Question: Top End Gaming Mouse for EU?

Using Steelseries IKARI , but then i been hardcore FPS player some years and still do a lot of that , for EU well any mouse who just feels good in the hand will do , dont need an expensive gaming mouse (freaking hell the hitboxes is big like a house :laugh:) , so basicly i think its more about having many keeys, good quality and that it feels right :)

i need lots of buttons so i can hunt on handed you dont get all the options on bottom end 3 button job

I must have the wrong mouse since I loose alot now :laugh:

MX Revolution with G11 keyboard is sweet. takes a couple of days to get used to the shape of the mouse, i did when MX laser first came out but wont use anything else now they are flawless ima.

i love my logitech mx revolution...

all those extra keys are very nice for hunting...
google key => tp chip
forward key => gun
backward key => fap
side wheel forward => r (run)
side wheel backward => unequip
side wheel button => space (change from aim to curser mode)
normal wheel => normal funktions ;)
normal wheel left => k (skills)
normal wheel right => tagging rifle

i can hunt without even touching my keyboard ;)
well only works if u dont want to chat or noone is online :rolleyes:

the best is.. u dont got a wire and still can play for hours ;)
no batteries needed
ohh and its ergonomic so u actually can play for hours without ruining ur hand

and the little motor in the wheel is really fun ;)
u can just push the wheel and it will scroll for up to 7 seconds or more :D
(well actually not needed for playing but excel working with big tables or scrolling down internet pages is alot faster and funnier)

edit: did i mention that its really fun to play while lieing in your bed and EU is running at ur 40" HD TV ;)

Wowow, I want this mouse!

Current mine is old prehistoric OEM version of this Logitech Stuff. :ahh:

Sometimes the cursor moves when I don't move the mouse or vice-versa. Which is exactly as annoying as the "This item is busy and cannot be used" message. :laugh:

For smooth function I like Logitech and Razor. For EU I use a microsoft sidewinder, not because its a great mouse (it ain't), but it has 2 buttons on the side that you can assign macros to. The macros can have 255 steps. Not that I'm suggesting you should ever automate any game actions. I would never do that.

Genius Optical Cable - Silent version

I use Genius Optical, many years old model with left&right button and wheel in the middle of those two beauties. And of course a nice 2metre long cable precisely made in gray colour ending in groundshaking PS2 connector.

Actually, I like it more and more durring the time, since the LMB stopped to make annoing click sound years ago and it still maintains same functionality.

So Im waiting till my RMB will go the same way as left one.
And when this happens, it will be the Top choice for me for years to come :wtg:

Oh and I forgot to mention the scroll wheel on the G9. Once you use it, you'll never want to use another mouse wheel again.

11080.1.0.jpg

MicroGear™ Precision Scroll Wheel: Use Logitech’s exclusive MicroGear™ scrolling technology for precise, click-to-click scrolling—perfect for quick weapon selection. Or switch modes for frictionless, hyper-fast scrolling.

Razer FTW

Razer Diamondback here, love it!

ok im down to 2

Razer Mamba or Logitech MX Revolution

its hard to justify my love of Razer at cheapest £105 vs the 'something newness' of the £49 MX

i think luthien's mapping almost has me convinced, well tomorrow i order one or the other :)

ok im down to 2

its hard to justify my love of Razer at cheapest £105 vs the 'something newness' of the £49 MX

i think luthien's mapping almost has me convinced, well tomorrow i order one or the other :)

The revolution isn't a gaming mouse, you should really go with the G9! It can do all the customizations and more. Plus profiles, adjustable weight, and on the fly resolution changes.

Just my opinion :p

ok im down to 2

For something I would use so much, I would ignore cost (for mice price ranges at least) and just go with whatever I liked best.

...and on the fly resolution changes.

could you offer a situation where this remotly necessary? i mean, all other things, nice, yeah, but surely if you can go to 3000dpi (or what ever) why would you ever need to drop it down?

[*]Razer Lachesis (heard back things about the shape)
[*]Razer Mamba
[/LIST]

I'm quite a Razer lover never tried Logitech but the G9 has me very very tempted, altho the Razer Mamba is looking really really nice but costs alot lol

whats your EU control method? tried any of these? hated em loved em?

Razer FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The revolution isn't a gaming mouse, you should really go with the G9! It can do all the customizations and more. Plus profiles, adjustable weight, and on the fly resolution changes.

g9 got less buttons... (i would not know how to hunt onehanded with 3 buttons less)
and since u dont need a gamer mouse for eu (atleast not that i know lol) u can better go for the mx revo.

the only difference with the profiles is that u can save them at the g9 (i dont see a reason for that, i always play at my laptop)

fly resolution changes, dont the a reason for that..

and weights? hmm i could open my mx revo and put some lead into it ^^

could you offer a situation where this remotly necessary? i mean, all other things, nice, yeah, but surely if you can go to 3000dpi (or what ever) why would you ever need to drop it down?

to select a spot to teleport

I can't give up my secrets ;)

can u customise the + and - keys on it? I really like the weighting, I had to add them to my current copperhead

can u customise the + and - keys on it? I really like the weighting, I had to add them to my current copperhead

That Mamba looks rly tempting. Might get one myself lol

I'm pretty sure you can assign anything to any button as well as key combinations.

