Info: The Latest Team VTOL hunt AKA Exploit

i do not know how you can not understand the simple aspect of Exploit, Exploit means... using a flaw in the system to gain advantage.

using something that it was not intended for, making this an exploit its that simple.

this is not rocket science or some mind f**k equation.

so using fruit to know decay of item , so you have better knowledge of hiden stat of item is an exploit and should be punish with a ban...

If this was not a design flaw off the system.. if this was ment to be. Then every armor, fap and short range weapon is TT food. No longer need for mod fap or shadow to kill anything. Naked whit a ml35 or even bravo (non regen) to kill the mobs so eco that no one ingame can come close to (that dont use a vtol)...

Just think about that for 2 sec, then... do MA realy have to put this in large letters on some web page for you to understand that this is wrong to use vtol in this way... ?

remind me exactly what did all the L item...
Making skill , and many hight lvl item total useless...so using L item is an exploit ?

so using fruit to know decay of item , so you have better knowledge of hiden stat of item is an exploit and should be punish with a ban...

this is where common sense comes into play

Making skill , and many hight lvl item total useless...so using L item is an exploit ?

no using L items is not an exploit because the creators of the game added them to the game so we could skill up faster, the intended use for these items.

skaffa ett liv och sluta gå runt och skvallra som gammla kärringar

skaffa ett liv och sluta gå runt och skvallra som gammla kärringar

get a life and stop going around and gossiping as old hags

English forum only, please move along...

2.1 - English Only
PlanetCalypsoForum is an English-only forum. All content posted in publicly viewable areas of the forum must be written in English.

L items made it possible to kill higher level mobs mob at A HIGHER COST for a lower level player. It did also open up pvp for more players then the mod/imp fap kidsen, still at A HIGHER COST!
And whit vtol... at a lower cost.

Aint eco a big part off this game no more... ? :rolleyes:

Are you a *inserst insult here* or do you only act as one... ?

Then you could also say using mod/adj/imp fap or any other uber old school item is an exploit.... they are all very old game mechanics that give their owners an unfair advantage. The only reason MA doesn't rectify this is for fear of pissing of a few spoilt children. ..... let the flame start :poke:

SOLUTION:

Flying vehicles do not negate agro until 15 seconds after entering the vehicle.

No hunting exploit.
No mob trains.

Done.

Okay. I shooting malc. He approaches to me, I climbing in VTOL and liftoff on 50 meters

Malc will spitting on me, or jump like Jackie Chan and perform nice Chuck's roundhouse kick?

After cooldown period I land and repeat, from distance.

This is off topic because it's not questioning whether or not this is an exploit... but.... what I'd like to know is this -

What is the return % for 3 players using VTOLs vs. 3 players NOT using VTOLs? Reason I ask this is because for the last 3 years I've been under the impression that the system records your decay and pays accordingly.

I revive killed a Stalker. Cost me about 72 PED ammo and I got a 55 PED global. If I would have used a VTOL I would have saved a TONNE of Mind Essence.... That being said.... I doubt my Cost to kill that Stalker would have been any cheaper than say Star's cost to kill it. Difference being I can revive kill 2 per hour where he kills one every 3 minutes thus increasing his odds at a large loot.

Yes this may be an exploit, but the loot system can't be cracked that easilly. If an exploiter is getting back 75% returns then who cares how they get them? Sure they MIGHT ATH off a mob they aren't skilled/geared up enough to kill properly... but then again.... So could a noob crafting/mining.

I think people should worry about their own gameplay before others.... by the way.... was my revive kill an exploit too? I don't think TP chips were designed to assist in killing mobs way above your skill/gear level.

Menace

i remember at some point , in omegaton there was many 'noob' hunting falx by revive killing , a spawn was next to a revive , and people was making big team to revive kill...
many people was sending suport case about how unfair it was , so , some player got locked , and MA mouved a bit the spawn , making the revive killing way more dificult...

In short it seems nowday , because of player , the only to kill a mobs without riking to get acount locked is to hunt alone and to tank the mobs...all other system seems to be an exploit..
revive kill is an exploit , ping pong is an exploit , outrun mobs is an exploit , faper go in vtol is an exploit, i wonder when people will begin to say hiring a mod fap or teaming is an exploit...

All that for the sake of the "fairness".. EU IS NOT FAIR !!!
Many people did spend many money in many way and get nothing for it , and many other made shit load of money doing nothing beside beeing lucky...
Get over it...
Its not because you will piss off some ramdom player who kill eomon that use a Vtoll that sudently you will get big loot...
You should more try to bring more player to game , than pissing those here...

And , how many of those who complain so much in this thread did really send a suport case , asking to MA an action to fix the exploit ?
Because getting some random joe banned does not solve the problem... how many did it ?

i think you scream this a bit to much ...

Yes, my fault. Arguments from my side doesn't get to you. Any arguments. Any facts.

soon people with money will be banned aswell... cuz they can buy better gear.

