The Inventory

Status

Frank|SDS

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Hi all,

I'm interested in any feedback you'ld like to give me about The Inventory: design, function, development etc.

Try to keep it short and sweet. I'll follow this thread for about 24 hours so get posting.

Thanks

Frank

An autosorter would be nice. (For example, if it were to move items located at the bottom of your inventory, several scrolls of the mouse down, to the next empty space, closer to the top, it would be a feature worth having.. but not for the storage facilities...)

All looted ammo to appear in one of the numbered tabs to make it easier to work out how far through your starting ammo you are.

Hi Frank

Th Inventory system is ok IMO, i like the different area's. Two small things though that come to mind.

1 : It would be really nice to have face giuards for armour have a bigger catchment area for taking it off. Sometimes can be a bit fiddly.

2: Not directly related, but would be nice if Strength influenced our maximum capacity in some way.

All the best Norb :)

Hi Frank :)

Imho the design is ok so no need to change it but what is a bit annoying is that item positions are not always remembered correctly.
Means my storage often gets scrambled (exit and reopen helps most of the time) and in inventory since last update the position of clothes is not remembered correctly at all
Over all i'm ok with the function and don't see much need for further developments here (only the position thing ;))

Thx for asking

It would be nice to have a close button on the top right hand corner (my right) like all the other windows, I know you can use I to open and close your inventory, but what if you've set something else to I? :ahh:

Teilk said:
An autosorter would be nice. (For example, if it were to move items located at the bottom of your inventory, several scrolls of the mouse down, to the next empty space, closer to the top, it would be a feature worth having.. but not for the storage facilities...)

I agree

It would also be nice to be easier to unequip face masks...

Other than that I think the inventory is fine.

Last edited:
oops ......

i second the armour unequip option. at least let the plates automatically detach when armour needs repairing.

I have to agree about Armor equipment.

It would be great if there was a second panel where you attach armor (like a giant hot key for 6 items) so when you press it you can equip and detach your armor.

- Ability to lock/unlock items in inventory against moving, trading or using.
- Stack-on-demand for items in a given inventory tab.

Hi frank,

here are some suggestions

I agree with norbert:

taking off the face mask is very difficult --> increase the area to take it off.. it takes me a few go's every time to take off the face mask.

when you hover over inventory items why not put a popup box indicating value so you dont have to select the item.

Automatic sorting of either loots from current hunt or sort by type and value
(hides together etc)

give a different colour to inventories with contents so you dont have to click every box to see if something is in it

thanks

eagle

Unequipping armor is a mess ;)

I agree, and option to automatically remove all armour, and maybe another to remove attachements from all items (i.e. armour, weapons, tools etc) would make repairing much less of a pain.

I find I don't use a lot of the inventory functions - e.g. the numbered windows. I don't find the traded items window of much use (of course, this is just my opinion).

JC

Last edited:
- Autostack function would be very handy
- Unequipping items (armors) can be a pain
- Item locations, sometimes it remembers places perfectly, too often it doesn't
- Difference avatar statusses that aren't used can be removed (or put them in use)
- Sections, I don't think the current sections are the best solution, could be improved

saw this a few posts up by Rony and its a really important one, so added it:
- Ability to lock/unlock items in inventory against moving, trading or using.

Last edited:
1st. The current inventory is too narrow
2nd. would be sweet with somekind of notepad within it...to writedown prices ect...
3rd. would be sweet with a caluculator to calc trade prices ect...
4rd. Seperat furniture/decoration from other loot...maybe give its own space
5th. maybe make pedcard accecable from all categories
6th. special loot section, so it will be easyer to calc loot after a hunting session, wich can be enabeld/disabeld..
7th. A one click armor equipe feature, instead of dragging 6 psc of armor each time....wich also can be enabeld/disabeld.
8th. Maybe same with weapons (amps, scopes ect)

Regards

Miggo

Last edited:
1) Different Tabs for looted Items

2) Unequip bouton for armour and weapons

3) Attachment unequip bouton

4) Stop items appeaing right at bottom of inventory... takes ages to scroll down and to bring them back up again.

5) Improve memory of the inventory

6) Stop items going miles off to the top when misplaced over another item. just to the nearest spot would be good ennough

7) Stop making Coins not on Ped card count as weight.

8) ability to resize the inventory window ? Possibly seethrough ?

9) Shortcuts to inventory for equip or unequip items.

10) Ability to group items for example armour or weapons with amps and sights so that I can equip or unequip a grouped item.

That's all for me
thx
;)

Auto sorting (all items of a similar type appear together)
Auto stacking (all items of a similar type are automatically stacked together)

Or

A tabbed inventory, where each type of item has a section.

A constant indicator of what plates are. i.e. 6a, 5b, 6b etc. Hovering of the mouse takes too long.

The ability to lock all storage down with an additional password.

Equip and un equip armour and plates with one click

Last and most important:

Memory of storage. i.e things are where you left them.

Last edited:
Yes the armour un equipping is a mess

Face guards are fiddly to get off and gloves are EVEN HARDER!!

Mind you i like the inventory layout at the moment:D

Also this could just be my computer but being able to "shortcut" weapons, faps etc has become so that you cant do it anymore???? i have to go back to inventory to equip items now!:confused::mad::scratch2:

ANy reason why this is the case? or is it just my pc?

Another suggestion is to maybe make the inventory partially transparent, so you can see things around you a little better...

