the new deer Mall

Item stats has changed in the past, practically, but it has mostly been low and mid level players who got affected by it:
- The indtroduction of SIB weapons, which depreciated older weapons (ewe-40, Kat. Determination).
- The Amp Nerf; practically the biggest impact was on opalo+a104, but during my first 6 months or so ingame I hunted alot with Jester D1+a103 (note: this was before Opalo, when the TT weapons were crap), and for higher mid-level players Maddox IV+Dante. Before the amped opalo there was never any mentioning about amps having a big impact of economy, and anyway MA allows ubers to hunt with imk2+a204 which have a simular eco to "amped opalo", and who had mod merc instead of the "too cheap" maddox+dante combo.
- Footguards: When I bought my ghost, I thought I have made my last big armor investment. But suddently you needed to start looking for a rare part and pay >300 ped for it if you wanted to keep your protection.

Can´t agree.
The introduction of SIB weapons didn´t change existing weapons, the stats are still the same at all old style weapons!
Amp Nerf: The stats of the amps are still the same, what changed is the rule how to use it. Definately a nerf but no stats changed!
Footguards: Thats additional items, stats of your ghost or any other armor didn´t change!

- Adjusted mobs: To make mod merc owners happy on Crystal Palace. For me it took the fun out of hunting feffs in Spider Crater (using plasma rifle+determination). To make ammo run out much faster if you met an Atrox out there in the wild. To make it impossible to use nerveblast as "spare ammo" if you ran out of ammo on a feff, or got an estophyl after you. To change Molisk Leaders from being "challenging" to "not worth the trouble".
These are no items you paid for, its mobs that havechanged and nobody forces you to hunt these adjusted mobs!

At the Deer Mall stats of shops changed that we the shopowners already paid for!
If MA would introduce shops that are a lot cheaper and have much more itempoints that would devalue our shops. Such a change would come close to a devaluation of items you mentioned above.
But MA didn´t implement new content that devalued our shops, they changed the stats (Fee!).

What would you say if your Ghost Armor would have less protection with next VU and have the stats of a Pixi, after the change?
Would this be acceptable for you?

A Full week now since I filed the support case about the shops issue.
No reply!
I would expect at least some standart reply, but there is absolut nothing.
Its totally ignored !!!!

Thats badest customer service I have ever seen.

MA/FPC wonders why they get bad reputation?

I don´t wonder. Ripping of my money and beating my business down to an unfair advanage of others, that have to pay only 15 PED for a 150 Item shop and another shop with 180 Items for 20 PED at the same Mall where I should pay 100 PED fee for my 100 items shop, although I bought an 100 item shop with a 10 PED fee!
MA calls that balancing. LOL they are such bad asses its unbelievable.

MA sucks!
The longer it takes the more I think about selling out and leaving.

Everyone who will ask me in the future, my advise will be don´t invest in EU, as you can´t trust MA in any way, and every business isn´t calculateable due to MAs arbitrariness.
Sooner or later MA will destroy every business you planned to operate, and started to build it up!

hummmm

MA sucks!
The longer it takes the more I think about selling out and leaving.

Everyone who will ask me in the future, my advise will be don´t invest in EU, as you can´t trust MA in any way, and every business isn´t calculateable due to MAs arbitrariness.
Sooner or later MA will destroy every business you planned to operate, and started to build it up!

I think it's been on the agenda for quite some time now...

I cant help wondering what will happen to the Hanger owners - because if you take this situation as an example of the kind of moves they make to Balance & treat there customers, well it's obvious really... They had there deeds taken away - just like we did, I wonder if that will all turn out to be a white elephant as well..

I have Sold & TT's all my stuff now & will never own a deed in this game again.

Good Luck
MF

Can´t agree.
The introduction of SIB weapons didn´t change existing weapons, the stats are still the same at all old style weapons!
When the opalo was introduced, I know a lot of people noticed a big increase of misses using old weapons.
Amp Nerf: The stats of the amps are still the same, what changed is the rule how to use it. Definately a nerf but no stats changed!
If you had an amp attached to a weapon before and after the change, you'd see that the orange values had changed. Defenitely an stats change - not on the amp or weapon itself, but the resulting damage.
These are no items you paid for, its mobs that havechanged and nobody forces you to hunt these adjusted mobs!
Ok, I have to admit: I'm not a land owner. (They are the only ones who can be said to "own" mobs, and have a real saying in this for that reason.) But for me as a "weapon owner" I see that about half of the mobs has been changed, and all new mobs appears to be "regen".