I too find on-the-fly resolution changes handy for tp'ing accurately.
I recently successfully tp'd inside of one of the legs of the Pandora Tower (nothing in there).
One thing I recall about the razor, I think you have got to use the razor drivers to get full res out of it, I think it exceeds what the native window driver can handle, unless that has changed.

I'm pretty sure you can assign anything to any button as well as key combinations.

you might think that but sometimes they are locked, often res change buttons are not remappable

btw forgot to add:

went for Razer (what can I say once you tried them)

got

Razer Mamba - really nice shape, decent weight, lacking on number of buttons but I all in all I'm impressed BUT when it drops off the desk it hits the floor, didnt even consider this as a negative but wouldnt be hard to fuck a button dropping it and instinctivly not trying to catch it - wired till this, one thing my cheap wifi phone screws with its connection a little but glad I got it, the presentation OMG it is presented as the TRUE GOD of all mice) attempting to work my way upto 5600dpi slowly, even started to take it to work with me too its that good :)

Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Keyboard (slidey low profile keys are so much nicer than standard ones! who knew! lol

also to replace my cold eXactmax I got a Razer Destructor again not cheap but holy shit you get a little carry case and tested tracking old vs new and the difference is significant!

ok so I'm a complete razer whore now :)

Last edited:
I will personaly go for old good Logitech MX518

Razers are too small for bigger hands ( they are good for wifes and childrens >D ) And the other logitech products are just overpriced for nothing.

High End Laser mouses are not worth it... These small lasers are still not good as the optical readers so they usualy break a lot sooner.. Also you will never notice the difference in DPI >D

Most important is to have good Mouse-pad , i personaly use for already lol 5 years "Steel Qck Pad" and the heavy one as im playing other game at competitive level so i need big surface..

So again, what i can advise and its nothing expensive is a combo of Logitech MX-518 Mouse and "Steel Qck Pad" Mouse pad ( Its not steel its just name of the company >D, its textile actualy )

Also please when you are buying MX-518 , its better to buy this design
http://myego.cz/img/razer-logitech/mx518.jpg As its a different material then the common grey ones and it again stays for longer time

Ahhaaaa, too late i see...

Enjoy your razer combo, not bad choice though i will never buy it >D

( Still better then common mousepads adn mouses and keyboards lol )

EDIT: I see Its mamba, I stoped to use wireless mouses as ! when the battery power level goes down the response time is going up !

Its a big bullshit when you are playing FPS games and you are thinkin LOL im so bad today :D I cant even track properly ! :D then after 20 minutes the mouse starts saying the its low on battery...

Anyway doesnt matter for EU, just the PVP but in EU are so fucked up hitboxes that it really doesnt matter

Ahhaaaa, too late i see...

Enjoy your razer combo, not bad choice though i will never buy it >D

( Still better then common mousepads adn mouses and keyboards lol )

EDIT: I see Its mamba, I stoped to use wireless mouses as ! when the battery power level goes down the response time is going up !

Its a big bullshit when you are playing FPS games and you are thinkin LOL im so bad today :D I cant even track properly ! :D then after 20 minutes the mouse starts saying the its low on battery...

Anyway doesnt matter for EU, just the PVP but in EU are so fucked up hitboxes that it really doesnt matter

when batter power goes down this thing just dies, but its sexy blue pulsing recharge base makes you want to sit it on it when not in use , I use multiple imput devices but my harnds are big (not that long or short) and this mouse fits better than every onther one I've tried, the lack of buttons bugged me until I realised that multiplies the palces you can hold by about 5

razer either love em or hate em, I'm sure I'll but a logi at some point swaping mouses actually reduces RSI for me so I have 2x mouses and a trackball and a n52te + keyboard on the go all the time and swap around alot!

EDIT: EU pvp I use trackerball, try shooting me in the back when im using controlled spins :p

get a mionix, best mouse i ever had, and it's lays so nice in ur hand :D

Sure the macro system could use a bit more work but they are improving it they promised :)

I totally agree :) mionix 1800 is the one I got and yeah it fits so nice in ur hand no other mouse does :)

Last edited:
The problem I see with all these is you are still twisting your arm to deal with a traditional "flat" mouse...while not a "gaming" mouse, this is what I have been using for several years now and absofuckinglutey love it:

http://www.evoluent.com/

Had a Kensington bargain-bucket TrackBall since I got my PC

I`m with Hurrikane. I am on my third Kesington. I switched to trackball from mouse years ago and never went back. Hated clutching a mouse all the time and most other aspects. The trackball plops anywhere and you never run out of desk space because it is stationary, wherever you want to put it. I got around the lack of a scroll wheel by getting a keyboard that has one conveniently placed. Voila, no more shoulder pain!

Back