Tomorrow's FPC update

Pallas Gaudio

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Pallas Gaudio
So, update tomorrow.

OK, I know this is a pointless thread - but what do you reckon is coming? Just the swamp in Swamp Camp?

• Swamp Camp
  • New Port Atlantis as you can see in the sneak peak video

Oh yes, forgot that was promised :) So then a general remapping of the whole area, maybe?

yep it will look like what they did with the Volcano server area, so all new and shiny and lots of new stuff to explore

yep it will look like what they did with the Volcano server area, so all new and shiny and lots of new stuff to explore

And if there's a mob spawn you like on that server, there's a fair chance it will disappear :(

1. taking off armor reduces hp.
2. putting on armor reduces hp slightly less.
3. looking at an atrox (without attacking it) decays helmet.
4. not using skills, makes them decay aswell.
5. not using (read : not decaying and repairing) the equipment makes it to rust or to morally age which lowers its tt value.

NB!
4. does not apply after 10/10 (just in case there was no point skilling up so far).
5. does not apply if the name of the equipment contains any of : adj, imp, mod or (L).

ouch, I hope I did not give out a bunch of brilliant ideas...

actually, I do not care any more - too many "features" already killing the fun/thrill/pedcard since 2006. if it helps to get more people joining/depositing all cool, if not...

what was the last thing implemented that attracted people to join or at least to log in to waste peds? I'll give some hints. was it :
A. shinier graphics?
B. make up?
c. some utterly pointless stuff from barbie world?
D. ze viiklz?
E. SGA aka old school fun = useful items are actually in loot, not in a wet dream, not in empty promises, they actually drop?

do not bother answering, it was rhetorical =)

and please, continue!

J.

RDIBoard.jpg

Red dots on radar without mobs mixed in with mobs not on radar to make us all even more paranoid.

• Swamp Camp
  • New Port Atlantis as you can see in the sneak peak video
  • new missions probably
    [*]some stability fixes
    [*]some random bug fixes
    [*]some random new bugs introduced :D

and this of course: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?198764-NEW-PORT-ATLANTIS-sneak-peak

At one point I thought I was optimistic... :laugh:
Lemme fix that for ya...
No stability fixes
Nary a bug fix
Insane bug introduced that corrupts and wipes the entire avatar skill/inventory database, as well as locking out the coders from the database, forcing them to revert to VU9.0 inventory status :eek:

But don't worry, they're certain to release a bugfix for it sometime Weds! :D :yay:

downloading patch.... patching... patching... patching.... login for 2 minutes...

downloading patch... here we go again.

Red dots on radar without mobs mixed in with mobs not on radar to make us all even more paranoid.

I would laugh but it is so possible that it isn't funny. :(

press V and hunt .. its very exciting no radar no chat, no current hp just your wits and ability to survive or as the case maybe die (repeatedly) ..

This update will introduce a new deposit test to make sure your not sleep playing or too drunk to realize your depositing when you have no money in bank. :D

IS.. there going to be an update today..?? ..? :confused:

:hammer: oops..

Ok, well.. I can't login anyway, after username/password I get 'Authorizing' a long time.. then connection lost..
Then sometimes it says 'Already logged in'..

Anyone else having the same problem?

See Support News on the client loader.

5. not using (read : not decaying and repairing) the equipment makes it to rust or to morally age which lowers its tt value.
This made me lol :)
6. When you login, pedcard decays due to extra load on login server .

sorry a forum wanker by anyother name is still a wanker :p

...once a troller, allaways a troller :silly2:

:hammer: oops..

Ok, well.. I can't login anyway, after username/password I get 'Authorizing' a long time.. then connection lost..
Then sometimes it says 'Already logged in'..

Anyone else having the same problem?

Always and every day, just keep trying again and it works eventually

it must be the new port atlantis and swamp camp. :yay:

i hope they do this update better then the last one. :scratch2:

So, update tomorrow.

OK, I know this is a pointless thread

LOL! No! This wildcatting threads are the most funny threads, full of jokes and a great pool of ideas for MA/FPC how to squeeze us a bit more. ;)

Each time we are waiting for an upgrade I read these threads only. :D

One word: Parrot chute (L)

Edit: As it turned out, no parrot chutes. No fixing the radar bug either, too. :(

Last edited:

NB!
4. does not apply after 10/10 (just in case there was no point skilling up so far).
5. does not apply if the name of the equipment contains any of : adj, imp, mod or (L).

ouch, I hope I did not give out a bunch of brilliant ideas...

actually, I do not care any more - too many "features" already killing the fun/thrill/pedcard since 2006. if it helps to get more people joining/depositing all cool, if not...

what was the last thing implemented that attracted people to join or at least to log in to waste peds? I'll give some hints. was it :
A. shinier graphics?
B. make up?
c. some utterly pointless stuff from barbie world?
D. ze viiklz?
E. SGA aka old school fun = useful items are actually in loot, not in a wet dream, not in empty promises, they actually drop?

do not bother answering, it was rhetorical =)

and please, continue!

J.

How about having every 100th use of a Trade Terminal release an Atrox Stalker as a surprise!

Back