Footguards: Thats additional items, stats of your ghost or any other armor didn´t change!

What would you say if your Ghost Armor would have less protection with next VU and have the stats of a Pixi, after the change?
Would this be acceptable for you?

What happened if you had a full set (6 parts), is that after the second footguard VU when they became "mandatory", you would, on average, get 19/7 less impact protection and so on since 1/7 (very roughly) of the hits would hit an unprotected part. So average impact protection went down from 19 to 16.

I remember someone said that at a point there was an explicit change in stats of Vigi armor when protection was changed from 15 and 7.5 protection to 14 and 7.

Though, I agree with you when it comes to the shops.

The decision to move the shops from the cave into a mall isn't something that the players asked for, and the balancing thing sounds a bit odd since shops in condo buildings are cheaper.

I'm starting to think it would have been better to *not* have made the transition to CryEngine this early. Considering that the only new thing ingame is the enhancers, and still not all old systems are implemented, and there are still no new planets to visit.

MA could have held off Cryengine until the first planet was about to go live, and could have spent that time to make a complete release. And, naturally, have had an open beta in a limited area - that would have made issues like "cliffs", lag and download format easier to resolve before pushing it onto entire player base first. And meanwhile, let the planet developers connect to the open-beta area so they had someting to work against.

When 10.0 went live, I first, "finally, now can MA implement new content, bring in a new story line, and we can start to explore new planets". Though, unfortunately, beside from the eye candy (if you have a computer that can handle it), vu 9 had more content than 10 has now.

Last edited:
Finally a reply by MA/FPC to my support file.

2010-03-03 18:45 Entropia Universe-Support:

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. First of all we would like to apologize for the much delayed reply to your support case!

We are very sorry that the old Tomb shops never were fixed as it was originally planned and communicated to you. We understand that this is a disappointment for you.

We can see that that information about the maintenance fee of the new shop could easily be missed in your previous support case, and you have our apologies for not communication what the fee would be in a clear way. We know that the maintenance fee is an important factor when deciding whether or not to purchase a shop.

We cannot discuss design decisions but we have made sure to share your feedback about the shops and the mall with our design team for their information. The current maintenance fee and item points will remain however, just so you know what to expect.

If you have changed you mind about making this new investment in the new shop in the Deer mall, we will give you your funds back. If you also wish to withdraw the funds from your PED Card back to your bank account, we will make sure to expedite your withdrawal. We will then also look into whether it would be possible to lift the withdrawal fee due to the current circumstances with your case.

Update this support case again when you have decided on how you wish to proceed or if you have any further questions, and we will assist you further.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Don´t know if this should be a joke or whatever?

Waited 3 years, to get this shop, and now MA fucked it up completely and won´t give me what I originally bought back in 2007.
At least they offered that I may withdraw, the price paid for the shop without a withdraw fee.

Don´t know what to do know!
Withdraw the money and be with a shop less in business, or stay with this expencive shop and try operating it ????
Or try to sell the shop, to someone who wants to operate the shop although there is a 100 PED monthly fee on it ???

Any offers out there for my shop?
100+10 items at 100 PED monthly fee!

I'd take the withdraw offer, but that's just me. 100 PED per month is too much.

Finally a reply by MA/FPC to my support file.

Don´t know if this should be a joke or whatever?

Waited 3 years, to get this shop, and now MA fucked it up completely and won´t give me what I originally bought back in 2007.
At least they offered that I may withdraw, the price paid for the shop without a withdraw fee.

Don´t know what to do know!
Withdraw the money and be with a shop less in business, or stay with this expencive shop and try operating it ????
Or try to sell the shop, to someone who wants to operate the shop although there is a 100 PED monthly fee on it ???

Any offers out there for my shop?
100+10 items at 100 PED monthly fee!

This is so bad ! They learn noting, really noting ! no one will have a shop with just 100 item points for 1 ped per item. This is really a too much high fee. Im sure this some shops will be empty for ever. One more unusable things in game! It is near imposible to sell enough items to get just the fee per month. The auction willl be much cheaper for selling. Why they dont offer other shops, or booths for the torkel owners, or even make a realistic fee. 100 ped per month for 100 items is just a shame! Im disapointed !:mad: what have the new community manager to say, to this issue? no worths left? or any help to the owners there.

