The Inventory

Status
Probably already been mentioned but either give 1,2,3,4,5,6 buttons a purpose or just remove them.

Overall, I like the inventory. One suggestion would be to make the 8 buttons that do have a purpose more colourful rather than just outlines.

1:Equip/un-equip armour function would be a MASSIVE addition to our EU experience..
2:The ability to repair an item equipped with attachments
3:Right click function (like a dropdown box) showing option to equip/drop/unequip item that has been clicked on whether in invent or on avi (feature only available through invent screen).
4:Loan timer function. Allows you to start a countdown timer on item so you can give to another avi and when timer hits zero it re-appears in lenders invent(Could have a 10ped cost attached each time it is used, great function for us and MA). Item only avalable to loan if timer has started.
5: I second Neomaven and the multiple drag & drop idea.

Hmm.....

Sorry if this has already been mentioned...

When you craft 100's of an item that is non-stackable, it takes foreva to move all the items to the tt machine one by one... :handjob:

So, some way to automatically move all these items with one click would be really nice.

equip/unequip a full set of armor in one click would be nice ;)

I am sure others said the same things... so consider this a second or third etc...

1. Auto stack.
2. Inventory Tabs ie. Armor, Resources, Weapons, Materials, etc.
3. Auto Armor Off.. It is crazy to remove armor one piece at a time. Face mask is hard to remove.
4. Select Multiple Items like in windows with shift/ctrl
5. Make the inventory window wider.

I would like to see something like this:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The only note i wanna do is to LOOT section:
1) If checkbox is checked then All loot(hunt, mining, crafting, etc...
) i get from that moment i checked that goes in this LOOT sections.
2) If there is no checkbox all items goes to their categories
3) Items in LOOT section can be manualy puted by theyr categories or by clicking button SORT(what is only in this category and is new feature) sort all items in theyr categories.
This is to have posibility of tracking all my actions and sorting to economy time.

I don't have tiem to read all the items. The ones I have seen are great, but I will add one more if it ahsn't already been suggested:

Armor set buttons

You can put a sets of armor in different bins. You simply click a button to switch armor sets. I would make it a 5 sec load or something to avoid "instant" switching of the entire set.

• It would be nice to have a button that would move my items from my avatar's loot area to items that match in my main storage. If the item is new to your main storage then I would need to move it manually.
  • A text list for inventory and a search feature for it with auto focus on the item when it is selected.
  • *bump* for moving paints to the right area
  • Have your main storage and avatar's inventory both accessable while crafting. This would make crafting easier
  • A transaction journal for items sold,bought and traded

Same thing like the armor improvement, would be the plates aswell,if we could have each type of plates in one slot would be great,like many ppl can go hunt with 2 or 3 different types of armour, and the quick armor change button would be great, same things for the plates,as i'm sure ppl use aswell some different types of plates and its a pain to click everyone to check which are they...
Nothing more to add since there are a load of great ideas already and i lov'em :)

A conversation between me and a very green disciple follows. I have had this conversation about 20 times now.

Him: I got some sweat!
Me: Nice work!
Him: Where is it? How do I see it?
Me: Press I to bring up your inventory
Him: I pressed I and I still can't see it!
Me: Press the second bottom button whilst in your inventory
Him: Okay, I see it now, thanks

Inventory needs to default to the "second bottom button" window when you start as a noob. The only things you have are a PED card and maybe sweat - yet you can't see either when you press I! :rolleyes:

Another thing - why does the skills screen (pressing K) always default to the crafting skills window? It'd be nice if this was editable so a hunter could go straight to Combat skills if they wanted.

Only 1 change would make me happier, and it's been said before...

*Click* - Armour OFF

*Click* - Armour ON

Just my too sense..

While I an sure to repeat what others have already said.....

When removing armour plating, it would be nice if it did not dive right to the bottom of the inventory.

A button was added that automatically moved all items in the open tab to the top of the tab.

it was possible to pick up more than one item at a time. A bit like they way in windows you can draw a box round a group of icons, and drag and drop them all at the same time.

If a weapon/tool is taken out of inventory (loaned to a friend or put in storage) then the key-binding for the quick key for the item is not lost, but just "greyed" out. Then when you get the item back, you don't have to re-do key binding. You have to delete the binding to lose it, or assign a different item to the key.

quick swop for armour sets. (perhaps 3 tabs added, armour set 1, 2 & 3 then you can swop what you are wearing for set 1, 2 or 3 etc)

plates can be added/removed to armour when the armour is being worn.

