all shooting weapon loadable with the ammo, just put 100K ammo to the weapon like you put on amps and scopes.....

My two pecs..
Rapido

I love that idea Rapido.
That would also open for the posibility to have different kind of ammo for a gun. PVP with icebullets anyone :D

This was indeed a good news and a great relief. I was beggining to worry about my society fellows going in team hunts ;)
:cheer:

Sorry Mindark.....not good enough!!!! why can't you make stackable items split evenly between team members?? why does it have to be Dmg determines??

I'm sure you've got some trainee programmer you could get to spend a few hours sorting this for us.... Team hunting for me is at this time unnacceptable

Thanks Marco! You are a BOSS!

EQUAL is vital.
At the moment Mindark expects me to do it with a pencil and paper and calculator.

First I must write down how many wools, hides and other ammo I have
and then at the end I must subtract it and divide it and then there is the
problem of the one or two extra Fine Wools that are left over.

I do not believe that the servers are processor bound and are unable to
do a divide by a small number. It is no more work to implement EQUAL than DAMAGE DETERMINES

My favourite (and IMO fairest) hunting setting was DAMAGE DETERMINES on items and EQUAL on pecs/stackables.
This acknowledged and rewarded the person who did the most damage, which could be the person who ran in first, but the main loots are equal.

It would also be nice to add to the wish-list, though not difficult as it does it already for teams, is to display the value of the loot in the chatbox. I find it very difficult to work out whether a particular hunt or mob type is looting good or bad today. I cant add up 2 cod liver oil, 3 eye oil, 4 planks, 5 Robot Rings, 6 Fine Hides and a Partridge in a Pear Tree(L). Maybe it is a deliberate MA game design decision to blur this to stop people thinking about loots like that, in which case it has been thoughtful and intentional.

I don't want to tell MA programmers how to do their job, but ;)
this could be implemented by allowing Teams of 1.

Please put it back as it was, only with oils instead of pecs.

I'm not sure why everyone is so hell-bent on the need for "even" splits. We all know that the guns that do more damage more often than not having higher ammo consumption as well as higher decay.

Splitting loots by damage is overall the single best option. If you still want to do an "equal split" you can always set LEADER TAKES ALL and split it at then end of the hunt like we have been doing since the VU changed loot rules.

All being said and equal, I would rather have the Damage Determines rule reinstated than nothing at all.

If I want to do EQUAL it's because I want it to be equal.
If I want to do DAMAGE DETERMINES it's because I want it to be so.

But you are telling me (are you?) that I must write down how many wools, hides and other ammo I have, and then at the end I must subtract it and divide it. :mad:

This needs pencil, paper and a calculator.
A server could do this better.

If I want to do EQUAL it's because I want it to be equal.
If I want to do DAMAGE DETERMINES it's because I want it to be so.

But you are telling me (are you?) that I must write down how many wools, hides and other ammo I have, and then at the end I must subtract it and divide it. :mad:

This needs pencil, paper and a calculator.
A server could do this better.

I'm not saying you have to do anything at all. I'm just saying that of all the possible loot splitting methods out there, equal is the one that is easiest for a person to handle on their own. Thus, it makes sense that if we are only going to get one option or the other back, I would vote for damage determines.

I don't know about you or anyone else, but I am capable of putting all my stuff into storage before I start a team hunt so that I can more easily track what we loot, rather than worrying about keeping a list.

At the end, just divide everything up real quick and give it away. It isn't that hard.

On the other hand, try calculating how much damage the 4 people in the team did. Figure into that the number of missed shots (your best guess of course) for each team member, precisely how much damage each of their shots would have done if they had hit the mob...

well you get the idea.

Don't get me wrong, though, I am not saying it wouldn't be nice to have both of the loot distribution rules back, but we know that there was a reason why MA took them away. Marco stated that they wanted to reduce lag on the loot servers. Instead of putting all the looting options back the way they were before and having all the loot lag back, they are taking baby-steps by putting back the one option for now. It is possible that they may reinstate the other as well at a future time.

Only time will tell.

Back