I also had a reply to my support case. It was similar to the one above in that they agreed the fees were not made clear but they are not willing to do anything about it.

I have been asked to make a decision on keeping the shop or not by Monday.

ATM, I think I may well decide to keep the shop and operate it only until the free period expires, then keep or sell it as an asset as per market conditions.

I also had an update to my case about the PC signs I have in the shop that are not working; they closed it, with no further reply and no fix.

I now await with interest to see what maintenance fee the rejected 100 PED/month shops will have when MA eventually try to re-sell them ;)

After deciding to keep my Deer Mall shop despite the issues I have also finally given up waiting for MA to do anything about my bugged signs and have taken the decay and fixed some of them myself.

My Deer Mall shop is now up and running more-or-less as I intended. I expect to keep the Shop open for the rest of this year.

what have the new community manager to say, to this issue? no worths left? or any help to the owners there.

Obvisously nothing!
Still ignoring their customers.

"You get what you pay for"
Now, there's two ways to look at that.
MA's perspective - you bought a virtual property with zero guarantees that can be changed at any moment.
Your/Our perspective - you payed for 150 items, you should have 150 items.

I'd be pissed off if I was you! But in saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if MA put their middle finger up...
:mad:

I hope you get your slots back~

No she dont because she did buy a shop who can have 150 items and so the new shop sould have room for 150 tems she would get what she payed for.

:twocents:

Readed again whole thread, and i must say this is one of the sadest thing i ever saw in EU. Way MA handled shop owner case is in highest level dissapointing, cruel and simply not fair.

Worse thing is that MA promised to handle that case in owners favor, but finally refused to do that. I am not owning any shops just LA, but after this and way of handlingone of my LA cases i am realy scared to invest money in EU.

Widely spoken by Marco at every possible ocasion MA rule ,to not change stats of participants owned items, wchich shall give feeling of stability for anyone is just BS :(
Rule was broken again, participants screwed from their cash. Items in shops is simply stat of an item ( deed/shop is item too )

This should be required reading for anyone considering buying LA or a shop just to let them know for certain that MA / FPC will make changes as they see fit with no customer right to reply or appeal, you've just got to hope they're feeling generous when they read it.

What happened to the cave shops under the deer out of interest?

They were cool. Did MA just say "Tough luck" to the owners?

Wistrel

Oh dear, someone bumped the deer mall thread again.

we got shops inside the deer that are awesome with a year free rent XD

i am happy with what I got :yay:

we got shops inside the deer that are awesome with a year free rent XD

i am happy with what I got :yay:

Well, if you are happy that you have to pay a 100 PED fee/month for a shop that originally was at 8 PED fee/month its your thing, not mine.

I still feel very pissed about the fact MA/FPC didn´t deliver what I originally purchased!

Worst customer service I have ever seen.

Well no deposits from me, anymore.

All trust into MA is gone, they don´t earn a dime from me in the future!

If anybody askes me about EU, my advice is: Stay away, they steal your money! Investment isn´t worth thinking about it.
Every RL high risk investment is much better option than investing into business inside EU.

Well, if you are happy that you have to pay a 100 PED fee/month for a shop that originally was at 8 PED fee/month its your thing, not mine.

I still feel very pissed about the fact MA/FPC didn´t deliver what I originally purchased!

Worst customer service I have ever seen.

Well no deposits from me, anymore.

All trust into MA is gone, they don´t earn a dime from me in the future!

If anybody askes me about EU, my advice is: Stay away, they steal your money! Investment isn´t worth thinking about it.
Every RL high risk investment is much better option than investing into business inside EU.

my rent was reset to before prices with before item count its the thorkel tomb shops that got short stick

Yep all the owners that got their shops repossessed shortly after buying them because of the screw up in item counts got the new rebalanced prices.

Sadly because they didn't have their deeds (but had the agreement to buy them when they were fixed).

Basically they got screwed on a technicality.

well, yes, it is an ok design on the new mall, I suppose, but it's a bit of a weird structure. It'd be nice if it was like other malls where you enter the front door and you are on main floor. As things are now, I think you have to use the televator just to get in the front door... then you have to wander around a narrow hallway to get to where you want. It is nice that they look like mall shops inside though. Lots of overhead room normal shops in places like Genesis and Omegaton don't have to do stuff like hang gigantium signs and paintings without half of it cutting off due to the floor or ceiling. View from the top floor is nice, but it's sort of annoying there is no balcony or something for easy exit without the televator.

Back