MY inventory in storage:

When placing an item in storage, and getting it too close to another item, that it's returned into my inventory, rather than running away in shame at not staying where i put it, and hiding somewhere in storage.

storage had tabs.: Weapons/armour/hides/metal/en-matter/clothing/tools and a last one for what's left over.

and most of all, stop messing with the size of the icons ever VU, as when you do, my carefully sorted storage looks like the aftermath of a hurricane, and it takes at least an hour to get it back into shape.

Nice Idea this thread is Marco, <edit> Frank, not Marco lol </edit>. :thumbup:

Last edited:
why not go in full player setting system.

Tab system,you can add new tab or delette a tab.
You can name tab what you whant.
Eatch tab have a setting to say what king of item you whant in it ( eatch auction tree part is a kind of item,you can chek or unchek a part of tree.).

Coding wise its the most fast and simple since its 100% generic system.Player and user wise , its most simple and interessing , since evryone can do what he whant how he whant depending on his need.

Edit:
And dont forget to optimise the loading again.
Right now , evrytime i click on a tab , for exemple clothe , it load evrything... this is plain dumb... only change should be loaded...even for security there is no need to load 20 time in row the full list of clothe i got when i switch tab...And i dont bielive its texture loading from my hard drive that is so slow... since it should be in my ram at first loading :)

I don't have tiem to read all the items. The ones I have seen are great, but I will add one more if it ahsn't already been suggested:

Armor set buttons

You can put a sets of armor in different bins. You simply click a button to switch armor sets. I would make it a 5 sec load or something to avoid "instant" switching of the entire set.

I disagree on being able to change armour sets as a whole as I think this would alter the balance of PvP in a bad way. However, if there was a suitable delay it would be ok.
Perhaps a sequence that can only occur while standing still and the only action you can perform is fapping. You would also still watch the armour being removed and replaced one piece at a time. This would prevent any kind of imbalance in PvP.

I would really like to be able to password lock items to my avatar. I'm sure someone mentioned this in another thread but I think a simple password lock that prevents the item being TT'd accidentaly would be great, maybe prevent it from being traded also. It would stop us from making stupid mistakes and the damage from hacked accounts could be further limited. It would also free up support personnel from answering the relevant cases.

I would also like to be able to select which order my resources appear in my inventory, maybe a few options like sorting by TT value ascending or descending.

Now, this is a big one for me. I would like to have looted ammo appear in the inventory as automatically unusable until you right click it so we can keep bought ammo separate. This would enable us to track our hunts a lot more effectively. Of course this would mean looted ammo must not stack with bought ammo. I realise this will mean opening inventory and clicking the ammo if you are in the middle of killing a mob, but I would prefer to do that and know exactly what I have burned.

Repairing attachments without removing them could be risky, but if the system asks us to confirm the attachments repair and informs us of the indivudual repair costs for each item I would be very happy.

I'd like to see the faceguard to be bigger as well and I'd love to see an option to simply switch armor sets :)

stated enough already but amour equip/unequip feature would be very nice.

make the inventory windows more like the shop keeper and loot windows.. you can just kinda stack it all how you like it..

ammo at least is already separated from purchased and looted,,,I beleive its the trade button. Although its usuable automatically after your purchased ammo is used up. If you manually stack it within the gun button, its then removed from the trade section. Other items are also in the trade section once looted.

Excuse me it might not be trade but I think it is.

Autostacking in inventory.

I purchase say 2 x 20 bombs, I have 2 stacks of 20 in my inventory,,,rather stupid. Just have one bomb item in the TT and you have to input what quantity you want to purchase. Well thats not really an Inventory issue per say, but then again everything is considered inventory at one time or another. ;)

Sorry i don't have the time to read through the full thread (guess that's your job :D, so i'll just post what comes to my mind.

First I would very much like stackable items to be automatically stacked together like when you buy Ammo for 90 peds from the tt you don't have 9 stacks sitting in your inventory and thus an item count of 9 instead of 1.

Second it would be great if items just stayed where i put them and wouldn't move around in the inventroy window, that's just plain annoying.

If with inventory you also refer to the storage ii'd like to have sub-categorys there, too, (which even might make loading of the inventory faster?)

Some of these ideas have been borrowed from others, some are my own. Please review.

Inventory Suggestions:

Bug Fixes
  • Items dropped onto another item go to the top of the page rather than to the nearest available spot
  • Some items (particularly armor plates) have the tendency to shoot to the bottom of the page.
  • More accurate avatar-doll for dragging armor pieces off of (especially face-plates).
New features...

