Rocktropia is dying?

Rocktropia is dying?

• Total voters
Rocktropia is never-die :D

And what about mining/drilling there ? Tracker can't tell this...

Any experiences ?

Rocktropia is never-die :D

And what about mining/drilling there ? Tracker can't tell this...

Any experiences ?

yes the same ores as on calypso so why lose peds looking for good spots while we already have the good spots on calypso ?

only reason to go mining on RT(and other planets in general) is different ores/enmatters

i didnt vote cause i dont know. Fact is that 40ped trasportation fee is high and if the relations stay the same between the plantes and spacestations, the raw costs of a single spaceship flight between RT and Calypso will be about 75-78ped after MU for oil and decay, so the flight price will be pretty much 40ped per person.

I'm enjoying my time on ROCKtropia, it's fab and everything is kind of new. Not to mention that I had a couple of nice globals for little investment yesterday :)

yet again...80 peds for a returnflight....pfffff
Come on!!!

There's a reason Zombies are up there... it's because the whole place is one gigantic zombie. It wants to die, but just keeps coming back.

For sure its not dying ;p

Its been around for some simple months give it a break will u ?

LOL u just have to jump on the bandvagon rigth away do u ? hehe

Nahh it will be fine give it time and there will be just ok ;)

I'd defenitely go back there - if I get a HOF or something to pay for the TP fee. For me 80 ped (2x40) is about my budget for depositing for a day of hunting.

As for "moving" there; well first I'd need to know if there are any doable mobs (for me) that can possibly drops items I'm after - though I doubt it since most mobs there aren't interesting for me (most dragons kill me with 2 hits, and LoneWolves are mostly non looters).

Secondly if I'm to feel the place like a "home" it would be nice if I could have an apartment there, for instance now when Neverdie is withdrawing from CND, if it was possible to trade a CND apartment deed for Rocktropia apartment deed.

Again, I think Rocktropia is pretty cool, but it's not worth "moving" there for, and the TP fee is silly, at least on the level it's on now (again: pretty much each PED spent ingame come from deposited money, and it doesn't feel that fun putting 8 USD in the hands of a hangar owner who will take money out of game asap).

My reasons for not visiting as I said is high flight cost... and going to that planet has no advantage as I imagine the bulk of players still remain on Calypso and therefore to sell my goods I need biggest player base... and that is not RT.

• make planets completely separated and just let them use the engine themselves so they can make their own stuff WITHOUT screwing up the Entropia universe, and let MA take part of their revenue as payment.

So true, imho the biggest reason that FPC doesn't appeal to new players for long or older players are leaving is the screwed up economy and the insane amount of money needed to get better than mid-level.
Now just having all the same stuff with different graphics is totally useless.

I'm sure a new planet could succeed if it gave players a fresh start (everybody starts at zero) and offered a more balanced economy where people could progress equipment-wise just by playing for 15-20 USD/month without insane hofs and insane item prices.
There's only so much potential customers for something like FPC.

mmmmmm,,,,to repeat the majority.

1. Lower the travel cost for current players to under 5 USD(under 50PED).
2. Obvious, but Advertise for new players to increase the total deposit income.
3. Add areas for the newer players so the community can grow from the ground up.
4. Change the dynamics of the game... If their is not a true difference in game play from Planet Calypso why even bother traveling to Rocktopia?:) (If MA will allow it add a new career field.)

.... just my random thoughts regardless if Rocktopia is dying or not, improvements can always be made to planet.

I'm sure a new planet could succeed if it gave players a fresh start (everybody starts at zero) and offered a more balanced economy where people could progress equipment-wise just by playing for 15-20 USD/month without insane hofs and insane item prices.
There's only so much potential customers for something like FPC.

That is not likely to happen as the idea of the common infrastructure is, that all planets use the MA skill and item setup... you can maybe vary a little but unless you introduce new skills which only matter on one planet, this will not be possible. Also the balancing applies to all planets I assume...

That is not likely to happen as the idea of the common infrastructure is, that all planets use the MA skill and item setup... you can maybe vary a little but unless you introduce new skills which only matter on one planet, this will not be possible. Also the balancing applies to all planets I assume...

If that is the case the new planets are already doomed imho. FPC is already too big for the current number of players and a change of scenery could have been done with a new continent, no need for planets which cost 40 peds to get there on top of being the same old same old with new graphics:scratch2:

We should all expect a nice boost of content and no of users after CND gets sold as the money from CND sale will go into Rocktropia`s development and marketing.

We should all expect a nice boost of content and no of users after CND gets sold as the money from CND sale will go into Rocktropia`s development and marketing.

Maybe Maybe not thats something for the future but as some said before
more of the same just different graphics then nobody goes there.

there and at the other planets unique items thats is what we need to attract players and more then just a few guns

but lets give RT a bit more time

Recently i see hardly any globals from RT mobs anymore so thats not good for RT development so something gotta change

I think Rocktropia needs do get a "critical mass" of content and players, right now it's a bit too small and too few players. I could travel to RP again and play there if it was bigger and had more players, because i think the planet is pretty cool. But it's hard to sell stuff on the planet when there are so few players.
Add some more new mobs, some unique resources,bp and loot, a bit more landmass and i am sure some more players from PC will go over there to play. At some point the planet will get this "critical mass" of players and the flow of players will increase. The queastion is if they get that before other planets gets online and maybe take a big chunk of the players. Planet Cyrene will be the hardest competion i think (besides FPC).

