FYI: +rep anshe bank, fee expired!

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
anshe.jpg

I have no clue how and where to find anshe, so hope she sees this.

300 a month :eek:

it would be more worth just setting up a bank in side your atp for people

Nice... wonder how many people have their items in the bank and won't be able to get it 'till Anshe fixes it.

Nice... wonder how many people have their items in the bank and won't be able to get it 'till Anshe fixes it.

yeah thats true

Isn't this the second time we have been locked out of this bank? Is MindArk going to implement the external teller terminals soon?

And MA thought that fixed all bugs. -rep MA -rep Anshe

Isn't this the second time we have been locked out of this bank? Is MindArk going to implement the external teller terminals soon?

2nd time that I know of. First is when Anshe put it on auction and effectively locked all of her customers out.

You'd have thought when buying a bloody bank they would've set aside the rent for the full duration of the 2 year contract and would've paid it up for the full 2 years when opening?

Are there no professionals in the world anymore?

Jamhot

If I was cynical, I could almost consider this locking customers out as a 'tactic'....

The way this keeps happening to the banks is just silly.

The system really needs to changed, as people have items in these banks.

You cant have other peoples stuff being held in limbo like this at the whim of a disinterested avatar not paying the rent.

It could royally stuff up some persons plans if they cant get their item out when they wish.

Or even worse, lose it as the loan period expires.

All a bit odd really that this was not thought of while the banking system was developed.

The way this keeps happening to the banks is just silly.

The system really needs to changed, as people have items in these banks.

You cant have other peoples stuff being held in limbo like this at the whim of a disinterested avatar not paying the rent.

It could royally stuff up some persons plans if they cant get their item out when they wish.

Or even worse, lose it as the loan period expires.

All a bit odd really that this was not thought of while the banking system was developed.

Not very pro at all I agree.

IMO Banks shouldn't have to pay bloody rent they payed that much in the first instance $30 a month is a bit of a pisstake really.

Jamhot

wow like this is news :rolleyes:

Maybe the bank's monthly profit can't cover that enormous fee :silly2:
Maybe it can't, but my point is it shouldn't have to.

Don't MA get some cut already from the transactions that occur within the banking system , I don't know.

But I do know that if rent was removed which is really easy and means MA giving up some really not all that substantial revenue anyways, that people would be able to use banks and get to their stuff 24/7 without fear of Bank closing over a mere $30 a month.

And I imagine with that confidence people would do a lot more business with Banks which inturn would benefit MA and Bankowners.

A lot of things are done backwards in this game. Properties and shops should be sold cheaply. The owners make money offav transactions and tax and rent or whatever. So rather than going for the big dollar in the first instance one should concentrate on those getting filled. And in doing so a community will create itself within those places and owners will gain more from taxes on transactions that occur day in day out. Rather than focusing on the Big buck from the actual sales at the start.

I'm no business student but it makes sense to me.

Jamhot

haha! not enough dildo's pedo's and spanking in EU for 2nd life freaks. bye bye. just hope no one had items its bank.

wow like this is news :rolleyes:

Well Immortal, it is news as long as it keeps happening. Those that know about this can make our own choices.

But those new to the game may not know that this is possible.

If highlighting things like this help a newcomer make their own informed decision on whether they want to risk pawning their item, then threads like this certainly have their place.

I think the banks should all be shut down and all items returned, until a system is in place that assures that an avatar can pay their fee and get their item back should they wish, when they wish.

I wonder if this could be considered an exploit. If the bank owner saw that someone had pawned their Mod Fap and the rent was about to expire... Why wouldn't they let the rent lapse until the Mod Fap loan ended?

Mod Faps are well on their way to being worth as much as a bank, well half as much anyway.

Well after users were locked out of her bank the first time you would assume that no one would use that bank anymore...if she was just going to throw it up on Auction without informing anyone of her decision I'm pretty sure that's a sign that the bank is going under.

I feel bad for people who had items in there but really after what happened before it's just silly that people would still use this bank.

it's a BANK.

Not "BANK's", binche culo's.

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

I banked a couple jag pieces last week, I went to get them today and saw that the fee expired and I couldn't get inside. I wonder what will happen if my loan expires... Does anyone know any official word about what will happen if the loan expires? That would be kind of messed up if the bank owner got the items...

I banked a couple jag pieces last week, I went to get them today and saw that the fee expired and I couldn't get inside. I wonder what will happen if my loan expires... Does anyone know any official word about what will happen if the loan expires? That would be kind of messed up if the bank owner got the items...

File a support case right away so that MA is aware of the issue.

File a support case right away so that MA is aware of the issue.

I remember that marco/frank made a statement when anshe put the deed on auction.
Does anyone know where/what they said... :(

Well, if this is the second time happening, and MA is aware of it, as I am sure they are, then I would hope that they have ultimate control over players items inside the bank.

I would hope that MA would be sensible enough to not hold the players accountable for the actions of the bank owner.

That would, in my opinion, be bad business on behalf of both parties.

:confused::confused::confused: Wouldn't it?

I think the banks should all be shut down and all items returned, until a system is in place that assures that an avatar can pay their fee and get their item back should they wish, when they wish.

Yeah, not sure they should necessarily be shut down, but I certainly think any items locked up with loans expiring when the bank is 'closed' should be automatically extended for the duration of the close.

I hope MA responds to your support case. You are probably out of luck though; all trades are final... :(

Sent my support case in. Will keep you posted on how that works out.

I remember that marco/frank made a statement when anshe put the deed on auction.
Does anyone know where/what they said... :(

They said that no one would lose their items because a loan expired because the bank was on auction.

I don't believe I have ever seen an official post regarding what would happen if rent was expired and a loan expired. I am sure MA would make it right, would be a good thing to file a support case and ask just in case.

I looked for the statement from Marco that I thought was in the old Anshe Bank auctioning thread but could`nt find it. But if I`m not mistaken he said that items were secure while the bank was locked and would not be subject to forfeit. Clearly a wise policy for confidence sake.

I'm sure it's something along the lines of

"Minadark backs all trades carried out through the ingame banking system"

Jamhot

Back