Question: To Chip In or Chip out that is the Question?

To Chip In or Chip out that is the Question?

• Total voters

LetumLatro

Provider
Society
DDX
Letum Mr Latro
First I like to say that I feel that Mindark and First Plant Side. did a great job on the new VU10 update and I can see lots of new things being added all the time. One thing for sure is there is a lot of changes in the game and one of the changes is the Economy. Economy in Real Life and the Economy in EU our linked together in a way. Not many other massively multiplayer online role-playing games are linked in this way. Knowing this we can see the hardships on avatars in the game and one of the things that alarms the Entropia Universe (EU) economy is avatars chipping out. When EU has a loss of an avatar from EU it changes the game in many ways. Each avatar provides a service in one way or another and when that service is gone the EU economy changes a little bit each time.

We all knew that the new VU10 would change the game in many ways. So should we be upset about it or embrace it? One thing that many are upset about is how to profit or brake even just to enjoy the game we all love. With many in hardships in Real Life (RL) and to have a hardship in EU to is too too much for many, then a avatar is forced to chip out and become a sweater. We all knew there would be a impact on the EU and RL Economies, so is chipping out of game the right thing to do?

Well I think it is not the right thing to do right now in hard times and is to soon. I feel that I will keep my avatar in EU. Why? you may ask. One reason is that we are the life line to Mindark and it's future and what it can become to many around the world. EU give's you the chance to reinvent your self in new ways that can only be done in virtual reality. There will be lots of changes in EU for the good and the bad just like any drama and EU has a lot of drama. It is like having a movie pass but you are part of that never ending drama, tell you turn off the power. Yes loot suck but think about it, loot always sucked. The thing that I find cool about the game is it is really free to play but that does not mean it will be easy to make Peds in the game and it is not meant to be. That is where the Role Playing is important and to understand that is game is more for entertainment and not a place to try to make a living in real life. That is not to say that some day it can not be but for now we should learn to love the game for what it is now and play the game responsibly. But no matter there is change here now in EU and some will stay and some will go it has been that way for many years. But for all the ones that go we hope to see you back here when times are good again to explore. Thank you to the developers that are sailing that EU ship in rough sea's and we all hope some day you will find calm sea's for all of us in EU.

To Chip In or Chip out that is the Question?
What is your answer and views on this subject? Tell us about what changes you have seen in the EU Economy and how it has impacted you.

i.e. New Players can now run to the oil rig to have a chance to get free skills and oil. This is a good change for New Players and noobs need a chance to profit in the game to. It is just finding that balance for all avatar levels of game playing in EU. Share your views with all of us in EU.

A big plus Rep for one of EU's all time great players
I mean who could turn your back on him
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It's hard to tell how the economy is affecting EU as all the changes that are taking place with CE2 and the potential of all the pent-up changes and creativity that has been on hold for three years...

I believe that this creative explosion in combination with the introduction of New Planets at the begining of the year couldn't be happening at a better time economically... for EU...

They have will enough News Worthy RealLife/Alternatelife stories like the bank... and it's implications... Rocktopia with it's approach to Alterantelife><RealLife music development potential will be a big one plus new opportunites and more Neverdie and Deathiflier type investment stories to keep them fesh and current for a couple years maybe more... in an industry that is now lacking any real news...

So
Not chipping out
but chipping in
for better armour
;)
and maybe more
:cool:

Last edited:
It's hard to tell how the economy is affecting EU as all the changes that are taking place with CE2 and the potential of all the pent-up changes and creativity that has been on hold for three years...

Agreed. I am at the "Wait and see" point myself. But I am optimistic :D

As far as chipping skills... if anyone thinks they will be around for a while I would advise to chip in. In many cases I strongly feel the cost for the chip will end up being less that the cost to play to gain the same amount of skills. At least with a chip you know up front what your gain will be :wise:

As people leave (for whatever reason) the prices for skills will probably come down a bit. Not too much I think... everyone knows skills are useful and will retain most of their value.

For those leaving and wanting to sell their skills: don't flood the market. Keep an eye on what is already being sold and advertize accordingly.

