State of the Universe Address 2013

Also in celebration of ten years of Entropia, there will be a major estate announced for auction at the end of January, with a completely new management/revenue model. More details will be released as the anniversary date approaches.

Sounds interesting, but if it is something you buy with PEDs I hope deposits will work again before you auction that estate :mad:

While I don't play much anymore, I must say that during the last 5 years the Entropia platform has matured consistently and can accommodate the multiple planets concept both in item/function/market design as well as integrating them efficiently (for the most part).

Many changes have annoyed many people, but overall the quality of the interface, experience and mechanics has improved. I don't think that any further change can make critics of the flaws of the game change their mind but they can expand the availability of the game in it's own specific niche.

Space
The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.

That caters the mothership owners (those who have invested in increased SI) and pirates ("adjusted" weapons for pvp combat).

I want to know, will there be any change for those trips that are done for "tourist" purposes rather than trading? Something for those of us who hate getting shot in our backs and being sent to a revival far away?

(I don't mind pvp when it's voluntary, if it's completely your choice if you want to engage or not. But, for instance, if you get killed in pvp on planet you can typically tp away and bypass the one who killed you. As space is now, it's like someone would be camping the revival on a landarea.)

Last edited:
  • Lowering the minimum usable condition of many items
Please drop Max_TT_Value and condition usage for Signs, Screens, and Displays - so they are affordable, repairable, and usable in a more ped-friendly manner.

Please look into image degradation of uploaded images (pixellation and blockiness) as well. (ie A 2k x 1k image should not appear blocky on a tiny sign - considering our screen size is less than that.)

Please drop Mannequin item points from 6 to 1. They are pretty much useless hogging 6 items slots.

Allow mannequins to be craftable perhaps? ;)

edit: Speaking of crafting: Tailoring/Texturing/Coloring needs some loving. The cost to craft up is prohibitive - and the sales are abysmal. 1k peds evaporate in 15 mins - and most items dont even sell for TT+1!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, but if it is something you buy with PEDs I hope deposits will work again before you auction that estate :mad:

Two ideas come to mimd with regarding this completely new estate and revenue model is / are space gates where the owner sets the cost to travel bypassing PvP space.

The second being the fabled factories that have been suggested for years.

John, explain cross-posting please, all I mentioned is a thread which had some ideas in it for lowering CTP (Cost to Play)

Link > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...he-dynamics-of-Entropia-Universe-loot-returns

I see no crossposting and btw the thread linked should not be in fan fiction, whoever put it there needs their head read, no offense, it is a legit thread with a twist to it to make it fun, but definitely not fan fiction.

If you would be kind enough to kick the butt of the mod who move it there and move it somewhere more appropriate, please do, and thanks in advance for doing so :)

Cheers,
Viper

I just had a comment regarding the "veteran appreciation" thing. It's been on my mind for years but might as well bring it up, as it's relevant to this "vet appreciation" idea. It would be nice if those of us veterans who've been around for ages but have NOT had the success of all our peers could get some kind of appreciation, too. ;) It seems in many ways, the only players who get any appreciation are (1) newcomers and (2) ubers and (2.b) players who paid to become uber by becoming chip-sluts. :eyecrazy:

I wonder how many veterans who never had much luck, and feel like we're funding all the successes of n00bs who ultimately all surpass us, are still playing the game? I'm sure there are a few players like myself, who've almost reached level 50 in our main profession and have yet to score an uber-loot over 1K TT value, who feel like we've been left behind by the developers and pretty much everyone else.

I know some of you will LOL it up and say you hear the sound of tiny little violins playing, but the mid-level players who keep plugging away even without any great luck need some appreciation too! :cool:

nvm..wrong thread :p

Last edited:
[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2013[/h] Greetings Entropians,

Taming
Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

Is it planet Toulan? :yay: :wtg:

It does look good with a lot of it. The anniversary items could be very interesting if it's along the lines of SGA. Had a good amount of fun with that. The only exception I see to looking good is taming. I'm hoping people aren't getting excited about it. Read the wording carefully. They're going to work on developing taming. Not implement. It means that after more than three years they are finally going to start doing something about it. I'm certainly not going to hold my breath waiting because for all I know it could be another three flipping years before we actually see it implemented. I'm really hoping I'm wrong about that though.

As far as space goes, as long as it is 100% pvp I couldn't care less. Don't give the slightest thought to it no matter how exciting they think they are making it. Good luck to those who like shooting others and being shot at. If I wanted to tolerate that crap, I'll play Halo with Kitty.

Hugs,
Aliana

The taming language is infuriatingly clear: they have not done shit for 3 years, and the only reason they are considering doing something about it is because a planet partner requested it, otherwise they clearly were going to ignore it and let it die. All obvious comments {removed} aside {removed} I am not holding my breath at all.

Of course any expectations they will actually behave like a normal firm and give sincere apologies and meaningful compensation ae just pipe dreams,...and that is just sad yet agai. The fact taht they are finally admitting that they totally fucked up on the tiering balancing is heartwarming, I am planning to hang back until they bring that o a reasonable level as well. And of course the completely fucked up space implementation of 100% PVP when 95% of player base has absolutely no interest in that concept is just mildly annoyingly mindboggling.