Autosort (a button)
  • The best version of this would put similar items together-- ammo by ammo, armor of the same type together, etc.
  • Alternatively, it could simply push all items to the top of the page, to make viewing easier.
Autostack (a option button)
  • Automatically stack all stackables like ammo, pec, ped, etc.
List-View (with details)
  • Ability to view all items in your inventory as simply a list, rather than icons.
  • Ability to sort this list by type, name, tt value, or quantity.
  • Items in the list should be drag-and-droppable, same as current inventory.
View-All (a new tab)
  • View all items in your inventory.
Highlighted Grid
  • When dragging and item, highlight the grid it will fall onto when released.
Increased weight limit based upon attributes
  • Currently at 200kg, all avatars can only walk. This number should be affected by strength. Perhaps, 200kg+Strength would be appropriate.
Resizable Inventory
  • Allow the inventory to be made any size (in grid increments) that the player likes.
Minimizable Avatar Doll
  • The avatar doll takes up a lot of space. Allow it to be minimize it into a small icon.
  • The icon should be operational-- items dragged onto it will be equipped.
TT-Safety
  • A lock icon on items to prevent them from being TTed.
Custom Tabs
  • Customize tabs to show what you want (with checkboxes)
  • Would allow the user to view any combination of item type such as, but not limited to: weapons, weapon attachments, clothes, paint, refined ore, refined en, unrefined ore, unrefined en, armor, armor attachments, furniture, skins, ammo.
Item Grouping System
  • Ability to group any set of items that do not occupy the same place on the avatar.
  • Uses would include: clothing sets, armor sets
  • The combat consequences of this could be offset by a delay before each item is put on (one per second).
Better memory of user interactions
  • Items moved by the user to a certain location should stay there. This does not always happen currently.
  • When a player scrolls part way down a page and changes tabs, that location is forgotten. It should not be. Changing back to that tab should put the scrollbar at the same spot again.
Armor-piece dashboard functionality
  • The current UI allow us to create dashboard buttons for our armor pieces, but these buttons are unusable.
Unequip action
  • Would be found in the action book.
  • Unequips all armor. (as with armor sets, there could be a delay of 1 second per piece removed)
Armor plates should differ visually
  • Currently all armor plates look identical (except the new limited ones)
  • They should all be subtly different. Even a slight change in color for each set would be nice.
Close button on inventory UI
  • An X in the corner to close the inventory screen. The lack of this confuses newbies.
Inventory opacity
  • The background grid should have the option to be made 15-30% transparent.

First: Thanks for asking :yay: :)

* It should be visible if there is a need to scroll up or down to find further items in the currently visible category (This could be indicated by an arrow symbol and klicking on the arrow brings you down to the lowermost item or up to the uppermost one)
* Split Storage into sections -> possibility of larger Storage and faster Storage loading.

Armor equip/unequip thing:

* Two or three armor inventory buttons where separate armor sets can be stored (like the current 1-6 inventory subsections).

*click* - armor on or replace currently worn armor (current inventory) (perhaps with hotkey possibility?)
*click* - armor off (current inventory)
*click* - armor disassemble (platings into correct armor inventory)
*click* - armor assemble (platings from same armor inventory)
*click in repair terminal* - current armor + platings into repair terminal
*exit repair terminal* - armor + platings go back to correct inventory where they were before

Already said often

* It should be visible if something is contained in a category or not (on the button of the category)
* Face masks are hard to take off (and I think the same is true for gloves).
* Possibility to autostack items

Last edited:
I'd like a tab or field where i can put my limited stuff in and in case something breaks it switches autmatic to the other gun or whatever in this field or tab. Or another way to solve this is to be able to link i.e limited gun1 with gun2. when gun1 breaks it change to gun2.

i just hate when my gun breaks in the middle of a fight. i always have to open the inventory to equip the gun after i healed myself or so.

Then i'd like to have something like above for armor/plates. Let's say a tab/field where you put the plates you want to wear and another tab/field for the armor.

Then there should be the option to switch between those fields/tabs via hotkey.

Another nice feature would be the possibility to select more then one item via dragbox.

Hi, I think that the layout of the inventory is fine, no problems. The only thing that I think would be good, is if ammo and such were to auto-stack (for example, buying 5 lots of 1k ammo - they should automatically be put into one pile of 5k) I also get annoyed the way some things get pushed right to the bottom of the inventory and you have to scroll all the way down to get them. This is only really easy if you have a mouse with a scrolling button. Other then that all is spiffing :D

Regards,
Princess:wtg:

Yes please bring back ammo auto stacking! Also being able to label storage containers would be helpful :)
Thanks Frank!

off topic but while we got your attention...

