Team America! F$%K YAAA!!!

what am i expecting? maybe some open minded discussion , but it seems u can't .

A bit of the pot calling the kettle black, I'd say, or do you not remember saying this?

hello america,

for this round , cuba team will only be able to play the sunday i'm sry .

i hope we could find some agreement, cause for saturday there won't be any main team member able to be online ,or maybe 1 or 2 :/ (same for support )

Making a statement that that is your ONLY available time hardly leaves room for open-minded discussion.

My last post to Cuba may have sounded a little too stern; I have had no end of grumbles about time-slots since this event started (despite being the ONLY event to offer tailored running-times) and I was a bit hasty in posting.

I want all the teams to be happy with their slots. That's the "please contact your opponents" part. Hope you can find a time you both like, I will judge whatever you both choose as long as it doesn't start/finish midway through another match.

Hurrikane

1st : casay , team cuba is not made of "real" cuba ppl , just like team tibet or amethera or others. We are french (sry ) and i didn't think it was going to be such a problem for u american ppl (sry again to be such ignorant ) to have to make the last round on sunday . we were talking about our prefered time slots and what time is best for us and for u , nothing has been decided yet so calm down , no need to stop the world for this .
Maybe team cuba was kind enough too to accomodate it's time with other countries , and maybe now we want to decide too.. ?
I've never said that we won't play at other time slot , opposite to u , just starting a discussion like we did with other teams , about time slot..

Not being from Cuba was more a point about time zones and not a judgement of it. You only gave one time, as in we can ONLY play on Sunday in a time that is obviously our worst time to play! Sorry if it looks like a stratagy on your teams part to make sure we can't field as many ppl as possible.

I'd be curious to know what teams are doing this if any or if most teams are communicating and working together to try to accomodate each other as much as possible????

Wasn't lodi on Team France last year? Can he send me some Cigars to prove he's from Cuba? :)

If we lose can I join Team Sweden? I've talked to people on the phone who lived there. That should count right?

I suggest Sunday at 4 MA time. That makes it equally as inconvenient for them as it is for us.

Casay stop being paranoiac cause there is no conspiracy bs regarding time slot against usa from my side , so try to find something else to whine about .

star ,what is ur problem ? Cuba ? but how about tibet or amethera ? are they better country to represent in ur eyes?
If I and most of cuba team are french that means we didn't want to play for our country for some reason ... but it's none of ur business.

Joser , read all my post and you'll get an answer , maybe i haven't chosen the best words to express my feelings but it's maybe ur game to only understand parts of things , I said just below that we could find some agreement but u don't seem to know what agreement means .

I think the problem for some of u is that we have chosen the wrong country to represent , sry again maybe i should get bnned and thrown to jail in guantanamo for this choice or maybe for having thought of it ... or maybe u are too scared to not making it to next round ...anyway , hurrikane , team america is lacking of happiness with their time slot so i'll let u decide , i give my demission from cuba team.

i will not answer more on this as it's gone too far ...end of transmission , have fun

ps: star u know where u can put the cigars ...

Woah woah this is getting out of hand..

I (We) mean no disrespect lodidodi its just that you can't do saturday and we can't do sunday as it is a Holiday for us over here.

Maybe sunday 01:00 or 02:00 so it'd be late night saturday for us.

But I am unsure what that would translate over to cuba and if Hurrikane could do it.

Its just another pickle like we had with Romania couldn't find a good time slot for all of us.
I think thats why everyone kind of put the foot down when you posted It was a bit stress on everyone as I kept trying to change times on em when we were against Romania :D

I dunno what Hurrikane and you can do but very early Sunday might be ok for us 1-3:00 Ma time.
I dunno if that will help you though..

Last edited:

Eeeeyeah...this is going well...

Hurr, I think next year we might need some more stringent scheduling rules. We have run into, too, and America/Cuba's dispute is event worse.

Like:

1) Both teams are required to submit TWO times, one on each day...saturday or sunday.

This would cut-down the instance of "x day is bad because that is our <holiday>"

Sumbitting ONE time is not fair to the other team. What if BOTH teams submit one time...and they are are differentt days?

2) Teams must have time preferences posted by the Tuesday before the match weekend. Where both teams overlap, this will be the time of the hunt.

In the end, the reason we have 12 people on the main team is to not always have the "best" 4 out for each hunt...but is to have 12 people available to field 4 people at any potential timeslot. Your main 12 is meant to allow flexibility in times and availability.

Good luck sorting this one out...which reminds me...I need to go bump france. ;)

Casay stop being paranoiac cause there is no conspiracy bs regarding time slot against usa from my side , so try to find something else to whine about .

Excuse me.....You are the one that posted that there was only ONE time you could play... period!! We didn't!! That time seems to me and others to be only to your benefit! You didn't say hey, can we come up with a different day or anything. Please go back and look at your origional post really close and then maybe you'll understand why you've gotten the reaction from us that you have. You demand ONE time only and then go on and on how unreasonable WE are???? You didn't posted as a suggestion Lodi or best time. You said it was the ONLY time. What did you expect our reaction to be?????