We the players have to decide if its an exploit or not.

Made my day, thank you, Kimmi.

I vote for MJ as a chairman of the committee to make decisions.

Then we take final decision, make it 72-size, bloody red font and send it to MA with stamp "undisputed".

why does the poster of the video have a loot hand at the end of the video? :dunno:

It is an well known exploit that, its not allowed to have other people to fap you!!! :wise:

You are gaining an unfair advantage Vs. people that dont have friends ingame to fap them.

Insted of having to stop shooting and fap, you can now shoot non stop.

This is where common sense comes in to play, and you just know its an exploit. :wise:

i remember at some point , in omegaton there was many 'noob' hunting falx by revive killing , a spawn was next to a revive , and people was making big team to revive kill...
many people was sending suport case about how unfair it was , so , some player got locked , and MA mouved a bit the spawn , making the revive killing way more dificult...

Actually, they made the revive-killing there not 'more difficult', but impossible, by putting a turret right next to the revive.

this all is ridicolous.

MA has do decide what an exploit is or not and has to announce it on official ways. And that for sure is not so easy. Just take Kims statement as example:
Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk
We are in the process of trying to eliminate these exploits however that will not solve the problem of these players gaining an unfair advantage right now. Safe to say, we know exactly who has been doing what and justice may be coming soon to a theater near... someone.

My advice to any exploiter, stop what your doing right now and we may be lenient. Remember that I see everything, the chirpy on the corner of your radar could be me.

This is far away from an official announcement and Kim knows that, he has to be careful what to write to the community. just remember the mothership issue. If someone gets a perm ban from this a lawsuit against would be an easy win.

Of course the situation is not satisfying, neither for the ones who think the "exploiters" have an unfair advantage and "steal" loot. Nor for the players using this "trick" because it works as designed and now they are called cheaters, exploiters and what ever.

If you are unhappy with what others do, send a support and wait the answer. If you get an answer do not make the mistake and consider it is official now.

And stop this whining, bitching, flaming and witch hunt. No use of it.

why does the poster of the video have a loot hand at the end of the video? :dunno:

erm because the mob is dead you get that on every single dead mob in the game...

Deja-vu....

I hope MA fixes this in next VU.

It's easy to say for MA this is an exploit, but ppl not reading forums don't know.

If it is an exploit and it's here for as long as the VTOLs exist MA should fix it and not ban players for using what is provided to them ingame!

There are many solutions provided by the players and on top of that MA's programmers should be smart enough since they did code that shit in the first place to solve it.

One of the most easiest solutions would be that you cannot enter a vehicle if you have mob aggro on you. Very straight foreward and effective.
Then all these discussions and supportcases woudn't be needed in the first place. And it saves them a lot of support cases (thus money).

There were bugs in the past that were abvious, MA solved them. The VTOL bug or exploit is here since several VU's now, so I would conclude that it isn't a bug and not an exploit but a feature.

As MA don't care to fix it we shouldn't care to threat it as an exploit.

Deja-vu....

I hope MA fixes this in next VU.

It's easy to say for MA this is an exploit, but ppl not reading forums don't know.

If it is an exploit and it's here for as long as the VTOLs exist MA should fix it and not ban players for using what is provided to them ingame!

There are many solutions provided by the players and on top of that MA's programmers should be smart enough since they did code that shit in the first place to solve it.

One of the most easiest solutions would be that you cannot enter a vehicle if you have mob aggro on you. Very straight foreward and effective.
Then all these discussions and supportcases woudn't be needed in the first place. And it saves them a lot of support cases (thus money).

There were bugs in the past that were abvious, MA solved them. The VTOL bug or exploit is here since several VU's now, so I would conclude that it isn't a bug and not an exploit but a feature.

As MA don't care to fix it we shouldn't care to threat it as an exploit.

you summed it up rather nicely here apart from the bit i highlighted, Mindark have already stated its an exploit in this thread

VTOL hunting IS an exploit now confirmed by support

Then you will get very big portion of shit in the fan from VTOL users, who just FLY over drones (and other dodge-skillers) and starts receive DMG.

We, uh, are at 'war' with the robots last time I checked. If they can shoot vtols to fix this exploit, let them. War isn't supposed to be something you can casually ignore by hopping on a private jet.

Taming's been gone for 2+ years. Maybe not it's time to remove vehicles for 2 years til they can fix the coding behind them now that taming's coming out in September?

We, uh, are at 'war' with the robots last time I checked. If they can shoot vtols to fix this exploit, let them. War isn't supposed to be something you can casually ignore by hopping on a private jet.

Taming's been gone for 2+ years. Maybe not it's time to remove vehicles for 2 years til they can fix the coding behind them now that taming's coming out in September?

Yeah, remove all planets, space, and go to old engine. Godspeed.