Please please pretty pretty cuddle please stop resizing items every second VU or so.

To further differentiate F/M items, maybe M versions could all be facing left, while F versions would all face right.

Wipe off the Omegaton logo from Korss guns... :laugh:

-ordered by my personal priority ladder.

Very many great ideas here and I mus say I agree wholeheartedly with most of them. Autostacking and some improvement to equip/unequip armour are near the top of my list

At risk of going off-topic and apologies for doing so my main inventory query is - What measures are being taken to ensure that everything in my inventory is still there next time I log on?

I refer of course to the command line password and username vulnerability that is well documented here on EF and in support tickets and yet remains without one official word from MA on the subject.

inv thoughts

select multiple items, either hold ctrl to select many individual items, hold shift to select top and bottom, and multiple select using the mouse (u know just like windows, draw a box and select all inside that box)

larger item count needed so crafters dont get screwed inv when they ctd

stop the re-arraging of inv, very annoying when u login to see everything moved around

Also as avatars develop they should be able to hold more items, weight, so a noob could have for example 200 items, and a pro uber could hold say 350 items
seems logical imo

since loot is no longer peds and its all oils and items, i think we should have the weight boundry raised. old hunting u just popped ur peds on ur card and carried on, but now u hit 1 global and ur weight is screwed from all the oils.... this should be adjusted to compensate for the extra oils etc in loot

miners should have items available to "teleport" ores back to storage (maybe a nice crafted mindforce chip or something) ;)

inv storage, the boxes available at the monet are really crap, at the minimum a box should be able to hold a set of armor + plates, so weight restriction and item count should be raised

Items should have a staus attached, locked/unlocked, locked items are not tradable unless u set the unlock, wich would have maybe a 2 week cooling off period

hmm i'll add more as i think of them

Reinstate the autostack function on stackable items! I miss it.

And please!!!!...let us group our armor pieces to a set for easier equipt/unequipt, that would realy make my day :) :yay::yay::yay:

All looted ammo to appear in one of the numbered tabs to make it easier to work out how far through your starting ammo you are.

I agree with this one, would make it quicker in the field to see how far your run you are. I know that looted ammo does not add itself to the starting stack but still...

And sorting out the removal of armour would be great.

And moving looted items to another tab would be great, just for the session maybe, after a relog, or the press of a button, looted guns head into Weapons, looted armour into the armour section, looted oils into the general section etc.

I have to agree about Armor equipment.

It would be great if there was a second panel where you attach armor (like a giant hot key for 6 items) so when you press it you can equip and detach your armor.

I agree :)

The main thing that I would like to see is a "remove armor" button that would remove all armor from my avatar and place it neatly in my inventory.

I also dug this up that shows how the storage might be improved.

Cheers :beerchug:

Make use of the 1-6 tabs.

Make it easier to take of armor and put on armor in 1 click.
make it easier to plate up if you have multipul plates.
Ammo auto stacks when looted

--Storage

When items are added, they auto stack if an existing item is allready in storage.

can have diff sections in storage i.e. 3/4 tabs so you can have diff things in diff tabs of storage.

Search Facility to find items

4) Stop items appeaing right at bottom of inventory... takes ages to scroll down and to bring them back up again.

5) Improve memory of the inventory

6) Stop items going miles off to the top when misplaced over another item. just to the nearest spot would be good ennough
;)

#4 and #6 have been annoying issues for years. I also second (fifth, sixth,?) the request to improve the selection size for gloves and face guard. A remove, wear armor toggle command that can be mapped to a key would be nice. It could even go slowly, but automated would be worth it.

It might be nice also to get rid of all the unused avatar status and such from inventory, and to add in return the ability to see mindforce setup. I think that's what was intended but the avatar enhancements showed up in the form of mindforce instead of whatever it is you have there now. So, a pane that shows
-implant in head (ability to look at it and see tt, etc
-all mindforce chips currently on an avatar
-radar profile (might as well add this to support the jamming chips when they come out, right?)

what is a bit annoying is that item positions are not always remembered correctly.

This is irritating, they are never rememberd correctly in inventory, and as soon you loot something or add something to inventory the top section is always a mess again...

Also like to fix when you split stackables in storage they appear in in inventory like it was before last fix..

remove all armor in one click or make it instantly repairable with plates...

The Numbered Sections, I dont see what there for & have never used them in 2 Years - maybe someone will shed some light on that for me.

However one point I have in relation to these boxes is to have one of them as a loaned box.

This would be wonderful & if used in a system of lending an item - this would help in alot of the scamming that goes on in entropia.

If I could Load/trade an item to a friend - the item can be kept as a reference in a section of the inventary eg Box 1 Loaned items - There could be a time set for the item to reappear in that box and replaced after 24 hours.

1. Loan Box section
2. Loaned items kept with in that box, with a tag saying loaned
3. Loaned items can not be sold or loaned out once Loaned.
4. Loaned items are automatically sent back to the loaner after 24 hours if not given back before.
5. Loaned items can not be paid for, thus reduce mistaken purchases.

It is very difficult to loan or lend items to people, & after my experience.

This would also be useful in a number of areas, such as Clothing - trying on clothes to check colours & see how they fit.

Trust Scamming would be reduced dramatially & so secuity & also a million support cases of the same Nature.

I think this would put to use one of the inventary numbered boxes in one of the best ways possible & also make Entropia a much more pleasent & trusting place to be.

Moonfish

Status
Back