Note -there's not one Wof time that gives a middle of the night or during Europe's working hours! There's only two Wof times that are even at all reasonable for this whole side of the world and really only one. We've played in the early morning almost every week to accomodate Europe even though it's been to our disadvantage and many team members haven't been able to be there. It's not paranoia here and it's certainly not whining. It's the facts! USA isn't the one demanding a single time and we haven't yet. Every week Da has posted our two choices.

(Lodi, maybe there's some language barrier going on here but you're the one that posted the single and only time and shouldn't be suprized at our reaction.)

.... sry again maybe i should get bnned and thrown to jail in guantanamo for this choice or maybe for having thought of it ...

HAHA! the french speak of Gitmo (American Base holding prisoners) as if this is American policy on "anyone" that goes against Her will. Sounds like a personal political slight on this french guys part? :scratch2:

...I want all the teams to be happy with their slots. That's the "please contact your opponents" part. Hope you can find a time you both like, I will judge whatever you both choose as long as it doesn't start/finish midway through another match.

Hurrikane

You are saying ANY time as long as it does not interfere with the judging of other matches? freedom now to choose a time outside of the "given" slots we were told to choose from?

If this is what you are stating, than one, thank you for trying to continue to make this a wonderful experience for everyone! BUT two, you might be getting yourself into something if you bend the rules at this point in the game Sir.

WOF is your baby though, so you are going to do what you want. I just can foresee a bunch of eliminated teams coming back hollaring "unfair" AND I certainly would not want USAs title (if the USA Team won) tainted over rules being different for us in the end Sir :D

just food for thought

Last edited:
what am i expecting? maybe some open minded discussion , but it seems u can't .

i said we would have hard time to get a competitive team for saturday so i asked for sunday , now i got very nice and cool answer showing that it was open to discussion ... lol, no i was probably dreaming , but u really don't care about what ppl thinks , all that count is what U want . i'm not like that , as i said we could have tried to find some agreement , but now i won't !

ps :if u need a 2nd slot as back up , i'll chose saturday 12 h , ok ?

You didn't sound very openminded when you said "we can only play Sunday". And if you'll notice, here I started by saying "maybe" to an alternate time on Sunday. And that's with Sunday being our "Mother's Day", so I think many on our team would say no.

So you say it isn't our business to know why you are playing for Cuba when you are French? lol Like I said, if we lose can I join Sweden? Yeah, I know exactly where to stick those cigars buddy. You'd be crapping tobacco for a week if I get my wish. :)

Were on for 21:00 Saturday the 10th!

Last edited:
sweet! and we got notice a bit earlier than we are use to :D

Thanks DA-DA :wtg:

Change of plans we got our 21:00 Slot were on for

:scratch2: What time is our hunt this weekend...? ;)

Why in the hell are there teams with players not from their country in any way shape or form? Team Tibet & Cuba - shouldn't they be on their national teams? Otherwise shouldn't they be on Team Amethera?

Why in the hell are there teams with players not from their country in any way shape or form? Team Tibet & Cuba - shouldn't they be on their national teams? Otherwise shouldn't they be on Team Amethera?

I agree. Having people from other countries be on different teams really takes away from the excitement of the event. Maybe next year all the best players in EU should just join Team Zimbabwe and win with ease. If people aren't restricted to their respective countries of origin/residence then WoF is just another organized EU event.

I also think there should be more regulation on the support teams, but that's another matter...

Why in the hell are there teams with players not from their country in any way shape or form?

Simple....there is no rule that says a player has to live in, or be from, the country of the team they compete for.

This is supposed to be a fun competition. Nobody is checking passports.
Furthermore, restricting it to countries makes it unlikely we will have silly or childish team names like "Fuck-Monger Whore Killers". OTL, anyone? ;)

Personally, Amathera and Eudoria are a stretch, but not much more than the Tibet or Cuban teams.

Some smaller countries might not be able to field a 12-man team of native souls...or even a 4-man team. Lone hunters bonus aside, do those people not get to play?

Team Zimbabwe and win with ease.

Oi!!

Team Zimbabwe have a proud standing in the WoF, having taken part in the first WoF. We have 3 actual Zimbabweans in the team and one worthy amigo. As a team of only 4 we did very well and killed a few Allo's, inbetween the Beers.

It was only towards the letter stages of the qualifying round that we realised that we actually had to get globals on the mobs. By this time we were too drunk and decided to have another Beer instead.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2007/55915-zimbabwe-team.html

There's no real restrictions about it. I had only brought up Cuba in my one statement refering to time zones and it was more of a teasing thing. At this point there are ppl that were on other main teams that are now on support teams, including for USA. It's all good and fun. The hardest thing is this side of the world finding good times spots for all. It's much easier for those in Europe to compete against each other at this point. Then there's many more teams fielded from over that way too.

Happy we finally are able to get our 21:00 time slot.... BUT.. I might not make it... son is home on leave, my 3 children just told me they have plans for Saturday with me for Mother's Day as two of my children are working on Sunday.... We'll see but gonna put them first this time. Sorry all if I don't make it.