I voted chip in!
I think at this time its the worst time to chip out, because:
- world crisis still so less ppl depoing atm n playing.
- the full conversion to CE2 isn't ready yet (i want team hunt n CP back!)
- do to the reintroduction of chip in/out many ppl started to chip out at the same time (alote of more offers make skills price go down)
- sweat gathear isn't allowed yet, so you chip out and just stop to play? i dont think so. lol

gl all :cool:

MA Staffers should stop posting these "i feel good posts" :rolleyes: ;)its too obvious and annoying.;)

On one hand I would say you should chip out, but on the other hand you dont have many skills to chip out, so what is the point lol.

Bump this post

MA Staffers should stop posting these "i feel good posts" :rolleyes: ;)its too obvious and annoying.;)

Well I am not MA. I am just a PKer. But please add your views on this subject.

Ty

I voted for all three, but it is because I believe each one is the right answer depending on what view you look at it from.

"Wait and see" is prudent. See where the economy goes and then either chip in for a good price, chip out for some quick PED, or do neither and keep steady where you are.

"Chip out now!" puts skills on the market. This also allows those who are unhappy with the game to get their money. When the money is trapped, people complain more and just drag down the community with petty bitching.

"Chip in now!" is fed by the "Chip out now!" crowd and allows for new players to quickly reach mid-range content without costing a ton of money. Being that many of these new players are here because they were enticed by the SGA, this is a good thing, as it puts more than noob activities in their rach.

As there are 25 pages of ESI's for sale, I dont think that many people are chipping out.

Voted "Make No Changes"

Bump this post

As there are 25 pages of ESI's for sale, I dont think that many people are chipping out.

Voted "Make No Changes"

Yes but remember it takes a big chip to chip out.

I don`t see chiiping out as an option. Though it might be a good time to chip in if alot of players decide to sell skills and prices are good. I have always viewed PE and then EU as a long term pursuit. Thus I would never want to compromise my standing in the world by taking away skills from my avatar. I want to be as ready as I can be for whatever comes our way.

A big plus Rep for one of EU's all time great players​

Enlight me pls :scratch2: (ur drewling again ;))

Chipping in or out hmm

Out would not be wise atm considering current market i think

In thats a different discussion since some people dont chip in ;)
Prices are interesting to do so though :D

Im selling riffle skills for cheap!

You might want it to get better killing ppl in pvp zone :p

Missing an Chip in and our option xP

Ive chipped out some of the things i never use, but most likley will chip in what I plan on using alot more =)

Bump this post

There is some good feed back so far on this post. I would like to ask again for users to post their feelings about the Economy of EU. Feel free to share with us.
I have found the mining seems to keep you alive in the game looks like a lot of work went into it.

TY
Letum

One thing is for sure: it's an xGA for "traders/investors".

Enlight me pls :scratch2: (ur drewling again ;))

The thing you give Letum due credit and respect for is his fully embracing, in depth, and advocating the concept of immersing yourself in role playing in EU as being an essential part of truly enjoying the the game. This, along with his true well expressed love and concern for EU and it's survival and this thread is an example.
That's why I give him the thumbs up in my book...
:thumbup::wise::thumbup:

The reason I wouldn't turn my back on him...
Is because his role playing goal is to be the
Lengendary... Cowardly... Backshooting... Bushwacking... Bot loving... Bandito... of the Badlands... of nighttime stories and nightmares
of all good men, women, men pretending to be women,
and alternative children of all ages

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Reps? Reps? ... I don'r need your stknk'n Reps
I want your boots/footguards

Aside from having a little role playing fun;

I had some other thoughts a on the subject of this thread and the ecomony and EU... I think we will se a shift downward in terms of loot balancing and new opportunites to the lower classes of EU to make EU more livable and more successful (sucess ultimately being able to live in game.. off you in game resources) for the 5 -20 dollar a month players... as a way to shed the the image of it being to expensive to play... and also still be an attractive passtime and escape in what is shaping up to be very hard economic times... in the Western industrilaized countries of Europe and US... and a gowth period in the emerging marktets of the southen hemisphere and the east... CRD is still listed as comming soon and we are also included on their current home page...

