Info: Thread Prefixes

Site Admin
Admin
With VU 3.7.1, EntropiaForum adds the ability for members to provide prefixes for threads posted in certain forums. These prefixes appear in various locations of the forum, such as search result pages, forum indexes, and profile pages, allowing other members to quickly notice threads of special interest.

The thread prefixes available when creating a new thread depend on the destination forum of the thread.

Members are asked to use appropriate thread prefixes for their threads, and not to abuse this new feature.

To add a prefix to a new thread, simply select the drop-down box next to the thread title form field:

picture.php

Note that this drop-down will not be presented if you are creating a thread in a forum that does not permit thread prefixes.

Here is a list of currently available thread prefixes and forums where they may be used:

General Prefixes:
FYI:
Info:
Help:
Question:

Available forums:
  • About EntropiaForum
  • About EntropiaUniverse
  • Items
  • Skills
  • Property
  • Soc Talk
  • n00bs Corner
  • EntropiaUniverse Professions
  • General Economy Discussion
  • Sponsored Forums
  • Galleria

Trading Prefixes:
Buying:
Selling:

Available Forums:
  • Buying
  • Selling

Hall of Fame Prefixes:
HoF:
Uber:
ATH:
Discovery:
Achievement:

Available Forums:
  • Hall of Fame
  • Uberloots
  • All Time Highs
  • Discoveries

Newsroom (Reporters Only):
News:
Who's Who:

Available Forums:
  • Entropia Universe News

Please post any suggestions for additional thread prefixes in this thread.

Enjoy!

:tux:

Nice addition, will greatly improve readability. Thx 711!

News:
Who's Who:

Available Forums:
  • Entropia Universe News

How about "Article:"? For example Skam's "Dining with Mindark" isn't exactly news, but more an article (or something else, I just know I don't think it's news :silly2:).

hooo miniupdate , so that make it vu 3.7.1.1 ?

hooo miniupdate , so that make it vu 3.7.1.1 ?

No, thread prefixes were included in 3.7.1.

I just did not enable all of the available prefixes right away. More can be added based on feedback in this thread as well.

News:
Who's Who:

Available Forums:
  • Entropia Universe News

Please post any suggestions for additional thread prefixes in this thread.

Enjoy!

:tux:
The colour of the news prefix is hard to make out with the grey background.

Can we have "Competition:" and "Event:" for the Events section please?

Here is a list of currently available thread prefixes and forums where they may be used:

General Prefixes:
FYI:
Info:
Help:
Question:

Could you please give an example of where one would use FYI vs. Info? Those two seem redundant. Thanks.

Shouldn't be there a Prefix about Achievement too? ..

For example - Unlocked skills, 5k milestone , 100 agility ...

or 100 k peds lost so far? :rolleyes: ,

The light blue colour is quit hard to read on the grey background I suggest light green in stead.
For the use of colours a good contrast is important so the can be read, by most readers, including the colour blinded.

Thanks for the information. I was about to ask how to get those prefixes. Glad i read through all those pages in the other thread to find this!

Awesome new feature!

The colour of the news prefix is hard to make out with the grey background.

The light blue colour is quit hard to read on the grey background I suggest light green in stead.
For the use of colours a good contrast is important so the can be read, by most readers, including the colour blinded.

Newsroom prefixes changed to a more visible color. Thanks for the feedback!

Shouldn't be there a Prefix about Achievement too? ..

For example - Unlocked skills, 5k milestone , 100 agility ...

or 100 k peds lost so far? :rolleyes: ,

Achievement prefix added, thanks for the feedback!

Achievement prefix added, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks 711 .. you are always fast and efficient , very few bugs ..

Maybe they need you in MA HQ to show em how to do it... :D

Thanks 711 .. you are always fast and efficient , very few bugs ..

Maybe they need you in MA HQ to show em how to do it... :D

Hell no!!! Then he would be locked in some small cabinet without windows and access to EF would get blocked for him... Then hell breaks loose on here, total anarchy, the world will be going down, <add the usual yadda-yadda, maybe without the alien-stuff>, etc.

Do we want this??? I'd say "NO"!!!

And now :topic:

Oh and now a BIG PLZ 711 .. i know is not related with the Prefixes but it is for creating new Threads and Posts.

Can you Pllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....

So can we have configurable Emoticon Shortcuts? .. PLZZ!!! :bowdown:

... so we can pick those we mostly use ? For example ... : D , : ) , ; ) ... i usually just type em down .... so no need to have em there... :D

i know it's nothing important ,but you work a lot on the aspect of this EF VU , so why not some more ergonomy? :yay:

Oh and now a BIG PLZ 711 .. i know is not related with the Prefixes but it is for creating new Threads and Posts.

... so we can pick those we mostly use ? For example ... : D , : ) , ; ) ... i usually just type em down .... so no need to have em there... :D

i know it's nothing important ,but you work a lot on the aspect of this EF VU , so why not some more ergonomy? :yay:

Yes and of course we need MORE Dancing Monkeys!!!!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

:D

Dex :cool:

How About a Contest Thread Prefix 711?

I think it would be awesome ;)

I will entice you to action with a Bribe:​

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

No one can resist the Monkeys!​

:D

Dex :cool:

You could have posted into my thread... :rolleyes:. I wouldn't have felt alone that much over there ;)

Bump, since some members are asking questions about thread prefixes that are answered in this thread.

Any news about whether we are going to get 'Event:' or 'Contest:' prefixes?

Back