UPDATES!!! Please Post...

]

on left side u see a small red mob , that's a spider bomber

droka looks kinde like drone

well after having some good fun at Ithica, we cleared out many of the bots I was using my apis but it was firing explosive rounds (alas not quite as fast as i would like :D) reloged to sort it, cant get back in, a bit of a let down really. Bots should have spawned at more TP's so that the player base was more distributed and we would suffer from less lag... seems pretty simple to me :confused:

still cant get back in

I know i'm not in the game and i know i'm not being frustrated by being stuck in lag (i'm sure my time will come)...but i still think this is the coolest...

I don't like the word retreat...but perhaps people who can should...regroup and come out them as i said before with snipers...picking them off one by one...that mass of red dots...(blobs) is too thick...no way at all to affectively get to them all...

sorry...i'm on the outside looking in...what's it called...a backseat driver...or armchair coach...lol...

Okay my friends I am going home now...I will be there to help kill those damn tin cans soon...

We must all fight as one!!

Keep your helmets on, your socks dry and your guns loaded...

Managed to get back in, died at Hades, and revived in Zychion. (?)

Anyway, lag wasn't as bad there at first....the colonists were holding there own for a while, until the robots learned how to climb the ramps.....after that it was a full retreat. People shouting out things like "All hail our new Robot overlords!" :)

MindStar was nice enough to tell me she got a video clip of me being shot and rolling down the ramp to my death.....I imagine that'll probably gonna make the videoshoot colab.

Anyway, even Zychion is lagging way too much now. Still, despite the lag, I liked it anyway. Will be glad to tell newcomers years from now I was there the day that the Robots over-ran Calypso. :D

Okay my friends I am going home now...I will be there to help kill those damn tin cans soon...

We must all fight as one!!

Keep your helmets on, your socks dry and your guns loaded...

Come on Mountain time zone.... move faster.....

Interesting paradox. I'm glad I'm still employed in these tough economic times, however I wish I wasn't so I could take part in the lag-fest. But, if I wasn't employed, EU wouldn't be nearly as fun!

Come on Mountain time zone.... move faster.....

Interesting paradox. I'm glad I'm still employed in these tough economic times, however I wish I wasn't so I could take part in the lag-fest. But, if I wasn't employed, EU wouldn't be nearly as fun!

1 more hour for us man...1 long hour lol

Simon and Pixie (the guides) are in Zychion.

They both have a red plasma pistol which kills any robot, even the huge ones, in one single shot.

They are un-armored but never loose a signe HP, even when 10 bots are around them.

In my opinion, THE GUIDES are the ones who have the biggest fun down here. :laugh:

Simon said he will deliver the city, becasue of hundreds bots surrounding the building and preventing people to TP out. :laugh:

Last edited:
Well, screw Major Jennie Bantha PooDoo, then.

GO SIMON!

jamhot to zychion!!!

I'm home and ready to sign on and i'm told that they are taking the servers down to wait...did i miss it all? ...wait..dumb question...of course not.

look like we lost zychion and Hade (server down)
bots got them :-(

How are thinghs going on all the other targeted cities ??
Maybe defending colonists are able to fight back and servers aren't crashing because we still don't have news from there.

- wolverine ?
- Troy ?
- NAte valley ?

ithaca seems to be clear. couple bots left, but they are all lagged out.

lag is soo bad i went to a tp without the invasion and it was lagging there too ...so decided to call it a night !

same stuff.. respawns keep coming i guess. ithaca and hades are a little easier than zychion it seems like. simon is at zychion. thats all the news i got.

I just wish someone was actualy sorting out the avas who cant login :(

They reset the servers earlier and each place now has a more steady stream of bots lot less laggier.

I've spotted new bots at Wolverine Hope

Spiderbomb bots

Simon is at Zychion just making sure that the teleporter is clear so people can get in and out easily.

Fighting still going strong at Hades C and at Zychion where there are Segs. Fighting still going on at Wolverine and Nate too, i'll have to go check on Fort Troy and let you know what's going.

All the best.

Jam.

P.S. You can see the action from in game here ---> https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/robot-wars/135528-jamhottv-war-has-started.html

I can tell you this ... I was at Zychion when we got word that Hades 'C' was under attack first. My socmate JackFree headed there and confirmed it. He said he couldn't move, let alone shoot, because of the lag. :( Then the other cities came under fire, BUT ...

This time for some reason ... the lag near the massive spawns was quite taxing, and my fraps at times went down to "1" barely moving the screen, which is unusual for my system to experience ... and that made it very challenging to get up close footage with any mob density, so I apologize for that. I WILL however, try again later to see if it might be better.

Perhaps ... some of the others who do videos will have been luckier than I was this go round and can provide better footage for you, but I'll definitely give it another go later after dinner and see what I can come up with. This video was put together fast, but it at least gives you a bit of an idea of what's going on out there. I didn't make it to any of the other cities yet, but I will. :D

[YOUTUBE]hXVsCKeU5eQ[/YOUTUBE]

Me and the Boys

ms9-bigbulks.jpg

To ALL of you who havent been able to logg in yet. UBER GRATTZ to all of you :yay: YOU all are the BIG winners. ALL this "event" has been given me so far is an IMMENSE skill gain in "LPF" :(

Big bots, strong ?

I have no clue my dear ... my hud was off, and I don't move my cursor over anything when I'm filming or taking screenies, but when I saw these guys all lonely and stuff, I decided to keep them company. ;) However, I can tell you that I saw many struggle with them, and even more who had no chance. :laugh: I think I just happened to catch these guys sleeping. :D

small update: Neo Baan (sp?) is still dead next to ithaca tp. Myself and AncientAutumn are still dead by twin peaks tp. Odd seeing as i was in Ithaca 45 min before and up until the attacks started. Soon as it started i tp'd to hades. But my body is in twin dead lol. Oh yeah, for hours now.

Big hopes for a nice event went to dust (for now :))... all because the damn LAG! Just horrible.

To bad it turned out this way.

small update: Neo Baan (sp?) is still dead next to ithaca tp. Myself and AncientAutumn are still dead by twin peaks tp. Odd seeing as i was in Ithaca 45 min before and up until the attacks started. Soon as it started i tp'd to hades. But my body is in twin dead lol. Oh yeah, for hours now.

Oh wow, that's awful ... I kept hearing things like this all the while I was out in the field, and I can only imagine how frustrating that has to be.

To be honest ... I had to do what I could to get the video footage I did and then log out to try to assemble something to share, because even with my great system, it was very taxed, and you can see at the end of the video at Nate's how the fraps degraded and then stopped briefly ... it was insane.

There was no way ... I could get close enough to any level of mob density at Zychion because of where they spawned, and how they where in and amongst the ruins (as you can see in the video from the bridge). At Nate's, I waited for a relatively clear path, and then ran my purple ass off into the thick of it beneath the ship, but you saw how far into that mess I got. :laugh:

At any rate ... I have heard or read that MA has made some adjustments and it should be better, but if you guys are still not back to normal, then I hope that they get to you soon and somehow fix it.

Back