Could we have a wpn/tool condition bar on out interface for wpn/tool we have equiped. I always miss the yellow condition warning and 'L' items dont give warning anyways, fed up getting wpn broke msg just as i shoot some bad ass mob ;(

Thanks for your time.

I don't know whether this counts but I would like to see the storage terminal improved with a bigger area

Auto sort buttons
Auto Stack

Also for the inventory I would love to see the numbered tabs work correctly

along with a quick equip option/tab anything placed in this can be equipped at the press of a button rather then having to take all armour off one by one.

First off, I would like to thank you for this thread it is nice to see MA looking for input from the player base

*Already Stated

 Armor on/off avatar button

 Attach items button fully configurable *5b’s go on specified armor, remove (L) amp only not sights and scope*

 Increase weight limit based on the avatar’s skill

 Ability to make the inventory sizeable

 Allow your PED card to appear in all tabs of the inventory

*New

 Have a place that shows implants in you avatar’s head and ability to check TT value

 Update look to match HUD including the transparency selection *like the chat*

I'd like an indicator as to if we have any lootable items in our inventory(and a list of which items/where if we asked for it), since some items have disappeared visually from the inventory before(and maybe still does?).

Now that I think of it, is it possible to view our implants via the inventory? Well if not, I think it'd be nice if we could see our implants too.

People seem to want different kinds of categories for their different needs. They also want items to be stacked a certain way or at a certain location. Is it possible to make the inventory as customizable as our desktop icons and keyboard mapping?

Lots of great suggestions.

Here is my list (might reiterate some already mentioned):

- Don't let auto-placed looted items override the position of user-placed items! the main cause of messed up inventories.
- Clear the memory of items when they change owner, and autoplace them at top where the first room is, WITHOUT moving any items already in the inventory..
- ped card not as item, but as an button in the inv screen
- possibility to group items to a key or button (or both) to equip them all at the same time.
- dont move around my boxes (maybe this is fixed already, I gave up and put mine at the top) its hard enough to remember where stuff is..
- Maybe a popup item list with content of containers when you hover, or at least the number of items in there.
- And please fix the container interface at the same time, the box to put things in is way too small for high capacity containers like Lykke chests and McCormick Safes. Its impossible to put that many items in it! (unless you do pile splitting tricks) Make it more like a mini inventory/storage, possible to activate without picking the box up via right clicking.
- more space, possibility to resize. Now with higher resolutions that is really needed.
- if I buy a stackable, p2p or trade terminal, and I already have the same item in my inventory, please put them in the same pile and not in a new separate. A lot of my time as resource trader is spend just shuffling around ingots in my storage, which becomes a total mess after just a few trades...
- Put a nice military looking "6A", "5B" etc painted print on my plates for easy identification.
- unequip all armor button
- transparency slider you can easily adjust to be able to see the surroundings.
- Possibility to turn back on the function we got a taste of, where splitted piles in the storage or a box ended up in your inventory. Was very conventient for me, let the user decide here

Thats the most pressing issues I could think of just now, I'll post again when I come up with more :)

Last edited:
These are two wishes (among many) I had for some time.
First one is maybe not only about Inventory, but still related... ;)

"Crafting Quarantine"
Can't we have a "crafting quarantine", where you get all your crafted stuff
and are able to press either "Empty quarantine" and all stuff ends up in TT
when entered TT, or just "Keep quarantine" if you wanna save all stuff?
Well, the naming is wrong, but I hope you get what I mean... ;)

Next thing is about sunglasses. They should be moved to right category so
they can't be taken off when we are trying to take facemask off.
They should be under Clothes... ;)

VERY CLUNKY!

1: we need a way to unequip armor and re-equip it.ala hotkeys like we do for the guns. This is doable.

2. the faceguard and gloves.. very hard to take off. and withotu #1, ugh a total pain in the butt.

3. Items that auto goto bottom of inventory and you gotta search and scroll around to find them.

4. what are the 123456 little tabs for? seem useless

5.the armor inventory lags a lot, two sets of armor on me, know others have more and when i click that tab ugh it has to 'load'

6. maybe an itemized list.. like text based instead of just picture based.. have the same info available but let us have the option to go text vs pretty pictures.

Status
Back