Remove day/night cycle plz...

BruuD

Elite
Society
Ex Cons
Ace "BruuD" of Spades
Can't we just get rid of this silly day/night cycle?
It's annoying to be fighting mobs that you cannot see...
or if you find it just too cool to remove it, at least drop us some night vision goggles.

Thanks!

P.S. would like to hear if there is anyone out there who actually likes this day/night nonesense :rolleyes:

Edit: added a picture of how my hunting looks during night

Last edited:
In a pinch, your gun scope can be used for night vision, but I agree with you. It is just stupid that there is no flashlight technology available to the inhabitants of Calypso.

But this is typical of MA. Yet another unfinished storyline, so to speak.

I love the day/night-cykle and I want to keep it. It gives atmosphere and feeling and I am sure many will agree with that.

To be honest, I very rarely have problems seeing at night, have you tried turning your gamma or lighting up a bit on the screen?

Just drop some torches, nightvision and flares :coffee:

I hate it please remove it :mad: it the night everywere i go and everytime I have some spare time play

I love the day/night-cykle and I want to keep it. It gives atmosphere and feeling and I am sure many will agree with that.

To be honest, I very rarely have problems seeing at night, have you tried turning your gamma or lighting up a bit on the screen?

what he said :)

I agree. For people who use windowed mode, it's worse. Get rid of it or make it optional.

I only liked it originally because MA said they would have special night time only monsters, but that never happened.

When it was introduced, then it was night, and you did have to use things like swords etc to see. Now? I often don't even notice that it is night because it is so bright. So, removing it makes sense because there is no night at all! Or at least modify it so it gets dark at night.

get yourself a sword or fist that glows in the dark. ;)

I agree. For people who use windowed mode, it's worse. Get rid of it or make it optional.

I only liked it originally because MA said they would have special night time only monsters, but that never happened.

I play windowed and I dont have any problems hunting day or night. They added loot sparkle to help find the corpse at night / underwater which was a big help.

Day is 4 hours night is only 1 hour.

pvp3 at night is awsome , just add some rain and thunder please

I hate it, for all those who think there is no problem seeing the mobs in the dark, then go and try to hunt levi at fort victora in the dark......its impossible to see them

i find myself choosing where to hunt depending on where its night/daytime

I would greatly apprieciate a tick box in settingswhere i could just turn it off altogether

I play windowed and I dont have any problems hunting day or night. They added loot sparkle to help find the corpse at night / underwater which was a big help.

Day is 4 hours night is only 1 hour.

Yeah same, window mode 99% of the time and never any problems lately.

Also, if we did not have this cykle sights like the one in my signature would not be possible:

are people seriously too lazy to adjust their gamma setting? :scratch2:

I hate it, for all those who think there is no problem seeing the mobs in the dark, then go and try to hunt levi at fort victora in the dark......its impossible to see them

i find myself choosing where to hunt depending on where its night/daytime

I would greatly apprieciate a tick box in settingswhere i could just turn it off altogether

I admit hunting Levi there at night is a bit tricky, but come back in 30mins and it'll be daytime.

The option to turn it off at least would be nice. I play windowed as I use two screens and am often doing work and other stuff on the other monitor as I hunt. When night comes now I usually log off depending on where I'm hunting as I'm fed up of having to change to full screen to up the gamma as then EU minimizes all the time when I'm doing things on the other monitor. I struggle to even see my avatar in 3rd person in the CP main room or new outposts in daylight hours let alone night in windowed mode. I've tried fiddling with the settings for my monitor in the Nvidia Control Panel but it just pales out the game rather than brightening it which doesn't help. Admittedly some areas in game are pretty well lit even at night but others I can't see anything at all even using a scope.

I play in windowed mode and think day/night cycles is one of the greatest things we get with VU10. At first nights were too dark and too long, but now it's just perfect.
just add some rain and thunder please
This! I just tried to recall what else I wanted to be added.

Also, if we did not have this cykle sights like the one in my signature would not be possible:
I suspect that people who want it removed don't care much about sights, probably wouldn't mind to have mobs replaced with boxes too.

Exactly this plus make some mobs day and night active. Say, a certain mob only comes out at night for one hour and you have to use torches, nightvision goggles or flares to hunt them. That should give nice MU to special items these night active mobs drop. At day maybe you can hunt them in their caves.

:wtg:

We have the real world for sun sets/rises like that :)

I disagree. Keep night cycle and extend its duration.
:woot:

Without doubt should make it optional

I like it, it adds another variable that is out of your control to deal with in any situation. Then again trying to land a quad at night is damn near impossible and rather frustrating.

My vote is to make it an optional player setting.

Day night cycle is wonderful please keep it! :)

Don't make it optional, that would be too weird!
If anything, maybe disable it at low gfx quality settings or something...

I love it, almost always playing windowed, no problem at all!

As suggested above, play around with you gamma settings, maybe that will help...if not enough, you could always try switching to MF or a decent melee weapon...a club for instance :p

Mostly it's fine for me, but some areas are too dark at night. The Armax spawn at Fort Victoria is very difficult to hunt during the night cycle, and Arkadia is especially bad. I'm not sure what makes some areas are darker than others, but whatever it is it should be addressed.

I like night and want to keep it. things can be a little harder but you adjust.

Back