Vehicles info, video and facts Thread

-Vehicle storage is also looted but ONLY IF the driver is NOT killed BEFORE the car gets blown up. (need to check this a bit)

so if i understand you right you kill the car first then the player you loot both?

Good in one sence and in another not :p gives the one being attacked a chance to fight back as they have to kill his car first. But if the others have a car to he have to kill that too.

Yes, really confusing: if you kill the player first, the car 'escapes'? Would make sense with a horse but not with a car.

Well, not much makes sense in EU anyway. ;)
I am still sceptical, need more info/proof.

(Nope, no vehicle for me yet)

Car Racing doesn't always need a track.
Imagine a race from Fort Troy to Cape Cornith
Now that would be a good event.:wtg:

Good post, handy info:yay:
Thanks

u can race in laps @ Switzerland good tracks there

u can race in laps @ Switzerland good tracks there

One question tho, isn't it mobs guarding that racetrack? and they might be upset when humans come and try to take over their racetrack so they begin attacking the cars? (=loosing tt value)

updated the thread with the official FPC guide

Nice work. Very informative thread! thanks.

..must say though, it's 1 tree, two trees, three trees.
Please adjust the threes in your story and it'll be great :D

Driving a Vehicle:
First, spawn the vehicle. Right click the vehicle icon in your inventory, and place the vehicle on the ground. Note that you need to be on flat terrain in order to spawn the vehicle.

Once spawned, you will need to fuel the vehicle with Refined Oil in order to drive it. Drag Refined Oil from your inventory and over the vehicle. You will receive a message that the vehicle has been fueled.
After having done so, enter the vehicle by right-clicking on it and choosing 'Operate'. Now you can drive using "W" for acceleration, and "S" for reverse. Use the mouse to steer.

I have tried everything but cant steer the car with the mouse. I have to use the left right keys on the keyboard. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
* deleted *

Last edited:
Incorrect info.... carry on

Last edited:
Can someone confirm if the fuel consumption of the cars is higher now ?

It hasn't changed, it's just displayed differently in the item info (using oil units instead of PED value).

GOT ONE :yay:

awsome job MA (and myself on the paint)..

quite cheap to use nd even accidental mob attack not gonna cost you to much.

make sure you have a easy accest exit vehicle button (auction liberary and layout). Then if a mobs attacks and you cant outrun it hit the exit vehicle button and the car wont get attackt but you. (the focus of a mob on the ava not the car)

Thanks for all the information.

I don't currently own a vehicle and have a couple of questions trying to understand them. Regarding this section:

A vehicle will take damage from creatures other players in PvP-Zones. You will not die from the vehicle starting to burn while you are in it, but you will be ejected from the vehicle. To fix the vehicle so you can use it again, you can use the hand-held Vehicle RK-series tool. Point the tool at the vehicle and operate.

This damage is not the same as decay. The vehicle will decay as you use it. Depending on whether the vehicle is a limited or unlimited version, you will be able to repair it in a Repair terminal. However both limited and unlimited vehicles can be fixed by using the Vehicle RK tools.

• Vehicle starting to burn
    What causes a vehicle to burn?
  • This damage is not the same as decay
    What causes this damage? PVP Damage? Burn damage?
  • Vehicle RK tool
    edit: ah found them: Vehicle RK-5 (L) and Vehicle RK-20 (L)
    and indeed, they repair the structural integrity

Furthermore i have seen vehicles upside down, what happened there? Do you need to get that vehicle rk tool out?

What are the possible causes for structural integrity damage? I have read somewhere (this thread? :ahh:) that getting shot in PVP causes SI damage. But crashing into trees, from cliffs, ... as well?

Furthermore,

If you put Oil into it, does the weight of the oil get absorbed by the car?
Can you get oil out of it again?

Think this is it for now :)

Furthermore i have seen vehicles upside down, what happened there? Do you need to get that vehicle rk tool out?

Mine is upside down frequently... exit vehicle, pick up vehicle, spawn vehicle.

But crashing into trees, from cliffs, ... as well?

I have driven off some seriously high cliffs... no damage to the car. Just my ego on a poor landing.

If you put Oil into it, does the weight of the oil get absorbed by the car?Can you get oil out of it again?

Oil does not add to the vehicle weight. Placing stuff in the vehicle storage does. As far as I know, oil cannot be removed from the vehicle.

Thanks Rayne, that answers my questions. I am starting to get it now :D

Vehicles seem pretty cool!

Perhaps this is the wrong thread to ask, but if u use a mounted gun on the car, who's ammo is used ?
The one who is firing or the owner of the car (and mounted gun)?
I can imagine that the decay of the gun is for the owner, but ammo use......

Greetings,

bigdeal

Ah and another question!

Does the weight of the person driving the car influence the speed?

Ah and another question!

Does the weight of the person driving the car influence the speed?

I believe it does. I've been doing some informal testing as well as comparing notes with other drivers during some casual racing and it seems quite evident.

It appears that the carried weight of the avatar, just like the carried weight of in-car storage, effects vehicle performance. Lighter will climb hills faster, while going downhill with extra weight will carry more speed. Overall lighter seems better for overall speed and also off road capability.

:beerchug:

Miles

the question might be stupid but I have to ask :)
So if mobs or other avatars in PVP zones atack the vehicle and destroy it, is that the end of it? :) will the vehicle be completely destroyed or I can just repair it with the tools? and when the TT value of the vehicle falls? the SI and TT are quite confusing, didn't completely understand that.. :scratch2: :ahh:

You have two different values: the TT value (17 ped with the Valkyrie) and the structual integrity value (300 points with the Valkyrie).
If the car gets hit by a mob or in PvP combat, both values go down but the structual integrity value goes down faster than the TT value. When the structual integrity value reaches zero (0) the car blows up but you can still repair the structual integrity value and use the car again, if you have TT value left on the car.

Last edited:
hm, I see, thanks.
another question, does the vehicle commisioning cost and if yes, how much?

Thanks.

Sorry, are you sure for the consumption that it is 0.17 PED / 10 km rather than 1 km? Did you calculate or does the Info panel hint told you? :D

Unless my maths skills are even worse that I think, it makes the vehicles more eco that TP chips. (Even if slower). :ahh:

after seeing the first video...

TP-ing goes in an exact straight line. Driving seldomly does, due to terrain features.

So in the end, if the cost/km is the same, the TP-chip would be more economical.

:rolleyes:

after seeing the first video...

TP-ing goes in an exact straight line. Driving seldomly does, due to terrain features.

So in the end, if the cost/km is the same, the TP-chip would be more economical.

:rolleyes:

true, you tp to the highest point you can walk on at the target location. So some of the vertical face cliffs on Amaethera are not a problem for tp chips but vehicles could need huge detours to get to the same point.

Back