Neverdie should take half of the profits off of that sale and hold them... use the other half for whatever advertising or studio upgrades are needed... now take that half that was saved and make some gigantic events in RT that pay out with large sums of that profit... that'll draw a lot of Calypso's residents back up there.

now take that half that was saved and make some gigantic events in RT that pay out with large sums of that profit... that'll draw a lot of Calypso's residents back up there.

In other words, if you can't get them based on the merits of your project, bribe them :laugh: Oh, and pay the transport fee too while your at it :rolleyes:

ive been up there for a few days been hunting Lemmy dragons hardcore and loot return is generally good. There are good hunts and bad hunts.. any mob you hunt in this game has its good and bad moments.

I love it because im all alone muahahaha ;)

tangled.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the only downside, it only happens when their wings get all tangled together :p

Last edited:
If that is the case the new planets are already doomed imho. FPC is already too big for the current number of players and a change of scenery could have been done with a new continent, no need for planets which cost 40 peds to get there on top of being the same old same old with new graphics:scratch2:

CKI still have the option of not allowing skills or items to work on their planet, everyone would start at the same level with no need to worrry about the existing items or skill levels. They can build the planet up as the players progress rather than trying to cater for all skill levels at once.

They could slim things down about with only 10-15 of each armor / weapon / tool type spread across the skill ranges and attempt to get the feeling of a game rather than a second job that EU currently has.

To lazy to go back to far however from the last few pages I gather that RT is struggling somewhat.

I rather enjoyed my first visit there in the first week or so it was in operation.

When I say enjoyed it was just the change of scenery which was the interest for me. A break away from CND CP and Calypso.

A lot more work has to done there for it to attract a player base from these places.

IF RT is trying to attract a new player base Calypso with its resources eg Swamp Camp and the likes guides etc is a lot better option than RT.

However the single most downside factor in all these enterprises is the cost of travel.

I can afford it but as a matter of principal will limit my visits to RT and the rest (Especially RT) purely because of the ridiculous travel fees. $8.us dollars closer to 10 here in aussie is just extortion.

As someone mentioned skills base weapons etc have the same effect in all these areas. They are all part in parcel of Entropia Universe except for the finances in the different areas (by that I mean the owners leasers? as neverdie and buzz etc).

They would possibly keep and attract a lot more players if a newcomer could travel cheaply between all these areas and check them out. They would also get the benifit of more regular seasoned players who would be happy to frog hop fome planet to planet. At present a round trip can cost more than an average player is willing to deposit in a given time.

Sry for the long post however the obvious seems to be eluding the powers to be :)

Theme and the atmosphere is very good there overall for freshly released planet.

What made me come back to Calypso and not want to stay longer was the lack of markup items in loot and the bad balancing of mobs and Rocktropia specific items.

Regarding the mobs. The coolest ones(dragons named after rockstars) are basically mobs only a small handful of players can hunt. Think there are 8 of these around. Would have been enough to only make 2-3 of these super uber and keep others in mid uber range. Only ones most +medium players can hunt are pop dragons + the taxed lemmy`s warriors. The rest are pretty much noobish mobs.

The balancing of Rocktropia specific items seems rather stupid. Both the shotguns and axes have very low tt values which makes `em kinda` worthless except pvp. They are not really hunting weapons. Not many are gonna be tempted to use those unless they pack dozen of `em but that would make you way too heavy and most won`t go thru the trouble. Take Calypso for eg where the used melee weapons are those around 1k or more tt value such as kesmek bett. Ofc there are many with low tts but those are just as useless as those on Rocktropia. My point is, person who did this retarded balancing shot Rocktropia in the face.

Theme and the atmosphere is very good there overall for freshly released planet.

What made me come back to Calypso and not want to stay longer was the lack of markup items in loot and the bad balancing of mobs and Rocktropia specific items.

Regarding the mobs. The coolest ones(dragons named after rockstars) are basically mobs only a small handful of players can hunt. Think there are 8 of these around. Would have been enough to only make 2-3 of these super uber and keep others in mid uber range. Only ones most +medium players can hunt are pop dragons + the taxed lemmy`s warriors. The rest are pretty much noobish mobs.

The balancing of Rocktropia specific items seems rather stupid. Both the shotguns and axes have very low tt values which makes `em kinda` worthless except pvp. They are not really hunting weapons. Not many are gonna be tempted to use those unless they pack dozen of `em but that would make you way too heavy and most won`t go thru the trouble. Take Calypso for eg where the used melee weapons are those around 1k or more tt value such as kesmek bett. Ofc there are many with low tts but those are just as useless as those on Rocktropia. My point is, person who did this retarded balancing shot Rocktropia in the face.

i gotta say i like the RT axes, they are great finishers for my embra and with my current hunting style :)
unless they go higher than 110%, thats just nuts for melee :p

is not even finished:)..how stupid this guy is? to put a question like that. HIS BRAIN IS UNDER ANY KNOWN CATEGORY AND WEIGHT.

Back