Seriously?

Zane

Stalker
Society
Free Entropia Rangers
Zane Bear Hirak
I mean... really? :scratch2:

What exactly are you trying to say?

I've seen quite a few items like this - I think Guardian genuinely used to be more expensive many years ago, so that coupled with some price fixing probably gave us this markup anomoly.

I can't see any reason for it to be expensive. It's very low level armour. Unless it was a collector's piece (for whatever reason).

I can't see any reason for it to be expensive. It's very low level armour. Unless it was a collector's piece (for whatever reason).

Keep in mind that EU, then PE, didn't start off with all the armors you see now.

Keep in mind that EU, then PE, didn't start off with all the armors you see now.

That's true, you're right. But was Guardian actually ever considered a decent armour?

Post the full graph(decade) and we can discuss this further. two numbers doesn't really tell anything.

Probably the first ones went for high markup since it was rare. As you see only 257 has changed owner so not that much trading been done.

Yeah so theres a decent chance that (at a guess) there are fewer than 100 full sets in the game, which means that the pricetag is probably due more to the scarcity of the item that its practical value.

Dunno about >5 years ago, but even when I begun, pixie wasn't hard to get a set of.

The protection levels of Guardian is around 3, and it's the follow-up of Settler (sold in TT) and Pioneer (sold by armorer in Hadesheim up to and including vu 9). My guess is that it was mostly collectors who bought it.

Today it might be considered an option if you're into the higher schools of eco, but back then Pixie was by far the most economic armor to use since lower TT meant lower decay.

In the past auction was free, sometimes we used it as an easy way to transfer money between people as there was no fee.

So we put an item as tt+1000 while the value was like tt+1.
Not saying this is the case here, but at least you should know it was done back then.

Atami

Somethings like:
- Money transfer between 2 avatars (back when auction fee was fixed price)
- Some accident were someone took an buyout they never intended to take at like TT + 10k ped

Without more detailed information it will stay only a guess to the why.

Cheers
Siam

There are dozens of explanations for this and hundreds of threads about it. Money transfer.. market manipulation.. people just screwing around.. all sorts of stuff. I think the markup on decoys is in the thousands of peds. No, nobody ever really thought they were worth that much.

Back