Last edited:
already chipped in, have already chip out the most skills I dont use pre-VU10

Lately I have been Arming myself with photontorpedos to repell SPace pirates !

Arrrrrrrr

:yay:

Bump this post

I had some other thoughts a on the subject of this thread and the ecomony and EU... I think we will se a shift downward in terms of loot balancing and new opportunites to the lower classes of EU to make EU more livable and more successful (sucess ultimately being able to live in game.. off you in game resources) for the 5 -20 dollar a month players... as a way to shed the the image of it being to expensive to play... and also still be an attractive passtime and escape in what is shaping up to be very hard economic times... in the Western industrilaized countries of Europe and US... and a gowth period in the emerging marktets of the southen hemisphere and the east... CRD is still listed as comming soon and we are also included on their current home page...

Good points here, would like to see the link posted here to CRD so all can read it. Good idea about new players if we are loosing old players we will need new players in EU and they all start as a newbie so making it were newbies can afford to play the game is very important. In the past newbies came off the ship and no one was there to help them only someone to scam the new player and there was a loss of countless thousands of new players to EU. Now that MA has reinvented EU with the new VU10 is the time to care for new players and try to make them happy to where they will wish to keep their avatars and keep playing the game. Easier said then done though, one thing I have seen is that agronots just up the path way from Twins is a newbie hunting area at first there was a lot of newbies there hunting but the loot sucks so they do not go there anymore it is not like the old Twins Mall agronots hunting area. There needs to be a place where new players can hunt and get a start in the game. Like in Las Vegas there is slots that put out 90% pay out or more to just keep players playing. Not saying that EU is a slot but the idea of making some hunting areas a bit higher pay out to the newbies would help them a lot. They should be able to get the gear from the trade terminal and start to hunt and make some profit to start upgrading their gear. At the same time high level players need more risk and rewards as well. The hunting in EU needs work and I am sure they are working hard to fix it. Please add more ideas to this post in hopes that dev's will take some time to read our views and feelings what they have asked us all to do in earlyer posts in hope to help the EU economy to be more balanced.

TY
Letum

Here is a post from Sevvys about a review what it is like for newbies in VU10.
Link to Sevvys EF post:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entropia-universe-press/167833-found-mistake.html

Last edited:

Then u dont know letum.

If there is one person who doesnt care shit about whatever it must be this guy lol:silly2:

Last edited by a moderator:
A big plus Rep for one of EU's all time great players

I believe that this creative explosion in combination with the introduction of New Planets at the begining of the year couldn't be happening at a better time economically... for EU...

They have will enough News Worthy RealLife/Alternatelife stories like the bank... and it's implications... Rocktopia with it's approach to Alterantelife><RealLife music development potential will be a big one plus new opportunites and more Neverdie and Deathiflier type investment stories to keep them fesh and current for a couple years maybe more... in an industry that is now lacking any real news...

So
Not chipping out
but chipping in
for better armour
;)
and maybe more
:cool:

This is the kind of response i've been waiting for from you ;), keep it up !

Bump this post

There has been some chat about Letum's role playing in EU on this post, it's bit off topic.
Yes Letum is a killer:launcher::rocket: in EU back to topic.
Please share your views about the Question: To Chip In or Chip out that is the Question?

I voted both "chip in" and "chip out", since I want others to chip in while I chip out! :laugh:
But I'm not chipping all the way out... Just some...

The Aussie dollar sank from 94 cents to a low of 64 cents in the US dollar a few months back, that really hurt deposits as you can imagine but things have turned around for us now and our dollar is buying 92 cents with predictions it will rise above the US dollar in 3 to 4 months.

I can't afford the armours that are above what i now own so i will probably take advantage of some well placed first aid skills and evade.

I think it would be a drastic day for me to chip out as i never want to spend this much time and money skilling to the level i am at ever again in any game :) I'm only lowish mid level but i honestly could not go thru it all again.

Bump this post

Bump bump bump

yes. i believe you have a good point!

:D

I think people must wait for good times (if its possible) before spend more money..

Dancing is better than chip-in now.. lol

:yay::D

Bump this post

Hi bumbing for more votes and PS Letum does not work for MA lol or he would be uber and not a noob.

Back