Anyhow, there is some hope that MA may grow up, but it may take longer than any reasonable player is willing to tolerate their incompetence.

Last edited by a moderator:
The taming language is infuriatingly clear: they have not done shit for 3 years, and the only reason they are considering doing something about it is because a planet partner requested it, otherwise they clearly were going to ignore it and let it die. All obvious comments {removed} aside {removed} I am not holding my breath at all.

Of course any expectations they will actually behave like a normal firm and give sincere apologies and meaningful compensation ae just pipe dreams,...and that is just sad yet agai. The fact taht they are finally admitting that they totally fucked up on the tiering balancing is heartwarming, I am planning to hang back until they bring that o a reasonable level as well. And of course the completely fucked up space implementation of 100% PVP when 95% of player base has absolutely no interest in that concept is just mildly annoyingly mindboggling.

Anyhow, there is some hope that MA may grow up, but it may take longer than any reasonable player is willing to tolerate their incompetence.

must spread before repping again. ;)

Ya pretty sad that after all this time MA are gonna "Start" working on the taming system, but it's the way they seem to like to do stuff. MA's model of space is crashing in on their heads. Too bad really...it all could be cool...but it seems like they went with the Infinite Money Theorem for developing EU. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

For all of you jumping around and clapping your hands, laying on your back, and spreading wide at this "grand" press release....seriously?? Did you all start yesterday??? You know it's bs...why pretend otherwise????? :laugh:
Year after, after year,after year, it's always the the same shit. Just keep depositing, take what you get and decay bitches.......forget your "wants and likes"...you'll get what MA say say you want....:rolleyes::laugh:

I just had a comment regarding the "veteran appreciation" thing. It's been on my mind for years but might as well bring it up, as it's relevant to this "vet appreciation" idea. It would be nice if those of us veterans who've been around for ages but have NOT had the success of all our peers could get some kind of appreciation, too. ;) It seems in many ways, the only players who get any appreciation are (1) newcomers and (2) ubers and (2.b) players who paid to become uber by becoming chip-sluts. :eyecrazy:

I wonder how many veterans who never had much luck, and feel like we're funding all the successes of n00bs who ultimately all surpass us, are still playing the game? I'm sure there are a few players like myself, who've almost reached level 50 in our main profession and have yet to score an uber-loot over 1K TT value, who feel like we've been left behind by the developers and pretty much everyone else.

I know some of you will LOL it up and say you hear the sound of tiny little violins playing, but the mid-level players who keep plugging away even without any great luck need some appreciation too! :cool:

I say LOL! Dream along! I am here since 2005, level 83 Swordsman (wich is unreachable for non-depositors), biggest single loot: ~2800 PED (not in Entropia Life coz it was before Entropia Tracker started). They should, but they won't ...

Yea I've been around since 2004 and I haven't had much luck at all. I did deposit a fair amount but never spent it on buying uber gear. Just blew it all away in mining, hunting and crafting but never got anything back. So with that said, I totally agree with Coelacanth!

Yep. A real life friend of mine that joined EU on my recommendation all but quit because of the whole mess with pets. She logs in enough to just keep her account going. Previously she was a regular depositor who engaged in decay generating on a daily basis. She's never written a word about it here in the forum about this. It makes me wonder how many other active participants we've lost over this. The most irritating part for me is that I kept piles of nutrios in my pets. 10K in each pet was not uncommon. If we at least were given a warning about how things were going to go before Hades blew up, I could have taken those nutrios out and actually put that ped to good use. I'll continue to hold the position that they never should have taken down any system at all until they were ready to implement the new system. Nothing has been as enjoyable as it was before the cry engine. Personally I miss a lot of things from then.

Hugs,
Aliana

I hope that when taming and pets do come back to our world they aren't (L) - meaning eventually the pet you invested so much time and nutrio bars in can just be perma-killed. I think pet death needs to occur (just like our avatars being killed in battle), but master tamers should be able to revive them with their skills and resources. I hope there are provisions to allow us to keep and maintain the same pet as long as we like, provided we give it what it needs.

I hope that when taming and pets do come back to our world they aren't (L) - meaning eventually the pet you invested so much time and nutrio bars in can just be perma-killed. I think pet death needs to occur (just like our avatars being killed in battle), but master tamers should be able to revive them with their skills and resources. I hope there are provisions to allow us to keep and maintain the same pet as long as we like, provided we give it what it needs.

It would not surprise me if tamers have reached the point where they are not expecting anything possibly awesome, if they're still expecting anything at all at this point. MA has waited too long. I think it's reached the point where anger is turning into bitterness over the whole deal. I'm a very patient person and, although I liked and participated in the taming of pets, I predominantly identify as a hunter. Even with that I've reached a point where lately I've developed the habit of cussing under my breath every time I pick up a piece of fruit.

