Question: Trading / Economy is dead,... or not?

Ragna Rock

Old Alpha
Society
M2E
Ragna Ragna Rock
Ive been observing the market for a while now, armors, guns, and generally UL gear market seem to be dead at this point, because of the overflood of L gear, which is in most cases more efficient because of the SIB, and on the other side also cheaper than the UL gear.

Im poundering about got bussines possibilites, making a paper experiment, based upon a 10k PED budget, imaginary buying stuff at the market and than aswell imaginary selling them, to check if I could profit from it, but for now my experiment is writing red numbers.

Seeing the gear market as it is, I started poundering about ores / enmatter resale, its a slow market, and not much profitable, also high risk in matter of buying large amount of "rare" ores at 300%+, and waiting for the price to go up, since you never know when rare ores can become TT food.

Skills are a good speculation market, at the low they are now the only one earning on the skills is the hunter who looted the ESI, crafting skills are still at a more or less normal lvl, but every day more and more ppl are crafting so it wouldnt surprise me that one uber who sells out could make a hughe impact in this market.

Event organisation, never tried it though, have not much opinion on it...

Comissioning: I still get inquires, but either they are dead market goods, impossible to sell at the moment, or to buy stuff which ppl are holding at waiting for the price to go up again, Hangar i.E....

Question: What would you invest in with a budget of 2k-10k PED, in order to generate fast turnover, not necessary big profit, but to say "yes, this could be a good deal"

I think you not only have to study the market and numbers.. better talkk to some ppl and maybe you can buy stuff for them when they need something for crafting....

you can easily notice certain people who constantly have orders of mid/low unL gear (delta, madIV, ewe military, dante, etc..) at -10% and relisting them at +10%; they have been doing it for months, so i guess it's profitable for them.

if you ask me, i think this practice should be prevented by MA, but if they don't do it, i guess that's something we have to live with.

if you ask me, i think this practice should be prevented by MA, but if they don't do it, i guess that's something we have to live with.

How? :scratch2:

Also, why? This is supposed to be a free market economy...

If a reseller can buy at -10% means a user can do that also.
There is nobody that forces you to buy from them.

I think as community we should outsource the whole auction system on bigger stacks and items on entropiabay as soon as it's development is fulfilled.

To be honest, I got a theory (once again), that the UBERHOFs that usually only get looted by Noobs or UBERs, nothing for the mid-level players, are sponsored by the auctionsystem and our all PEDs so get to the wrong end of the chain this way.

Therefore we should pull it out unless the auction (and also transport) fees get diminished to 0,10 PED / auction and max. 10 PED Fee on a 10000 PED item, so 0,001% Fee raise.

Trade is not death, but unless we take out the business traders and resellers people will be aware of an open market since the risk that the system collapses (as it already did) is there when a few control the prices of all. Didn't you learn from Wall Street Massacre guys ?

How? :scratch2:

Also, why? This is supposed to be a free market economy...

regarding 'how', there are plenty of ways to do it, suggested in plenty of threads.

regarding 'why', it's the old debate about whether the wild reselling is benefitial or not for the economy. by "wild reselling" i mean systematic buying for the only purpose of immediate re-listing.

i think that it is not benefitial for the EU market (regardless of how similar we would _like_ to see it as a free market), but that's my personal opinion.

Question: What would you invest in with a budget of 2k-10k PED, in order to generate fast turnover, not necessary big profit, but to say "yes, this could be a good deal"

10k? go hunt/mine/craft, do somthing to entertain. if you spent half the time you probably do in EU with that $1000 researching and day trading stocks/commodities you'd make more money.

Investing in EU is not a smart idea. If investment is what you're striving to be a part of, look into real life opportunities. Faster and largers returns if played right, also, environmental variables are more predictable meaning that with the right research and preperation you're looking at relatively low risk return as opposed to EU.
I also don't believe investing in a market purely based on speculation as to future demands. Not solid enough.

Though if you are intent on investing in EU, all I can say, is don't lol. With the CE2 upgrade about to happen, there are too many potential changes to come, of which we have no idea, that could cripple your ability to on-sell anything you get your hands on prior to CE2.

Just imo.

Ive been observing the market for a while now, armors, guns, and generally UL gear market seem to be dead at this point, because of the overflood of L gear, which is in most cases more efficient because of the SIB, and on the other side also cheaper than the UL gear.

Im poundering about got bussines possibilites, making a paper experiment, based upon a 10k PED budget, imaginary buying stuff at the market and than aswell imaginary selling them, to check if I could profit from it, but for now my experiment is writing red numbers.

Thats good news! :)

How you jump to the conclusion that because reselling gear is harder now the whole economy is dead escapes me though. :rolleyes:

How you jump to the conclusion that because reselling gear is harder now the whole economy is dead escapes me though. :rolleyes:

Buying and selling things on the open market is called trading I think,... reselling, well never gone this way though, but you might aswell call it reselling if I buy alicenies in twin 5% under markup and sell it in auction for market price, and you would be right :)

Trading as a profession is most likely, not yet dead though but close to it

Buying and selling things on the open market is called trading I think,... reselling, well never gone this way though, but you might aswell call it reselling if I buy alicenies in twin 5% under markup and sell it in auction for market price, and you would be right :)

Trading as a profession is most likely, not yet dead though but close to it

To me thats not a problem as it means the crafters don't have to spend a day trading with hundreds of miners to get a large amount and your providing a service.

The problem people have are when resellers buy up all the items on the auction and immediately relist them at a higher price.

Or when they know a crafter has items in their shop keeper at below market rate, someone buys them all and then puts them on auction or in the shop keeper nearby at a higher price. I remember a thread where the request to have the name of the person purchasing items to be available to the shop owner purely for this reason.

What would you invest in with a budget of 2k-10k PED, in order to generate fast turnover, not necessary big profit, but to say "yes, this could be a good deal"
If I knew that I would be doing it. If I told you then you would undercut me and make a slightly lower profit. I would then undercut you and make an even lower profit. This would go on until no one makes a profit. I believe we have reached this situation - some time ago.
The only people making profits are those who made large investments early on and those who have had a large ATH.
The rest of us play (and pay) for fun.

I'm siding with Leona :). Hurray for the L item shower and low prices :). I'm cycling more peds than ever. The economy is actually very good. Except resseler business, but i'm sure not a lot of players will lose days of sleep because of that. Playing is the most important part, as this is a game afterall. We are not trading RL commodities.

10k? go hunt/mine/craft, do somthing to entertain. if you spent half the time you probably do in EU with that $1000 researching and day trading stocks/commodities you'd make more money.

If it wasn't for that pesky $25,000 minimum most firms require to allow you to day trade and the high risk of instant ruin you might be right! Personally I have no idea what to invest in to make quick short term profits. I will tell you in 6 months if I was right on the long term ideas though.

Back