If one person is healing another person, and the person they are healing gets an lolcrit and dies, and the healer pops out a vtol to stand buy until the hunter gets back because he doesn't want to stand there and take the decay like a moron while he waits, and then gets out and heals the hunter when he gets back, is that an exploit?

If a hunter is in a relatively clear safe area, and some gd appears on the edge of the radar, and agros a bunch of mobs onto him/her and sends a stream of them off to the hunter, and the hunter doesn't want to pay the extra armor and fap decay or risk dying because he didn't agro all those stupid mobs, so he pops out a vtol and goes to another area with no gd's on the radar so he doesn't have to deal with the stupid gd who thinks hunting is running into a pack of mobs and seeing how many can chew on them while they shoot one mob, is that an exploit?

If a hunter is anywhere in or near a spawn and pops out a vtol to take a smoke break or take a dump or answer the phone or whatever so he doesn't get spawned on and die or take unnecessary armor decay, is that an exploit?

If a hunter has a few mobs he's dealing with and a big ass mob is ninja spawned on him and he knows he can't take it, so he pops out his vtol and escapes MAs ninja spawn, is that an exploit?

If a miner gets to close to a group of mobs and agros them but doesn't want to hunt so he pops out a vtol to move to another area with no mobs, is that an exploit?

If a new explorer uses a vtol to go from one tp to the next which allows them to bypass mobs along the way that would otherwise chew them up and cause decay, is that en exploit?

I'm sure there are some other people here besides me that can can come up with some other scenarios and they would probably like to know what is and is not an exploit from the staff of MA Exploit Experts contributing here....

I hope MAs Exploit Experts here will provide all the possible scenarios that are and are not considered exploits so all the 1 million accounts that log into PE can find this thread and study what is and is not an exploit.

my words!!!

but "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mac again."

Reactions: Mac
you summed it up rather nicely here apart from the bit i highlighted, Mindark have already stated its an exploit in this thread

I'm sorry, but a post from a player from with a copy paste a support case, is not an official message from MA that it's an exploit.

If MA can't be bothered to communicate openly that this is an exploit, why should the players be bothered?
----------------------
Now it's official! MA said it that you must hunt Estophyls on LA 28!!!

Here I have a copy past of my support case:

HAL9000 said:
"Not hunting Estophyls on OLA28 IS an exploit, now confirmed by support!

Supportcase sent in a while ago by William Shatner:

Case Description
Category: In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Abuse or Harassment
Deposit method:
Details: I have a very simple question...
----------------------------------------------------------------
I think ppl hunting estophyls outside OLA 28 is an exploit, I spend DNA and organize events and some ppl hunting estos on other places as well.

So the very simple question is :
Is this allowed according EULA or is it not?
----------------------------------------------------------------
And the answer:
(Stardate Dec 1, 2252 10:21 PM GMT)

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. I have been informed that our developing team is now aware of problems with the Estophyls. We are currently working on a solution to fix this, however we can not offer you an exact time for this to be fixed.

Using exploits to obtain economic advantages is a behavior which is certainly in violation of the EULA and all participants are obliged to report bugs and exploits when found. If you do not report such exploits or bugs and if you or any other participant is found taken advantage of this situations, you run the risk of getting your account locked.

Kind regards,

Captain Kirk | USS enterprise Support

SO this counts as an official MA communication to the players? Better start hunting those Estos on LA28 then before getting banned!

Last edited:
It looks like a lot of people like to play stupid.

(hey, look, a double entendre)

No it is not!
This is an answer to a ticket, so an answer to one player. It is not mentioned on the official web presence nor elsewhere.
nobody could be banned because of the answer of the ticket.

to make it clear, I'm not pro to use this trick for hunting big mobs and I can understand players which invested PED in uber tools and items to hunt big mobs and now figuring out it is possible with lower gear.
But I'm against that war against the players using the feature of the air vehicles.
MA has to judge, not the community.

To those, who wants this Engraved Somewhere Officially, as an Exploit. It doesn't matter, is it officially or not, written or not. I just want ask you one thing, please - answer me honestly:

You starting EU, first, what you see before loader - is EULA.

Did you read it, at least, first sentence?

It is an well known exploit that, its not allowed to have other people to fap you!!! :wise:

You are gaining an unfair advantage Vs. people that dont have friends ingame to fap them.

Insted of having to stop shooting and fap, you can now shoot non stop.

This is where common sense comes in to play, and you just know its an exploit. :wise:

What are these "friend" things you speak of, can I buy them on the auction?

sorry i dont read that fan forum...

You call some post on some fan forum official communication ?

Do you think its a fair chanel to inform all player ?

specially went it is not a thread stated to comunicate about that matter , but some post drowned in middle of a advert about what may come thread...

You kidding right ?

Reactions: Mac
sorry i dont read that fan forum...

You call some post on some fan forum official communication ?

Do you think its a fair chanel to inform all player ?

Perfect. Official MA's forum is now "fan".

And Kim, who answers there - mutated pinoccio.

Back