Hugs,
Aliana

Very well put, I think MA has indeed succeeded to take a rather dedicated high depositing group of players over the edge to being indifferent, and even if taming comes back with a vengeance and daikibas will shit gold while giving blowjobs it will still be disappointing, too much time, too many lies and promises broken. The ONLY way this may work is unequivocal apology, meaningful compensation to the taming community and a robust and expanding taming profession. Not holding my breath on this though, MA have been amateurish as game developers, but downright retarded about PR and customer relations {removed}

Yep, aah the taming, aah the egg, aah ...lot of things.

The game is a treasure trove of amazing opportunities squandered via sheer imcompetence

the egg... seriously do something with it already.

Those poor tamers, they had such a nice feature less system and they miss it soooo much and want compensation for not beeing able to waste peds on brushing daikibas, you still have the skills and that skills will probably be worth ALOT when tamin comes back, i bought a hangar before they came back, well i was so stupid that i paid 120k or something like that for it because i was absolutly sure they would return that system way better than it was.

Well as we know now they did not and i lost 40k on them because the hangar building itself got totaly useless and the ship is still pretty useless for them owning one, the new ships needed upgrading for ALOT of peds to be somehwat useful but making any money on them? pretty much impossible.

I sold the hangar i dont regret that a moment but im fucking tierd on this whining tamers that had a completly useless system they miss so much!

Those poor tamers, they had such a nice feature less system and they miss it soooo much and want compensation for not beeing able to waste peds on brushing daikibas, you still have the skills and that skills will probably be worth ALOT when tamin comes back, i bought a hangar before they came back, well i was so stupid that i paid 120k or something like that for it because i was absolutly sure they would return that system way better than it was.

Well as we know now they did not and i lost 40k on them because the hangar building itself got totaly useless and the ship is still pretty useless for them owning one, the new ships needed upgrading for ALOT of peds to be somehwat useful but making any money on them? pretty much impossible.

I sold the hangar i dont regret that a moment but im fucking tierd on this whining tamers that had a completly useless system they miss so much!

Although I feel for the pilots who got shafted, it's no excuse to be so callous to the tamers. If MA bothered to do what they said they were going to do way back three years ago, you wouldn't be here today whining about the whining tamers.

btw...Just because you couldn't figure out what to do with it does not make taming deserving of the description of "useless." I found taming to be quite useful.

I say LOL! Dream along! I am here since 2005, level 83 Swordsman (wich is unreachable for non-depositors), biggest single loot: ~2800 PED (not in Entropia Life coz it was before Entropia Tracker started). They should, but they won't ...

They should indeed, and probably won't...but at least your best single loot is almost 2K more than mine. ;) Anyway, let's all dream on! :laugh:

btw...Just because you couldn't figure out what to do with it does not make taming deserving of the description of "useless." I found taming to be quite useful.

Well.... the usefulness was not in comparison to the amount of complaining.... :silly2:
I agree, they should have brought back the system all ready, or be more honest about it at telling us from the start that the system had a low priority. But we could also wonder if the planet partners have a "guilt" in this, maybe MA have asked them what they thing is most important, and the taming was not a prioritized system for them, so MA spent their resources on things the PP wanted most.

I also thing we as players must learn to be more cautious, we can never be sure about how EU will change and look like in the future. Drawing conclusions from information from different MA persons saying things like "our goal is too...", is not the same thing as "we promise to do that". It the same thing we the people paying big money for the hangars, why? Because they had gotten some strange ideas the would be worth that kind of money, how they come up with that fantasy i don't know.

EU is a game with risk involved, we as players have a vision about how things will look like in the near future and we form a view of which profession or items will have a great value in the future. Well, sometimes we are right, but probably we are wrong at least as many times. Please don't complain too much when you drew the wrong conclusion and made some decisions based on that, and that later turned out to be not so good.

But if MA gives misleading information, that we can complain on. But i don't know if they have given any misleading information regarding to the taming? I mostly think people just draw the wrong conclusions.

Well.... the usefulness was not in comparison to the amount of complaining.... :silly2:
I agree, they should have brought back the system all ready, or be more honest about it at telling us from the start that the system had a low priority. But we could also wonder if the planet partners have a "guilt" in this, maybe MA have asked them what they thing is most important, and the taming was not a prioritized system for them, so MA spent their resources on things the PP wanted most.

I also thing we as players must learn to be more cautious, we can never be sure about how EU will change and look like in the future. Drawing conclusions from information from different MA persons saying things like "our goal is too...", is not the same thing as "we promise to do that". It the same thing we the people paying big money for the hangars, why? Because they had gotten some strange ideas the would be worth that kind of money, how they come up with that fantasy i don't know.

EU is a game with risk involved, we as players have a vision about how things will look like in the near future and we form a view of which profession or items will have a great value in the future. Well, sometimes we are right, but probably we are wrong at least as many times. Please don't complain too much when you drew the wrong conclusion and made some decisions based on that, and that later turned out to be not so good.

But if MA gives misleading information, that we can complain on. But i don't know if they have given any misleading information regarding to the taming? I mostly think people just draw the wrong conclusions.

Dude, seriously...get off your knee's. And wipe that brown off your nose....you are so far up there it's embarrasing....:rolleyes:

Back