Currently Seeking Home
Nicholas Laser Ash
So, I thought I would try to tier my EKT2600. Here's the stuff needed to do so:
  • EKT-2600
  • 152 Lysterium Ingonts
  • 25 Medical Compress'
  • 60 Tier I Components
  • 192(?) Blazer Fragments

There may be another ingredient needed to do the tier process but I can't remember them all of the top of my head. Anyhow, I just wanted to share my experience, not what it takes.

So, my success rate is 52% and I have a 3% chance of losing the secondary item. Am I correct in assuming everyone started out with these sames stats? Or did people who craft a lot start out with higher success numbers?

So I gather needed items (damn those medical compresses are expensive!) and give it a go. Here's my results:

First attempt = FAIL (kept secondary item got back 23 PED in residue)
Second attempt = FAIL (all items consumed, including second FAP)
Third attempt = FAIL (kept secondary item got back 19 PED in residue)
Fourth attempt = FAIL (all items consumed, including another FAP)

That's right! I lost two EKT-2600 FAPS in four attempts to tier up. Call me stupid for trying again, but I figured I had my one lost FAP and thought I would be safe for a few more pulls on the slot machines handle.:ahh:

Oh well, roughly 240 PED (not counting the FAPS) gone just like that! Hope you all have better success than me! Good luck all!

Wow, what a string of bad luck!! IMHO Tiers should be removed from EU, they are a trick on us participants. If we wanted item enchantments, we would play any number of fantasy MMO's. Not to sound really negative, but Entropia Universe seems to be slowly losing what made it special. It makes me sad :(

I think enhancements are actually good. My ur175 is at tier 3 and it heals for upto 118, which is pretty amazing. Also, my friend has a bl1300 which now does over 200dmg per shot :D.

That's unfortunate. I think that MA should change tiering so that when the 2nd item is consumer, you should get the tier upgrade on the first. That way it would soften the blow of losing the sencond item.

awe I'm gonna wait for more feedback about the tier system before i try on my sga shogun armor

I am sorry to hear about your FAP experience, mate. So far, I haven't had the guts to do a tier upgrade click on anything. I hope that if you try it again, your results are more enjoyable!!!

I did my MF-103 just the other day, guess i was lucky or something, got the secondary item back and 50 PED of residue.

I actually thought I failed because i was expecting to see the item in the loot window but when it was only residue.... well im glad i got it first try.

i had 58% chance and 97% salvage rate.

Thanks for those numbers.... was curious as to what everyone else initially had there.

Good to read .... after a series of visible successes I might have become tempted to tier the imk2 or something else ... but this type of messages bring me back with my feet to the ground.

Ty,

Atami

I did my MF-103 just the other day, guess i was lucky or something, got the secondary item back and 50 PED of residue.

I actually thought I failed because i was expecting to see the item in the loot window but when it was only residue.... well im glad i got it first try.

Thanks for those numbers.... was curious as to what everyone else initially had there.

Pretty sure 54% is max.

you scared me :( GL in the future!!

Stories like this are why I refuse to use tier upgrades. Even if they work it costs a bomb.

I wanted to tier up my tt drill. First two failed, third success. At that time (early on after enhancers started) it was over 20 ped per attempt. I then tiered up my tt extractor, and it was successful on the first try. I never lost secondary items, and my average is exactly 50%.

I'm not tiering anything up anymore. :D

Ouch that was unlucky, i calculated just under 1 in 10000 chance of that sequence of fails happening (if my calculations are correct).

Sorry for your loss :/

Ouch that was unlucky, i calculated just under 1 in 10000 chance of that sequence of fails happening (if my calculations are correct).

Yeah, I didn't calculate the odds, but I knew they were high. That's why I tried again. I figured I was somewhat safe :laugh:

So, my success rate is 52% and I have a 3% chance of losing the secondary item. Am I correct in assuming everyone started out with these sames stats? Or did people who craft a lot start out with higher success numbers?

No, it depends on your skills, my percentages are 51% and 98%

So I gather needed items (damn those medical compresses are expensive!) and give it a go. Here's my results:

First attempt = FAIL (kept secondary item got back 23 PED in residue)
Second attempt = FAIL (all items consumed, including second FAP)
Third attempt = FAIL (kept secondary item got back 19 PED in residue)
Fourth attempt = FAIL (all items consumed, including another FAP)

The chances of 4 consecutive failures at 52% success is 5.3% or every 18th person with your skills who attempts an upgrade gets these. The chances of losing all at least once in 4 at 97% salvage is attempts is ~ 11.5%. If at all, then you were only very slightly unlucky.

I tiered my Opalo SGA to 1 on my first try. Gonna get more risky at 2 etc.

Although, since SGA will never drop again if I destroy the second Opalo in any of my attempts then the value of my main Opalo will increase somewhat :laugh:

But there are 4 possible sequences in which he would have had similar results and the probability of at least 1 of these occurring is 1/1111. Which, let us be honest, is not really a very rare occurrence.

I'm sory to hear about your loss :(

FYI:
If you had used my service, you only had payed for the materials+markup on them ;)

FYI:
If you had used my service, you only had payed for the materials+markup on them ;)

Given that this appears to differ from what your service description says, can you please confirm that if he had come to you he would only have had to pay for the price of the components and that you would have bought 3 (or how many more it would have taken) EKT-2600 for use as second item out of your own pocket?

Given that this appears to differ from what your service description says, can you please confirm that if he had come to you he would only have had to pay for the price of the components and that you would have bought 3 (or how many more it would have taken) EKT-2600 for use as second item out of your own pocket?

Yes.

In case I failed 3 times and every time lost the second item, I would have bought a new ek2600 every time. He would ony pay the cost of materials used ;)

This is exactly what says in my service description. Please PM me or post in my thread where it says different.

about 1/1000, not 1/10000

So, I thought I would try to tier my EKT2600.

That's right! I lost two EKT-2600 FAPS in four attempts to tier up. Call me stupid for trying again, but I figured I had my one lost FAP and thought I would be safe for a few more pulls on the slot machines handle.:ahh:

Oh well, roughly 240 PED (not counting the FAPS) gone just like that! Hope you all have better success than me! Good luck all!

First go failed back 20 odd residue

2nd go I though I would full tt both faps (dont ask me why) that failed to so sold second 2nd fap

A few weeks later had another go, had to buy another 2600 was nearly dead so did tier attempt any way,

Success no loss of fap any attempts.

Is it worth it.

Dont know for an extra 2.1 heal on a uneco fap. probably :scratch2:

Will probably still go again when it reaches the time for tier 2

I've taken my EKT2600 to tier 1
My ore finder 105 to tier 1 and my Genuine Design Clone GDC-97 to tier 1.
The only fail so far was the 1st attempt with my Bravo all I lost was the material not the item. Lucky so far not sure I want to try much more my luck has to run out sooner or later.

Back