FYI: +rep anshe bank, fee expired!

I'm sure it's something along the lines of

"Minadark backs all trades carried out through the ingame banking system"

Jamhot

I believe that same statement was in fact mentioned several times as well.

...A lot of things are done backwards in this game. Properties and shops should be sold cheaply. The owners make money offav transactions and tax and rent or whatever. So rather than going for the big dollar in the first instance one should concentrate on those getting filled. And in doing so a community will create itself within those places and owners will gain more from taxes on transactions that occur day in day out. Rather than focusing on the Big buck from the actual sales at the start.

I'm no business student but it makes sense to me.

Jamhot

I agree with this. I think cheap shops, booths and so on would mean some competition on market, also more people would care about having their shops stocked, for now it seems many are interested only in holding the deed until they can sell it with some profit... Or just hold it, just in case...

I wonder if banks provide their owners with any substantial profit anyway... This one obviously didn't. I remember the hype around virtual banks and now it seems that only silence and shame are left... But I do not check how many ppl visit banks everyday, so maybe I'm wrong.

While the idea of banks in EU sounds nice, the implementation is very... poor; I'd stay away.

Yeah, not sure they should necessarily be shut down, but I certainly think any items locked up with loans expiring when the bank is 'closed' should be automatically extended for the duration of the close.

I agree with the solution Jimmy to a degree. But what happens until it is implemented?

And it does not make it allowance for someone who requires their item at a specific time.

Until then, we still have the situation where people can have items locked away from them at no fault of their own.

I agree with the solution Jimmy to a degree. But what happens until it is implemented?

And it does not make it allowance for someone who requires their item at a specific time.

Until then, we still have the situation where people can have items locked away from them at no fault of their own.

I was kind of thinking they could do it now. Just extend the loan length on all items in the bank whilst its closed. Can't be too tricky in itself, although I guess maybe loan payment rates may need tweaking too to make sure people don't end up paying extra - not too familiar with how the loan system works tbh.

But yes, it wouldn't get the items back in the meantime, but at least people wouldn't lose their items to expired loans.

I was kind of thinking they could do it now. Just extend the loan length on all items in the bank whilst its closed. Can't be too tricky in itself, although I guess maybe loan payment rates may need tweaking too to make sure people don't end up paying extra - not too familiar with how the loan system works tbh.

But yes, it wouldn't get the items back in the meantime, but at least people wouldn't lose their items to expired loans.
FREEZE all assets kind of thing!

Jamhot

aura is now running the bank, and being the holidays i'm 100% sure the non payment of the bank fee is purely an oversight on her part. i have an item in the bank atm, and am planning on paying the loan off and retrieving it in several days.

i'm 100% not worried anything nefarious is going on. and yes, i believe that the last time this issue occurred, mind ark stated that no body would be penalized by loss of an item due to the bank owner's forgetting to pay their maintenance fee.

perhaps, if this keeps happening, the simple solution is to remove the maintenance fee all together for the banks. didn't the bank owners kick in enough on the 600-950k deeds, without having to pay mind ark 30 bucks a month to run the banks, afterall?

should i see aura pop in online, i'll make sure she's aware of the maintenance fee issue should she not already be aware of it.

such utter BS. Anshe... where do I start? no excuse at all, so unprofessional. MA... WTF? why not ask for rent to be payed every 6-12 months... totaly mental, no actually just sheer bloody lazyness

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/pe/en/rich/6717.html?supportnewspage=8

Information Regarding Entropia Banks
3 Nov 2008

Today, when a bank is set to a restricted state, which is a fundamental part of maintaining security when estates are traded, it also stops a loan-taker from accessing the bank teller, thus stopping him or her from reclaiming the collateral item in a loan.

In a future release a reclaim terminal will be added to the outside of each bank building, allowing all loan-takers to always be able to reclaim collateral.

MA is already thinking of a solution for items locked in a "nonresponsive " bank so maybe a new VU will implement that .
i am sure support case will have a positive answer/solution .

While it is very unprofessional to allow the fee to expire, one must consider that by doing so, word of mouth (like this thread) should be an education about where NOT to do your banking. I for one have never used a bank ingame. I cannot think of an instance where I would use a bank ingame. This does not really affect me, but as a fellow colonist it speaks volumes about the level of customer service Anshe Bank provides. I would think that since this is the 2nd time this has happened, all items would be removed once entry to Anshe Bank is allowed again. I certainly pay attention when I come across shops with expired fees... I never enter them again.

Epic Failure part 2

Reactions: Pip
Maintenence fee was paid, and the bank is up and running again :).

Maintenence fee was paid, and the bank is up and running again :).

it shuld never have not been paid. :p i dont get why they dont pay like atleast 5 months ahead to avoid these things. i would surely do it like that. :p

Can they do that? :scratch2:

I assume it is the same with all estates, i paid fee on a house ingame for 7 months ahead, so ye. they can. shuldnt be any diffrent right? just press it again after you paid for this month and u can extend 30 days and keep going like that

Simplest solution for MA would be to limit the maximum timeframe for pawning stuff to the period the rent has already been paid.

Since rent for estates is non-refundable the 'bank' owner can't shrink the timeframe the users have to to enter and reclaim their pawned items.

Problem solved.

Tussi

Sorry I was traveling and could not log in for last day and did not remember pay the rent. I'm sorry if this inconvenienced anyone.

Sorry I was traveling and could not log in for last day and did not remember pay the rent. I'm sorry if this inconvenienced anyone.

like i said in my -rep, if you and anshe cant even think to pay up your rent in advance, what on earth are you doing here???

are you and anshe playing a game at being a professional in a game? :p

Here not bank owner to blame , up to him to paz or not his rent.
But the system should not make a loan that will finish while the bank fee is not payed.
If when zou make a one month loan , the bank fee is pazed for onlz 20 daz , then zour loan is aborded.
I dont understand the system accept a loan when in first place its know the customer maz never get back is item.

ty for the -rep aura lily,i donated 1 efd, maybe you can pay the rent in advance now :p

it's called xmas folks.

thanks for getting the rent cleared up, aura, and hope you had a merry xmas with your family.

Back