Da - please please make larger teams for the globs. That's why my team was globaling so much last week as we were never all wiped out until ppl started leaving my team and why I was getting frustrated in TS. So much time was lost regrouping etc. We were on a global spree as long as there were many of us and our kill rate was high. It started back up again once we weren't getting killed off.

LoL and what about these female avatars? I've heard some of them are actually men in real life....

Like the Unlimited Support, "Not Having to Prove your Country of Birth" is the rule for the very simple reason that there is no way of checking or preventing abuse of a contrary rule. Nothing says that any background info a Team Member presents is legitimate. I might have put "Argentinian" on one form and "Mexican" on another, who's to ever say where I'm from unless you met me (and possibly my folks)?

What it ends up with though, is underdogs being able to grab the attention and assistance of those who see their efforts... and super-teams showing how might pays off.

Apart from that, not everyone is patriotic to their country of birth. I'm ok with mine, but it's far from perfect. There should be choices for people denied the chance to be patriots by them having a shit country in the first place.

Hurrikane

Oi!!

Team Zimbabwe have a proud standing in the WoF, having taken part in the first WoF. We have 3 actual Zimbabweans in the team and one worthy amigo. As a team of only 4 we did very well and killed a few Allo's, inbetween the Beers.

It was only towards the letter stages of the qualifying round that we realised that we actually had to get globals on the mobs. By this time we were too drunk and decided to have another Beer instead.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2007/55915-zimbabwe-team.html

Thats the funniest post I have ever read! Completely off topic mind but still a goodie :wtg:

Just for the record, I think there has to be some kind of relationship between the players and the country they represent although impossible to enforce. On the other hand should Tibet win this year what pride will the team members actually have as the title doesnt represent them at all :laugh:

Imagine if a Tibet winner got asked about thier prize....

"wow you won the wof, gratz"
"yes I did :)"
"I didnt even know Tibet would compete in such a competion"
"well actually they didn't at all"
"really, I dont understand?"
"well its all kind of made up as we werent bold enough to compete under our own flag"
"doesnt that defeat the object of a nation based event"
"ummmmmmm"
"nice jacket, cya - whoever the hell you are and where ever the hell you come from"

Imagine if a Tibet winner got asked about their prize....

"wow you won the wof, gratz"
"yes I did :)"
"I didnt even know Tibet would compete in such a competion"
"well actually we chose to represent Tibet in support of their current struggle against oppression"
"really, I dont understand?"
"well our country wasn't helping, so we thought we could do something by promoting their cause in a major tournament"
"doesnt that defeat the object of a nation based event"
"umm no, it lets people fight for whatever flag they believe should win"
"nice jacket, cya - whoever the hell you are and where ever the hell you come from"
Thanks... whatever"

Of course, it could go like this instead... can we drop this please? (OLD debate LONG settled:))

Hurrikane

Of course, it could go like this instead... can we drop this please? (OLD debate LONG settled:))

Hurrikane

Ouch, editing quotes and all that :eek:

Hell its all fun and a great event whatever views are regarding the team name and personel.

I am going to say that I would be far more willing to help a "real" national team if my native country ever got knocked out and efforts shown by team USA tell me they are a real team.

As for the quotes edited, I dont think for a single minute that the team Tibet members know the first thing about whats going on there except what has hit the news channels and didnt start the team for any reason other than it was in the public view at the time, but thats debate :)

GL USA, a fine job this year so far :cool:

Just gonna add my 2pecs, (sorry for intruding in the Team USA thread)

What's the point of WoF if you can choose any random country to join? Maybe next year BAHQ will make Team Nauru or something rediculous.

If it is settled, then it's time to start it up again, because every day I hear people beginning to question the integrity of this competition.

GL to team USA and your players, you have honour for fighting for your own country.

T minus 15 hours :D

Got my War Face on!
warface.jpg

In case none of you have read the rules:

Teams hunt for the nation of their choice and gain points for globalling on mobs from the Moblist.
Any Earth nation is allowed, as are Eudoria and Amethera, the two nations of Calypso.

GL to all.

No they should not.
But shouldn't you stop using double Armor Plates and Amps during such events? That's more like cheating than a bunch of good friends forming a WoF team. Team IRC wasn't allowed so it went Tibet. End of story.

Just gonna add my 2pecs, (sorry for intruding in the Team USA thread)

What's the point of WoF if you can choose any random country to join? Maybe next year BAHQ will make Team Nauru or something rediculous.

If it is settled, then it's time to start it up again, because every day I hear people beginning to question the integrity of this competition.

GL to team USA and your players, you have honour for fighting for your own country.

Look who's talking. England secretly getting dodgy into the mainteam claiming Slapnuts is all inactive (even though he participates in CL regulary) is so very honorable, eh?

Way to go crybabies and wannabe heroes :rolleyes:

Where's the support team meeting? I want to try to be on time this time :)

We have been meeting at Nate's... try to arrive about 15-20 minutes prior so we can get our shit together and form up teams. Thanks for your support!

Back